Fire Emblem Warriors Wroth getting?

IkeBoyDude

hi all,

Fire emblem Warriors is coming out next week for the switch, 

the store that I buy my games from will have it on the 27th, only via preorder same day as Super Mario odyssey comes out aswell.

tho, I'm excited for super Mario (it is a must have game after Zelda BOTW).

im not 100% sure on wtheiter to get FE warriors Aswell,

at first I was like: "yeah this looks interesting" 

but now I'm not dead set on getting it, well not sure if I should or shouldn't.

any good reason why fe warriors is wroth the 60 euro and wroth getting ATM? 

thanx. 

Well for starters, you're asking on a Fire Emblem forum about a Fire Emblem game, so I'd say you're probably more likely to get 'worth it' responses, but it's all going to be your preferences. 

Have you played a Warriors game before? I've only played Hyrule Warriors but absolutely loved it, and everything I hear about Fire Emblem Warriors is its a better version of Hyrule Warriors. Mario Odyssey definitely has wider appeal, that's for sure, but they're completely different games with completely different experiences. They just happen to be coming out at similar times.

It'll be a fun game, but if you can't afford it or are worried about spending the money on it, then don't. I doubt you'd regret it though.

Edited by dmurr

Fire Emblem Warriors will help with the final week leading up to Mario. But I know i'm putting the game down the moment I get my hands on Mario. That's not just a game, that's an event. There's a good case for waiting on Fire Emblem Warriors as well if money is a concern. If it's like Hyrule Warriors, the game will see some free updates alongside the paid DLC content. So as time goes on, the game will become more complete. 

But if you're just asking if the game is good enough to warrant purchase at all, then yes. Here's a really good review of the game if you want to know more about what's good and bad.

I would say not to get if you aren't already familiar with Warriors games.... 

Musou games tends to be very hit or miss...

If you do get it- You should know about the impressions that new players often have about Warriors games- that they are repetitive, games that are better suited to fun time wasting than challenge due to their low difficulty. While people have gone around saying that this game isn't as bad-(and long time warriors players know that on higher difficulties and later maps this stops begin a problem) I would still like to point out the case of my nephew- who went through about 1/3 of Warriors Orochi 2, the entire adventure map in Hyrule warriors and about half of its master quest map= all without knowing that attack strings other than weak attack>weak attack>weak attack> etc even existed. 

- From what I can see- the story maps are easy, with only 1 with Pegasus knights being mildly annoying (perhaps they should have limited the number of times you can change an ally's orders to 3-5 per map)  History mode features a better balance of medium and hard maps- However there are two kinds of hard maps in dynasty warriors- Hard maps determined by being forced in position of having to defend allies on seperate parts of the map (multitasking), and hard maps determined by strong enemies (stats)- For the most part, the latter are designed not to even be attempted until you meet it's  level threshold- even then, Powered up officers  have large health, and while hitting harder, use the same movesets as their lesser brethen- prompting you into trying to fight them with rolls/parries for a longer period of time despite "already doing enough to win" if you had met that same enemy on a different map where they were a normal enemy captain instead of "a valued enemy captain" and/or you leveled up your characters some more.  While the story mode should be seen as an extended tutorial* the bulk of the game is the history maps, some of which have the same low difficulty, some with some fairly engaging setups , and some that can be accessed early and are hard when first unlocked, but fairly disinter sting if you wait to play them as the game encourages (as in FEW, unlike traditional Warriors, you will want the whole party of charathers leveled up instead of a few player controlled characters)

*(an old style tutorial- you probably will have to restart some  of the maps, it isn't an auto win) 

As far as I am concerned- it looks like a good game, but I'm certain that most people will get sick of it without going through the whole (base) thing. I'm of the opinion that Warriors games should be played on Hard by default, but this is less for challenge as it is more for improving the game's longevity-  I don't feel like people can be persuaded not to play it on normal mode by default, and therefore those people new to the Warriors genre shouldn't purchase it at  its launch price- for it will disappoint some of them. Even if you are in a position to appreciate Musou games- I think 2018 is a very competitive year and there are two many high quality games to have time for FEW for the immediate future (maybe less of an issue if you are a single-console gamer)

If you want to get ideas of how long it is, you check this poll of the last Nintendo crossover Musou. I think sites like this consistently overshoot how long games are though- I would expect the average player to spend 8 hours on story mode and an additional 22 hours on history mode (80 if they wanted to complete it) 

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=35808

Edited by Reality

19 hours ago, dmurr said:

Well for starters, you're asking on a Fire Emblem forum about a Fire Emblem game, so I'd say you're probably more likely to get 'worth it' responses, but it's all going to be your preferences. 

Have you played a Warriors game before? I've only played Hyrule Warriors but absolutely loved it, and everything I hear about Fire Emblem Warriors is its a better version of Hyrule Warriors. Mario Odyssey definitely has wider appeal, that's for sure, but they're completely different games with completely different experiences. They just happen to be coming out at similar times.

It'll be a fun game, but if you can't afford it or are worried about spending the money on it, then don't. I doubt you'd regret it though.

well, I have played the demo of Hyrule warriors legend on 3ds, it was nice, but not for 3ds (Imo, smash even isn't that good to play on 3ds :) (great games, but the C-Stick takes a bad beating from these games :( .

I would have gotten warriors on WIIU, but I didn't buy a wii at the time (2012), I instead chose the PSvita over wii, we'll I already have a modded wii that plays wii/gc games, so yeah.

I liked hyrule warriors, being a big fan of Zelda, (reason I got a switch was for BOTW :) back in march.)

FE warriors is like hyrule warriors 2.0, but even better, like how fates fe improved on awakening on 3ds same with echoes. 

money isn't an issue for me, I have already the amount for SMO, and nearly the amount for FEW.

18 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Fire Emblem Warriors will help with the final week leading up to Mario. But I know i'm putting the game down the moment I get my hands on Mario. That's not just a game, that's an event. There's a good case for waiting on Fire Emblem Warriors as well if money is a concern. If it's like Hyrule Warriors, the game will see some free updates alongside the paid DLC content. So as time goes on, the game will become more complete. 

But if you're just asking if the game is good enough to warrant purchase at all, then yes. Here's a really good review of the game if you want to know more about what's good and bad.

yeah, I was interested at first, but then was like kinda, cause the money for few, I could use to get extras for switch, or a pro controller for (80E).

but after I saw the video review link you posted for GB, I'm ore to get FEW along with SMO :) 

after beating Zelda, I'm ready to play more nice AAA+ games :) 

tho, the joy cons run out of juice quite fast, so I might need a pro controller in the "far" future. 

the straps for joy cons suck tho :( first time I tried putting one on I could not for the love of me, get it off :( .

aslo, why are the assures for switch so expensive? 

I don't remember the gamecube assures being that exp, the games maybe, but not the extra stuff, like controllers etc.

one other thing, is a game case needed for switch games? since I have the official carry switch case? 

15 hours ago, Reality said:

I would say not to get if you aren't already familiar with Warriors games.... 

Musou games tends to be very hit or miss...

If you do get it- You should know about the impressions that new players often have about Warriors games- that they are repetitive, games that are better suited to fun time wasting than challenge due to their low difficulty. While people have gone around saying that this game isn't as bad-(and long time warriors players know that on higher difficulties and later maps this stops begin a problem) I would still like to point out the case of my nephew- who went through about 1/3 of Warriors Orochi 2, the entire adventure map in Hyrule warriors and about half of its master quest map= all without knowing that attack strings other than weak attack>weak attack>weak attack> etc even existed. 

- From what I can see- the story maps are easy, with only 1 with Pegasus knights being mildly annoying (perhaps they should have limited the number of times you can change an ally's orders to 3-5 per map)  History mode features a better balance of medium and hard maps- However there are two kinds of hard maps in dynasty warriors- Hard maps determined by being forced in position of having to defend allies on seperate parts of the map (multitasking), and hard maps determined by strong enemies (stats)- For the most part, the latter are designed not to even be attempted until you meet it's  level threshold- even then, Powered up officers  have large health, and while hitting harder, use the same movesets as their lesser brethen- prompting you into trying to fight them with rolls/parries for a longer period of time despite "already doing enough to win" if you had met that same enemy on a different map where they were a normal enemy captain instead of "a valued enemy captain" and/or you leveled up your characters some more.  While the story mode should be seen as an extended tutorial* the bulk of the game is the history maps, some of which have the same low difficulty, some with some fairly engaging setups , and some that can be accessed early and are hard when first unlocked, but fairly disinter sting if you wait to play them as the game encourages (as in FEW, unlike traditional Warriors, you will want the whole party of charathers leveled up instead of a few player controlled characters)

*(an old style tutorial- you probably will have to restart some  of the maps, it isn't an auto win) 

As far as I am concerned- it looks like a good game, but I'm certain that most people will get sick of it without going through the whole (base) thing. I'm of the opinion that Warriors games should be played on Hard by default, but this is less for challenge as it is more for improving the game's longevity-  I don't feel like people can be persuaded not to play it on normal mode by default, and therefore those people new to the Warriors genre shouldn't purchase it at  its launch price- for it will disappoint some of them. Even if you are in a position to appreciate Musou games- I think 2018 is a very competitive year and there are two many high quality games to have time for FEW for the immediate future (maybe less of an issue if you are a single-console gamer)

If you want to get ideas of how long it is, you check this poll of the last Nintendo crossover Musou. I think sites like this consistently overshoot how long games are though- I would expect the average player to spend 8 hours on story mode and an additional 22 hours on history mode (80 if they wanted to complete it) 

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=35808

nice, thanx for the info,