Show me Your Beautiful, Beautiful Garbage!

CWGameplay

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, Astellius said:

@Ice Dragon Care to weigh in on whether or not dragons are viable at the uppermost ends of the arena?

Bad time to ask. Whale meta is changing fast due to new seals. Better wait till things settle down. Almost any melee unit can give you 742 points atm. Once we get 3lvl 3 unique seals, who know what can reach 744 points. If IS doesn't boost the max points, the Whale meta will have a lot more variety than just Armours.

Edited by Clogon

1 minute ago, Clogon said:

Bad time to ask. Whale meta is changing fast due to new seals. Better wait till things settle down. Almost any melee unit can give you 742 points atm. Once we get 3lvl 3 unique seals, who know what can reach 744 points.

This is silly--you're the one who asserted that dragons aren't viable because they don't give enough points (and can't deal with Sheena), but now you're saying any melee unit can give enough points. So you're contradicting yourself. And it's kinda derailing the thread...

45 minutes ago, Astellius said:

This is silly--you're the one who asserted that dragons aren't viable because they don't give enough points (and can't deal with Sheena), but now you're saying any melee unit can give enough points. So you're contradicting yourself. And it's kinda derailing the thread...

IS literally just changed the game on monday and even someone with a 158 BST like Hawkeye can get 742 points. And tomorrow night even more unique teams will pop up due to 2x Lv3 unique seals. You asked if it "is" viable (present tense) but no one knows atm since the game is changing and will change again very soon.

If you think Y!Tiki doing 15 damage to a 3x Ward Sheena (4 turn kill) is viable instead of someone using an Anti-Armour weapon doing more than half her health (2 turn kill), then I cannot understand you. As Ice Dragon previously stated, Anti Armour weapons are in high demand in the land of the whales.

You are right. This is derailing the topic. I am sorry.

Edited by Clogon

My beautiful girl. She honestly does amazing, survived QP Moonbow Reinhardt the other day in arena (in a defense tile) and killed in retaliation. Queen of ignoring the weapon triangle.

Screenshot_2017-08-21-18-30-22.png

Alright there's a lot going on so I'm just going to pop in and check on some of the units I didn't get to comment on.

@DarkLordIvy

As a Genealogy fanboy, I definitely approve of this.  I never considered Seliph as one of those units you groan when you pull, but it's kinda true.  I mean, no one uses Hp +5 besides maybe some healers, and definitely no one uses Brash Assault 2.  But anyways, he seems really great!

@BANRYU

I find it really interesting that we've had 3 different Oboros posted on this thread and they've all been different.  From Brave Lance, to Killer Lance, to QR, to Vantage.  It's just cool to see all these people building this specific unit just because they love her.

@Astellius

A Fir with Attack above 40?!  Just kidding, just kidding.  But I was surprised about her pretty solid attack, as well as her Res still being pretty high.  She seems really strong.  If you have her Fury instead of L/D, then Iceberg would do great, especiallly with the Wo Dao bonus.

@Clogon

Thats a pretty nice Xander.  I have to admit, I've never really looked into Spring Xander's capabilities, because I never pulled him and he seemed pretty bad.  And while he's obviously not the best, he's not terrible either, especially if you've used him enough to get him that much HM.

@Ranulfo

Interesting!  I've always seen her built with Raven tome and TA, but not usually as a bomb with Blade time.  She looks like she can fill in the role of Sanaki and Lilian pretty well, only she has much higher Def than both of them do.

I've wanted to build a Sully for the longest. Finally came up with this one while working last week. The addition of higher rank seals actually make this pretty neat.  +ATK/-def.

Screenshot_2017-10-12-03-35-51.png

Edited by KatarinaCS1

@Ranulfo Love your Sophia soo much! I remember she was my first mage and kept her as a main for a long time until I got Lilina. Now seeing yours, I wanna train mine again! Amazing attack, and seems really bulky and reliable! And wow, being able to survive a Moonbow Rein, I don't know a lot of Red mages (or a lot of units tbh) able to do that!

@KatarinaCS1 That attack and speed seem deadly! And paired with high movement and FS lance, she must be a really funny unit to use! And it makes me so happy to see people using Sully because I always loved her as a character

Not sure how low-tier she's (in the wiki is qualified as a A- which offends me so much), here's my precious and delicate wife Glass Canon! Spent 80k feathers on this, but worth it! She can deal giant damage no matter the color, and if she manages to double, RIP everyone. 

screenshot_20170921_141829_by_zlnnla-dbo

(howeveriscalledblade tome, Draw back, her default special, L&D 3, Bowbreaker, attack increasing skill (?), +1 attack seal, hopefully soon to upgrade. Yet I'm not sure if keeping it or switch for a +speed one, allowing her to reach 39spd with Azura's boost...)

10 hours ago, Astellius said:

Um, except it isn't. It's one of the least desirable axes to inherit, especially to replace Armads. What's a less desirable axe to inherit? It's very low in attack and extremely niche in use. I could equip an Iron or Steel Axe, but he comes with those. He had to inherit and learn the Hammer.

My world revolves around beating the crap out of armors, and in a world where armors are 85% of the enemies you face (the remaining 15% is Brave Ike), Hammer is one of the most useful weapons to have. This is why my Effie has Heavy Spear+ and my Frederick keeps his default Hammer+.

Back before 742-point teams became a thing, Hector with a Hammer+ was fairly common in the 740-point tier for defense teams that didn't need Armads to boost their score up to that point.

The least desirable axe in the game is Silver Axe(+).

9 hours ago, Astellius said:

Dragons.

There are only 6 dragons in the game (only 2 of which are red, and the only green has below-average Def) and 7 rounds in Arena Assault. Dragons also don't give you as many points.

9 hours ago, Clogon said:

Don't give you as many points and Sheena shrugs them all off.

My Tiki eats Sheena alive. Ward Armor doesn't exist in my score range.

9 hours ago, Astellius said:

@Ice Dragon Care to weigh in on whether or not dragons are viable at the uppermost ends of the arena?

In Arena, if your goal is to stay in Tier 20, dragons are fine. I consistently rank around 300-1000 with three +10 dragons and a bonus unit, but Brave Lyn has been causing all kinds of annoyances recently (though Sophia is thankfully a bonus unit this week).

In Arena Assault, I can run Tiki in my lead team and still guarantee 744-point opponents with no unique skills on any team member, but it requires all three of the other members to be armors (I don't have +10 Amelia either). However, 744-point Arena Assault is once again full of mono-green (plus Gwendolyn) teams, meaning only the two Tikis are at all viable there (Gwendolyn runs Firesweep Lance+, Aether, Steady Breath, Wrath 3, and Quickened Pulse, if I remember correctly, so Fae doesn't do so well there).

Edited by Ice Dragon

32 minutes ago, Zinnia said:

That is absolutely terrifying.  My Sanaki is crying because she'll never be this good.  I'm crying because I'm imagining my Nino getting annihilated by this goddess.  Bravo, truly.  I'm gonna have to save that image to put into my folder of awesome units.

@KatarinaCS1

That sully is pretty sweet!  I never considered her for that build, but it seems to work pretty well on her.  I should probably use Firesweep more, I love the concept.  My Cordelia is Firesweep, but I should probably get a Firesweep lance for my +2 Oscar.

Edited by CWGameplay

21 hours ago, Zinnia said:

@Ranulfo Love your Sophia soo much! I remember she was my first mage and kept her as a main for a long time until I got Lilina. Now seeing yours, I wanna train mine again! Amazing attack, and seems really bulky and reliable! And wow, being able to survive a Moonbow Rein, I don't know a lot of Red mages (or a lot of units tbh) able to do that!

Thank you! She really is amazing, I recommend going back to her if you don't have any other projects and trying a fun build :D So powerful yet bulky. I was actually going to do the same thing, but I never pulled Lilina, so I kept working on Sophia. In fact, Sanaki came home before Lilina. Her and Roy have yet to appear on any of my summoning sessions. What have I done to offend you, Binding Blade? By the way, yours looks AMAZING. That attack stat makes me shiver. Hone Spd and Drive Spd and she must manhandle every enemy in her path. Scary!

And just to keep the post on topic, here's some more of my garbage lol I loved Florina back in FE7 so I vowed to make her work in Heroes without spending any Hectors. She does work with the help of a few Goad Fliers, and a Fortify Fliers allows her to soak a lot of magical damage, even certain Reinhardts! I also have a Klein to give her Death Blow, but... I'm waiting a while to see if someone needs it more. And then there's everyone's favorite pity breaker when they're going for green. I love Merric, actually. I was aiming for him for a while. I love his balanced stats, they work perfectly with the owl tomes. His build isn't finished because I don't know what he needs in his B. A Breaker? Vantage? Renewal? QR? I need to use him more to see what he really needs there.

Screenshot_2017-10-13-12-24-08.png

Screenshot_2017-10-13-12-24-18.png

@Ranulfo

I really enjoy both of those builds!  I personally don't like Merric as a unit because of his weird stat distribution, but yours definitely works.  I'd suggest replacing his C Slot with either Threaten Attack or if you somehow have a Brave Lyn sitting around, Attack Smoke would be amazing on him.  It helps him be even more tankier!

My beautifull garbage in Action: Arena Expert. Lost a unit on the 6. battle (should have baited Celica instead of running in). Also some minutes were lost around the 10 min. mark because my recorder went hiatius it seems. But this is basicly how i run Boey Azama B!Ike and PA!Azura in Arena Currently.

Edited by Hilda

She's not yet done.... Mathilda is lacking Hone Cavalry and Reposition. Her IV's are +ATK/-DEF

Coming soon, her other Cavalry friends with Wings of Mercy so that they warp next to her once she's low on HP.

Explanations for her skillset. She uses Firesweep Lance+ so she can poke enemies to death while not eating a counter-attack because she's squishy as heck. This goes well with Hit and Run allowing her to move one space after attack. Fury 3 and Speed Seal raises her stats to decent levels. If I fully upgrade the Speed Seal and Mathilda is at 5*, she's going to end up sitting at 35/38 offenses which is nice; this is not yet factoring in Hone and Goad Cavalry's bonuses.

Since Fury has recoil; it opens up the aforementioned Wings of Mercy shenanigans.

Glacies is there so I can take advantage of huge RES stat.

Capture+_2017-10-14-10-51-35.png

Edited by Frosty

8 hours ago, Frosty said:

She's not yet done.... Mathilda is lacking Hone Cavalry and Reposition. Her IV's are +ATK/-DEF

Coming soon, her other Cavalry friends with Wings of Mercy so that they warp next to her once she's low on HP.

Explanations for her skillset. She uses Firesweep Lance+ so she can poke enemies to death while not eating a counter-attack because she's squishy as heck. This goes well with Hit and Run allowing her to move one space after attack. Fury 3 and Speed Seal raises her stats to decent levels. If I fully upgrade the Speed Seal and Mathilda is at 5*, she's going to end up sitting at 35/38 offenses which is nice; this is not yet factoring in Hone and Goad Cavalry's bonuses.

Since Fury has recoil; it opens up the aforementioned Wings of Mercy shenanigans.

Glacies is there so I can take advantage of huge RES stat.

Capture+_2017-10-14-10-51-35.png

I like this. I quite like Mathilda as a character but found her awful to level up as a 4* unit 'cos even swords seemed able to kill her. If I ever get round to actually building units instead of just promoting them (I value the conversations the most), then I might look into this :D

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I like this. I quite like Mathilda as a character but found her awful to level up as a 4* unit 'cos even swords seemed able to kill her. If I ever get round to actually building units instead of just promoting them (I value the conversations the most), then I might look into this :D

For me, I find Mathilda a case of "Difficult but Awesome"...

She's difficult because she's so squishy and even Swords units can pick her off as you mentioned, also her HP is crap and she needs the right IV's to actually work... and normally, Mathilda is kinda bleh and outclassed for a Cavalry unit.

On the other hand, if one gets the resources and the right IV's to make her functional, she becomes an unexpected powerhouse. At this point, Mathilda's going to be my primary Firesweep Lance user in a Cavalry team once I unlock her full potential at 5*. I've yet to build up my other Firesweeper that is none other than Roderick who is +SPD/-HP.

Edited by Frosty

@Frosty

Its only creating this thread that I've really noticed how many underrated units can be awesome with Firesweep Lance.  Both Mathilda and Sully are generally underwhelming compared to Camus or even Oscar, but when a Firesweep Lance is slapped onto them they can be really good and even on par with work.  Great job!

+Atk/-Def Felicia. I gave her Poison Strike when I was training her and that made the process easier so I'm a little biased. I might give her Poison Dagger because she's the only good dagger unit I have and the current Kagero doesn't have good natures. 

n8Il7V0.jpg

Silver Dagger/Draw Back/Glacies

Fury/Poison Strike/Savage Blow

Here is my build for the Bench Lord, Alfonse. The bane of Hectors, B!Ike, and the Green Axe Dancer (who I continuously mistake for her counterpart the Blue Lance Dancer).

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171014-180508.thumb.png.87e84bdd6d5bfdc5b017a3de29c3b112.png

And next is my build for Marth's lovely bride Caeda. Her sole job on my dragon team is to wipe out the detestable mage Julia, and poisonous ninja Kagero. Though she can tank a hit from Hector (and kill him on counter if she has Glacies up).

Spoiler

Screenshot_20171014-175809.thumb.png.9a7920bfec0f3f2739b4d284dd800c17.png

Edited by Alternate Blue
Updated Alfonse and added Caeda.

On 10/13/2017 at 11:59 PM, Poimagic said:

I will one day join the ranks of this thread once I make a quadsuna build. Prepare for that day puny mortals.

Me too.

All of you will rue the day you only appreciated my precious Hinata for Fury fodder and sacrificed him without a single thought.

I will build him . . . and he will be MAGNIFICENT!

On 10/13/2017 at 5:59 PM, Poimagic said:

I will one day join the ranks of this thread once I make a quadsuna build. Prepare for that day puny mortals.

And then I will introduce you to -raven Boey.  Which I could do, if I somehow had 60,000 feathers.

4 hours ago, saisymbolic said:

Me too.

All of you will rue the day you only appreciated my precious Hinata for Fury fodder and sacrificed him without a single thought.

I will build him . . . and he will be MAGNIFICENT!

I have a +Atk/-Def one.  I will build him.  I have no idea how, but he will be built! :P:

This is the reason why Wrathful Staff is a 5* only skill:

Spoiler

FX2YJNG.jpg

If he gets any attack boosts, it will be via seal.  He needs the HP +5 because -Def hurts.

@tobuShogi

I really like Felicia as a unit.  She's definitely not great, but good ok you for finding an interesting way to build her.  I'd suggest staying away from Poison Dagger just because even a -Atk or -Spd Kagero will be better than Felicia, just because of Felicia's pitiful attack.

@Alternate Blue 

Im always shocked to see so many B!Ikes being sacrificed and this is no exception.  I've never even really seen anyone build Alfonse before, so good job!  I didn't even think of him when making this thread but he definitely counts.

@eclipse

Hahahaah rip my -Atk Genny

But seriously Lucius looks like a beast.  Good Atk, Res, and his Spd isn't too bad either.  If you get nab a Genny and give him wrathful staff you can just sit back and laugh while you slaughter everything with your beautiful (wo)man.