[Hard] Radiant Dawn Semi-Blind

Deltre

Okay, this has to be the funniest part of this playthrough. Such sweet, sweet salt.

As I said, this map had been improved immensely. This time around it's perfectly possible to deduce the locations of most of the traps based on where it would make sense for them to be placed. For example, if an enemy places a Light Rune then there is probably a pit next to it to prevent you from simply circling around it. Or if an enemy doesn't charge you, they are probably standing in front of a pit.

But that final pit behind the first catapult must be an act of trolling. There is no logic behind that one, it's just right there in the open.

Edited by BrightBow

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@BrightBow I was more asking because if it was absolutely needed, there would have still been time to go back and replay up to 3-11 without it being a huge pain. Don't get me wrong, I definitely appreciate the advice!

I'm glad that someone enjoyed my experience on 3-11 >_>

You're right though in that the pitfalls are pretty intuitive in hindsight. I didn't pick up on it during the map (too busy falling in holes, I guess), but every Light Rune forces you through a pitfall one way or another. I do think it's better designed, since it's not really random chance anymore, except for that one out in the middle of nowhere that you pointed out. If you pick up on that right away, you might be able to get away with some sneaky things using your fliers to block the pits.

@Interdimensional Observer I'll keep all that in mind when I get to the right battle then. 

My Ike has Wrath right now. I don't know exactly why he shouldn't have skills, but hopefully I don't need it for anything else before I go back to the Greil Mercenaries. 

Lol @ Valtome and Zelgius. He really had it coming, I'm glad that he got what he deserved.

@Icelerate I think I know the bit you're talking about (just beat 3-12 tonight), but I'll just say that I lost a lot respect I had for a certain character, and I think it'll be pretty hard for them to redeem themselves now. I won't really say more than that just yet, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Honestly this was one of the last maps I wanted to see in the game again haha. Thankfully there's plenty of awesome fliers available by this point, and Sigrun/Tanith join here as well. For good measure, they threw in NPC Tibarn as well, which I'm always down for. Sigrun reminds me a lot of Palla actually, in that she's pretty much set right off the bat, only with Sigrun probably wanting to promote immediately one way or another. Solid unit (if a bit unnecessary w/ Haar and Marcia), and I've always liked her design.

For the rest...well the video probably explains it better than I could here tbh

11 hours ago, Deltre said:

I think I know the bit you're talking about (just beat 3-12 tonight), but I'll just say that I lost a lot respect I had for a certain character, and I think it'll be pretty hard for them to redeem themselves now. I won't really say more than that just yet, but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

I think I know exactly what you're talking about which is unpleasant because I'm pretty sure I'm about to see vitriol thrown at my favourite character. Alas, it is what it is. It gets even more "interesting" later on.  

Edited by Icelerate

Oil and fire are "horrible tactics"? Well excuse me, Empress Sanaki. This is what we like to call a "brilliant scheme".

Backhanded Awakening bashing aside, the localisation screwed up a little in this part. In the flashback where Pelleas meets Lekain he demands that Pelleas helps him fighting the "subhuman army of the false apostle". This is of course nonsense. This scene takes place sometime before 3-6, which means that the Army of the Empress didn't even exist back then, so Lekain naturally would have requested help against the Laguz Alliance. Maybe the translation missed the fact that this scene was supposed to be a flashback and therefore didn't realize that the Laguz that Lekain was talking about had nothing to do with Sanaki.

And I think Pelleas actually did read the contract. Because in the extended script he does list the contents of it:

Pelleas: That document stated that the empire would grant a loan of a billion gold to Daein with no interest rate and an unspecified payback date. At the time, you said that although it was technically a loan, we could treat the gold as compensation for the occupation army’s misgivings and so did not have to pay it back

However, what definitely does make him an unbelievable imbecile of truly epic proportions is something that is rather easy to miss in our abridged script: He signed the contract with actual blood:

Lekain“In truth, this wonderful scrap of parchment is a blood pact. Once you sign the paper in blood, you can never break the terms of the pact!”

It might be just a rather subtle remark in our version but it's a lot more emphasized in the extended script. Lekain even specifically calls out Pelleas on the fact that a signature made in blood should have made it pretty damn obvious that there was something fishy:

Lekain: “Would an ordinary loan contract really require a signature in blood? Did you truly not suspect a thing?”

Pelleas: “But Izuka said it was a standard practice for this kind of contract…”

Lekain: “You are correct. It is a standard practice for establishing a “blood pact”.”

Edited by BrightBow

The whole "Senators serve the goddess thing" which makes them comparable in power to the Apostle goes back to the shift of Begnion from Kingdom to Empire.

According to this one page in the Tellius Recollections (I can't post the whole thing because it starts with some major spoilers so I'll just explain it myself), the Kingdom of Begnion, founded in -131, was intended to be place where Laguz and Beorc were equals. The monarchy was elective and not hereditary and open to anyone, with the intention of keeping the monarchy alternating between Laguz and Beorc. The first monarch, Queen Altina (not Empress- though the game mistakenly calls her that at times), a Beorc, was followed by King Soan, a Lion Laguz (who is mistakenly called the Second King of Gallia ingame- he was long dead by then).

However, Laguz at this time outnumbered Beorc, and their greater strength meant they were more often than not chosen as the monarch. This resulted in Beorc oppression by the Laguz. Then, Altina's granddaughter, Yoram (roughly -95), said she could hear Ashera's voice, and took the title "Apostle". The 3rd Apostle, Toremeni, founded the current religion of Begnion, where the Senate existed as the religious organization built around the Apostle. The Begnion Civil War thus began (an exact date of when it happened isn't given).

The core issue: Who is worthy of ruling Begnion?

The strongest? -Says the Laguz-based "Ruler Faction" which supported the current elective monarchy.

Or those blessed by the goddess Ashera? -Says the Beorc-based Senate with the Apostle its leader.

The Laguz lose this civil war. Why? Well Lethe says this in her B Support with Jill back in PoR:

Lethe: …Are you serious? I take it humans aren’t interested in passing history down to their children… …Typical. All right… Centuries ago, when Begnion was still a monarchy, the only countries were Begnion and Goldoa. Goldoa was as it is today: a reclusive nation inhabited only by dragon tribes. All the other laguz lived in Begnion with the humans.
Jill: Humans and sub-humans used to live together in Begnion?! I had no idea…
Lethe: A human was named as the first king, although the laguz’s superior strength led us to rule more often than not. Despite the harmony that most felt about this arrangement, the senators wanted nothing to do with it. In the name of the “apostle,” they claimed that only a human could be the true ruler of Begnion…and started a civil war. Like blind, mewling kittens, the laguz kings underestimated the situation… We never had a chance. Caught by surprise, my brothers suffered defeat after defeat in the face of superior human weapons and magic. …That was the start of long, dark days… The start of laguz slavery.

The end to the Begnion Civil War comes with Keogh, leader of the Hawks, executed after years of warfare. The Senate and Apostle emerge supreme over the Laguz. Begnion then becomes a Theocracy led by an Empress, who is also the Apostle, the first Empress is Yoram's granddaughter Meshua. At this time, the calendar now uses positive numbers, 1 being the founding year of the Theocracy/Empire. Some years later, the term Beorc is officially dropped and replaced with Human, and Laguz with Subhuman. 

For the Laguz- they could be forgiven for their transgressions, if they didn't mind enduring discrimination that culminated in enslavement. The Herons, being pacifists who stayed out of the war, were not subject to slavery. The Dragons led by King Dheginsea are also immune to slavery, declaring the independence of the Kingdom of Goldoa in year 3. However, it is suggested that Goldoa existed in all but official independence since the founding of the Kingdom of Begnion. You certainly can't see Dheginsea getting involved in the civil war. The reason for their isolation that those long dragon lifespans make their kind not well suited to living among other species, so Dheg intentionally brought his people to remote deserts far away where they'd never be bothered.

Lonnngggg story short- the Senate and the Apostle were once on the same page and the Senate helped bring the Apostle to power. That Sanaki has had issues with it isn't new, since Caradock and Hengist were Senators so powerful they could get a bunch of colleagues together and form Crimea and Daein respectively (and the former being pro-Laguz indicates not everyone in the Senate's history was a bigot). Chances are historically, the Senate and the Apostle have had their ups and downs and all the other tumult typical of politics in any age.

Wow you hate this map, and yeah pitfalls on a bridge aren't the best of ideas, and if it is to be an thing- the holes should just send the victim plummeting into the ocean below dead on impact. I agree it can be quite frustrating yeah, and the total blockage those Shine Barriers impose for several turns just pads out this map and makes it unnecessarily longer and more frustrating. Leanne's starting position ain't the best either. I don't think the idea of the map is bad, a bridge battle is cool, it's just the way they chose to make it more than a boring rectangle- those pitfalls- which really hurts it. Why not do something more with those sandbags instead? Just something other than pitfalls.

Two chapters after 3-13, you'll have to make a number of decisions at that chapter's beginning as I said before, here is my advice in advance of it. Don't read it until you reach that chapter/the moment of decision making though for the sake of spoilers.

Spoiler

For characterization, with minor gifts in a couple cases:

Leave Janaff and Ulki in the Hawk Army

Leave Volug in the Greil Army

Leave Tanith and Nealuchi in the Dawn Army

Calill being in the Hawk Army or not (or dead) affects a little something that offers no reward no matter what. The “best” outcome is leaving Calill with the Hawk Army, sending her elsewhere is fine, and offers a little unexpected factoid of sorts from another character. Killing her is the saddest and worst option.

For pure gameplay (just in case you don't want this):

Spoiler

Anyone who is in real need of EXP for the finale (if you want to bring them to it) should go to the Hawk Army (like Astrid). Anyone who is decently strong and not really lagging behind, but might want some EXP, should go to the Greil Army. The Dawn Army is the least suited for training units by far, so throw them a real powerful character or two to make getting through things easier (like Haar).

You'll have plenty of second rate characters on each team no matter what as well, you don't have to use them given you put a couple of juggernauts in each team, but they might be able to contribute a little towards clearing the maps quickly if they aren't the absolute worst and aren't proving to be a liability. 

Items in the Convoy can be accessed by any team, but not items on characters not on that particular team. So Elincia can't take a Physic directly from Micaiah, but if Micaiah leaves said Physic in the Convoy, then Elincia (or Soren) can grab it later. Makes zero sense from a reality perspective- but who cares?

Leave Heather in the Greil Army too. 

The Forge is Hawk Army only, but selling stuff, the Vendor and Armory are accessible to all three groups.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

At this point I don't think there is a reason from refraining the name of the person that you have to attack with Soren. It's Pelleas!

I'm surprised you still have the Kard. It's basically the Knife version of the Short Bow from the GBA games. Which means that it's inferior to a common Iron Dagger in every way but sells for a significant amount of money.

Btw, in case you are interested you can find Volug's support lines here:

https://serenesforest.net/radiant-dawn/scripts/supports/volug/

Unfortunately unlike other characters he uses the same lines for every character. But I'd say he makes them count.

Edited by BrightBow

@Icelerate Well, since I can pretty much say who the character is now, I'll say that Pelleas does a little better than I gave him credit for at first. I still think that some of his actions are ignorant at best, but I guess that's maybe the point. Either way, he gets some points back for choosing to quite literally give up his life if need be, which is FINALLY a leader-like decision, so I have to respect him a little bit for that.

And yeah, the enemy AI is quite good on 3-11. While messing around, I once had the Rescue guy rescue a weakened Bow Knight who then ran up on Sigrun to take a potshot. He missed, and I highly doubt it was one purpose, but still it was sketch. Though annoyingly, even if you direct Tibarn to stand on a pitfall he won't go there despite being immune to them.

@BrightBow I actually like Micaiah's decision to ignite the apostles army a whole lot, really. It's good development for her IMO, going from someone who didn't even really want to fight Jarod in Part 1 to an almost ruthless in a way military leader who will do anything to get the win. It's drastic, sure, but it just goes to show how far she's willing to go.

I just assumed that he unknowingly signed the pact in blood. Like, assuming he used a quill pen, the vial he used just happened to be blood and not ink, or something to that effect. The way it is in the extended script certainly makes me raise an eyebrow, but it's less ridiculous than assuming he never even read the agreement, so there's that at least. Tbh, I think a combination of both making it clear he read it, and being tricked into signing with blood would have been the least ridiculous outcome. It's not like he needed to do so willingly for the pact to work or anything.

Was it

Spoiler

Pelleas? Man, I hope it was Pelleas. Or Kurth. Either or. If it was Micaiah again, then RIP me.

Volug's supports are awesome, thank you so much for pointing that out because honestly I probably would have skipped them haha.

@Interdimensional Observer Hmm I see, so it basically is just as any other government then. We just happen to be playing out a time where Begnion is ruled by a group of horrible individuals. It's nice to see that the era before the Beorc ruled is fleshed out a little bit, since I know that on at least one occasion it's mentioned that Beorc and Laguz were reversed in terms of influence. 

I have mixed feelings about 3-11 honestly. On one hand, it's a lot easier in RD thanks to having an abundance of godly units compared to MM in PoR. On the other, I almost want to say that the gimmick worked better in FE9 since you were never cutoff completely with your grounded units. Once you hit the 3 pitfalls in the center of the bridge, that's it for anyone who isn't flying. If that happens, you have to rescue or wait for the Shine Barriers, which is a bit frustrating. I happened to hit the pitfalls with all the right units (yay?) so I didn't need to do that, but it could be aggravating on your first time for sure. 

3-12

The infamous Blood Pact, eh? Again, I think the video does a better job of explaining my initial feelings towards it than I could with words. I get into that about 13 minutes in or so, for anyone who is interested in that. I talk about it a little more at the end too, I believe. And the beginning of the next part too, haha. It's quite the confusing thing, that's for sure.

The map itself is pretty vanilla honestly. I can't really call it bad though, because it's so short. It never really has any time to overstay it's welcome, at least not the way I did things. Just FYI, I ended up replaying this one with Resolve!Jill, which makes the strategy of "throw good unit in the middle of everything" a lot safer. As in, 'enemies have 20% hit if they're lucky' reliable. Still, there was time for other units to play a little catch-up, but I think if you really wanted to and your Jill was good enough, you could do it in about 2 Turns. Pretty good from a story standpoint, but pretty average from a gameplay one.

Unlike

This map, which is great from a gameplay standpoint. This game knocks it out of the park with its defend maps, and this one is no exception. It doesn't even really have the problem that many of them do, in that killing Ike is no joke if you're not preparing your entire playthrough for this one moment. Casually dealing with Wrath!Ike who has A-Soren (who himself has a forged Thunder FML) is really not something that I feel most teams will be well equipped for. Of course, you can cheese it (I think) by giving him a lame weapon in 3-11 and no support, but where's the fun in that? Sleep helps, but my Laura was pretty weak, so I essentially had to wait for him to move before I had a chance to get in range with her. Not to mention cutting through the onslaught of Laguz between you and him. Man, those Tigers hit hard! There's something amazing about an Edward that takes 6 damage from cats though. Gods aside, I feel like there's something for everyone to do here, with a few exceptions. Shoot, even Leo was nice for his ability to 1 Shot Hawks at base and do some decent chip with his personal. Mechanics like ledges were used well, the music is great, and the Greil Mercenaries showing up on the last few turns was a nice touch. Probably my favorite map so far, honestly.

The story was engaging here too. The scene regarding Pelleas right at the start was very well handled in my opinion. Regardless of me still not being sold on the Blood Pact, there's no denying that the stakes are high and it creates for a very tense scene. I honestly like the outcome where you choose "Obey his command" more. It's a genuinely great section in the story.. The only downside is that for some reason this whole choice is locked behind a second playthrough, which is just silly. 

Kurth showing up at the end is of course just plain awesome. Kid knows how to make an entrance, I'll give him that. But now, there's representatives from every nation in Tellius wrapped up in this whole mess. That can't end well...

@Deltre

I thought you lost all your respect for Micaiah due to the oil and fire tactic but I do agree with you that it makes for an interesting moment for Micaiah. As for Pelleas signing the blood contract, it would be more believable if the contract was a huge scroll and Izuka told Pelleas that they'd each read half of it. This way it makes sense that Pelleas tried to understand the contents while Izuka can still misguide him in a more believable manner. I think if Heather could see the traps if you deploy her, this map would be much more fun to play on. Also, your units getting zero avoid after falling in a pitfall is dumb. I prefer the PoR version because there were less pits to fall into. 

Chapter 3-13 is not only my favourite Radiant Dawn map, but also my favourite map in all of Fire Emblem. The level design is fantastic with a good use of ledges. The feeling of dread when the Greil Mercenaries start making their way is something that you can't really feel in any other map in FE. Also there are some interesting conversations between different characters. 

I might just have to do another run of RD when I get the time. Your style is quite intriguing. And all those yellows, besides adding a sense of scale and grandiosity to the battle, do help out if your DBs haven't turned out so well, since they lack Nailah or the BK to be an emergency backup button anymore.

I do love 3-13 as well, it's fairly well designed and the plot atmosphere is right. The official name for the music that plays during this fight and Elincia's Gambit is "Bearer of Hope".

On the baleful Blood Pact, I calculated that in 100 days, 5050 people would die of it. In a year, it'd be 66795. We don't know how populous Daein is, but if we go by Early Medieval European/Dark Ages standards, it could be as low as half a million (in Britain) to 3.5 million (Spain and Portugal combined), or to go by pre-Black Death Medieval European standards (the peak of Medieval populations), it'd be as low as 2 million (Hungary) and up to 20 million (France). That's a lot of variability.

As for how the Blood Pact works, I don't think it activates itself, Lekain would do that when he thinks Daein is being disloyal. How would it know who to target? That is my serious issue with it. Nationality (not to be confused with ethnicity, which is biological) is not innate to people, it's a social construct, as are political borders. If it target the geographical area of Daein somehow, how could it tell the difference between a say Daeinian and Begionite? 

I like what the Blood Pact tries to do, which is forced Daein into being a puppet and Micaiah into being one who serves a puppet. She is almost a playable Camus in this regard, and its interesting to me. Its how it does it thats the issue.

On her use of oil, fire and rocks- well she can't win in an open battle at all b/c her forces are so much weaker than Ike's. So she used strategy to compensate for inferior numbers. Soren did a similar thing with the camp attack back in 3-3, so I find her justified unlike what some others say.

Pelleas is pathetic, but he's an okay bookish guy. He just really isn't suited, at all ,for kingship. His attempted sacrifice is tragic and also an attempt at redemption (which failing, is in a sense in line with his pathetic nature- he can't even sacrifice himself right). I kinda like the plot more when he dies, but I always spare him for a reason. The ability to save him though on second playthrough is more... fulfilling(?) if you actually did a first playthrough. Since you know death isn't the answer and knowing the tragedy already, you've tasted it and hence are fine with and really want something happier.

On the Warp Powder, I think the weakening effect played a role in the delay of kidnapping Leanne by the BK. He waits until Tibarn leaves Leanne's side because the BK probably doesn't want to fight the almighty Hawk King with his own strength dulled.

That Nico Base Conversation, the kid Micaiah Sacrifice healed back in 1-1, and who was also for some odd reason despite being from Nevassa a captive Fiona saved in Marado in 1-6-2, was also an international additIon. But the rest of the Base Convos you saw are in the Japanese original.

By the way, looking over the Extended Script for 3-12 and 3-13, here is everything I can find thats different (besides Bright Bow's Blood Pact details).

3-12:

Spoiler

[Note: With the exception of the 3rd and 4th lines, the remaining lines about dealing with the blood pact were all added in the English version] In other words, imagine it reduced to just the bolded and what came before it.

Sothe:
“Even if it’s true, Micaiah, that doesn’t mean you have to go to war again. We could leave Daein…”

Micaiah:
“But without me, who would hold our forces together? Leaving the army would be the same as abandoning the people of Daein. I won’t do it.”

Sothe:
“But…”

Pelleas:
“I’m sorry, everyone… I’m so sorry… I-I-I didn’t know…”

Tauroneo:
“King Pelleas… What then do you propose we do?”

Pelleas:
“Why, obey the empire, of course. We have no other choice in the matter. As long as I follow the senate’s orders, no one will die because of me.”

Sothe:
“No, I can’t accept that! We have finally wrested our country back from the occupation forces… I’d rather be dead than have to bend to the will of the empire. What are we, dogs?!”

Tauroneo:
“And now that Begnion is ordering Daein troops into battle, we are treated as disposable pawns. Many Daein citizens will die of this pact, whether we obey it or not.”

Pelleas:
“It would appear that I have been crowned king during the last days of Daein. Follow or fight…the result is the same. We will be destroyed.”

Micaiah:
“With all due respect, Your Majesty, we can’t give up!”

Pelleas:
“What?”

Micaiah:
“You heard me. The only way to really be doomed is to give up.”

Pelleas:
“Micaiah, there’s no way out of a blood pact. None! What do you suggest we do?”

Micaiah:
“Look for a way out. I know Duke Lekain says the pact can’t be broken, but of course he’d say that! King Pelleas, you have the resources of an entire country to draw on, and the best of reasons to do so. Check the royal library! Check the archives! Somewhere, I’m sure you’ll find…something. Just don’t give up.”

Pelleas:
“Micaiah, forgive me. I was so overwhelmed that I let myself give in to despair. But you’re absolutely right. We can’t give up just yet. We have people to save!”

Tauroneo:
“Unfortunately, we don’t have much time. Begnion will not put off triggering the blood pact until after we’ve found a way to break it.”

Micaiah:
“We can make time. If we take on the empress and the laguz forces, it’ll look as if we’re obeying the senate. In the meantime, you can research the pact.”

Pelleas:
“All right. I’ll start immediately. Just give me as much time as you can…”

Micaiah:
“Of course. We’ll do our best to hold them back…whatever it takes.”

And this line was taken from right after the scene shifts to the battlefield after's Sothe's opening remark:

Tauroneo:
“The apostle’s army is likely attempting to minimize casualties before they fight the real fight in Begnion. Thus, they would naturally head for the Great Wall of Ivelt that borders both Daein and Begnion. Everything is going as we predicted, but…”

And then there were these lines following the oil and fire attack:

Ike:
“Damn, what about the Holy Guards?”

Soren:
“Many of them, including the commander, are fine and well. However, despite the large number of survivors, the oil that Daein used has injured the Holy Guards’ pegasi and all but grounded them. The only thing we can be grateful for is that they didn’t succeed in firing those flaming arrows.”

3-13:

Spoiler

Note: The bolded is my pointing out of the Japanese extensions/seriously different wording here.

“That’s what I heard from Tormod. The empire has been thrown into chaos since General Zelgius freed Duke Persis. The two of them appeared on the streets and incited the peasants by asking, Who should you believe in? The senate, or the apostle?”

Pelleas:
“Duke Gaddos isn’t that kind… If the senate was destroyed, he would drag our country to the grave with him. Actually he would probably sacrifice our country just to find his own method of surviving.”

Pelleas:
“The information was in a book hidden away in a secret room. In that room were many treasures belonging to the previous kings of Daein. I think it is reliable.”

Pelleas:
“The blood pact breaks when the pact-maker is killed by a third party. That is exactly how it’s written. Ending one’s own life, a gift from the goddess, is the greatest taboo. Fortunately, it didn’t say to commit suicide… That makes me relax a little."

Ranulf:
“Ten thousand? They aren’t really going to try to fight us with only ten thousand men, are they?”

Skrimir:
“What are they thinking? It’d be suicide! Even if they matched our numbers, the difference in fighting ability is as clear as day. Laguz and Beorc fighting one on one… I don’t need to tell you who’s going to win.”

Sanaki:
“Daein should know about the rebellion in the empire by now. We should speak with them. They have nothing to gain by siding with the senate. Why continue the fighting?”

Ike:
“It’s not just Daein’s army either… Our real battle takes place once we enter Begnion soil. We need to respond to the rebellion and conquer the capital in one swift move. We can’t afford to lose any more troops or time here, either. We should be at the senate’s doorstep by now.”

The next lines and CG were cut from the international version entirely, not just little snippets like the above, an entire dialogue:

Micaiah:
“How strange. It sure is quiet right now…”

Sothe:
“Micaiah…”

Micaiah:
“Yune, come over here.”

(Yune flies to Micaiah’s shoulder)

(If Pelleas died)

Micaiah:
“Daein is going to fall… It will disappear under the heavy weight of another country… That is how this country ends.”

(Image of Micaiah’s arm, revealing the blood pact mark)

fe10-micaiahs-blood-pact-mark.png

Micaiah:
“Yet, even so… it’s better than the blood pact snatching lives slowly one by one. Battle after battle… ’til we’re outside death’s doorstep, we’ve been able to experience life’s sensation… Although we ought to apologise for dragging the Apostle’s Army with us.”

(If Pelleas is alive)

Micaiah:
“Daein is going to fall… It will disappear under the heavy weight of another country… That is how this country ends. Yet, even so… I’d rather this than have to sacrifice King Pelleas and it’s better than the blood pact snatching lives slowly one by one. Battle after battle… ’til we’re outside death’s doorstep, we’ve been able to experience life’s sensation… Although we ought to apologise for dragging the Apostle’s Army with us.”

Sothe:
“In the end… It’s their fault for allowing the senate to do as they pleased. As we clashed blades, it was nice to think this war was their punishment.”

Micaiah:
“Sothe, you…”

Micaiah:
“Yune, you may go.”

(Yune flies away)

Micaiah:
“Thank you… for accompanying me up to now.”

Sothe:
“What’s it doing? It just left without looking back. In the past, when you tried to make it go away it would always return to your side.”

Micaiah:
“It’s a clever child… It knows what I meant.”

Sothe:
“But, isn’t that just a little heartless?”

Micaiah:
“I have Sothe, that’s already enough…”

Sothe:
“…Yeah. It is enough.”

Micaiah:
“Then… Let us depart.”

More on the Laguz Alliance side (the Elincia does not directly flow from the Ranulf, I just felt like leaving out the irrelevant):

Ike:
“Y-your face is pale…”

Ranulf:
“I know, I… I’m kind of surprised I’m still holding together. The situation is terrible right now. But, I’ve always been different to the others… The other Laguz are probably on the verge of losing control.”

Ike:
“Elincia… We’ve almost exhausted the 5000 soldiers we borrowed from Crimea… I’m sorry.”

Elincia:
“Empress Sanaki just apologised to me before… I heard the soldiers’ bodies have already been buried by the bishops. So the only thing I can do… is to bring their spirits back home… and tell their families everything.”

Ike:
“…”

Elincia:
“Lord Ike… Please lift your spirits. This is war… I already anticipated this.”

Ike:
“Elincia…”

Elincia:
“I am the Queen. If I don’t stay strong, then…”

Ike:
“…It seems Crimea has itself a strong ruler.”

Elincia:
“…Is that so?”

And you know what else you need? Boss Conversations! Have a boatload of even more text!

Here is 3-6:

Spoiler

Chapter 6

Jill talks to Lethe

Jill: Lethe!
Lethe: Jill?! What are you doing here? I thought you left the knighthood and went home to Talrega!
Jill: I joined the Liberation Army to free Daein from the claws of the empire. This time, I stayed with the army.
Lethe: What?! Daein launched this ambush?!
Jill: Yes, at Begnion’s request. For some reason, King Pelleas complied. It is a direct order from my king… I have no choice but to fight.
Lethe: I see… Very well, then.
Jill: You won’t reproach me?
Lethe: For what? Beorc in the military cannot disobey orders from their kings, correct? You have your reasons. I don’t need to know them. We are friends. No war can change that.
Jill: Lethe…
Lethe: Let’s begin, Jill! We both know what we’re capable of. Prepare to lose.
Jill: All right. For the glory of our nations!

Zihark talks to Lethe

Zihark: Hold up, Lethe! I have to talk to you!
Lethe: We’re enemies. What’s there to talk about?
Zihark: You won’t surrender?
Lethe: I am a soldier. I will fight to my death.
Zihark: …I knew you’d say that. Then I’m coming with you. I’m at your service, Lethe. Just like old times, yeah?
Lethe: What? But why?
Zihark: The Daein soldiers call this war “the sub-human hunt.”
You know I hate that word. Daein will change… At least that’s what I believed. But now… I can’t just stand by. This war is the last straw. I can’t fight for Daein anymore.
Lethe: …You may not have claws, but I think your soul is more laguz than beorc. Welcome to our tribe, Zihark.

(Zihark joins the enemy)

Micaiah vs Lethe

Lethe: Stand aside, girl! Get out of my way!
Micaiah: Why? This is suicide.
Lethe: Frightened now, beorc? We do not run with our tails between our legs! Get out of my way! You will not survive me, little girl!
Micaiah: Never! We won’t stand aside. We are fighting for the future of our country. I can’t let you escape.

Sothe vs Lethe

Lethe: You!
Sothe: Wait… Lethe, is that you?
Lethe: Sothe, right? You’ve grown to become a strong soldier.
Sothe: Please surrender, Lethe. You know the situation is hopeless. Continuing this will only mean that more of your soldiers will die.
Lethe: We will not surrender. This alliance stands for something more important than our lives!
Sothe: What are you talking about? Death is final, Lethe. Nothing matters if you’re dead.
Lethe: Silence! We’ll never be the slaves of beorc ever again!

Jill vs Lethe

Lethe: How unfortunate. I remember when we first met, we were enemies.
Jill: Yes. And then we became allies. And after that, friends. But now…
Lethe: Let us keep emotions out of this. This is war. We will fight.
Jill: My goddess… You can be so cruel…

Zihark vs Lethe

Zihark: Lethe?
Lethe: Zihark…! So, you also side with the enemy?
Zihark: Lethe, please surrender. Our commander doesn’t want any more killing.
Lethe: Surrender? Even you could not convince me to surrender. You know that, Zihark.
Zihark: Lethe, please!
Lethe: Enough! We are enemies. The only thing left for us is this fight!
Zihark: How did it come to this…

(Lethe attacks, but Zihark doesn’t)

Others

vs Lethe

Lethe: Daein scum! Try and stop us!

Lethe defeated

Lethe: Grr… Their defenses are strong. We can’t push through them. But we can’t pull back! Retreat is not an option! I’ll give my life to uphold the honor of the beast tribe!

(Lethe retreats)

Zihark talks to Mordecai

Zihark: Mordecai… I never expected us to meet like this, on opposite sides…
Mordecai: Ah! Zee…eehark! Hm… No, that not it. Sorry. Mordecai says your name not right. Not right yet.
Zihark: But…
Mordecai: Zeehork? Zeehar-ack? Zi…hark? Ahh! That is good! Zi-hark!
Zihark: Mordecai… Don’t you understand? We’re now–
Mordecai: I know. Mordecai is your friend. Allies we are. It does not matter who we fight for.
Zihark: But–
Mordecai: You have no fang or tail, but you are a beast brother, Zee-hark! Hmm… No. Mordecai forgets again. Sorry.
Zihark: Hey, don’t worry about it. I’ve got it! I’ll go with you. That way, you’ll get my name right in no time.
Mordecai: Ah! Good idea! Mordecai likes this idea.

(Zihark joins the enemy)

Sothe vs Mordecai

Mordecai: Ahh! You! I remember you! Sothe! You’re so big now!
Sothe: Mordecai… I have to fight you. Please fight back.
Mordecai: What?! Mordecai does not wish to…

Jill vs Mordecai

Mordecai: Ahh! Jill! It’s been a long time! What? What’s wrong? Why are you sad?
Jill: I’m sorry, Mordecai. I won’t take your life, but I must take you out of this battle. Forgive me.
Mordecai: What? Why? Mordecai does not understand this…

Zihark vs Mordecai

Mordecai: Ah! Zee… Eehark! Hm… Sorry, Mordecai not say your name right. Not yet.
Zihark: What am I doing here? This isn’t right. Tell me this is all a bad dream…
Mordecai: Oh, it’s good to see… Zee-haark? Why are you sad?
Zihark: Mordecai… I’m so sorry…

(Mordecai attacks, but Zihark doesn’t)

Mordecai defeated

Mordecai: Sorry Lethe… I am hurt… I must go back and rest.

Just a bunch but not all from 3-7 (since you already triggered a bunch):

Spoiler

Reyson talks to Micaiah

Reyson: Micaiah, the Maiden of Dawn … Is that what they call you?
Micaiah: Who are you? Your wings look just like Rafiel’s
Reyson: I am Reyson. My brother told me about you. This is why I’m here. Please pull back your troops. Our enemy is not Daein. This is not your fight. Am I not correct?
Micaiah: I know how you feel… Though I owe a debt to Rafiel, I cannot do what you ask. It’s not that I don’t want to! I think this whole war is madness! But I must keep fighting.
Reyson: Why is that?
Micaiah: This fight is my king’s will. I cannot stop fighting just because I don’t agree with him. If we don’t pull together under our new king, Daein will fall apart again, just as it did before its liberation. I believe in King Pelleas. I believe that our king will lead the people of Daein to happiness
Reyson: …I see. I understand your position. Please accept my apology for asking the impossible
Micaiah: What? What do you mean?
Reyson: You are fighting to protect your beliefs. I understand that now. But remember that we also cannot, and will not, pull back. We both carry a heavy burden. that’s why we’re here.
Micaiah: Yes…

Ilyana approaches Micaiah

Ilyana: Oh…
Micaiah: Ilyana! I remember now… You said that you were a member of the Greil Mercenaries in Ashnard’s War.
Ilyana: Yes.
Micaiah: I’m sorry.
Ilyana: Let’s not do this. Please?
Micaiah: What?
Ilyana: Let’s not fight.
Micaiah: If that means letting the Laguz Alliance get by us, I cannot agree to it.
Ilyana: I see… That’s too bad.
Micaiah: How is everyone in the caravan?
Ilyana: They’re fine.
Micaiah: I’m glad to hear that.
Ilyana: Maybe… we should fight.
Micaiah: What?
Ilyana: We’re enemies now. We can’t stand here and try to have a normal conversation. It’s too strange…
Micaiah: Ilyana…
Ilyana: It’ll be all right. I’m really strong against your spells, and my magic is not powerful enough to defeat you. We’ll be fine.
Micaiah: But if we’re equally matched, why should we fight at all? It sounds… wrong.
Ilyana: Of course it’s wrong! The fact that we’re fighting is all wrong! We don’t even dislike each other!
Micaiah: …
Ilyana: Let’s just fight and pretend like this conversation never took place.

Jill approaches Micaiah

Jill: Lady Micaiah!
Micaiah: Jill…
Jill: Lady Micaiah… I cannot continue to fight for Daein. It’s all gone wrong. I’m here to tell you that… This is good-bye. I must part ways with you.
Micaiah: I… see.
Jill: I am joining the Laguz Alliance. But it’s not because I want to fight the Daein army.
Micaiah: Jill, I don’t understand…
Jill: Please retreat! There is no reason for Daein to get involved in this war. You know that better than anyone, Lady Micaiah! This is madness!
Micaiah: I can’t do that.
Jill: …Very well. I will not give up hope. I’ll stand before you as many times as it takes. I will get you to leave this fight.
Micaiah: Jill…

Zihark approaches Micaiah

Micaiah: Zihark…
Zihark: As you can see, I’m with the Laguz Alliance now. I can’t lie to myself anymore, Micaiah. I’m sorry.
Micaiah: I see…
Zihark: Tell me, Micaiah. Why did Daein become an enemy of the laguz? Daein has a new king now. Why can’t it escape the grip of Begnion?!
Micaiah: I don’t know, Zihark. I wish I did. I’m sorry…
Zihark: No, I’m the one who should be sorry. I know this isn’t your fault. It’s just that… now I wonder if the time I’ve spent fighting to liberate Daein was well spent. It makes me sad.
Micaiah: Will you cut me down?
Zihark: That depends on you, Micaiah. Will you try to kill me?
Micaiah: You are an enemy of Daein now. But… I… How could I? How could I possibly kill you?
Zihark: I feel the same way. I couldn’t possibly hurt you. However, fighting laguz is something I will not do for anyone. Where do we go from here?
Micaiah: I… I don’t know…

Ike vs Micaiah

Micaiah: You’re…
Ike: Hello.
Micaiah: You must be Ike, of the Greil Mercenaries.
Ike: And you’re the Maiden of Dawn, Micaiah?
Micaiah: I feel like I know you already. Maybe it’s because Sothe has told me so much about you.
Ike: I hate to do this to Sothe, but if you stand before me as my enemy, you’ll get no mercy from me.
Micaiah: … Good. I prefer it that way. Prepare yourself!

Ilyana vs Sothe

Ilyana: Hello, Sothe…
Sothe: If you’re here with the Greil Mercenaries, does that mean the caravan is with you, too?
Ilyana: Yes. Everyone is back together. Why don’t you join us? You should bring Micaiah, of course. Everyone is worried about you two…
Sothe: I’m sorry, I can’t…
Ilyana: I see… I’m sorry, Sothe.

Jill vs Sothe

Sothe: Jill! What are you doing?!
Jill: I’m sorry. I just don’t believe that Daein is in the right this time. Retreat now, Sothe. Daein has no business getting involved in this war.
Sothe: I can’t do that. Micaiah has made up her mind, and I’ll follow her no matter what. Even if I have to fight you.
Jill: Then I’ll be forced to stop you! Prepare yourself, Sothe!

Zihark vs Sothe

Sothe: I understand. I thought that fighting against the laguz would set you off.
Zihark: I won’t make any excuses. I’m finished with the new Daein.
Sothe: You chose principles over country and comrades. I can’t blame you for that.
Zihark: But these people are my comrades! Look around you, Sothe! These people aren’t your enemies, they’re your friends!
Sothe: Let’s get on with this. I’m with Daein. You’re with the Laguz Alliance. There’s only one thing to do when enemies meet.
Zihark: I won’t go easy on you. I respect you too much for that!

Path of Radiance character

vs Sothe

Sothe: You should run. I’m not the weak child you remember.

Lethe talks to Zihark

Lethe: Zihark!
Zihark: Lethe…
Lethe: You defeated me last time, but this time it’ll be different. Prepare yourself!
Zihark: You won’t surrender?
Lethe: I am a soldier. I will fight to my death.
Zihark: … I knew you’d say that. Then I’m coming with you. I’m at your service, Lethe. Just like old times, yeah?
Lethe: What?! Why?
Zihark: The Daein soldiers call this war “the sub-human hunt.” You know I hate that word. I believed that Daein would change. Or at least I used to. But now… I just can’t stand by. This war is the last straw. I can’t fight for Daein anymore.
Lethe: … You may not have claws, but I think your soul is more laguz than beorc. Welcome to our tribe, Zihark.

(Zihark joins)

Mordecai talks to Zihark

Mordecai: You, I know…
Zihark: Mordecai… I never expected us to meet like this, on opposite sides…
Mordecai: Ah! Zee… eehark! Hm… No, that not it. Sorry, Mordecai says your name not right. Not right yet.
Zihark: But…
Mordecai: Zeehork? Zeeehar-ack? Zi…hark? Ahh! That is good! Zi-hark!
Zihark: Mordecai… Don’t you understand? We’re now–
Mordecai: I know. Mordecai is your friend. Allies we are. It does not matter who we fight for.
Zihark: But–
Mordecai: You have no fang or tail, but you are a beast brother, Zee-hark! Hmm… No. Mordecai forgets again. Sorry.
Zihark: Hey, don’t worry about it. I’ve got it! I’ll go with you. That way, you’ll get my name right in no time.
Mordecai: Ah! Good idea! Mordecai likes this idea.

(Zihark joins)

Ilyana talks to Zihark (with bond support)

Ilyana: Sir Zihark. It’s not too late. Let’s not fight.
Zihark: I can’t do that… Daein has just freed itself. I can’t betray it now.
Ilyana: Even if you have been ordered by Daein to hunt down laguz?
Zihark: I-I just…
Ilyana: But this isn’t you! When I met you, you were so nice, and you never doubted yourself or your friends. You even risked your own life to fight on behalf of the laguz. And now you’re throwing it all away…
Zihark: … Ilyana.
Ilyana: Yes?
Zihark: Thank you. You’ve opened my eyes.
Ilyana: Pardon?
Zihark: I will leave the Daein army. My friends in Daein are dear to me, but I refuse to take part in any “hunt,” or lie to myself any longer.
Ilyana: Oh, Zihark, I’m so glad…

(Zihark joins)

Brom talks to Zihark (with bond support)

Brom: Huh? Well, hey there, Zihark! Long time no see!
Zihark Brom…
Brom: Ah, it sure is great to see ya! You’re looking mighty fine. Seem a bit sad, though.
Zihark: Oh, I’m all right, Brom. How’s the family?
Brom: Oh, they’re doin’ great. We had ourselves some troubles, but Queen Elincia took care of it. Ah, speakin’ of my family! About your engagement to one of my daughters… Have you given it any extra thought? All my daughters are eager to marry. Just say the word, now!
Zihark: What? All of your daughters? You told all of your daughters about me?
Brom: Ah, they’re all such dears! I can’t favor one over the others, can I? So, what do you say? My second daughter is startin’ to look a lot like me! Nice, soft cheeks.
Zihark: Um, well, I thought I was pretty clear on this the last time we went over it…
Brom: She left for Daein to see you. Have you run into her yet? Her name’s Meg. Nice girl. She looks a lot like me.
Zihark: You haven’t changed at all, Brom. You’re still the same good man that I remember from three years ago. I’m really glad I ran into you, Brom. Now I remember what I was fighting for back then. And now I know what I have to do.
Brom: Hm? What’re you goin’ on about, son?
Zihark: I’m leaving the Daein army. My friends in Daein are dear to me, but I refuse to turn my sword against the laguz any longer.

(Zihark joins)

Ike vs Zihark

Zihark: Ike…
Ike: It’s been a while, Zihark. So, you’re with Daein?
Zihark: Yep. This is weird, Ike. I never thought we’d meet again as enemies.
Ike: It’s the nature of being a mercenary. No hard feelings, Zihark. Any chance you could convince the Daein army to retreat?
Zihark: I wish. It’s too complicated right now. Too many politicians playing around.
Ike: I see… I’m not much for politics. All I do is live by my principles, my sword, and my friends. What can I say? I won’t change who I am, even if it means fighting you.
Zihark: That’s fine by me. You’re still the man I knew from the Mad King’s War. It’s about time I also threw away my doubts…

Ilyana vs Zihark

Ilyana: Hello, Sir Zihark.
Zihark: Ilyana… You’re on their side, too?
Ilyana: And you stand with the enemy…
Zihark: I don’t know why, but it feels like you’ve been in my life longer than the others. I couldn’t handle it if you got hurt. Ilyana, please pull back before something awful happens. I beg of you.
Ilyana: Oh, Zihark…

(Ilyana attacks, but Zihark doesn’t)

Lyre or Kyza vs Zihark

Zihark: What am I doing? Why am I helping these bigots in their hunt for laguz?

Ranulf, Ulki or Janaff vs Zihark

Zihark: I use my sword for Daein… But am I really fighting for Daein here? What am I doing…

(Ranulf attacks, but Zihark doesn’t)

Path of Radiance character vs Zihark

Zihark: I’m sorry. I didn’t want us to meet again like this. Forgive me.

Haar talks to Jill

Jill: Sir Haar! Why are you fighting for these people?!
Haar: Hey, you stole my question! Why are you fighting in the Daein army?
Jill: There was a war to liberate Daein while you were gone. So I joined the army again.
Haar: Well, it looks like you did a good job. Daein has been liberated. So why are you still with the army?
Jill: I can’t just leave! These people are my friends!
Haar: Oh, stop with the sentimental nonsense, Jill. In case you haven’t noticed, you’re fighting your friends, too.
Jill: What about you, then? How did you end up in this fight?
Haar: Well… Somehow, I got mixed up in putting down uprisings in Crimea. And then I ended up with the Laguz Alliance because… you know, being old friends with Ike and all that.
Jill: What?! That is hardly a cause worth fighting for!! You’re unbelievable!
Haar: All right, enough debating. What do you want to do now? Do you want to fight me?
Jill: Of course not! I could never…
Haar: Then join me.
Jill: Easy for you to say!
Haar: You’re full of doubt. How do you live like that all the time? Is that how your father wanted you to live? Afraid to trust your own instincts?
Jill: But…
Haar: Daein has no business in this war. You know that, right?
Jill: But… what about my comrades? What about my friends?
Haar: Is dying how you show loyalty? If you’re really their friend, then fight alongside us! Maybe that will get them to think about what they’re doing.
Jill: Oh, Captain…
Haar: Come with me, Jill. We both know that we should follow our hearts, even if it makes us traitors. We know that better than anyone. For the sake of your father, live your life without shame.
Jill: Y-you’re right, Captain Haar! I’ve been so foolish. Just as before. I would be proud to serve with you. And… Captain Haar? Thank you. Thank you so much.

(Jill joins)

Mist talks to Jill (with bond support)

Mist: Jill! I can’t believe it! It is you!
Jill: Oh, Mist…
Mist: I’m so glad to see you!
Jill: Wh-what?
Mist: Well, I was wondering about what to do if I saw you here with the Daein army. I had it all worked out, you see? And, well, here you are! It’s great!
Jill: Mist. We’re enemies now.
Mist: No, you have to listen, Jill. Let’s not fight. There’s a really easy solution to this whole mess!
Jill: But… what?
Mist: Just listen! It’s so simple! Since Daein shouldn’t be in this war, they shouldn’t be here right now, right? And you and I are friends, right? So we can each pretend that the other one of us isn’t here! Isn’t that great?
Jill: Mist, that makes absolutely no sense. Besides, that’s no the issue here! You’re a mercenary. You know how th–
Mist: We’re not fighting. That’s final.
Jill: Mist?!
Mist: Jill, you’d never turn your weapon against me. I just know it. I trust you, because you’re my friend.
Jill: Oh, Mist… All right, that’s it. I’ve had enough of this.
Mist: Jill?
Jill: You made my last doubts fade away. I’ve made my decision. I’m not fighting in the Daein army anymore. I’m joining back up with you.
Mist: Jill! I knew you’d come around!
Jill: I feel bad for my comrades in Daein, but I’m going to stand by what I believe. I will not be ashamed anymore.
Mist: That’s the Jill I know and love!
Jill: Thank you, Mist!

(Jill joins)

Ike vs Jill

Ike: Jill? You’re back with the Daein army?
Jill: I know I owe you all so much… And Mist would grieve if you fell. But I cannot retreat. I must stand my ground!
Ike: Fine. Do what you have to do. Since neither side can retreat, we will fight. And Jill… I’m sorry it came to all this.
Jill:  …I am too, Commander Ike. Are you ready?

Ilyana vs Jill

Jill: Ilyana? You’re with the Laguz Alliance? No, I mean the Greil Mercenaries?
Ilyana: Yes. Muston and the others are with me, too.
Jill: I see… We fought together in Ashnard’s War, and in the war to liberate Daein. We didn’t spend much time together, but you were a trustworthy comrade.
Ilyana: Thank you… I wonder why we’re here. Why is Daein attacking us?
Jill: I don’t know. The occupation soldiers left Daein. But Daein still cannot refuse a request from Begnion. Liberation was only a dream.
Ilyana: Yet you continue to stay with the Daein army? Why do you do that to yourself?
Jill: Because I can’t abandon my comrades.

(Ilyana attacks, but Jill doesn’t)

Lethe vs Jill

Lethe: Jill! We’re crossing the river this time!
Jill: I’m sorry, Lethe. I have to fight. I will do anything for my country…

Path of Radiance character vs Jill

Jill: My friends… It grieves me to meet again under these circumstances.

Others vs Jill

Jill: Resistance is useless! Surrender now! The Daein army will never let you through!

Jill defeated

Jill: They’re so strong… Even stronger than three years ago. Lady Micaiah, I apologize. I must head back for now.

(Jill retreats)

Black Knight defeated by Ike

Black Knight: Impressive. You have indeed begun to walk in Gawain’s footsteps.
Ike: Do you admit defeat, then?
Black Knight: No, but I have finished taking your measure. You have made great progress, but still fall short.
Ike: The next time we meet, it will be for the last time. I will avenge my father!
Black Knight: Continue to train, Ike, son of Gawain. We will meet again.

(Black Knight retreats)

Black Knight defeated by others

Black Knight: Impossible… I’ve been defeated?
Micaiah: Sir Knight!
Black Knight: Do not be alarmed, my maiden. I won’t die so easily…
Micaiah: I’ll heal you right now.
Black Knight: That won’t be necessary, though I am afraid I must retreat. I apologize, my maiden. I will pay back the debt another time.

(Black Knight retreats)
Micaiah: …Please be safe.

Brom talks to Meg

Brom: Meg? Is it you, sweetie?
Meg: Daddy… Daddy!
Brom: There, there. Don’t cry, darlin’. I’m just glad you’re safe! What a mess we’re in, huh? But, that’s war, I reckon. In any case… There’s no way I could ever fight my own daughter. You run along now.

Zihark talks to Meg

Zihark: Meg.
Meg: Sir Zihark? Wh-what’s wrong? What’s going on?
Zihark: I’m sorry, but I’m joining up with the alliance. I don’t want to betray you, but I can’t fight for Daein any longer.
Meg: No! Wh-what are you saying?
Zihark: I know this is a horrible thing for me to say, but listen. Please leave the battlefield. I don’t want to see you get hurt.
Meg: Sir Zihark! But… you can’t leave me here alone!
Zihark: I wanted to tell you that. I have to go. I’m so sorry, Meg…
Meg: Sir… Zihark…

3-12:

Spoiler

Micaiah vs Sigrun

Sigrun: You are Daein’s Maiden of Dawn? Your reputation is known across the face of Tellius. They say you are the savior who rescued the people of Daein from the empire’s oppression. I see now that their stories were false. Daein remains a simple puppet.
Micaiah: I am not here to talk, I am here to fight. This is Daein’s only chance of survival.

Sothe vs Sigrun

Sothe: I knew I’d run into you. You never leave the apostle’s side.
Sigrun: You… You used to travel with the Greil Mercenaries.
Sothe: Used to. Not anymore. I’m a member of the Daein army now.
Sigrun: Does Sir Ike know about this?
Sothe: It doesn’t matter. I’m my own person.
Sigrun: You’re right, it doesn’t matter. If you are after the apostle, you are my enemy. Prepare to meet the goddess.

Jill vs Sigrun

Sigrun: If I may ask… Are you not Lord Fizzart’s daughter?
Jill: How did you know?
Sigrun: I am Sigrun of the Holy Guards. Have you not heard my name from Haar?
Jill: Yes, I remember… You were the one who negotiated to let my father’s men and their families stay in Begnion.
Sigrun: That’s right.
Jill: …I’m so sorry. I’m sorry we have to meet under these circumstances.
Sigrun: Lady Jill… It’s not too late. Would you please withdraw?
Jill: No… I can’t. I know that this mission is terrible. Even so, I cannot abandon my comrades or my country.
Sigrun: I see… Very well. I shall remember your conviction when the battle is done.

Zihark vs Sigrun

Sigrun: I remember you… You used to travel with the Greil Mercenaries. Why are you fighting us?
Zihark: I couldn’t abandon the people of my homeland.
Sigrun: I see… You are from Daein. Then there is no way for us to avoid this confrontation?
Zihark: I’m afraid not. Just like you want to protect your own country, I want to protect mine.
Sigrun: … I am sorry to hear that.

Others vs Sigrun

Sigrun: Fear is our greatest enemy! Defend the apostle with your lives!

Sigrun defeated

Sigrun: Nnngh… I must not… falter…
Sanaki: Sigrun! Pull back! Get out of here right now!
Sigrun: No, Apostle Sanaki. I shall fight until my last breath! I won’t leave your side until… you are safe.
Sanaki: Sigrun!

(Sigrun retreats)

Micaiah vs Kieran

Kieran: I am Kieran of the Crimean Royal Knights! Prepare yourselves, evildoers of Daein!
Micaiah: I don’t care what you say. This is our only choice! We can’t stop fighting!

Sothe vs Kieran

Kieran: You! You used to travel with the Greil Mercenaries!
Sothe: Wait, I know you… Crimea’s Royal Knights, Fifth Platoon leader…
Kieran: I am the second commander of the Royal Knights now!
Sothe: Ah, you did well for yourself. Are you still travelling with Oscar?
Kieran: Yes, he’s my archrival!
Sothe: Um, what’s your name again?
Kieran: It’s Kieran! How dare you forget my name!
Sothe: Oh, right, now I’ve got it. I hated the way you’d announce your name in the middle of the battlefield. That was annoying.
Kieran: And now you insult me! Even though we know each other, I will not go easy on you! You are my enemy now! This is your last chance to run. I’ll give you to the count of three! One… Two… Three…
Sothe: Hey now, don’t get mad. Other than the announcing thing, you were all right. But I have to fight. Prepare yourself!

Jill vs Kieran

Kieran: Dracoknight Jill! Why did you return to the Daein army?!
Jill: I…
Kieran: Last time we fought together, you betrayed your heartless homeland to fight on Crimea’s side! You used to know how to tell right from wrong! What happened?
Jill: Sir Kieran…
Kieran: Why do you look so sad? It isn’t like you! Come, join us in righteousness!
Jill: I truly envy you. You fight with pride and loyalty in your heart. I wish I could do the same, these days…

Zihark vs Kieran

Kieran: Zihark! What are you doing in the Daein army?!
Zihark: I couldn’t abandon the people of my homeland.
Kieran: You are originally from Daein?
Zihark: That’s right. I want to protect my country, just like you want to protect yours. That’s why I fight for the Daein army.
Kieran: I am sorry to hear that… I will not go easy on you just because we know each other.
Zihark: Thanks, Kieran. I prefer it that way.

Others vs Kieran

Kieran: Lying in wait for your enemies! What a dirty trick!

Kieran defeated

Kieran: Ugh… Aargh! We will pull back temporarily! I’m not fool enough to let my men die meaninglessly!

(Kieran retreats)

Sothe vs Tanith

Tanith: Sothe. How you’ve grown. I didn’t recognize you at first.
Sothe: … You haven’t changed much.
Tanith: I don’t understand why you are with the Daein army, but it doesn’t matter. All I need to know is that you stand before me. Are you my enemy, then? Or is this some kind of mistake?
Sothe: It’s no mistake. I’m your enemy. And I’m prepared to fight.
Tanith: Then this conversation is useless. Have at you!

Jill vs Tanith

Tanith: Jill! Why does Daein continue to fight us? Does the Maiden of Dawn hunger for blood? Or is she a warmongering fool who doesn’t listen to reason?
Jill: She is none of those things! Lady Micaiah fights for the people of Daein!
Tanith: For the people, you say? Look around you, naive girl! Is all this death for the people?!
Jill: I-I can’t explain! We don’t have any choice in the matter!
Tanith: Fools! You merely assume that you have no choice!

Zihark vs Tanith

Tanith: You used to fight alongside the Greil Mercenaries! You now fight for Daein? But General Ike is on our si–
Zihark: Yes, I’m aware of that. Even so, I can’t pull out of this fight.
Tanith: Then you are the apostle’s enemy! Prepare to die.

Others vs Tanith

Tanith: Come to me, you dogs. Whatever might you think you possess pales to that of the Holy Guard.

Tanith defeated

Tanith: Ugh! I must… protect the apostle! I am a Holy Guard! It is my duty…
Sanaki: Tanith! Stop fighting! You must not throw your life away!
Tanith: I cannot fight any longer… but I can become your shield. I will not let the enemy harm you. Not even a scratch.
Sanaki: Tanith…

And 3-13:

Spoiler

Chapter 13

Micaiah vs Ike

Ike: Micaiah, we have to talk. This is insane.
Micaiah: What’s insane about a people fighting for their country?
Ike: There’s got to be something we can do! Let us help, please!
Micaiah: Why would you want to help us, after everything we’ve done? No, after everything I’ve done…
Ike: We know you don’t want this fight. Isn’t there any way for us to avoid it?
Micaiah: …No. No, I’m afraid there isn’t.
Ike: Just talk to me! We can find a way!
Micaiah: You don’t understand. We can’t stop. I’m sorry, but I can’t explain it more clearly than that.
Ike: Micaiah, I don’t want you to die. I don’t want all of your soldiers to die. You have to let me help you.
Micaiah: Ike… Now I see it. Now it makes sense.
Ike: What makes sense?
Micaiah: Sothe always spoke so highly of you. Now I know the reason. You truly are a good person. It’s a shame…
Ike: Why is that a shame?
Micaiah: Because it makes what I have to do even harder. Please prepare yourself. Let’s put an end to this.
Ike: As you wish. Good-bye, Micaiah.
Micaiah: (The light of life! Shine a ray upon my path and) …strike my enemy! [The parenthetical is in the Ancient Language]

Sothe vs Ike

Sothe:  Commander Ike…
Ike: Are you prepared this time, Sothe? Are you really sure about this?
Sothe: Yes. Our battle has no justice. There is no victory in this war. Only pointless killing. But this is the path I’ve chosen.
Ike: Then stick to your chosen path. I’ll strike you down with one blow. That’s the least I can do for you.
Sothe: …Thank you, Commander.

Others

vs Ike

Ike: Why would you seek me out? I won’t have any mercy on my enemies. That goes for former allies, too!

Ike defeated

Ike: They’re holding out longer than I expected.
Titania: Ike! Our forces on the western wall broke through the Daein defenses! They’re requesting reinforcements. We should move our forces to the breach.
Ike: All right. I just hope we’re able to keep Micaiah from doing anything rash. All units, to the western wall!

(Battle ends)

Micaiah vs Soren

Soren: Our last battle, in the valley. Was that your strategy?
Micaiah: …
Soren: That was impressive. You killed thousands of beorc soldiers with your little ambush. Well done.
Micaiah: I…
Soren: The Maiden of Dawn… What are you? One of the Branded, that’s for sure. But there is something else about you… Power. Yes, I can feel it in you. You possess great power.
Micaiah: Yes, and you would know. There’s something very different about you, too. Your energy feels so…ancient. You and I seem to have so much in common.
Soren: That doesn’t matter in the slightest. The only thing that does matter is that you are a dangerous adversary. You are also in Ike’s path, so it falls to me to remove you. It’s almost a shame. Farewell, Maiden of Dawn.
Micaiah: So, you fight for someone, as well. So very much alike… But I will defeat you. I will protect the ones I love!

Soren defeated

Soren: …Ugh… What a terrible place… to die…
Ike: Soren, retreat!
Soren: But, Ike…
Ike: Aren’t you supposed to be my strategist? Use your head! I need your help.
Soren: …I see. As you command…

(Soren retreats)

Sothe vs Path of Radiance character

Sothe: Get ready. Even if I have to fight my old friends, I won’t stop until I die!

Jill vs Mist

Mist: Jill! Why? Why are you doing this?!
Jill: I’m sorry, Mist. There’s no way we can turn back now.
Mist: But, Jill…
Jill: Mist…run. I won’t be expected to kill you if you just turn and run!

Mist defeated

Mist: Oww! Hey, that hurts! Sorry, Ike. I’m going to pull back.

(Mist retreats)

Titania defeated

Titania: Ugh… They got me…
Ike: Titania! Retreat and don’t exert yourself. We wouldn’t be complete if you weren’t here. We need you.
Titania: Ah, I understand, Ike. … You’ve… grown to become a legend… Greil… are you watching? Be proud of your son.

(Titania retreats)

Ranulf defeated

Ranulf: Arg! Like being hit… with a mountain…
Tibarn: Ranulf! Enough! Get back! I can’t let you die! What would I tell King Caineghis and Skrimir?
Ranulf: …I’m sorry, King Tibarn…

(Ranulf retreats)

Boyd defeated

Boyd: Ugh! They hit me good. I hate to say it, but I have to pull back!

(Boyd retreats)

Oscar defeated

Oscar: The enemy uses good tactics. Sorry, Ike. I’m pulling back for now.

(Oscar retreats)

Shinon defeated

Shinon: Why do these softheads keep fighting?! There’s no chance they’ll ever win this battle! I’m pulling back for now. I’m not wasting my arrows on these fools!

(Shinon retreats)

Gatrie defeated

Gatrie: Ugh! Hey, you’re pretty good! Better than I expected, honestly. Ike, I’m pulling back.

(Gatrie retreats)

Rolf defeated

Rolf: I… I guess it’s over…

(Rolf retreats)

Rhys defeated

Rhys: Ugh! That’s it for me… I’m pulling back now, everyone.

(Rhys retreats)

Mia defeated

Mia: They’re strong! I can’t defeat them! But I’ll be stronger tomorrow, and then we’ll see who wins!

(Mia retreats)

Why not some generic Part 3 Begnion boss convos too? (Featuring Ike 99% of the time.)

Spoiler

Ike vs Silvano

Silvano: Who are you, swine? Why do you side with sub-humans?
Ike: I’m Ike of the Greil Mercenaries.
Silvano: I know that name. Have you forgotten the apostle’s kindness? Thankless fool! You shall pay with your life!

ke vs Rommit

Rommit: When did sub-humans learn to wield swords? Impossible! I can’t believe my eyes.
Ike: You underestimate them.

Lethe vs Rommit

Rommit: A female sub-human? Oh… Those fools! They were tricked!
Lethe: I’m a soldier, beorc. Prepare to die.

Lyre vs Rommit

Lyre: This is no fun… Where’s Captain Ranulf? I don’t feel like fighting without him. Whoa, hey!
Rommit: Die, sub-human!
Lyre: AHHH! What are you doing, you crazy human!

Ike vs Istvan

Istvan: I am Istvan, general of Lord Seliora’s royal army! You, leader of sub-human filth! State your name!
Ike: I’m Ike of the Greil Mercenaries.
Istvan: Greil Mercenaries? Hm. Never heard of them! You are just small-time bandits, yes? Argh! If we had left behind dead bodies of sub-humans, our reward would have been bigger! My lord is not pleased with heads of bandits!
Ike: Oh, I wouldn’t worry about our heads. You have no chance to win this fight. Leave while you can.

Veyona vs Ike

Veyona: The laguz assault was a decoy, and your real objective was this camp? You’re more clever than I expected. This isn’t the strategy of the laguz. It must have been planned by the beorc.
Ike: Our objective is only to burn these supplies. Step aside and I’ll spare your life.
Veyona: You know I can’t do that. Our masters may be fools, but we are their soldiers nonetheless. Our duty is to carry out orders from our masters.
Ike: I thought you’d say that. But I have a duty as well.

Senators defeated

Senator: You’ll…regret this… You’ll regret killing me… [AKA you were right to use Heather to steal their items instead of stabbing them]
Senator: Where are my soldiers? They should be the ones to die… Useless cowards!

Ranulf vs Callum

Callum: So sub-human. Are you worried about your general?
Ranulf: You bet I’m worried! Without us looking after him, who knows what kind of trouble that hothead might get himself into! You can see we’re in a big hurry. Get out of my way, or I’ll move you. Painfully.
Callum: Never! If you wish to reach the top, you must “move” me. Do your best sub-human. [You already saw the Ike convo with this guy I believe]

Ike vs Lombroso

Lombroso: Hmph, pathetic. Your tiny band of outlaws doesn’t stand a chance before out might. We have more troops on the way.  The onslaught will not stop until every last one of you lies dead!
Ike Are you really the best Begnion could send?
Lombroso: What?! How dare you take that tone with me!
Ike Or did they send you at all? Does General Zelgius know about this little excursion?
Lombroso: I don’t take orders from that sanctimonious has-been. Enough questions.  Prepare to die!

Reyson vs Lombroso

Lombroso: Ah, a heron! You’ll make a nice gift for my lord!

Ike vs Septimus

Septimus: Wh-Who are you?!
Ike: Ike of the Greil Mercenaries. You don’t look too good. Maybe you should just leave…
Septimus: Wait a moment… HAH! Look everyone! Look at this one! He’s not a beast! Oh, thank the goddess! Victory is nigh!
Ike: So… Chasing us into these caves wasn’t the plum assignment that all the best generals wanted, huh?
Septimus: How DARE you! Take my spear, knave!

Laguz vs Septimus

Septimus: AHHH! Th-they’re here! Th-th-the sub-humans! The mongrels are here! They want to consume me!

Chapter 10

Ike vs Sergei

Sergei: We are under the direct orders of senator Valtome! His words carry the weight of the entire Senate! Mercenaries! You know how war works. You know that Begnion can pay?
Ike: Save your breath. The Greil Mercenaries choose our employers. All the wealth in the Senate couldn’t buy us. Lay down your bow and surrender.
Sergei: What?! Wretched fool! You’ll rot in the ground next to that treacherous girl.

16 hours ago, Deltre said:

@BrightBow I actually like Micaiah's decision to ignite the apostles army a whole lot, really. It's good development for her IMO, going from someone who didn't even really want to fight Jarod in Part 1 to an almost ruthless in a way military leader who will do anything to get the win. It's drastic, sure, but it just goes to show how far she's willing to go.

I just assumed that he unknowingly signed the pact in blood. Like, assuming he used a quill pen, the vial he used just happened to be blood and not ink, or something to that effect. The way it is in the extended script certainly makes me raise an eyebrow, but it's less ridiculous than assuming he never even read the agreement, so there's that at least. Tbh, I think a combination of both making it clear he read it, and being tricked into signing with blood would have been the least ridiculous outcome. It's not like he needed to do so willingly for the pact to work or anything.

Was it

Reveal hidden contents

Pelleas? Man, I hope it was Pelleas. Or Kurth. Either or. If it was Micaiah again, then RIP me.

Judging by your use of past tense, I take it you are already past 3E? Yeah, it's him. I actually did write his name in my last post, I just turned the font to white so that you would still need to manually select it in order to read it, just in case.

And yeah, I don't mind Micaiah setting people on fire like this either. As painfully forced this entire conflict is, if we accept the stakes that Daein has to fight or everyone just dies, then it's fine. Micaiah is someone who is completely committed to her people and is willing to commit any atrocity to protect her people. That's a perfectly understandable attitude to take in a situation like that, nevermind that she is not some random patriot but the most highranking General of Daein, so it's her duty to protect her people. Plus, I like how Micaiah being a patriotic hero makes for a nice contrast to Ike with his simplistic "I fight for my friends" outlook. And the game most certainly recognized that such a mass burning is freaking horrifying and absolutely tried to give it the proper weight, unlike a certain other game.

Edit: Okay, next part is up. I suppose you can see why I didn't want to talk about the subject of Soren vs Pelleas. I really didn't want anyone to tell you that the true map objective is to collect 80 corpses. That would take a lot of the atmosphere, if you ask me.

Not much else to say for now, I suppose. What I can tell you is that the reason Boyd showed up at the end of the map is because of his A support. If he didn't have that, Titania would have showed up instead. But that's not what people were talking about when it comes to that A support, they were indeed referring to that Info Conversation.

And btw, there is a downside to that 3 range of the Marksman. Unless they use Crossbows, Bow users get a penalty of -30 hit when attacking from anything other then 2 range. And this is not exclusive to Marksmen since the same happens if you use ordinary Longbows.

Edited by BrightBow

@IcelerateI actually think that Pelleas signing the Blood Pact is fine in the JP version anyways. They make it pretty clear with the dialogue that @BrightBow posted that it's more the act of making the blood pact that causes the curse, rather than the actual text of the document. That's all well and good, but it should have absolutely been in the NA version as well to make things less confusing.

I agree 100% with your feelings on 3-13, and Heather being able to expose the trap tiles would have been really cool, and actually give her some purpose. I just noticed, but there haven't been any chests since 1-F lol.

@Interdimensional ObserverI definitely think that the Blood Pact raises the stakes like almost nothing else could. The more I think about it, the more I realize that the pieces of a good idea are there, but spread so thinly and across multiple languages/hard to trigger dialogues, that I can't call it good. I talk a bit about this in the next part (not the one in this post, but the one that should be up tomorrow), but even the nationality/location problem can be reasonably deduced I feel. With the mark of the blood pact appearing on Micaiah (another scene that needed to be there I think), we know that the curse will appear on those who are affected. If you take that, and remember that Ilyana is decidedly of Daein nationality, it has to be based on region since she never gets the mark. Of course, it could be that it hasn't affected her yet, but with dialogue that was posted for me on the newest video, specifically the Jill/Pelleas dialogue, it seems to imply that Jill would be affected too. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't she technically be from Begnion even if she considers herself to be from Daein? I think it must be a regional thing. 

If that is the case, things make a lot more sense. It's not as if everyone in Daein can up and immigrate to a new location all at once. Even if every single person had the means, it would be a logistical nightmare for whatever country wanted to accept them as refugees. Not to mention the fact that everyone there seems as if they are already cursed, as implied by the curse appearing on Micaiah despite not being part of the pact originally. It's just much easier to buy into if it works based off an area: it makes a lot more sense than a curse that can somehow sense a persons nationality and I feel like based on what is there that the game seems to somewhat imply that region is the deciding factor. Even if leaving Daein could somehow lift the curse, the kingdom is effectively destroyed.

In the end, I think the idea itself could have worked despite still being kinda out there, but all the needed information is just too hard to find as it's explained in game. Having to search through hard to trigger dialogue that most players may never see, not to mention gather information from a version in an entirely different language just to understand the fundamentals of how this thing is supposed to function just makes this whole blood pact thing lose a lot of credibility. The pieces may be there, and I'm all for reading in between the lines to understand the story, but this is one thing that's just too important and needed to be made perfectly clear from the get go. The entire motivation for Micaiah/Pelleas in Part 3 literally hinges on this one point, and if it can't be adequately explained to someone who doesn't want to browse through the script from 2 different versions of the same game, then it has failed in my eyes whether there is reasonable explanation to all the elements that make up the blood pact or not. Hopefully Part 4 can shed some more light on all this, but for now I think it could have been handled much better, even just by correctly utilizing what's already there.

On the plus side, this game definitely has a lot more good writing than bad, and I can't see my opinion of that changing any time soon. Those Ike boss conversations were hilarious lol. And I feel that a lot of the Player vs Player unit conversations, on 3-F especially, are really well done and add a lot of much needed characterization for certain people. They also help explain some things that might not otherwise be explicitly stated, like Calil v Tauroneo, for example. Soren v Micaiah Round 2 is pretty interesting too. Shoot, I think Ilyana is supposed to even have a conversation that doesn't even mention food, which is a true milestone for her character. It's a shame that half of these are next to impossible to get. Soren v Micaiah I could maybe see, if you gave Soren a siege weapon and can somehow trigger him to move, but some of the ones on 3-F are flat out impossible afaik. All the ones with Micaiah are next to impossible, and good luck ever seeing Tibarn v Nailah!

@BrightBow I think that's why the Micaiah thing doesn't bother me on 3-12. The game actually treats the situation with a degree of seriousness. Shoot, I actually felt kind of dirty for employing these tactics, just because the game makes it very clear that it's a horrible, horrible thing that you'd be doing by committing to this. 

Yes, I'm glad no one mentioned the kill counter on 3-F. That was such a cool idea, and it really added to the tension of the whole fight. You never really knew when the next event might trigger, and even if it became really obvious where things were headed about 20 kills in, that only added to the sense of dread. Not to mention all the awesome conversations you can theoretically get on this map. Pretty good finale, if you ask me, albeit a pretty easy chapter if you're not rushing for that Soren/Pelleas conversation.

In this part, we end the world. Oops.

Ah the end of Part 3. The battle itself isn't too special, but it does kinda reflect the dire straits the Daein Army is in. Micaiah's lost her defensive fortifications and has to fight in the open- the worse possibility for her and the best for the Laguz Alliance since they're far stronger and more numerous. She fields a few Tier 1 generic units- she's scrapping the bottom of the manpower barrel. She can't tell her soldiers why they must fight, because how is she going to explain the Blood Pact to them without creating panic in the ranks? And Micaiah, for all her swift rise to the top via charisma and miraculous powers, lacks any formal military training and her powers have weakened. Had there been no divine intervention, I'm pretty sure Daein would've collapsed after this fight. How could Micaiah have fought again? The LA was right on the border with Begnion as the pre-battle narration shows. Maybe she could convince the Senate to a flanking stratagem, but that'd be her last chance. Since I'm doubtful the Senate would consider Daein an effective ally if the sub-humans and false Apostle were marching distance of Duke Gaddos's (Lekain's) estate. But this is but counterfactual stuff- we don't really know what would have happened, because, well, you just saw why! Still, it's an interesting thought.

RD might have had barebones Supports, but the enormous and well written player vs. player boss convos (albeit some repeat like Zihark's set) and the Base Conversations, though not totally adequate replacements, are very good indeed. I can't help but compare this to Fates:

Spoiler

Mikoto and Sumeragi get unique boss convos with only Corrin plus Sumeragi with Ryoma. Really? The Hoshidan royal children lack a chat with their blood father and loving adoptive mother? Nor Reina and Orochi with their former liege? Why?

Scarlet also lacks a Ryoma convo on Revelation. Kaze lacks a Conquest 25 Saizo convo, Xander lacks a Ryoma in the same fight. The Nohr royals have nothing to say vs. Garon/Iago/Hans too.

On a more positive note, I've looked over the Extended Script for 3-F in case you didn't (you shouldn't because it names the figure the goddess was speaking with). There seem to be hardly any differences, except with Almedha and the Blood Pact.

First, here is the dialogue if Pelleas was dead in the Regular Script

Spoiler

Rafiel:
“What tragedy… Is there any hope for Daein at all?”

Micaiah:
“There is… one person who holds a glimmer of hope for all of us.”

(If Pelleas is dead)

Micaiah:
“Queen Almedha! Queen Almedha… What do you know about the blood pact? You know some thing, don’t you? I saw the look on your face… You noticed something even before Pelleas told us about the pact. If there’s something you know that we don’t, please tell us!”

Almedha:
Heh heh…hmph…

Micaiah:
“L-Lady Almedha?”

Almedha:
“Haven’t… Haven’t you done enough already? It’s done, finished. Nothing matters anymore…There’s nothing we can do. My Pelleas… My Pelleas is…”

Kurthnaga:
“Almedha! Get ahold of yourself!”

Almedha:
“Kurth?”

Kurthnaga:
“I can’t pretend that I know what you’re going through, but, for Pelleas’s sake, you must control yourself. Remember that your son made his final sacrifice in order to protect the people of Daein! Honor his memory now and help us.”

Almedha:
“…Sniff… You’re right, Kurth. I’ll try.”

Micaiah:
“Oh, thank you, Lady Almedha! Now, what can you tell us about the blood pact?”

Almedha:
“…In the Begnion era, year 626, a terrible plague swept through Daein, killing over a thousand people.”

Tauroneo:
“I remember the horror of that disease. King Ashnard took the throne after the plague killed most of the royal family, including his father.The tragedy is still fresh in my mind.”

Almedha:
“That was no disease. It was the curse of a blood pact.”

Micaiah:
“What?!”

Almedha:
“It was all plotted by my husband in a bid to claim the throne of Daein. Ashnard tricked his father into signing a blood pact with a traveling wise man. Ashnard convinced the king that he was signing a contract to procure the services of the wise man, which was true, in a fashion. With the pact signed, Ashnard had the wise man invoke the curse. My husband looked on in triumph as the royal family began to wither. The power of the curse killed every royal in line for the throne. It was brilliant. With no one to block his way to the throne, Ashnard executed his master stroke. He killed his father and took the crown from his head.”

Micaiah:
“King Ashnard killed his own father? The king of Daein?! And what about the others? A thousand people died for his insane plot!”

Almedha:
“There’s no point in dwelling on old wounds. Besides, the peasants didn’t matter. They had no vision. Ashnard, on the other hand… What’s important is what happened after the king’s death. Ashnard wasn’t cursed by the blood pact.”

Micaiah:
“He wasn’t cursed? How is that possible?”

(Image of Ashnard and the previous king)

Almedha:
“In order to break the curse of the blood pact, two conditions must be met. The destruction of the document itself, and the death of the one bound to it. Either condition by itself is not enough. I watched it happen. Ashnard killed his father, then tore apart the pact. And before my eyes, the mark of the pact faded from the dead king’s arm”

(Image fades)

Almedha:
“The destruction of the document, and the death of the one bound…”

Micaiah:
“How could you, Almedha? How could you not tell us? You knew all along–“

Almedha:
“Because I was terrified! I knew that once you found out the truth, you would butcher my dear son to save your doomed country! I would have done anything to save my Pelleas… That’s why I didn’t say anything… How could I? In the end, though…it wasn’t enough.”

Kurthnaga:
“Almedha, you are stronger than this. You were always the brave one when we were young.”

Almedha:
“Huh?”

Kurthnaga:
“I know you grieve, but grieving will not bring Pelleas back. Now is the time when you must be strong. To put Pelleas’s spirit to rest, help carry out his dying wish, and ensure the safety of his homeland.”

Almedha:
“But he was… He was everything to me… How can I go on without him?”

Kurthnaga:
“I am still here, dear sister. You still have family.”

Micaiah:
“Sister? Lady Almedha is your sister?”

Kurthnaga:
“I received your message, my sister, and have come to help. Please, Almedha, allow me to protect Daein for you and for Pelleas. Do not lose hope. You are not alone anymore and never shall be again.”

Almedha:
“Oh, Kurthnaga, thank you! I’m so sorry for everything I put you and Father through… I’m so sorry…”

And here is the same dialogue in the Extended Script:

Spoiler

Micaiah:
“There’s no longer anything we can do… There is only one path left for Daein… and that is destruction…”

Rafiel:
“Micaiah…”

???:
“There may still be hope yet.”

(If Pelleas is dead)

Tauroneo:
“Your highness!”

Micaiah:
“Queen Almedha!”

Almedha:
“Unnh…”

Kurthnaga:
“Ah… Are-are you feeling alright?”

Almedha:
“Apologies… Lend me your shoulder for a moment…”

Kurthnaga:
“Understood.”

Almedha:
“…In the Begnion era, year 626, a terrible plague swept through Daein, killing over a thousand people.”

Tauroneo:
“I remember the horror of that disease. King Ashnard took the throne after the plague killed most of the royal family, including his father. The tragedy is still fresh in my mind.”

Almedha:
“That was no disease. It was the curse of a blood pact.”

Tauroneo:
“What?!”

Almedha:
“It was all plotted by my husband in a bid to claim the throne of Daein. He used the curse… to steal the lives of his family and citizens…”

Tauroneo:
“King Ashnard…? My liege… killed his… own father…”

Almedha:
“Ashnard, he… always worried about the future of a world without equals. He was born an outstanding man, wise beyond his age, yet could never become king. So to shape his ideal world, he decided to resort to underhanded schemes. That’s right… he tricked his father into signing a blood pact with a traveling wise man.”

Tauroneo:
“Who was he!? That wise man…?”

Almedha:
“I do not know the details… To cure my illness, that man gathered at Daein the most bizarre people on the continent… Izuka was one of those people. He said he was a scholar studying the properties of wildlife… but, in truth he was nothing more than a madman hell bent on developing biological weapons… Oh ho ho ho.”

Tauroneo:
“Your highness…”

Almedha:
“Ahem… I seemed to have strayed off the subject. What I want to tell you is that… Ashnard once broke the curse of the blood pact.”

Sothe:
“What did you just say…!?”

Tauroneo:
“Then, does that mean…”

(Image of Ashnard and the previous king)

Almedha:
“I speak no lies. Because… I watched it happen. Ashnard killed his father and before my eyes, the mark of the pact faded from the dead king’s arm”

(Image fades)

Micaiah:
“Yet, King Pelleas’s mark…”

Almedha:
“Yes… That is something I do not understand. Why was the mark of the blood pact… transferred to you? Heh heh… Heh heh heh heh… If you were to die by somebody’s hands now… perhaps the mark might disappear still. How about it? Do you wish to give it a try? You sacrificed my dear Pelleas… It’s only fitting that you should die as well, wench! If nobody has the heart to kill you, I’ll do it myself!!”

(Kurthnaga runs in front of Almedha)

Kurthnaga:
“Please stop!”

Micaiah:
“Kurth…?”

Kurthnaga:
“Please I beg of you…! Even if you kill Micaiah, it won’t bring Pelleas back! Now is the time when you must be strong. To put Pelleas’s spirit to rest, help carry out his dying wish, and ensure the safety of his homeland.”

Almedha:
“But Kurth… he was… That child meant everything to me… I already lost him once before and it was no easy task finding him again… And still, he ended up being taken from my arms… How can I go on without him?”

Kurthnaga:
“I received your message, my sister, and have come to help. Please, Almedha, allow me to protect Daein for you and for Pelleas. Do not lose hope. You are not alone anymore and never shall be again.”

Almedha:
“Oh, Kurthnaga, thank you! I’m so sorry for everything I put you and Father through… I’m so sorry…”

Keeping Pelleas alive results in much the same dialogue in both versions, just modified to take in consideration his existence (meaning Almedha isn't so sorrowful) and which you saw. I think they handled this alive/dead thing rather well. I bolded the lines of particular interest to me. It appears Almedha is bit more insane with grief in the Japanese version- threatening to kill Micaiah sounds like that to me. That laugh I bolded in the regular script seems to have that same bitterness to it as the death threat, just not as explicit. And they don't say what this illness Almedha had is, whatever it was, maybe it's her weakening powers though.

Some people dislike Ashnard having used a Blood Pact, because it undermines his "survival of the fittest" ideology. But treachery and cunning are signs of strength, and it isn't like he could've gotten away with killing all potential heirs by himself. One man, yes, killing every other royal in line to throne with his sword (I like how they used his PoR boss sword the Gurgurant in that one CG) and no one suspecting anything, that would be almost impossible to conceal. If he had, he'd have caused a civil war, which he wouldn't have necessarily minded probably, but why does he have to fight an unnecessary battle? He likes fighting, but why take the long road to the prize if nothing better comes of it? And mind you, Ashnard had zero problems abandoning Daein in PoR, that the Blood Pact killed off some others too was of no consequence to him I can imagine.

Why would using a magic item invalidate Ashnard's character from PoR? He wanted to unleash the medallion and wore magic armour in that game so it isn't like he'd be opposed to using magic. If anything, the chaotic/random nature of the blood pact makes sense for him. 

Well, the Hand of the Goddess believes that her opponents are servants of the dark god. So consequently they would believe that the reason they are not petrified is because the dark god uses them to do their dirty work. ...so basically just like what is being done to them...

Anyway, everything is shared between the 3 teams now. Money, Inventory, BEXP. The storage capacity has also increased accordingly.

And just in case you didn't realize this, when Ike promoted you got a Nihil scroll for free.

Next time you will see Micaiah's group, you will be able to recruit Stefan. Stefan does the same thing he did in the first game, which is hiding on a specific tile. This time around he has to be recruited by Micaiah. Although since you used a data transfer, Lethe and Mordecai should be able to do it too.

Unfortunately Sanaki can only archive SS rank in Fire. So Ilyana is the only one who can use that Rexbolt.

The Lion gauge reduces by only 2 for combat and 3 for each turn. The downside is that it also builds up slower. But that doesn't exactly matter, especially at this point. After all Olivi Grass is cheap and plentiful.

Btw, as usual the triangle attack is in this game. You have no less then four Pegasus Knights this time around but you still need only three of them in order to perform it.

Edited by BrightBow

@Interdimensional Observer The lack of unique Boss Conversations was definitely one of the more disappointing aspects of Fates. At least Saizo got one! As an NPC haha.

Almeldha's breakdown is really kinda chilling in a way. I almost wish that I'd be getting those scenes, to be honest, since Pelleas really hasn't done or said much in a while honestly. It makes me wonder what her relationship with Dhegensia must be like, considering she doesn't seem like she feels that she has a lot to live for anymore. I guess with your husband being insane, one of your brothers being killed by said husband, and your child's death as the icing on the cake it would be very hard to keep it together. 

I'm really surprised that people think the Blood Pact cheapens Ashnard. It seems perfectly in character to me to do something so completely insane, like @Icelerate said. If anything, it adds to his character since at best in PoR we could assume that he got to his position by coincidence, besides killing his father himself of course. It was heavily implied to be some sort of disease that did the Daein royalty in, right? Seems awfully hands off for the 'Mad King' in my opinion.

If they would be a little clearer with this Blood Pact deal, it might even greatly strengthen his character and the impact of the Blood Pact as an idea as well. If say, the Wise Man that Ashnard got to create the Blood Pact with his father had cursed Ashnard as well, he'd certainly seem batty as hell, and the Blood Pact would accomplish something pretty unique that would hard to replicate by other story devices. Shoot, it seems perfectly possible to me that Ashnard would take such a crazy gamble, all to gain the power he desired. In fact, with how I understand the Blood Pact, he certainly did curse himself, unless you can somehow pick and choose who gets affected when you curse an entire country. Of course, that goes back to the Blood Pact needing some more clarity, but if I'm even close to correct, then this is actually a pretty big plus for Ashnard, as far as I'm concerned. 

@BrightBow You know, I hadn't even considered that they would assume Yune had revived us to do her work. That makes perfect sense, actually, and hey, they're even half right since we are working with her technically. 

Is the triangle attack any 3 Seraphs or does it have to be Elincia/Marcia/Tanith like in PoR?

So, Part 4 begins. I've heard that this is the weakest part from here until endgame, so I'm curious to see how I'll feel about this one. The prologue map wasn't too bad, and if I'm being perfectly honest I kind of like it. I found it to be short and painless, with lots of new toys to play with. Skirimir, and more importantly NAESALA are awesome and tons of fun to use. These Disciples of Order stood no chance, and I even trained up Tanith too. I ended up replaying this one (sent Eddy to the wrong squad RIP me), and I still feel the same.

While the main story is pretty cut and dry (head to the tower!), I like that they're taking the time to set up some side-character arcs here. I think it's a pretty good guess that Naesala is being manipulated by someone, and the big shocker is that Sanaki might actually be a fake. That second one is extra surprising to me, since it was the Begnion Paragons of Stupidity AKA the Senate who came up with that one in the first place, and the obvious assumption is that it's all total BS. It'll be a nice little subversion if it actually turns out to be true. Last, but not least, I'm liking Yune. She's pretty funny, not gonna lie. She even buffed up Sothe! But she couldn't give him a properly sized shirt, as I guess that would be beyond even her power.

1 hour ago, Deltre said:

Is the triangle attack any 3 Seraphs or does it have to be Elincia/Marcia/Tanith like in PoR?

Any three of those four will do.

1 hour ago, Deltre said:

She even buffed up Sothe! But she couldn't give him a properly sized shirt, as I guess that would be beyond even her power.

My guess is that she wanted fanservice)))

There are reinforcements that show up until Turn 11 in 4-P. You took things quite fast.

I like Naesala and the other Laguz Royals being so powerful. The Laguz are said to choose leaders based on strength, the gameplay is simply reflecting the lore. Meanwhile Elincia and Sanaki and Pelleas aren't the strongest things in the world since Beorc choose based on blood ties.

Those gold units say second tier, but their a "Special" Second Tier version with higher caps and stats. You don't see 3rd Tier enemies for the most part because of those broken Mastery skills- would you want every General you fight to have Luna? (Which is the same as the BK's Eclipse, but the 5xStr is reduced to 3xStr, total Defense negation is still a thing.)

And that Nihil is why I said to strip Ike of skills, I never knew what would happen if he didn't have enough capacity for it.

The last Extended Script SF has until P4 Final is 4-P's and here are the differences/additions, barring a few tiny ones I skipped.

First, two filler lines (the non-bolded is in the Standard, I'm just including it for context):

Spoiler

Yune:
“No, that wasn’t me. I haven’t done much of anything. I just woke up, so I don’t have that kind of power just yet. That was Ashera’s doing. It was her judgment upon this world.”

Ike:
“…What do you mean?”

Sanaki:
“Could it be, you’re referring to… The Goddess Ashera…?”

Yune:
“That’s right. Ashera’s decided to destroy mankind. That’s why she turned everyone into stone.”

Sanaki:
“Nonsense! Holy Ashera would never harm us! She is the one and only supreme being, the mother who gave birth to all life in this world. She protects us at all times and guides us toward the right path.”

Then we have Yune in the Extended saying a little more when talking to Mist:

Spoiler

Yune:
“Ashera has always hated me, but I like her. You’ve got some of her in you. So, I’ll talk to you. Actually, I really wanted to speak with the heron folk… those children possess much greater Order than you. As soon as I went near them they instantly feel ill, which is just terrible, so I’d no choice but to find you.”

Yune:
“No, no, it’s fine. Talk to me however you like. You don’t have to stand on ceremony with me. I like freedom. Formalities are simply detestable to me. Yet humans… can’t seem to get enough of formalities.”

They also condensed this in the Standard:

Mist:
“Then… At that point, did you already know things would come to this?”

Yune:
“Not at all. The reason I awoke was to prevent something like this from happening!”

Into the line that comes before it:

Yune:
“Yes, I did! I’m so glad you understood! You’re so very clever! Of course, I was hoping, by sending you that message, I would stop all of this from happening.”

They also changed and add to this bit with Yune slightly later:

Spoiler

The Japanese Extended:

Mist:
“Hey, Yune. There is a difference, right? That’s what you first told me. As long as we listen to Yune… then we’d be able to save the people who were turned to stone. You want to help us, Yune, don’t you?”

Yune:
“…Yes. Ashera went ahead and turned everyone into stone without asking me. I’ll show her, though. I’ll turn them all back somehow! The problem is that I can’t do this by myself. I need your help. Will you help me?”

The English Standard:

Mist:
“Please forgive my brother, Yune. We want to save the people who were turned to stone. We need you to tell us how. It did matter that we woke you with the galdr of release, right?”

Yune:
“First of all, you should understand that, because of our link, waking me is the same as waking Ashera. Now, if Ashera had been awakened by the spirit of chaos, none of us would be standing here right now. By the terms of the promise, she was just supposed to destroy the world. No hesitation, no discussion. But if she was awakened by the galdr of release, she was supposed to consult with me first. She wasn’t supposed to pass down her judgment until she heard from me. Ashera went ahead and turned everyone into stone without asking me. That’s so unfair! I’ll show her, though. I’ll turn them all back somehow! The problem is that I can’t do this by myself. I need your help. Will you help me?”

Now after Yune is done speaking, a bunch of people chime in, the bolded is what was cut in the Standard:

Spoiler

Mist:
“Of course we’ll help! It’s strange, but I trust you, Yune. I’m sure everyone else would as well. We all want to save the people who got turned to stone!”

Ike:
“Yes. We’ll do whatever it takes.”

Tibarn:
“Who or why, it doesn’t matter right now. That can wait until after we’ve freed everyone that has turned to stone.”

Skrimir:
“That’s right! We will allow nothing to stand in our way! We will fight!”

Elincia:
“It’s all so confusing… But we must do everything in our power to save the people.”

Nailah:
“…I’m here now, at such a time and place. This is what the fates have brought me. I acknowledge my fate.”

Sanaki:
“…”

Naesala:
“What are you thinking, Apostle?”

Sanaki:
“…To be honest, I’ve spent my life teaching that the goddess Ashera watches over and protects us. This is all a little hard to accept.”

Yune:
“You don’t have to believe me. You could just let her destroy the world…”

Sanaki:
“No, I will do whatever it takes to save the people who were turned to stone. I will join the others in helping you.”

Naesala:
“…Well, I’ll do whatever helps my employer.”

That Sothe-Ike mini-conversation with the whole "I wasn't looking forward to that matchup" which follows Sanaki's second quip in the above dialogue in the Standard version, was added in the English version- the Japanese Extended doesn't have it.

They then shrunk this:

Spoiler

Yune:
“It’s settled, then! How should we begin? I know! Let’s divide the army into three teams.”

Ike:
“Why do we need to do that?”

Yune:
“I’m pretty sure that Ashera is going to notice what we’re up to…”

Ike:
“…You’re reducing the risk of everyone getting killed at once. Is that what you think Ashera’s going to do?”

Yune:
“I’m not sure. She just released an enormous amount of energy in one go, I don’t think she’ll be able to turn everyone into stone again straight away.”

Ike:
“Wait a second… So you’re saying after enough time has passed, she can turn people to stone again?”

Yune:
“Yep.”

Ike:
“Then, we’ve got to hurry. It’s all over if we get turned to stone, too. We have to rescue them…”

Into this:

Spoiler

Yune:
“It’s settled, then! How should we begin? I know! Let’s divide the army into three teams. I’m pretty sure that Ashera is going to notice what we’re up to…”

Ike:
“Dividing us up is smart. It reduces the risk of everyone getting killed at once.”

Yune:
“We have to hurry. I can feel Ashera’s power building. It’s all over if we get turned to stone, too. All right, everyone, it’s up to us! What’s your name?”

Then after Yune finishes possessing Micaiah and flies off (Elincia got snubbed in the English)

Spoiler

[Note: The first three lines below don’t seem to appear in the English version]

Sothe:
“Micaiah!”

Micaiah:
“Unh…”

Sothe:
“Hang in there!”

(Later)

Sothe:
“Micaiah!”

Micaiah:
“…Oh. Hello, Sothe.”

Sothe:
“You’re back! I was so worried.”

Ike:
“Hey, if that bird was Yune… where did she go?”

Micaiah:
“I don’t know where, exactly, but she said she must go look for… something.”

Ike:
“Leaving us by ourselves? What’s she thinking?”

Tibarn:
“At least we know what we have to do. Let’s move out. Have you finished preparations, Queen Elincia?”

Elincia:
“Yes, I can fight at any moment’s notice.”

Ike:
“What about those on Queen Nailah’s side?”

Nailah:
“We’re all good.”

Ena:
“May I have a moment before we leave?”

Ike:
“What is it, Ena?”

Ena:
“Prince Kurth has requested that I pass these out to the herons.”

(Image of the sending stones)

Ike:
“Those are sending stones, right?”

Tibarn:
“Wow… You don’t get to see these often.”

Ena:
“Correct. Fortunately for us, each heron has been assigned to a different team.”

(Image fades)

Ena:
“King Tibarn, would you give this one to Prince Reyson?”

Tibarn:
“That’s ideal. We can each communicate with the other teams using the stones. Good idea.”

Elincia:
“It certainly relieves my worries.”

Ena:
“Queen Nailah, please give this one to Prince Rafiel.”

Nailah:
“I will.”

Ena:
“And the last one is for Princess Leanne.”

Sothe:
“She’s on our team.”

Micaiah:
“Then, I’ll give it to her.”

Tibarn:
“All right, we’re ready to go.”

Elincia:
“My friends, please take care. We’ll definitely meet again.”

Ike:
“Yeah, see you at the tower… Hopefully.”

Then the BK reveal is less condensed like some of the other conversations too, I bolded one particular line since it stands out, but which they didn't really need:

Spoiler

Ranulf:
“…Ike!”

Ike:
“What is it? Forget something?”

Ranulf:
“Not quite… There’s really no need for me to worry… but don’t die out there, okay?”

Ike:
“Haha, I know. You need to be careful too. Don’t tell me that’s all you came here to tell me about?”

Ranulf:
“…No, you’re right. Since we’re on different teams, I need to tell you something before we go. Something important.”

Ike:
“…Is it to do with General Zelgius?”

Ranulf:
“Yeah… When you cross into Begnion and if you meet him… No, it would be better if you didn’t meet him…”

Ike:
“He’s a man able to match the Hawk King’s strength. He wouldn’t have turned to stone. I’m pretty sure we’ll see him…”

Ranulf:
“…Next time you see him, Ike, use caution. He’s your enemy.”

Ike:
“What do you mean?”

Ranulf:
“He’s the one. He’s the Black Knight.”

Ike:
“What?”

Ranulf:
“Zelgius is the Black Knight. I’m certain of it.”

Ike:
“It can’t be…”

Ranulf:
“I wasn’t going to tell you until I had hard proof, but it looks like we’re out of time. Sorry I didn’t tell you before.”

Ike:
“General Zelgius is the one who killed my father?”

Ranulf:
“Ike, I’m off now. Promise me that you’ll be careful of that man. See ya…!”

(Image of Zelgius and the Black Knight)

Ike:
“Zelgius… The Black Knight…”

Lekain and Sigrun say a little more too:

Spoiler

“Blessed servants of the goddess! I bring dire news. The dark god has awakened and made its wrath manifest in stone. Every one of you once suffered this same fate. Yet we stand here today made flesh again by the power of the goddess! Why is that? It is because we are the chosen ones, selected by Ashera herself! Ashera loves only us and only we can live in her new utopia happily and forever. But there are fiendish villains who would destroy our happiness… That despicable dark god and her servants still pace back and forth on our continent, threatening to harm our goddess. We faithful servants of Ashera must punish the dark god and her followers! Go forth, Disciples of Order! Deliver her divine judgment upon the dark god and those who worship it!”

Sigrun:
“All right, everyone. Let’s spend the night in this town. Same as always, if anybody needs to replenish food supplies, they may freely do so at the town. Empress Sanaki will pay the townsfolk at a later date, so please do not worry and take as much as you need. With that said, let us disperse. Please be sure to get some rest and prepare for tomorrow.”

Part of the Naesala-Skrimir and co. convo also got tweaked. I extracted the relevant segment, and the differences are enough I didn't feel a need to bold them:

Spoiler

Naesala:
“Hmph. I don’t like the air here. It’s…a little too pristine, too clean. I feel like I’m befouling it just by standing here.”

(Leanne appears)

Leanne:
(What did you say, Naesala?)

Naesala:
“Nothing, Leanne.”

Nealuchi:
“Would you like to join us for dinner, nestling? I’m almost finished preparing.”

Leanne:
(I’ll help as well!)

Naesala:
“Leanne, you don’t need to help out.”

Leanne:
(Why not? I can help you find some really tasty seeds.)

Naesala:
“I’m not like you. Just eating seeds isn’t going to fill my stomach.”

(Skrimir appears)

Skrimir:
“Huh?”

Naesala:
“What’s up, Skrimir? You look terrible… had an unpleasant meal?”

Skrimir:
“Don’t act like we’re buddies! We may be in the same team… but I don’t trust you for a second! You’re a traitor to the Laguz!!”

Naesala:
“You’re right, of course. Though it’s not like I’m begging for your forgiveness.”

Skrimir:
“You… have you no shame!!”

Nealuchi:
“Ooh, ah… young master!”

(Leanne comes in front of Naesala)

Leanne:
(Wait! Don’t hurt Naesala!)

Skrimir:
“Oi, Princess Leanne, move aside!!”

Leanne:
(No! You’re too strong, if Naesala gets hit by you, he’ll die!)

Skrimir:
“What are you saying!? I don’t understand the ancient tongue!”

Leanne:
(Uh) Wait… Do not… bully Naesala.

Skrimir:
“Bully?! You reckon that’s all I’m going to do? This worm has brought ruin on the Laguz Alliance!”

Naesala:
“…”

Leanne:
“But… Naesala suffers, too. Very, very much… He–“

(Leanne turns to Naesala)

Leanne:
(What I meant to say is that you’re in a lot of pain, am I right?)

Naesala:
“Leanne, I wish you would stop looking into my soul. It’s very rude of you.”

Leanne:
(I’m sorry, it’s because I worry about you Naesala.)

Naesala:
“I know. However… that’s no reason for you to get hurt. This is a responsibility that I need to shoulder. I only did what I believed was right. Even if I end up torn apart by Skrimir, I have no regrets.”

Skrimir:
“So you’ve seen the light, Raven King!”

(Leanne turns back to face Skrimir)

Skrimir:
“Let me fulfil your wish… I’ll undo you right here!”

(Skrimir transforms)

When Sanaki says she'll fight, she also says this:

Spoiler

Sanaki:
“My magical skill far exceeds what most are capable of. The world has come to this, I cannot just stand back and watch!”

And later

Sigrun:
“That is a kind offer, but I must decline. It is the first and most sacred duty of the Holy Knights to protect the apostle. As Empress Sanaki is fighting, I too will fight.

Sanaki:
“…We’ll leave it at that. King Naesala, we don’t want to burden you. Besides, it looks like the enemy is about to take this argument out of our hands. They’re here.”

Naesala:
“…I see. Then, I’m grateful for your kindness.”

The just before the battle begins:

Spoiler

Yuma:
“Are you all listening!? Here are the minions of the dark god! The vile betrayers to the goddess! Go forth, Disciples, and eradicate the dark god! Deliver the holy judgment of the goddess! Destroy them!” [this was tweaked in the English, but the spirit is the same]

Sanaki:
“You! All of you. You are all Begnion citizens! I’m so relieved you are all safe. King Naesala, everyone, please withdraw your weapons! These people are not our enemies.”

Naesala:
“Sanaki, be careful! I don’t know that they’re going to be pleased to see you.”

Sanaki:
“What do you–“

Disciple of Order:
“Minions of the dark god! We are the Disciples of Order, led by blessed Lord Lekain. We have been charged by the goddess Ashera to cleanse your taint from the world!”

Sanaki:
“What did you just say!? Take a good look at me! I am the Empress of the Begnion Empire… Apostle Sanaki!”

Disciple of Order:
“Death to the tainted souls!”

Sanaki:
“Listen to me speak! Listen, I am…”

Sigrun:
“Empress Sanaki, please stay back. These traitors must have sided with the senate during the coup.” [the English moves this line down down one in the script]

Disciple of Order:
“Apostle Sanaki is a fraud! Any apostle who defies the edicts of the goddess is an enemy to the people!”

Sanaki:
“What?!”

Yuma:
“Our goddess has already given orders to her true disciples! Accept your punishment! Death to the heretics that oppose the goddess! Punish the minions of the dark god!”

Disciple of Order:
“Punish them!”

Sanaki:
“No, I–“

Naesala:
“Hey, don’t just stand there. They’re not going to listen to a thing we say. There’s nothing trickier than dealing with a bunch of crazed fanatics.”

Sigrun:
“As a soldier of the same nation… I pity you. [The English of this is "Silence betrayers of the Empire!"] However, how dare you accuse the empress! Whether you’re insane or not, it is unforgivable. I am Sigrun, commander of the Apostle’s Holy Guard! You who dare betray the empire, treason can only be punished by death!” 

The post battle convo:

Spoiler

After Battle

Skrimir:
“Hmph. They were strong… for beorc. Has the senate held back its elite forces?”

Sigrun:
“No, I don’t think that’s the case. Judging by the armor they were wearing and the badge that shows their rank… They’re practically all new recruits. I can’t imagine how they could have fought against us so fiercely.” [shorter in the English, but same thing]

Naesala:
“They came charging at us as if they didn’t fear death, they must truly be crazy… That said, they were strong. What could be the cause of their strength?”

???:
“Simple. They were protected by Ashera.”

Skrimir:
“Oh, here comes the Priestess of Daein.”

Yune:
“Wrong, I’m Yune.”

Naesala:
“So it’s Lady Yune, huh? When did you return?”

Yune:
“I sent a message to Micaiah about the impending attack, then returned here as fast as I could. Ashera freed the petrified soldiers who would pledge loyalty to her. By themselves, they weren’t a threat to skin puppets as strong as you, so she blessed their armor and weapons. Now they are worthy to be her true disciples, the Disciples of Order, and their power will be stronger as we get closer to her. The battle will only get more difficult from here. The closer we get to the tower, the stronger our enemies will be.”

Sigrun:
“Their weapons and armor are blessed by the goddess herself?”

Naesala:
“That reminds me of that sturdy fellow encased in black armour, as well as those swords that you Beorc seem to treasure. Alondite and Ragnell, I think that’s what they were called.” [they cut to the case in the English here]

Sigrun:
“You seem to know a lot.”

Naesala:
“It’s because they look like really valuable items. So are they the same?”

Yune:
“It’s the same idea, yes. The swords were originally wielded by Altina of the Three Heroes. In comparison, the Disciple’s blessings were much weaker. Still, it makes them a lot more powerful than they originally were.”

The English is better here I think, here is the English:

[“It’s the same idea, yes. The Disciples’ blessings were much weaker, because there were a lot of them. Still, it makes them a lot more powerful than they originally were. I’d like to bless you all with protection, too, but I haven’t been awake long enough to wield that kind of power. Sorry about t[hat.”]

Skrimir:
“Ahhh…that was how they were able to stand against us.”

Yune:
“Poor souls… When they were turned back from stone, they probably thought they were the chosen ones or something. No one is good enough for her, though. Anybody who follows Ashera won’t stand a chance of surviving… When she’s done using them against us, they’ll all be stone creatures again.”

Sigrun:
“…”

Naesala:
“But if you think about it. If they have Ashera’s Blessing then couldn’t Lady Yune do the same for us? You know, like Yune’s Blessing or something?”

Yune:
“That’s a great idea. However I can’t do that right now. I’ve been asleep all this time… so I don’t have enough power to wield. Just give me a little more time. After that, I should be able to do it.”

Naesala:
“Please, try your best.”

Sothe:
“Micaiah! There you are!”

Yune:
“Oh, it’s her shadow again! I should go. If I have time I’ll come back and see you later. Good luck!”

Sothe:
“Micaiah?”

Micaiah:
“Unh… ! What?”

Naesala:
“Hey, glad to have you back. We should tell the other teams what happened here.”

Sothe:
“Hm?”

Micaiah:
“That’s right. We need to tell everybody that the Disciples of Order will try and obstruct our plans.”

Naesala:
“Leave that to me. I’ll have Leanne communicate to Reyson and Rafiel using telepathy.”

Micaiah:
“Alright, thanks.”

Sigrun:
“I must report to the Apostle as well. I beg your leave.”

Skrimir:
“I am going back to sleep. I dislike being awakened so early in the morning. Even if it is for battle. Yaaaaaaawn.”

Sothe:
“…Er, what just happened here?”

And lastly the Sothe-Micaiah dialogue:

Spoiler

Sothe and Micaiah speak alone)

Sothe:
“Yune was here again? I don’t like that she keeps taking over your body. She should stick to being that stupid bird.”

Micaiah:
“Birds can’t talk though…”

Sothe:
“I know! But still…”

Micaiah:
“Please don’t say mean things about her. She’s like an older sister to me.”

Sothe:
“Your older sister is a dark god?”

Micaiah:
“I finally understand now. Remember the voice that used to warn me about impending danger? That was Yune’s voice. I finally realized it this morning.”

Sothe:
“…But isn’t that strange? The dark god was still sleeping in the medallion before being released by your galldr of release. If that’s the case, how could she warn you about danger and fly around as a little bird?”

Micaiah:
“But… it’s the truth. Don’t forget that Yune is a goddess. It wouldn’t be at all surprising if she had powers that we couldn’t dream of. Even as she slept, she watched over us. Yune loves beorc and laguz with all her heart. I can feel it when she speaks through me.”

Sothe:
“Then why do people call her the dark god?”

Micaiah:
“I don’t know… But she doesn’t like that name. It hurts her when you call her that.”

Sothe:
“Sorry… I won’t call her that again.”

Yune:
“You mean it? Then I forgive you!”

Sothe:
“…Hey! Is that you, Yune?”

Yune:
“Sorry… I won’t call her that again.” Why can’t you be that nice with me?

Sothe:
“You’re not being nice either. Forget about bothering Micaiah… When I give you food, you never even look straight at me.”

Yune:
“Th-that’s because… To be honest… When I know Micaiah likes Sothe more than she likes me… It makes me a little jealous.”

Sothe:
“That’s not surprising. I’ve been together with Micaiah for a very long time. Yet, Micaiah still likes you Yune. Isn’t that true?”

Yune:
“Hmm, I suppose. Sothe, you’re a smarter child than I thought.”

Sothe:
“Did you just call me a “child”?”

Yune:
“I know that Micaiah needs you. That’s why I can’t let you die. Here, come closer to me.”

Sothe:
“Hey, what are you doing?”

Yune:
“Don’t be so jumpy. I’m giving you the power to protect Micaiah.”

(Sothe promotes to Whisper)

Sothe:
“Wow. Amazing… I feel incredible, like I could arm wrestle Skrimir.”

Yune:
“Good… Always stay by Micaiah’s side.”

Sothe:
“Yune?”

Micaiah:
“No, it’s me again. Disappointed?”

Sothe:
“Never.”

Micaiah:
“It really suits you. This costume.”

Sothe:
“Are you sure…?”

Micaiah:
“Mmm-hmm.”

Sothe:
“That silly Yune… But I do wish she had at least let me thank her.”

Micaiah:
“It just would have embarrassed her. You know, you two are very much alike. You’re both very stubborn.”

Sothe:
“How many times have I told you? Quit treating me like a child!”

[Note: The next few lines with Micaiah and Sothe were added for the English version]

Micaiah:
“I’m just teasing you, Sothe. Anyway, did you hear what the enemy said before the battle?”

Sothe:
“Yeah… They called out Lekain by name. No mistake about it. That means he’s still alive, and probably not petrified, since they said he was their leader. I suppose we’ll run across him once we get closer to the tower. That’ll be our big chance.”

Micaiah:
“Right. We must break the blood pact. No matter what it takes. Of course, our first goal is to save everyone from the goddess’s judgment. But we have to break the pact while they’re all stone. If we don’t, we may save the world, but still lose Daein.”

And oh yeah, the Sanaki-Sigrun end dialogue is slightly different with Sigrun saying more:

Spoiler

Sigrun:
“… We seem to have missed our chance to speak with her. What a remarkable girl. Lady Micaiah can hear the voice of the goddess Yune and learn of impending danger. She is much like you, Empress Sanaki. It looks like she is quite close to your age. I feel like you and her would make great friends. Please wait a moment, I’ll call her here.”

On the BK-Zelgius reveal, it's logical. Ranulf knows the BK would survive, the time for gathering evidence to confirm his hypothesis is past, and since he's leaving Ike's group, he feels the need to Ike- the one person who cares the most about the BK. All too often, RPG characters withhold information without good reason, Ranulf didn't do that for a change of pace. However, they could have made that scene a little more climatic if they did a cut away after the "It's about Zelgius". Ike would learn the BK's identity, but the player wouldn't get the reveal until Ike and the BK's final confrontation.

And, I guess Yune's sleep was different from Ashera's. Since Ashera was also asleep, but woke up with nuking powers. Yune being sealed in the Medallion must be different from Ashera sleeping in the Tower of Guidance.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And that Nihil is why I said to strip Ike of skills, I never knew what would happen if he didn't have enough capacity for it.

In EUR version at least, you are forced to deequip one of the skills, much like when promoting to 3rd tier without there being an empty skill slot for the Mastery. I don't remember if the skill scroll gets sent to the convoy or Ike's inventory, though. Now, what would happen if this happened when both Ike's inventory and the convoy are full as well is anyone's guess.

I would advice against giving Reyson Celerity just yet. On Ike's next map there will be someone that Rafiel can recruit, so it would be helpful if he could move more quickly. It's also an indoor map, so your mounts are going to have less movement as well.

On the subject of the current map, it's strange that the Boss of this map is a Pegasus Knight, yet Tanith does not have a boss conversation with her. Meanwhile she has special convos with every boss on the first route. I suspect that at one point a lot more characters were intended to be forced into specific teams but they ended up easing up on that since it became too limiting.

Edit: Elincia currently can't kill anything as long as she holds on to the Mercy skill.

Haar is actually the only unit who puts on a helmet upon promotion. Meg, Oscar, Gatrie, Tauroneo and Geoffrey all take their helmets off at third tier. Aran does not. He looks like a generic soldier for the entire game. And I don't actually know about Brom. I don't think I ever promoted him.

When you see Tibarn's army again, I would recommend to have Pelleas attack the boss. Given the content of that conversation maybe this one could actually be a trigger for Pelleas' Epilogue scene. But either way it contains some very interesting new story bits.

On the very next map it's hide and seek with Stefan like in the first game. There is also a ton of hidden treasure like on your usual desert map.

Edited by BrightBow

@Interdimensional Observer Thanks again for going through the extended script, it was an interesting read! I really like the extended scripts' version of Lekain's little speech before sending out the Disciples of Order. It's a small change, sure, but it makes him feel so much more like this 'cult of personality' type figure that he's supposed to be. It's still implied in the NA script that he's sort of like that, all the senators in fact, but it's nice to see him go about his business a bit more in the JP version. 

I also thought that change to Sigrun's reaction to the DoO was an interesting one. She seems a lot more hardcore in the NA version. While the PoR crew maybe don't need as much characterization, the new ones and the newly playable ones seem like they would have benefited a decent bit from the portions you've posted so far. I can't help but wonder if other characters are any different in the JP version?

Of course, like I almost always expect at this point, there's a lot of characters who get shafted a line or two in the NA script, and I still just wish they would have left it in. Does it matter that Elincia has a little bit to say before moving out? No, not really, but it's still nice to see how everyone is responding to this wildly outrageous situation, and the game could have only been stronger for including stuff like that. I will say that the absence isn't really noticeable until you're looking at the scripts side by side, except in rarer cases like Skrimir appearing in a scene that he never speaks in. 

@BrightBowI didn't process that, but you're right. You'd think Tanith would have something to say to Catalina, given that Tanith almost certainly would have trained her. I think it's very possible that there were originally going to be more locked characters, especially since someone like Tanith actually does have some boss conversations on Micaiah's side, and most of the Dawn Brigade as well. At least for 4-3, as someone was kind enough to mention on the video.

I'll definitely have to take Mercy off Elincia the next time I go to Tibarn's group. I'm glad that didn't come back to bite me lol

@KruggovThank you, I'll definitely have to give the Triangle Attack a try soon. With the convoy, I don't know for certain but I'm 99% sure the game would make you discard something if Ike went over capacity, had a full inventory, and had a full convoy. Kinda like how the game will make you discard stuff if you go over the item limit before you meet Aimee/Daniel/Jorge/Muston.

4-1

Spoiler

4-2

Spoiler

4-3

Spoiler

I'm gonna totally honest: a large part of why I haven't updated in a few days was because I was kind of waiting for something MAJOR to happen with the story. It never really did. There's plenty of side characters that get some spotlight, and some interesting things do get revealed, but only after 3 maps do I feel like there's anything really worth saying.

As for the maps 4-1 can go straight to hell. It's one thing to have a rout map, sure, but to then have totally nonsensical reinforcements, and top it off with fog of war is just...not fun haha. Needless to say, I didn't care for it. On a repeated playthrough maybe it isn't as bad, but I feel like a map should at least be good the first time, especially with FoW maps. The way it is now is just trial and error on whether or not you can find all the enemies before even more show up from any location they so choose.

4-2 is better, luckily. I had a good time taking out Valtome, and Fiona was FINALLY able to promote. At long last she's as good as I want her to be. Tibarn is a lot of fun to use, and the reinforcements here tended to be a bit more logical. Maybe it's because you can see the enemies initially and therefore plan around that, but I just feel like this map had a much better flow to it.

4-3 is just a desert map. Really, that's all I have to say about it. I do like that the game sort of nudges you towards using fliers on Micaiah's side, which is good when it comes time to do this map. With fliers, or mages I guess, this is pretty simple honestly. I did enjoy the feeling of ducking in and out of enemy ranges with an army of fliers abusing Canto to the fullest, so that was pretty fun if nothing else. Also Naesala is super broken with Resolve.

Again, the story bits were interesting, but they are spread a little thin throughout these three maps. Kurth's characterization was nice, and I appreciate how they handled Ashnard/Ameldha's relationship. I think the most interesting bits were in 4-3, where we got to learn more about Yune's origins, as well as give Sanaki a chance to overcome some of her self doubt. The Black Knight making another sudden appearance raises some questions as well. I appreciate the knowledge on these characters...but again I can't help but wish for a bit more action on the main plotline.

On 11/14/2017 at 6:53 PM, BrightBow said:

The Lion gauge reduces by only 2 for combat and 3 for each turn. The downside is that it also builds up slower. But that doesn't exactly matter, especially at this point. After all Olivi Grass is cheap and plentiful.

You must have different standards for "cheap" as I do, because I don't consider Olivi Grass cheap at all...

I always wondered if the reinforcements on this map were triggered by turncount or by progression. I suppose that proves that they are triggered by turncount because you managed to beat the map before the real reinforcements could arrive.

Anyway, make sure you have at least 3000 gold in reserve before you start the next map.

Oliver's return might well be what baffles me the most about this game. Keep in mind that this is the guy that Ike called a monster at least twice. So to see him played as harmless comic relief here is all kinds of weird to say the least.

Anyway, most characters have unique support quotes for Oliver. Like Ranulf for example:

You know, Duke Tanas, why don’t you keep close to me. I like to keep crazy where I can see it.

Unfortunately there is no additional information given about how Rafiel ended up on the other side of the desert. Keep in mind that nobody in Tellius knew what was behind that desert. As far as everyone was concerned, the people of Tellius were the only survivors of the great flood that the dark god caused. So even if someone had the power to send him there they had no reason to actually do so. So not only is there no explanation for this, there isn't even a possible explanation. At least as far as I can see.

Edited by BrightBow

I concur Part 4 is rather non-eventful until the Tower.  I can understand why, when 99% of people in the world have been stoned, it makes sense to a degree. You can't have those grand scale military conflicts you did in Part 3 and earlier. The side character stuff is helpful as compensation, if not enough by itself enough to counteract the dullness. I really like the Hawk Army's chats in particular.

I think 4-1 would be better in gameplay if reworked a little. Make the campsite on a more pronounced hill for a little height-mechanic fun and turn the battle into a survive for X turns, with Ena's death a game over for a defend element. The boss eventually moves out on their own accord, and some enemy Falcoknights will fly over, but not too many. Expand the area beyond the campsite a bit to the east and west, and add some torches beyond the campsite. The enemy will douse them, but you can relight them if you go beyond the chokes and take the offensive. That sounds better to me.

Almedha is in mourning if Pelleas died of course. She ends with a begging for forgiveness from Rajaion- since her affair with Ashnard is what killed him.

Also, there is an unused desert theme deep in RD data, it sounds out of place for RD being too Arabian in feel, no wonder they dropped it. RD has a bunch of unused music, including two versions of Tibarn's and Naesala's old PoR themes, which might be what King of the Sky and Wheeling Corby, their battle themes, are based on. Mist also has a remix of the Galdrar of Rebirth as her unused theme.

Talking about unused things, there is this totally unused CG in the game's data that would be perfect for the post-battle Sanaki scene. Why didn't they?:

Spoiler

fe10-sephiran-and-infant-sanaki-unused.png

On the topic of the Tower, the Tower of Guidance is the destination of all three teams as you well know by now. The Tower of Guidance is Part 4 Final, the end to RD. Now the Tower is a long climb- or in other words, it's multiple stages- like Chapter 17 in PoR and Chapter 1-6 in RD (I won't say how many). Once you're in the Tower, there is no pulling out. You'll be forced to bring several characters, but you'll obviously have room to select some units too. Make one of your selections Soren, since you've already gotten the A Ike and might as well go for what it gets you, which is in the Tower. The rest is up to you.

Spend all your money before you get inside as it'll be your last chance to shop. Strip everyone you're not going to bring of their skills and weapons and throw it all in the convoy. You can still access the convoy in a defiance of logic however. And, a couple fights in, you will regain access to some Base functions- namely Base Conversations,  BEXP distribution, support building, and skill assignment.

At certain point (the game makes it obvious when), equip all your Beorc with their best weapons- either an SS (don't worry if you don't have them all before entering the Tower), a Brave, or a Forged Silver for physical units, Amiti is an option for Elincia if you bring her. For magic users- give them an SS or siege tome, light users could equip Nosferatu too (but your Micaiah is too slow to Nostank for you)- but do not equip a Staff. I won't tell you why you should do this, you'll see why.

The individual battles in the Tower aren't super long thankfully, and given your style, you could chop through them rather quickly. However the Tower is packed with revelations and drama between each fight. If possible to maintain the drama and the thrill, try to complete the entire Tower of Guidance in one gameplay sitting (break it up into multiple videos for our watching though). You might want to take care of prep work before entering the Tower in a separate video and gameplay sitting just to make things easier on yourself.

One last hint. When in the tower you see a friend, spare them the bitter end. And also the person two spaces to their right. They bite, but won't move. Your mercy will be rewarded in both gameplay and story expose.

Oh wait! One more thing, the Tower has juicy boss conversations if you wanted them all, the team to field is:

Spoiler

Haar, Astrid, Jill, Naesala, Tibarn, Oliver, Nailah, Sigrun, Tanith, and Pelleas.

Caineghis gets one too, and so does Elincia vs. the same boss. Unfortunately you can't bring all these chars into the Tower at once. But there is always SF for when you're finished, you can look up the convos then.

Nailah, Naesala, and Haar get the best if you ask me.

Don't forget the forced characters, they call get boss convos too!

3 hours ago, BrightBow said:

Oliver's return might well be what baffles me the most about this game. Keep in mind that this is the guy that Ike called a monster at least twice. So to see him played as harmless comic relief here is all kinds of weird to say the least.

Anyway, most characters have unique support quotes for Oliver. Like Ranulf for example:

In Fire Emblem games, if a bad guy wants to help you out, you recruit them. That's essentially what the series about. Build an army, trust everybody!

There is no reason not to accept his support when the world is at stake so I don't see why it is weird.  

Speaking of Oliver support conversations, look at what Micaiah says to him in her A rank conversation. 

Duke Tanas… I know everybody thinks you’re horrible because of what you’ve done in the past. But not me! I think you just need different hobbies! I’d be glad to model for a sculpture when this is all over.

Is Micaiah going to become a model for the creep after this game is over? I won't spoil you Deltre.

Edited by Icelerate