Awakening children vs. Fates children

Firewing270

Idk if this has been done before but let's go

Say, theoretically, the children characters of both these games were to face off in a battle. Which side would win?

Now obviously there are many factors that could change the tide of battle, for example.

1. Fathers/Mothers (Awakening/Fates respectively)

2. Class Options

3. Skills

4. Dlc/No Dlc

5. The fucking avatars *sigh*

6. Are the children paired or not?

To make this simple, let's say this

1. Remove the non-tied parent from the equation. This makes things simpler because no one wants to spend hours on numbers and class pools

2. Children's final class will be their "canon class" as follows

Great Lord - Lucina

Hoshido Noble- Kana F

Nohr Noble- Kana M

Grandmaster- Morgan M/F

Hero - Inigo, Severa, Soleil

Sorc - Ophelia 

Sage- Laurant, Rajhat 

War Monk- Brady

Wyvern Lord- Gerome, Percy

Falcon Knight- Cynthia, Shigure,  Caeldori 

General- Kjelle, Ignatius 

Sniper- Noire, Kiragi

Spear Master- Shiro

Strategist- Forrest

Butler- Dwyer

Beast Classes- Yarne,  Selkie, Velouria 

Manakete- Nah

Master Ninja- Asugi

Merchant- Midori

Paladin- Sophie, Seigbert

Adventurer- Nina

For the most part, these give each character a unique model, or are either implied or stated directly at some point. Both Kana's were picked randomly because fuck. 

I was originally planning on allowing reclasses to gain skills, but that allows more options than anyone wants to count, so we'll be sticking to just the four skills (Rip luna, galeforce, rend heaven, quixotic, etc.)

3 Avatars will be granted no boon/banes to make things less complicated (Fates' talent is irrelevent as reclassing is not allowed)

4. This fight will be played with no supports, and pair ups don't exist. The personal skills of fates will apply as well

5. Dlc is not allowed 

I personally am going to have to side with awakening. Even with the numbers/personal skill disadvantage, almost all of the kids are good one way or another. Lucina with Aether and rightful king, not one but two Morgan's, and units like Severa and Inigo really stand out. Imo the only stand out characters from fates are Shiro and Ophelia. The other ones are decent at best (Percy, Soleil, Seigbert) and some are kinda trashy (Dwyer, Forrest, Kana) Of course they'll become great once you factor in the other parent, however they're irrelevant for this test. 

So thats basically it. Which side would win in your opinion?

Awakening, the children are pretty strong at base and if we compare caps, Awakening ends out winning due to their stats being slightly higher minimum them having higher hp caps (since Awakening it was 80 and Fates has it cap around 60, not like any of the children could reach those caps but it's something to note) Fates does have more Children, so maybe slight advantage in numbers, but the Awakening children are just more powerful overall. This can be compared to their origin due to the apocalypse they survived while Fates just have training and maybe a battle or two under their belts due to them leaving the outrealms. Also Lucina could probably carry the awakening team alone using plot armor.

I think you're selling the Fates kids a little too short here. Numbers actually DO play quite a factor here in terms of sheer manpower, provided that everything else is on a leveled playing field, such as a universal stat cap between them. Because otherwise, its kind of a "no shit" answer to which side wins, if one side has the statistical advantage (assuming that every unit is at their max) due to their higher cap.

If one had all the Fates children and all the Awakening children I think probably the Fates children would win due to the following reasons.

1) More unit variety compared to Awakenings 1 Mage- 2 Mercs- 1 Wyvern- 1 Archer- 1 Pegasus- 1 Myrmidon -1 Priest- 1 Beast Shifter- 1 Manakete and 1 lord. Fates has the advantage of both numbers and variety in units. Fates' children cover just about every class type available while Awakening's are still missing a few classes. Fates has 2 Troubadours- 1 Dragon Shifter- 2 Pegasai Riders- 2 Cavaliers- 1 Wyvern Rider- 1 Apothecary- 1 Outlaw- 1 Archer- 1 Ninja- 2 Mages- 1 Armor Knight- 2 Beast Shifters- 1 Myrmidon- 1 Priestess and 1 Lance Fighter.

2) In some cases a better equivalent. For example I would wager that Velouria is a better unit that Yarne, not only does she have more skills in her  class line but I think she has better stats as well. Now on the flipside I consider Gerome a better unit than Percy, (I also like Gerome more, but that's neither here nor there) also on the flipside I think Nah would win over Kana especially on a dragonform vs dragonform fight.

3) This is where it gets tricky. On the one hand it is very possible if one grinds the parents to recruit the kids with max stats, whereas I don't think the same can be done in Fates. Also units in Awakening can level up infinitely. On the other hand, technically units can level up to 99, so if we assume that in fairness that stat caps are the same for similar units than because of the 99 level cap. Stats are probably going to be similar even though Awakening has limitless level ups at their bestowal.

Ultimately I would say the Fates kids would probably win, because they have the advantage of 1Numbers 2) More unit variety 3) More mounted units including 2 mounted healers. However I think it's fair to point out that this exercise would have a few weird set ups for instance Soleil fighting Inigo, in other words Soleil would be fighting her father. That would certainly lessen at least her morale. But Gerome would kick everybody's ass, except Velourie's that would be a stalemate.

I mean, Inigo and Owain have the potential to recruit Soleil and Ophelia which'd probably even the numbers a little, plus the Awakening kids are more likely to enter survival mode, given their background. The slight problems I can see, however are the numbers of Fates' Children and the fact that they had access to better training, and if we're going by game mechanics, better equipment. On the other hand, Morgan's strategic influence would be a MASSIVE boon for Awakening's kids.

Of course I'm saying this without sleep, so I can't say this is super useful information.

10 hours ago, Light Strategist said:

I mean, Inigo and Owain have the potential to recruit Soleil and Ophelia which'd probably even the numbers a little, plus the Awakening kids are more likely to enter survival mode, given their background. The slight problems I can see, however are the numbers of Fates' Children and the fact that they had access to better training, and if we're going by game mechanics, better equipment. On the other hand, Morgan's strategic influence would be a MASSIVE boon for Awakening's kids.

Of course I'm saying this without sleep, so I can't say this is super useful information.

I made this under the assumption that this would be gameplay-based only but that's a fun idea to think of actually. However Owain and Inigo would not be able to recruit their respective children as in their timeline they kinda don't exist

Awakening has statwall but fates can stack way higher on a small number of stats at full invest. Fates has silence/hexing/freeze/entrap/rescue staves for map control. Awakening has mire/rescue.

Had a lot typed. It all boils down to Map control + better offences > statwall under any given ruleset. Fates wins.

Edit: Seriously though there's a finite pool of viable builds... stop with the reclass bans.

Also non-trust procstack is bad in fates. Assuming every single attack procs you get less average damage/accuracy than raw damagestack by expending more skillslots, and you get laughably low spike damage compares to a raw damagestack +1 proc build while expending a greater number of skillslots. No. Bad. Stop.

Edited by joshcja

Main game wise Awakening have a higher ceiling but WAYYY lower floor but they probably win

The strongest of children in Awakening is Morgan who is easilly one of the most broken unit in the series. The lowest of children in Awakening is the likes of Gerome who is so bad he's the worst of his class in the series and easilly makes it to the worst unit in the series overall. Fates Children is mainly utility or "clone of their parents" so their worst isn't even a quarter as bad as Gerome.

That said at maximum potential Fate curbstomps

Mainly because nothing in Awakening is as overpowered as Fates Falcon Knight. The strongest thing in Awakening was Rescue Staff Falcon Knight. Even though Rescue Knight Falcon Knight with full map range is broken its not on the level of locking you down, reducing your stats by 4, and moving you away from your teammates.

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner