Are FEH's later maps unfair

Greencapps

7 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I mean, Brave Lyn has only one "weakness", which is Raven-tome users

Initiate combat against her with any player-phase unit and she dies. Literally any Brave weapon user kills her without fear of retaliation.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brave Lyn actually had shit tons of workable counter even now. You can use fucking Clive to counter her, and Innes and Klein is a very good choice as well. She's actually a really good teaching point on how to work around coverage range

Anyway, no this game isn't really unfair. The amount of Orbs we get and the low roll bar of this game is WAY to high. Let me remind you one of the most memetic bad pull in the game right now is Odin who utterly breaks the game when you pull him.

Yes, i will admit FEH is REALLY BAD at giving usable skills at affordable level(Bike A slot is BY FAR the best A slot in the game that 80% of units in this game had that as BIS) but you had a whole variety of skills you can invest as an alternative like Fury and LnD.

The only thing i would complaint about in this game atm is the lack of easy access to Brave Archer, when its one of the strongest build in the entire game that have a ridiculous ranges of usage on par with Dancer. We get the chasis sure(Virion), but to get Gordin or Klein you need to go to hell and back and thats before putting 40k feather investment to full potential them. Like I can't stress enough how much difference a Brave Archers does to your unit pool. Also i guess having another Dancer is a big deal too, but at that point your asking for too much since Olivia is already the perfect dancer from the get go

As for BLyn, Mulagir is trash and i'm glad IS give her that weapon as her base.

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Brave Lyn actually had shit tons of workable counter even now. You can use fucking Clive to counter her, and Innes and Klein is a very good choice as well. She's actually a really good teaching point on how to work around coverage range

Anyway, no this game isn't really unfair. The amount of Orbs we get and the low roll bar of this game is WAY to high. Let me remind you one of the most memetic bad pull in the game right now is Odin who utterly breaks the game when you pull him.

Yes, i will admit FEH is REALLY BAD at giving usable skills at affordable level(Bike A slot is BY FAR the best A slot in the game that 80% of units in this game had that as BIS) but you had a whole variety of skills you can invest as an alternative like Fury and LnD.

The only thing i would complaint about in this game atm is the lack of easy access to Brave Archer, when its one of the strongest build in the entire game that have a ridiculous ranges of usage on par with Dancer. We get the chasis sure(Virion), but to get Gordin or Klein you need to go to hell and back and thats before putting 40k feather investment to full potential them. Like I can't stress enough how much difference a Brave Archers does to your unit pool. Also i guess having another Dancer is a big deal too, but at that point your asking for too much since Olivia is already the perfect dancer from the get go

As for BLyn, Mulagir is trash and i'm glad IS give her that weapon as her base.

Mulagir is not trash. It is designed to counter cavalry and flier Blade mages. Obviously with her stat spread, most players choose to build her offensively with a Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow build, but she is perfectly capable of soloing blade pony teams in one round with some modifications to her default skill set and a little support.

I think some people are REALLY overstating this Brave Lyn, 'weakness' fiasco. That isn't to say she doesn't have other weaknesses apart from -Raven tomes, but it doesn't change the fact that Brave Lyn (and Reinhardt) are extremely oppressive. Obviously Intelligence System has taken note and tried to address the balance issues (full buff blade tomes, death blow + brave users, etc) and we can see this through Divine Naga/Crusader's Ward. Really, it just seems like user damage control which makes no sense balancing issues (particularly with older units being phased out which we can slowly see happening to more and more older units), powercreep and the like are all natural progressions of gacha games.

The game doesn't come close to be unfair, but some people are really reaching with the argument regarding units like Brave Lyn and Reinhardt.

58 minutes ago, XRay said:

Mulagir is not trash. It is designed to counter cavalry and flier Blade mages. Obviously with her stat spread, most players choose to build her offensively with a Brave Bow or Firesweep Bow build, but she is perfectly capable of soloing blade pony teams in one round with some modifications to her default skill set and a little support.

i mean that along the lines of it making frs bow rarer, making her overall threat level lower than BCord(who have even trashier weapon that shes bound to have one of the other of the 2 good bows)

2 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I think some people are REALLY overstating this Brave Lyn, 'weakness' fiasco. That isn't to say she doesn't have other weaknesses apart from -Raven tomes, but it doesn't change the fact that Brave Lyn (and Reinhardt) are extremely oppressive. Obviously Intelligence System has taken note and tried to address the balance issues (full buff blade tomes, death blow + brave users, etc) and we can see this through Divine Naga/Crusader's Ward. Really, it just seems like user damage control which makes no sense balancing issues (particularly with older units being phased out which we can slowly see happening to more and more older units), powercreep and the like are all natural progressions of gacha games.

The game doesn't come close to be unfair, but some people are really reaching with the argument regarding units like Brave Lyn and Reinhardt.

"Wow, very creative" I say as I fight my thirtieth arena match in a row against Brave Lyn/Reinhardt/Brave Ike/Azura. 

17 hours ago, Hilda said:

tbh Black Knight is currently underrated because there arent enough merges for him viable a +10 Black Knight with Wrath 3, Steady Breath and Deflect magic 3 in Arena would be my nightmare lol, i wouldnt know with what to tackle him without getting the unit killed on counterattack orz ._. ecxept with a fully buffed Litreblade user

Hector has become a footnote imho. He is still good, but he is really not that scary as he was once the game launched, there are an abundance of Counters to him available, just follow the simple rule of not attacking him but letting him you attack

I think it's hilarious that people aren't using Black Knight because he can only be +1 merged.  +10 gives a good stat boost but it's hardly game-breaking, in my opinion at least.  Now, with the addition of upgraded Sacred Seals to go along with ally buffs, you can buff up any stat to very good levels without merges. Maybe if someone started a +10 Top 100 Rank thread I could understand. 

2 hours ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I think what the other poasters were saying is that, when you're up against her, she's a pretty mediocre unit on your player phase due to having low defense, and Brave Bow doesn't have much utility for counterattaqing.  But unless you take out both Reinhardt and B! Lyn on the same turn, you're probably losing a unit, which is obviously a fate worse than death.  So I agree with you that they are extrememly oppressive, especially in Arena Assault.

2 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

I think it's hilarious that people aren't using Black Knight because he can only be +1 merged.  +10 gives a good stat boost but it's hardly game-breaking, in my opinion at least.  Now, with the addition of upgraded Sacred Seals to go along with ally buffs, you can buff up any stat to very good levels without merges. Maybe if someone started a +10 Top 100 Rank thread I could understand. 

He is not viable for me because currently i am runnign nearly all +10 units in Arena and BK wouldnt be able to keep up much there against all units (he will do fine as counter pick in Arena Assault because i can see all the other units there and built a Team around countering)

The only time I've really felt the game was being unfair (and not just difficult) was when I had to wade through these nonsense endurance maps with unkillable units and the timed maps during the lunatic chain challenges... at the very least, they should have removed the Embla's Ward buff for the chain challenges, and even better yet just flat-out turn these maps into regular battles.

They were a very nice change of pace and strategic addition in regular play, but in chain challenges where resource management is emphasized so much, having to get through several extra hoops for these bullshit scenarios was incredibly frustrating.

On 10/15/2017 at 8:22 AM, Charmeleonbrah said:

The reason why the Black Knight isn't used at the top of the Arena is that his inability to be merged above +1 simply prevents you from scoring higher. Most players at the top of the Arena are using teams that are all highly merged, and using a unit at a lower merge decreases your score.

Furthermore, when all of your opponents are merged to +10, it becomes difficult for less merged units to keep up in damage output or tanking ability due to the simple numerical disadvantage.

19 minutes ago, Nightmayre said:

at the very least, they should have removed the Embla's Ward buff for the chain challenges, and even better yet just flat-out turn these maps into regular battles.

The point of Embla's Ward is to force you to defend for the entire map duration. If the unit moves, then it means you need to either have a plan to move out of the way or tank the unit for enough turns.

Basically, it forces you to play outside of your comfort zone if you are used to simply sweeping the field.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The point of Embla's Ward is to force you to defend for the entire map duration. If the unit moves, then it means you need to either have a plan to move out of the way or tank the unit for enough turns.

Basically, it forces you to play outside of your comfort zone if you are used to simply sweeping the field.

Oh no, I fully understand that. I actually enjoyed those story chapters, as they were a refreshing change of pace compared to the usual. Building one team with the purpose of winning an endurance match is not a hard task.

It's when they are mixed in with the inherent challenge of an endurance run like the Chain Challenges, that I feel they get too oppressive. You'll have to build a team that can sweep the earlier maps AND survive the endurance battle(s)... it requires a narrow balance that significantly blows a great variety of team options away, forcing you down to a bare few choices - choices which, depending on your roster, may be hard to build effectively.

52 minutes ago, Nightmayre said:

It's when they are mixed in with the inherent challenge of an endurance run like the Chain Challenges, that I feel they get too oppressive. You'll have to build a team that can sweep the earlier maps AND survive the endurance battle(s)... it requires a narrow balance that significantly blows a great variety of team options away, forcing you down to a bare few choices - choices which, depending on your roster, may be hard to build effectively.

The chain challenges allow multiple teams. Also, it is an end game challenge designed for people who have been playing since Feb and have multiple teams.