Grape-Kun has Passed Away

Captain Karnage

if you recall that earlier this year we heard a little story of a little penguin whose love had died earlier in the year.

if you remember the zoo had put in cardboard cut-outs of characters from an anime, and he had adopted his little cardboard cutout waifu

he will be missed

At first I didn't know who you were talking about, but now I totally remember.

The lovers are reunited in the afterlife! ...He did have a mate before the cardboard anime girl, right? Because all I remember is that he attached to the cutout, I think this the first time I heard about him ever having another love. 

Godspeed, little fella... :(

Edited by Dragoncat

On 10/13/2017 at 5:47 AM, Dragoncat said:

The lovers are reunited in the afterlife! ...He did have a mate before the cardboard anime girl, right? Because all I remember is that he attached to the cutout, I think this the first time I heard about him ever having another love.

He did! I wonder if finding a new mate after another mate passes away is typical penguin behavior.

Rest in piece Grape-kun.

• 3 weeks later...

The story of Grape-kun is sad. In Humboldt penguin society, mated couples usually stay together for their entire lives. However, his mate for 10 years left him for a younger, stronger penguin and they have a lot of child together. Not only that, Grape-kun has to live in the same pen with them. His wife didnt die, she left him for another guy. The worse is adulterous Humboldt penguins are often ejected from their flock. Mysteriously, in the case of Grape-kun, the opposite occurred; Grape-kun himself became estranged from the flock while the adulterous couple were accepted!

He is old by penguin standard, about 80 years old in human age and has been suffered depression for a while, from both losing his mate and being rejected from the flock. He is so old that he has to be careful when stepping to the water edge to swim or he may slips and actually drown! He cant just jump into water like when he was young. Thing changed a little better for him when he saw Hululu cutout. Then he died.

Another thing is his only child with his ex-mate was sent to another zoo. He has never have a chance to even see the child. Note that penguin is very protective and caring to egg and children. This caused a huge grief for the couple and probably what made their relationship went bad.

Edited by Magical CC