TESTERS WANTED! Final test of this hack!

MrNight48

On 3/23/2018 at 12:55 PM, Chaz said:

a lot of it was trial and error on figuring out which tile did what and after that it was pretty easy to avoid all the bad tiles and make it to the exit. I didnt even need all 5 uses of the light rune. just 1 was enough to trap him to prevent him from catching me to get to the exit.it took me 30 turns on my successful attempt to clear this. Never did find which dude had the chest key for the item in the chest.

Edit: did a few more play tests to see if i could get to all the bodies and chest. really not to hard at all to grab everything.

image.png.82430a5fb4aaefa4799e5578d2b421b4.png
inventory ended like this after 38 turns.

I died to the traps a lot at the start. some of the back flash scenes are way out of the way to watch. wastes too many turns to get those.

Nice. That is actually what I expected. 

- Would you say the chapter is fair and reasonable or I went overboard with the traps? 

- I know it wastes turns but would you say getting all the story tiles had a reasonable amount of time or would like a bit more turns?

- Does the chapter work and do not mind replaying or is still missing something? 

Again thanks. 

for the traps, its pretty fair. not too many to overwhelm but enough to make the player pay attention. 

To get all the loot and story tiles would problaly take about 50-60 turns or so. backtracking the story tiles caused me to run into Midas a lot.

I would make it where the dead ends where the story tiles end at have a way to go or change Midas move to 3-4 or make him move every other turn so grabbing all the story is possible without getting caught so easily. I couldn't get all the story and loot without him catching me.

On 3/29/2018 at 8:14 PM, Chaz said:

for the traps, its pretty fair. not too many to overwhelm but enough to make the player pay attention. 

To get all the loot and story tiles would problaly take about 50-60 turns or so. backtracking the story tiles caused me to run into Midas a lot.

I would make it where the dead ends where the story tiles end at have a way to go or change Midas move to 3-4 or make him move every other turn so grabbing all the story is possible without getting caught so easily. I couldn't get all the story and loot without him catching me.

Interesting, I feared he was too non-aggressive cause his AI only attacks 80% of the time. Will play around with it. 

My last question is did you ever notice the maze changing? 

• MrNight48 changed the title to TESTERS WANTED! Final test of this hack!

Ragefest Gaiden

Final demo, not much changes but just needs to be tested one last time before I ship it off.

This is my last submission to the contest. I so over this and want this to be over. So only 2 chapters instead of 3 like I planned. For all the testers I will give them credit in game before I ship this off. If you do not want to be mentioned let me know. 

Edited by MrNight48