Holy war banner

JDtheBA

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How cool would it be if Deirdre is the one dropped to 4-5 star rarity, giving Quick Riposte 3 as a 4 star. I'm also super stoked that Close Def is finally in the non seasonal summoning pool, though I expect it to become a seal pretty soon.

Taitu, or however they want us to spell it now, what a weird choice for a third unit. I guess I'm glad the third wasn't Ayra like I predicted. Now people can pull for Sigurd in peace. The fact that it's just three units is really the only thing I can fault this banner for.

Sigurd and Deirdre look beautiful. I. Can't. Even. It does really suck that there's only 3 of them, but at the very least Sigurd gets a full kit (-assist). Neat! I'm not going to pull religiously from this banner. I'm trying as hard as possible to save up a couple hundred orbs just in case someone I have to have comes along. But dang....that art alone makes me want them. 

Oh boy here we go

I love how the trailer for my favourite FE game/universe comes out at my birthday, thanks IS that was a really nice suprise in the morning ^^

Now I just hope that my 110 orbs are enough for all 3 characters (considering my luck with the last few banners I pulled from... yeah no). Surprised to see Tiltyu here to be honest but I love using her in Genealogy so no complaints from me. 

I've taken good care of your children Sigurd and Deidre... now come home pls 

Sigurd marks the first non-CYL, summonable unit to have a full set of skills and an exclusive one at that, Crusader's Ward. The Black Knight marked the first non-CYL unit who had an exclusive skill, Black Luna. His skills and Divine Tyrfing's effect make me feel like Berkut would be really jealous since if Sigurd was a lance cavalier. Sigurd's seems like he's going to be a good all-around tank; Divine Tyrfing lowers the damage he takes from magic, Close Def improves his physical defense, Crusader's Ward lowers damage from all consecutive ranged attacks, and he has Miracle on top of all that. Grant George voicing Sigurd is very appropriate. He really is a warrior of light.

At this point, Seliph's Tyrfing (and Takumi's Fujin Yumi for that matter) really should be changed. It's like a broken sword compared to Divine Tyrfing. Something as simple as "Grants +3 Def. Grants +2 Def/Res when this unit is attacked" would be better than "Grants +4 Def in battle if unit's HP <= 50%" which is terrible compared to Geirskogul's flat +3 defense and its Drive Atk/Spd 2 for physical damage allies or Vidofnir despite it being selective against who it grants Tana +7 defense to, axes, lances, and swords. Other people would be asking for Binding Blade, Eckesachs, Folkvangr, etc. to be buffed or changed, but I feel like it's only Fujin Yumi and Tyrfing that should be changed. At least Alfonse hits hard with his default Death Blow and 35 base attack; Folkvangr just makes him hit harder when he's half dead. If Seliph's defense was much higher, then being even more physically tanky when he's half dead would be all right, but he's not when most of his physical bulk is in his high 47 HP and could have been higher 30 defense. Fujin Yumi's built-in Pass 2 might have been more useful if Takumi was a bow knight so he could abuse 3 movement and murder a squishy unit making him even more annoying, but he's not. Being able to walk on forests without a terrain penalty wouldn't be that bad or busted.

With Deirdre and Tailtiu, I thought Deirdre would have had Miracle and Renewal as her skills. She doesn't, but whatever. Tailtiu is our first mage to be introduced with a -blade tome. Poor Thoron+. Also, she apparently she has Wrath in FE4 which she doesn't have in Heroes.

The three new heroes are awesome, but I kind of only want Deirdre despite Sigurd being obviously a good choice considering his weapon and skills. I don't really have a high resistance green mage other than a -Res Sonya and a =Res Soren, so having someone with +30 resistance would be nice. Cue Julia plopping down and being confused as usual.

Anyway, I wonder if Ayra would make sense for a GHB rather than a TT. I checked her wiki entry and you can actually fight her? I wonder what weapon and skills she'll get other than Astra and being royally screwed if they slap Silver Sword on her and she ends up like Navarre who exists.

Edited by Kaden

This was expected, though I wanted Cuan and Ethlyn as well. Shame.

Tiltyu is reliant on her bases to be good for certain. We'll see. She's a source for Blarblade though, and likely will be 4-5*.

Deirdre ignores direct buffs and of course wrecks dragons. She's pretty good for tanking enemy mages and can slow them down too if her Res is good enough.

Sigurd straight up laughs at magic and Close Def means that Bows and Daggers might be the best bet against him. Watch his Spd suck now. Alright, he might just be the beastly tank to remove Xander from relevance (for me at least)

We'll see about Ayra anyway. I can say Sigurd and Deirdre would be great, especially as I could use more things to beat Rein and Sword cavs.

Edited by Dayni

5 minutes ago, Dayni said:

This was expected, though I wanted Cuan and Ethlyn as well. Shame.

Tiltyu is reliant on her bases to be good for certain. We'll see. She's a source for Blarblade though, and likely will be 4-5*.

Deirdre ignores direct buffs and of course wrecks dragons. She's pretty good for tanking enemy mages and can slow them down too if her Res is good enough.

Sigurd straight up laughs at magic and Close Def means that Bows and Daggers might be the best bet against him. Watch his Spd suck now.

We'll see about Ayra anyway. I can say Sigurd and Deirdre would be great, especially as I could use more things to beat Rein and Sword cavs.

not really his B Skills also effects Bow and Dagger users, basicly anything that attacks from 2 range. But he will prolly have bad defense makeing Bow users still work (i left Dagger users out because there is currently no saving them)

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

not really his B Skills also effects Bow and Dagger users, basicly anything that attacks from 2 range. But he will prolly have bad defense makeing Bow users still work (i left Dagger users out because there is currently no saving them)

Apologies, I already edited when I read an earlier comment over again.

Stupid me.

Sigurd with a Distant Def seal would be hilarious. +6 Def/Res when attacked at all ranges, 50% damage reduction from a mage's first attack, and 80% damage reduction from consecutive ranged attacks. Alternatively, Deflect Melee or an eventual Close Def seal for +12 Def/Res when attacked at 1-range. The easiest way to kill him would probably be having him attack a lance or sword unit (with Ridersbane/Zanbato) or a blue or red dragon rather than attacking him.

42 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Sigurd with a Distant Def seal would be hilarious. +6 Def/Res when attacked at all ranges, 50% damage reduction from a mage's first attack, and 80% damage reduction from consecutive ranged attacks. Alternatively, Deflect Melee or an eventual Close Def seal for +12 Def/Res when attacked at 1-range. The easiest way to kill him would probably be having him attack a lance or sword unit (with Ridersbane/Zanbato) or a blue or red dragon rather than attacking him.

So, Sully?  Sapphire Lance + Swordbreaker is absolute overkill on most swordies.  We'll have to see what Sigurd looks like.  I suspect he'll be nearly as busted as his FE4 incarnation.

Sigurd is broken. Seriously... there is no ORKO'ing him with mages, not even blue ones. Attacking him isn't the best idea either, he HAS to come to you... Terrified to think of what would happen if this guy got Distant Counter.

As for the banner. I'm on the fence, Talitiu is probably going to have world rocking stats and Deidre is probably a better Julia but I'm actually not that interested in the banner. Might just keep trying on the dancer banner honestly. We'll see.

1 minute ago, Clogon said:

Pretty sure it only affects dragons just like B!Ike's skill.

Yeah, it looks exactly like what Beorc’s Blessing looked before the tooltip clarification.

“If the foe is a dragon, ignore field buffs”

41 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Losing Close Defense makes it easier for mages to kill him? What?

If he retaliates, the mages’ attacks aren’t consecutive anymore.

Edited by Vaximillian

Thoughts:

Talitiu's art looks pretty nice. As a unit, she seems to be worse Linde but meh. That won't really bother me if i pull her.

Deirdre's literally a better Julia.

Sigurd's skillset looks amazing. Basically a more broken Seliph for Horse Emblem. That skillset is too good now if only he was good in the character department.

Ayra was seen in the trailer and she'll likely be a Tempest Reward. Good. I like Ayra. But if she is a Tempest Reward, then that asks the question: why the fuck are all Tempest Rewards Red Swords except for Clive?

I won't be pulling from this banner. Not because i have an anti-FE4 bias (besides, i could just not pull Reds) but because i still haven't pulled PreformingArts!Azura yet.