Holy war banner

JDtheBA

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh, I'm conflicted. I want Tailtiu the most but she's the one that's most likely to drop to four stars. Sigurd is my fifth favorite lord but I really don't need another horse sword. I love Genealogy so it feels very weird to say this, but maybe this will be the first time I skip a banner since Celica's debut...

1 hour ago, Clogon said:

Pretty sure it only affects dragons just like B!Ike's skill only affecting Cavalry.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Yeah, it looks exactly like what Beorc’s Blessing looked before the tooltip clarification.

“If the foe is a dragon, ignore field buffs”

The Japanese says otherwise.

"竜特効" is standard wording in Fire Emblem for "deals effective damage against dragons", which is very, very different from Beorc's Blessing's "敵が騎馬、飛行の時", which reads "when the opponent is cavalry or flying".

Not to mention there is a space instead of a comma between "竜特効" and the text that follows, which indicates the start of a new sentence.

Tiltyu's art isn't really doing anything for me. It feels kind of... stiff, I guess? It's also a bit lacking in the cute department.

Diadora's art is gorgeous, though. I wouldn't mind having an army of her. Also huge props for them getting Inoue Kikuko to voice her.

Sigurd's art is also really nice. I hope he has the base stats to fulfill the role his default skills want him to fill.

I'll probably try for two copies or so of Tiltyu and Sigurd, then put the rest of my orbs into green for Diadora. I still wouldn't mind getting spooked by Amelia or Ike, though. More copies of them are welcome for a long time to come.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Japanese says otherwise.

"竜特効" is standard wording in Fire Emblem for "deals effective damage against dragons", which is very, very different from Beorc's Blessing's "敵が騎馬、飛行の時", which reads "when the opponent is cavalry or flying".

Not to mention there is a space instead of a comma between "竜特効" and the text that follows, which indicates the start of a new sentence.

Damn it.

I figured that the anti-dragon properties are already stated in the “effective” bullet, the text itself is fully about the weapon’s additional properties.

So Naga+ is an anti-all-buff tome too?

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Damn it.

I figured that the anti-dragon properties are already stated in the “effective” bullet, the text itself is fully about the weapon’s additional properties.

So Naga+ is an anti-all-buff tome too?

Every weapon with effective damage has both the icons and text making damned sure even someone new to the series understands what those icons mean.

Divine Naga negates all positive field buffs on the opponent (the Japanese text makes sure to specifically say "positive bonuses", albeit with shorthand, instead of "bonuses" because Panicked buffs are still under the "bonuses" category in the UI).

YES! THANK GOD I SAW THIS JUST NOW! I was about to go for another batch of dragons that I'm missing but now that I know we're getting more Holy War characters? I'm going to grind some story missions that I have left in the hopes of getting Sigurd or Tailtiu. Deirdre is also fine but I prefer those two but god I'm just really happy that this is happening right now!

Edited by Hekselka

While Sigurd is looking good, I'm not treading into red hell for him unless his stats wind up being obscenely good.  I have enough red sword lords, even ones on horseback, that I can make do without.  Highest hype for possible free TT Ayra though.  I was worried I'd have to venture into red hell for her, but if I can get her for free then I only really have to potentially worry about Larcei.

@Vaximillian @Clogon True dat, I should stop posting after waking up and barely glancing over the new content, then I might avoid useless remarks.

Now it's time to wait for the stats, though I won't pull on this one, this month was gruesome with the tempting banners and I don't want powercreep Julia nor another scum horse. I'll continue pulling for dancers after the dragons, I guess.

Sigurd is looking great. Gonna try to get him.

Eh for the women. Neither of them ever interested me. Happy Ayra looks to be a TT reward.

Really peeved at the stupid three person banner again, though. It's not like they're running out of units, particularly with the amount of seasonals they do now -.-

57 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Also, did anyone else notice the irony of Sigurd having Miracle as a skill.

...Somewhat. Tyrfing has Miracle in Genealogy as a skill.

Now, if he had Rising Flame or something like that I'd laugh.

Dang it, this is like the Crimea banner. I should be more excited but Tailtiu is very unexpected and it's only three characters for some reason. :( Sucks to have waited so long for more Jugdral and that's it. I guess Ayra and Arvis are coming but where is my Lewyn? D:

Hopefully we get RD next and after that FE5 to make up for it.

Anyway I will be pulling for all three, mainly want Sigurd and Deirdre though.

4 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

I'm sure Sigurd will disown his son considering how much worse his weapon is.

New heroes look cool, but what is up with these 3 unit banners?

If FE4 is ever remade, I'm sure Seliph can have the 'Crusader' Tyrfing or something.

But yeah Sigurd's weapon makes Seliph's Tyrfing look like a broken sword bought from a pawn shop. Maybe Seliph can 'repair' it some day :lol:

7 minutes ago, Dayni said:

...Somewhat. Tyrfing has Miracle in Genealogy as a skill.

Now, if he had Rising Flame or something like that I'd laugh.

Oh god excellent idea! I'm gonna make a meme build with this.

I go for green only first. I really hope rng will not be against me for deirdre. Even with more than 200 orbs I have some fear, after hearing some frightening pull stories.
After I pulled for deirdre I will go with green/red/blue, because Siegurd and Tailtiu are also nice. And I want to have the chance to have some merges for deirdre.
Sadly it is really unlikely for deirdre to be a 4*, otherwise I would go for 10+.

I'm so hyped, that I forgot to look at the skills, argh. 

Also it's nice that Xander is getting some competition. I like Xander and he has done a great deal to me. But another red rider would be also nice.

Edited by Stroud

not too into any of these 3 characters, but i like ayra a lot, so i'm really glad she's here. hoping her art's good

i'm glad erica mendez voices deirdre cause she likes fire emblem a lot and I remember once she was talking about how a lot of her friends are in fire emblem and it'd be cool to have a character in it too

seeing these characters in designs that aren't extremely 90s is still kinda weird to me but sigurd's head is shaped just like in fe4 so that's still kinda funny 

i kinda want sigurd for close def 3 but I might just spend the orbs from the chapter trying to get minerva or shanna

37 minutes ago, Prince Endriu said:

Damn, I just realized Arvis is apparently a sword unit. Wasnt he supposed to be a red mage?

Er, what? The sword user seen in the trailer is Ayra. Arvis isn’t seen in the trailer.

Four things about this Banner concern me.

A: Sigurd getting 5 skills and a better than Legendary weapon on par with the CYL scream power creep and make me think he will get the arbitrary +5 BST bonus too.

B: Diedre could have been our 4* QR fodder, but likely won't become a 4*.

C: Why do they keep doing 3 unit Banners, and why 2 girls 1 guy all the time?  There's more guys than girls in FE and can we stop catering to just the waifu crowd or at least go back to 50/50 or get a Banner that's majority guys for a change?

D: I remember hearing that the "middle" units of a Banner have been the ones to be 4*, but Diedre has a personal tome, so it looks like that might happen.  We might have another Banner where no one becomes 4*.  The last time we got 2 units in a Banner to go 4* was June.

Well, I guess 3 units on different colors will make them easier to pull.