Holy war banner

JDtheBA

Just wondering, is Tailtiu the mother of GotHW  Arthur and... whoever his sister was? I can't remember specifically, but if that's the case then maybe there will be more to this banner in which we get more child units, and one or two of them may or may not be her children.

Just a theory anyways. I know Seliph and Julia are pretty important as far as GotHW children go...

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Er, what? The sword user seen in the trailer is Ayra. Arvis isn’t seen in the trailer.

he's talking about arvis being a joke against sigurd, whose  basically anti mage. i can already see the memes "so you think you can f*** my wife and get away with it"

Edited by silveraura25

16 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Just wondering, is Tailtiu the mother of GotHW  Arthur and... whoever his sister was?

Tine. Yes, she is. She also is the aunt of Ishtar.

@silveraura25: ah, that makes sense. Guess I’m still bad at discerning jokes. Actually, Tyrfing in-game would have given Sigurd Res against Arvis… if he fought back.

Edited by Vaximillian

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Tine. Yes, she is. She also is the aunt of Ishtar.

@silveraura25: ah, that makes sense. Guess I’m still bad at discerning jokes. Actually, Tyrfing in-game would have given Sigurd Res against Arvis… if he fought back.

the saddest part about the ending of gen 1 is that you can summarize the epilogue without spoilers (that makes it sound like the good guys won). something like "after years of bloodshed judgral finally prospered into a land of peace" for 10 years that is

Edited by silveraura25

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Divine Naga negates all positive field buffs on the opponent (the Japanese text makes sure to specifically say "positive bonuses", albeit with shorthand, instead of "bonuses" because Panicked buffs are still under the "bonuses" category in the UI).

Wow this is good to know.

I'm a little dissapointed it's Tailtiu as the blue instead of Cuan to reform the Chaply Bro Alliance, but I'm more glad Jugdral is finally getting more units.

I'm definitely rolling for Sigurd, and then Deirdre if I have enough orbs.

Also, if those leaks keep getting proven true, I guess an Arvis GHB is coming one of these days. Hopefully he's our first armor mage.

Edited by AndrewMcC00l

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Four things about this Banner concern me.

A: Sigurd getting 5 skills and a better than Legendary weapon on par with the CYL scream power creep and make me think he will get the arbitrary +5 BST bonus too.

B: Diedre could have been our 4* QR fodder, but likely won't become a 4*.

C: Why do they keep doing 3 unit Banners, and why 2 girls 1 guy all the time?  There's more guys than girls in FE and can we stop catering to just the waifu crowd or at least go back to 50/50 or get a Banner that's majority guys for a change?

D: I remember hearing that the "middle" units of a Banner have been the ones to be 4*, but Diedre has a personal tome, so it looks like that might happen.  We might have another Banner where no one becomes 4*.  The last time we got 2 units in a Banner to go 4* was June.

Well, I guess 3 units on different colors will make them easier to pull.

I don't think it will happen, but I really hope that Deidre is dropped to 4*.

But no matter who drops We're already reaching an absurd point in terms of the rarity distributions. Currently, there's 49  3-*4* units, 46 4*-5* ones and 41 5* exclusive units. If only Tailtiu drops to 4*-5* status they'll be up to 47 and the 5* exclusive will raise to 43. We're a long way from the initial distribution of 49 3-4 stars, 26 4-5 stars and 12 stars exclusive.

The ideal scenario would be if Tailtiu dropped to 3-4, Deirdre to 4-5 and Sigurg remained as a 5*. If they went with this model for future banner as well, it would prevent the 4-5 and 5 exclusives of overtaking the 3-4 in terms of number.

And I really hope Sigurd doesn't randomly get the same BST bonus as B!Ike and Brave Lyn. Also hope that Deidre's stats will be different enough from her daughter that she won't just becomes 'better Julia'.

Do I need Sigurd, no not really but man do I want him he looks great and would probably replace Xander on my horse emblem team if I manage to pull him.  I haven't pulled red for a while so red hell here I come.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Four things about this Banner concern me.

A: Sigurd getting 5 skills and a better than Legendary weapon on par with the CYL scream power creep and make me think he will get the arbitrary +5 BST bonus too.

C: Why do they keep doing 3 unit Banners, and why 2 girls 1 guy all the time?  There's more guys than girls in FE and can we stop catering to just the waifu crowd or at least go back to 50/50 or get a Banner that's majority guys for a change?

D: I remember hearing that the "middle" units of a Banner have been the ones to be 4*, but Diedre has a personal tome, so it looks like that might happen.  We might have another Banner where no one becomes 4*.  The last time we got 2 units in a Banner to go 4* was June.

Well, I guess 3 units on different colors will make them easier to pull.

A. Powercreep is inevitable. Its pure selling technique. You have to provide a better product as an incentive. It is coming slowly but its coming. Probably one unit per banner at the time.

C. Probably because of TT. We get Ayra for free. Better this way than no free unit. You are right the game is getting female dominated. I like it☺

D. Most of the time the worst units get demoted. From time to time they should demote a great unit. I can only wish

-----

Started saving up orbs - so my maximum pull here will be 15 orbs - might as well just be the free pull

Edited by Prince Endriu

Never played FE4 but Dierdre and Sigurd look really good, so I might do a full summon at least.

I'm scared at the idea of a FE4 TT since unless I luck out on this banner somehow, the only likely 40% bonus unit I'll have is a trash IV 4* Seliph I've never even touched. Not looking forward to a TT of using that.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Never played FE4 but Dierdre and Sigurd look really good, so I might do a full summon at least.

I'm scared at the idea of a FE4 TT since unless I luck out on this banner somehow, the only likely 40% bonus unit I'll have is a trash IV 4* Seliph I've never even touched. Not looking forward to a TT of using that.

If they do a FE4 TT, I hope Julia will be the 40% since she's been a mainstay of my TT teams since the very first one.

Tailtyu is surprising, as is her weapon. Thoron+ is currently the only thing available to generic enemies but not the player, and she seemed like the best candidate for making it playable because Thoron is her signature weapon. Still, it'd seem pretty disappointing on a banner nowadays (Rexcalibur+ was disappointing enough back when banner standards were much lower), so I can understand avoiding it. Perhaps it'll be on some TT unit eventually?

Dierdre looks solid.

Sigurd is interesting. He certainly fulfills the Tyrfing's role much more accurately than Seliph did, but having a melee character really good at tanking magic hits isn't that exciting. Still, it's cool that they're continuing to add more Blessing skills: I'd expected the continuation of the CYL weapon power creep, but not that. I'm curious about his stats to see if they're inflated like Ike and Lyn, as well.

It's cool that Sigurd is another CYL-level cavalry, but I don't really need more sword cavalry and his build doesn't seem super helpful, so I think I'll pass on him and the rest of this banner for now, aside from the free pull. Still two more dancers to get on the current banner, plus I'd like to save up some orbs in case there's a cool seasonal banner next month. Who knows when we might finally get a mage armor in one of those.

Continuing to keep the number of characters at 3 instead of 4 is strange, but whatever. Ayra as a likely TT addition is neat, and I'm curious to see what her skill set will be. As well as Arvis's, since I assume he'll be in this update and paralogue as well.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I would highly doubt they'd give any other units the +10 growth rate boost that the CYL winners had. That's literally the one thing making them special at this point.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I have this sneaking suspicion that they're avoiding having certain skills available at third tier on four-star units.

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

I have no idea where you got that idea from. With the exception of the siblings banners, there's been a fairly consistent pattern with characters with more valuable skills being the ones that remained five-star exclusive.

No Ares or Levin?? 0/10

Hahaha

Just kidding!!

But what with only 3 new characters again? Anyway, Sigurd can tank magic, he doesn't want to fall to a fire mage right? Let's see if he wants to come to me since Seliph doesn't want... Or maybe Dreide? Julia aren't with me yet

Hope I can get one of them! Any of the 3 is fine!

26 minutes ago, Othin said:

Tailtyu is surprising, as is her weapon. Thoron+ is currently the only thing available to generic enemies but not the player, and she seemed like the best candidate for making it playable because Thoron is her signature weapon.

Both Robin and Arlen use it as their signature weapon as well. 

So there's one left. :o

I didn't notice Ayra in the trailer. So this means FE4 TT coming down the road. I get the feeling Seliph will join the new three as a 40% bonus unit. Looking at the one I've pulled...+Def/-Atk. I love using uber bonus units, but the TT itself will only pay half the cost of that promotion. Unless they decide Lachesis ought to be the 40% bonus unit (hey, at least she's playable in Gen 1 unlike the other three options), it looks like I'll be sticking with +20% scores. Bummer.

They all look good, Sigurd looks particularly amazing, and I'm interested is what Ayra's kit ends up being but

Spoiler

Am I the only one that thinks Sigurd being a mage tank is a bit ironic considering how he dies.

27 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I didn't notice Ayra in the trailer. So this means FE4 TT coming down the road. I get the feeling Seliph will join the new three as a 40% bonus unit. Looking at the one I've pulled...+Def/-Atk. I love using uber bonus units, but the TT itself will only pay half the cost of that promotion. Unless they decide Lachesis ought to be the 40% bonus unit (hey, at least she's playable in Gen 1 unlike the other three options), it looks like I'll be sticking with +20% scores. Bummer.

I'm guessing Eldigan will join the new units as the 40% bonus unit while Lachesis, Ayra, Arvis, and a miscellaneous free unit are the 20% units.

Edited by Othin

Great, I have all four FE4 units already in the game, so i'm basically guaranteed a 40% bonus unit on the TT. I hope it's Eldigan or Lachesis, though. My Julia is -ATK and lol Seliph.

This banner looks good, but honestly, I think I'd rather keep pulling from the Performance Arts. Deirdre looks great, but I don't really need her for anything, Tailtiu will be dropped to 4 stars for sure and Sigurd looks like a more defensive unit, and I'm not a super fan of those.

Edited by Nobody