Holy war banner

JDtheBA

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

If I recall correctly, neither the Japanese nor the English text ever refers to weapon types as "physical" or "magic" and rather by the weapon type themselves ("sword", "lance", "axe", "bow", "dagger", "tome" or "magic", "staff", "breath" or "dragon") or by the weapon's range.

As for Close Defense, Close Defense doesn't activate when the unit that has it initiates combat.

I guess that's on my lack of paying attention to terms, then. I knew that they normally clarified the weapons for physical ones at least, but I didn't realize that they used "tome" and "magic" interchangeably. Good to know for future reference, though.

That's what I meant by "counter", though I guess it doesn't have the same meaning for me as it does for others. Basically, I saw it as: Manakete attacks and does half damage, taking into account the extra Res from Close Counter, and then Sigurd retaliates. It's a lot less special if the damage reduce doesn't affect Manakete's, though.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Wait for them to introduce Longbows with 3 range.

On a horse.... with cavalry march (can pass through forest as well as getting +1 mov). We need a unit that basically hits whatever it wants on its own, wouldn't that be grand?

21 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

And Tailtiu has the same VA as Colette from Tales of Symphonia. Didn't see that coming.

I'm sorry about that choice. And whoops I'm sorry about that choice. And I'm sor- Para Ball! Para Ball! Para Ball! Para Ball! Para Ball! Para Ball! Torrential Para Ball!

Tailtiu better have holographic angel wings, chakrams and tripping. A preference for fruit, a little super strength, and choseness are optional, but I'd like them.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

Wait for them to introduce Longbows with 3 range.

And then comes the Thunderbolt and Siege tomes. Calill will Meteor it up in here! Sonia/Selena Flurospar will Bolting the world! And Blizzard will go to.... Bastian?

2 hours ago, Rezzy said:

How is Sigurd supposed to get barbequed if his gimmick is being resistant to magic?

In an act of irony, he grabbed the Silver Sword Arvis gave him back when he began his noble crusade instead of the Tyrfing. Holy Weapons are too powerful to be active in the sheath, only when held do they unleash their draconic blessings.

Since I was exhaustive on the General Discussion thread concerning my thoughts this banner, I'll just say Sigurd is mature and sexy and looks quite good (you see IS, older than 19 can sell). Deirdre is a goddess. Tailtiu is unexpected, and another 3 unit banner is bad! We need more men, and Lex, Azelle, Midir, Dew, and Jamke would all have been obliged to join in!

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And then comes the Thunderbolt and Siege tomes. Calill will Meteor it up in here! Sonia/Selena Flurospar will Bolting the world! And Blizzard will go to.... Bastian?

Eremiya could use Meteor as a tome, if the rest of the assassin can be in the game, she could be too. I want to see shooters in the game

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Since I was exhaustive on the General Discussion thread concerning my thoughts this banner, I'll just say Sigurd is mature and sexy and looks quite good (you see IS, older than 19 can sell). Deirdre is a goddess. Tailtiu is unexpected, and another 3 unit banner is bad! We need more men, and Lex, Azelle, Midir, Dew, and Jamke would all have been obliged to join in!

At least Ayra could be a Tempest Trail / Grand Hero Battle later down the line fio everyone to enjoy. I just don't want the trend of three heroes banner to continue.  

Man, this thread really makes me want to try FE4.  Maybe I will this weekend...  :^_^:

I think I'll do full pulls on this banner because I only have 52 orbs at the moment, and I'd be happy to get any of the focus heroes.  Plus, I need more Bowbreaker... 

Also, I noticed a few people saying "red hell" and "green hell" in this thread.  Here I thought that colourless was the true hell.  The red/green pool has a lot of awesome skill fodder.  Fury, Triangle Adept, Reposition, and Renewal, to name a few... Meanwhile, colourless has a lot of healers.  

4 hours ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Also, I noticed a few people saying "red hell" and "green hell" in this thread.  Here I thought that colourless was the true hell.  The red/green pool has a lot of awesome skill fodder.  Fury, Triangle Adept, Reposition, and Renewal, to name a few... Meanwhile, colourless has a lot of healers.  

My problem with red, and why I call it hell, is because there are just SO many 5-stars in its pool that your pity rate is likely to be broken half a dozen times before you even get close to the rate-up unit.  Sure, you might get good skill fodder along the way, but who cares if you don't get the unit you're actually aiming for?

I haven't played fe4 so this is the first time I've even heard of a character named Tailtiu. I'll probably try pulling at least Sigurd, but the last time I tried getting a red focus unit, I just ended up getting a 5* Chrom and 5* Ogma, so I'm slightly sceptic about my chances on getting him.

But it is about time we got the hottest fe lord in heroes.

14 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

On a horse.... with cavalry march (can pass through forest as well as getting +1 mov). We need a unit that basically hits whatever it wants on its own, wouldn't that be grand?

Armor March works that way because the armored movement type has no penalty moving onto forest to begin with. Armor March adds movement range, but doesn't change the cost to move onto terrain.

3 hours ago, GinRei said:

My problem with red, and why I call it hell, is because there are just SO many 5-stars in its pool that your pity rate is likely to be broken half a dozen times before you even get close to the rate-up unit.  Sure, you might get good skill fodder along the way, but who cares if you don't get the unit you're actually aiming for?

The ratio of focus to non-focus 5-star units in red is only about 2:3. You've just had bad luck.

I'm glad to see that Sigurd, Deirdre, and Tailtiu are coming, but I could think Ayra could be the next Tempest Trial character or Grand Hero Battle character since there were non-Fire Emblem villains in Grand Hero Battles like Navarre and Female Robin. But, I kinda wondered if Eldigan, Lachesis, Seliph, and/or even Julia will help out Sigurd, Deirdre, and Tailtiu in one of the two Parts for the next Paralogue since we did saw some Blazing Blade characters that were available during at the release did helped the other ones were added in the previous Paralogues and even CYL Ike did joined to helped out the second Path of Radiance banner members in Chapter 11 as well.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Armor March works that way because the armored movement type has no penalty moving onto forest to begin with. Armor March adds movement range, but doesn't change the cost to move onto terrain.

Oh I know, was meant as a joke to make it as over the top as possible. Inheritable Teleport from Witches in SoV would also work ;P

Hm... I wonder, since they're going for all Gen 1 characters for the new additions, if the Tempest Trial (which hasn't actually been confirmed, so maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up too high?) will have Eldigan in the +40% slot. I hope not since he and his sister still elude me, but it seems possible. Although really, pretty much everyone except Lachesis has a shot for one reason or another: Eldigan is fairly important to Gen 1 and is a 5-star exclusive, Seliph is Gen 2 but he's also the main character of his Gen as well as Sigurd and Deirdre's kid, and Julia is Gen 2 but nearly as important as Seliph while also being 5-star exclusive. I've got a 2/3 shot at having a +40%, so I hope it's one of the later. And maybe preferably Seliph, because Julia already maxed out her HM.

They could always do a TT banner with Eldigan, Lachesis, Seliph and Julia so people can try getting one of them if they couldn't get Sigurd, Tailtiu or Deidre or...watch them put Arvis as the other +40% unit so he can be in the same group of +40% units with Sigurd and Deidre. Unlikely but it would be fun to see. 

Wait... one of the characters has to drop from the TT selection. Sigurd/Deirdre/Tailtiu are shoo-ins, Ayra is required, and Arvis is possibly required as a freebie unit (though, since Moment of Fate didn't have one of those...). The Tempest banner is going to be another three-person banner if they put Arvis on the list.

(I have Eldigan, Julia and Lachesis, so I'm not worried about being bonus unit less, but...)

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Wait... one of the characters has to drop from the TT selection. Sigurd/Deirdre/Tailtiu are shoo-ins, Ayra is required, and Arvis is possibly required as a freebie unit (though, since Moment of Fate didn't have one of those...). The Tempest banner is going to be another three-person banner if they put Arvis on the list.

(I have Eldigan, Julia and Lachesis, so I'm not worried about being bonus unit less, but...)

Yep, I've been wondering how they'll handle this. Hopefully at least Eldigan and Julia are on the banner, since they're 5-star exclusives; the last spot is almost guaranteed to be Seliph, considering he's the Gen 2 main character. Although I kinda hope it's Lachesis, since although I want Eldigan, I don't think I'd pull for him if Seliph ends up there too.

As for Arvis being included as a bonus unit, it's certainly not impossible. I remember for sure that Berkut, Ursula, and Lloyd have been bonus units in the past, and there are probably others that I've forgotten. I don't think a GHB unit has ever been a +40% unit though, so that spot should still be filled by one of the Siblings banner members.

5 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

Yep, I've been wondering how they'll handle this. Hopefully at least Eldigan and Julia are on the banner, since they're 5-star exclusives; the last spot is almost guaranteed to be Seliph, considering he's the Gen 2 main character. Although I kinda hope it's Lachesis, since although I want Eldigan, I don't think I'd pull for him if Seliph ends up there too.

As for Arvis being included as a bonus unit, it's certainly not impossible. I remember for sure that Berkut, Ursula, and Lloyd have been bonus units in the past, and there are probably others that I've forgotten. I don't think a GHB unit has ever been a +40% unit though, so that spot should still be filled by one of the Siblings banner members.

I'm not questioning Arvis being a bonus unit as impossible. I'm saying they're drifting away from doing it, so it's possible they'll stay the course and just have Ayra as the only freebie bonus.

So excited about this banner because the art of Sigurd and Deirdre is top notch. Now if I don't pull them though... The game cursed me with giving me PA!Inigo (not too bad, I know) on a random pull I did out of boredom. This feels like some foreshadowing of not pulling what I want from that banner.

Potential foreshadowing for Arvis's skillset:

Sigurd has four defensive skills in his skillset, three of which allow him to tank mages. This would mean that Arvis (assuming he is a mage) would have a very tough time dealing with Sigurd in Heroes.

However, in Genealogy, Arvis gave Sigurd a silver sword at the start of his quest, meaning he wasn't holding onto Tyrfing when the inevitable barbecue happened, and never got to defend himself with Tyrfing's divine power.

So, maybe Arvis will have a legendary skill that downgrades enemy skills by one tier? (Luna -> New moon; Legendary weapons -> silver sword; [skill] 3 -> [skill] 2, [skill] 1 -> empty slot; etc.) This would allow him to completely negate the Divine Tyrfing effects, miracle, and Crusader's Ward. It would also act as a counter to units receiving buffs from goad and ward skills, as they would be nerfed to spur 2 skills, which only have a range of 1!

1 minute ago, The_antithesis said:

Sigurd has four defensive skills in his skillset, three of which allow him to tank mages. This would mean that Arvis (assuming he is a mage) would have a very tough time dealing with Sigurd in Heroes.

However, in Genealogy, Arvis gave Sigurd a silver sword at the start of his quest, meaning he wasn't holding onto Tyrfing when the inevitable barbecue happened, and never got to defend himself with Tyrfing's divine power.

So, maybe Arvis will have a legendary skill that downgrades enemy skills by one tier? (Luna -> New moon; Legendary weapons -> silver sword; [skill] 3 -> [skill] 2, [skill] 1 -> empty slot; etc.) This would allow him to completely negate the Divine Tyrfing effects, miracle, and Crusader's Ward. It would also act as a counter to units receiving buffs from goad and ward skills, as they would be nerfed to spur 2 skills, which only have a range of 1!

That... sounds terrifying. Don't think it'd work on Goads and Wards, but I could see it working (and backfiring) against certain foes.

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

That... sounds terrifying. Don't think it'd work on Goads and Wards, but I could see it working (and backfiring) against certain foes.

Now all we have to do is watch him get murdered by a 4* Faye counterattacking, or downgrading triangle adept on a green unit.

3 hours ago, The_antithesis said:

Umm... Arvis gave Sigurd a Silver sword yes... but that's because Sigurd's father, Byron,  was THE current wielder and user of Tyfing, and gave Tying to Sigurd with his dying breath.

In fact at that point in the game... Arvis acutally gives Sigurd and UPGRADE because Sigurd originally only had a Steel sword and Iron lance (unless you sold one or two and gave them to a different unit) and the silver sword is much stronger than both weapons mentioned. and also Arvis only reluctantly gave the silver weapon to Sigurd.... or mainly because he was told to because he was an aide to the king, and was essentially a messenger.

Now they may or may not have had their weapons during the barbeque... is completely unknown... because the children gets all weapons from their parents... perhaps they stored their weapons away due to the fact that they were attending what they thought was a "Royal Ceremony" that would exonerate them of the supposed "treason" charges.

Arvis's weapon Valflame will grant him attack + 3 (or so) and I believe he might get a skill that is a reverse of Sigurds where he takes 50% less damage from the first close range melee attack (Sword, Axe, lance). and that is what I believe...

4 hours ago, The_antithesis said:

If they want Arvis to counter Sigurd, I think it's more likely that they'll give Valflame the ability to ignore passive, non stat increasing, skills rather than downgrade every skill, since the later is way too over complicated. Sigurd would still get the +3 res from Tyrfing, but it's other passive effect and Crusader's Ward would be nullified.

13 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

They could always do a TT banner with Eldigan, Lachesis, Seliph and Julia so people can try getting one of them if they couldn't get Sigurd, Tailtiu or Deidre or...watch them put Arvis as the other +40% unit so he can be in the same group of +40% units with Sigurd and Deidre. Unlikely but it would be fun to see. 

Going by the previous pattern it will be:

40%: seliph, sigurd, tailtiu and deidre

20%: eldigan, lachesis, julia and ayvra

TT is the main reason why we don't get as many 4 member banners anymore.

1 hour ago, LuxSpes said:

If they want Arvis to counter Sigurd, I think it's more likely that they'll give Valflame the ability to ignore passive, non stat increasing, skills rather than downgrade every skill, since the later is way too over complicated. Sigurd would still get the +3 res from Tyrfing, but it's other passive effect and Crusader's Ward would be nullified.

Or they can give Valflame the ability to preset the Blazing Flame special while at 100% HP.

Edit:

Assuming Arvis gets 35ATK, he would do ((35+4(hone)+14(valflame))+*1.5= 80) -res before the battle even begins. Then give him Hardy Bearing3 to prevent counter attacks and he will be your next OHKO unit that can only move 1 space if he is Armoured. I like the idea of a slow moving orbital cannon. XD This will even allow him to bypass Miracle too.

Edited by Clogon