Holy war banner

JDtheBA

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

She probably won the dev popularity poll. (For the record, Sigurd and Ira scored first and second, respectively, in CYL among FE4 characters. Arden scored third.)

So Kris is going to be the most OP SD unit?

GOOD LORD, does that mean Dorcas will be the most powerful unit in the game?

Edited by Zangetsu

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Yay, a logic! Let's hope they keep to this and keep anyone not a trainee or super popular from getting the BST boost.

Except Glade.

Double BST should be his "reward."

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

So Kris is going to be the most OP SD unit?

GOOD LORD, does that mean Dorcas will be the most powerful unit in the game?

Dorcas was third in FE7, which clearly means he won't get the +10 growths, but he'll get a unique weapon or skill (Devil Axe: 16 Mt, 1 Range. On special activation, damage is dealt to unit instead of opponent.). Clearly.

Edited by Ice Dragon

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dorcas was third in FE7, which clearly means he won't get the +10 growths, but he'll get a unique weapon or skill (Devil Axe: 16 Mt, 1 Range. On special activation, damage is dealt to unit instead of opponent.). Clearly.

So what happens when he procs Miracle?  Your wording doesn't say it's only on offensive special activation... :P

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

So what happens when he procs Miracle?  Your wording doesn't say it's only on offensive special activation... :P

He takes damage as normal because the damage is being dealt to him and not his opponent.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Moving posts is kind of a pain, and your post fits this topic fine.  Mind if I keep it here?

---

I'm giving Sigurd Escutcheon.  His goal will be to bait a ranged unit, then go into melee.  If he eats a counter, it'll be reasonably reduced.  Might want to give him Deflect Missile, since he'll already take reduced damage from magic.  My goal is to turn him into the ultimate bait unit.

Oh... yeah, okay. I understand that he's an outstanding baiter but through basic positioning and use of the Weapon Triangle you can bait any enemy composition and if you do it with like Xander/GreenMage/Lukas etc... you can actualy counter him and clean house with the rest of your team. A non-offensively SInherited Sigurd will be basically a sitting duck outside of a +Spd boon/Cav buffs on PP and his middling combat in EP will leave you with more enemy units to deal with in PP (so basically in a trickier situation). I dunno, the only situation in which I can see his amazing damage sponge abilities be useful is in GHB and BHB where enemy ranges are usually overlapping and almost impossible to bait.

And I really don't like the increased BST as well, but at least it was my favorite game that benefitted from it, right? RIGHT? OK, yeah, shouldn't have happened at all...

Just now, Koumal8 said:

Oh... yeah, okay. I understand that he's an outstanding baiter but through basic positioning and use of the Weapon Triangle you can bait any enemy composition and if you do it with like Xander/GreenMage/Lukas etc... you can actualy counter him and clean house with the rest of your team. A non-offensively SInherited Sigurd will be basically a sitting duck outside of a +Spd boon/Cav buffs on PP and his middling combat in EP will leave you with more enemy units to deal with in PP (so basically in a trickier situation). I dunno, the only situation in which I can see his amazing damage sponge abilities be useful is in GHB and BHB where enemy ranges are usually overlapping and almost impossible to bait.

And I really don't like the increased BST as well, but at least it was my favorite game that benefitted from it, right? RIGHT? OK, yeah, shouldn't have happened at all...

Sigurd was completely busted in his own game, so I'm perfectly fine with his higher BST.  As long as it doesn't become a habit for new, popular units, I'll be fine with it.

He also feels like a unit that shines in cavalry teams.  Camus/Xander had issues absorbing magic, and the other ranged units are pretty glassy.  IMO he fills that niche nicely.  For a non-bait build, I'd slap a Brave Sword+ on him, and turn him into Ogma With Horse Buffs. . .wait, that's what I should do with mine! (+Atk/-Spd)

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Sigurd was completely busted in his own game, so I'm perfectly fine with his higher BST.  As long as it doesn't become a habit for new, popular units, I'll be fine with it.

He also feels like a unit that shines in cavalry teams.  Camus/Xander had issues absorbing magic, and the other ranged units are pretty glassy.  IMO he fills that niche nicely.  For a non-bait build, I'd slap a Brave Sword+ on him, and turn him into Ogma With Horse Buffs. . .wait, that's what I should do with mine! (+Atk/-Spd)

Yeah, you rub it in you despicable mod, laughing at my 3 -Atk/+Def Sigurds are we?! We'll, I'll pull a better one, just wait and see! Honestly though Heavy Blade on a +Atk SIgurd seems like the best way to get him to proc specials and start doing damage, though as I was saying he loses his Close Def/Distant Def in the A slot.

Spoiler

actually I just checked, one of them is +Hp/-Def... f**k

3 minutes ago, Koumal8 said:

Yeah, you rub it in you despicable mod, laughing at my 3 -Atk/+Def Sigurds are we?! We'll, I'll pull a better one, just wait and see! Honestly though Heavy Blade on a +Atk SIgurd seems like the best way to get him to proc specials and start doing damage, though as I was saying he loses his Close Def/Distant Def in the A slot.

Hide contents

actually I just checked, one of them is +Hp/-Def... f**k

Much as I'd like to give him Heavy Blade, I don't have a spare Ike. . .and no, I'm not sacrificing the one I have.  He puts in a lot of work.

And the spoilered one is damn good for a defensive build.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Much as I'd like to give him Heavy Blade, I don't have a spare Ike. . .and no, I'm not sacrificing the one I have.  He puts in a lot of work.

And the spoilered one is damn good for a defensive build.

I was talking in case someone had a spare Ike obviously, like I have a spare BIke with... no one to give his SBreath to... No, I won't give it to BK. And wouldn't +Def-Atk be better for tanking than +Hp-Def? What am I missing?

1 minute ago, Koumal8 said:

I was talking in case someone had a spare Ike obviously, like I have a spare BIke with... no one to give his SBreath to... No, I won't give it to BK. And wouldn't +Def-Atk be better for tanking than +Hp-Def? What am I missing?

Can I have that Ike?  I never pulled the axe murderer. :(:

For a pure tank, that would work.  However, Sigurd's kit seems designed to counter magic, so +HP gives a little more survivability, while -Def isn't really relevant when tanking mages.  It hinders his ability to tank physical units, but that's what Close/Distant Def are for.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Can I have that Ike?  I never pulled the axe murderer. :(:

For a pure tank, that would work.  However, Sigurd's kit seems designed to counter magic, so +HP gives a little more survivability, while -Def isn't really relevant when tanking mages.  It hinders his ability to tank physical units, but that's what Close/Distant Def are for.

Hey, if I could give it to you... I just want my busted FE4!Sigurd with crazy offense (and actually middling bulk in the last chapters) back :sob:

1 minute ago, Koumal8 said:

Hey, if I could give it to you... I just want my busted FE4!Sigurd with crazy offense (and actually middling bulk in the last chapters) back :sob:

He's got 35 neutral Atk.  The only units that beat him are a couple of armors and Chrom.  He's going to have good offense.  If you want to double, have him grab a  Hone Cavalry buff for 38 Speed.

I'm torn between saving my orbs  and  pulling for Deirdre so that I can have a Sigurd family team of Sigurd, Deirdre, Seliph and Julia (well, technically Julia shouldn't be there but whatever). Although knowing my luck in the dancer banner, it'll probabbly take 300 orbs to even pull something meaningful.

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

@Koumal8, @eclipse: spare CYL Ike, you say?

Just for that, the first Reinhardt I get will inherit Lancebreaker. ;/

1 hour ago, Okigen said:

I'm torn between saving my orbs  and  pulling for Deirdre so that I can have a Sigurd family team of Sigurd, Deirdre, Seliph and Julia (well, technically Julia shouldn't be there but whatever). Although knowing my luck in the dancer banner, it'll probabbly take 300 orbs to even pull something meaningful.

Fourth member should be Ethlyn, whenever she's released.  It'll make the team slightly less lopsided (I hope), and fits the family theme. . .if even Deirdre married in.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Just for that, the first Reinhardt I get will inherit Lancebreaker. ;/

Except that’s already one of the best choices on him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just want Deirdre so badly :(

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Except that’s already one of the best choices on him ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just want Deirdre so badly :(

I know. . .but now I have one more reason to do so. :P:

It's weird that the only one I was interested in was Sigurd.  I figured I'd be more hyped for his wife, but I just feel. . .eh about her.

I know. . .but now I have one more reason to do so. :P:

It's weird that the only one I was interested in was Sigurd.  I figured I'd be more hyped for his wife, but I just feel. . .eh about her.

A reason as good as any other.

I am equally interested in all three of them: in Sigurd because he is a badass, in Deirdre because she is a cutie and I never got Julia, and in Tailtiu because I want to save her from her horrible fate she never deserved.

I am equally interested in all three of them: in Sigurd because he is a badass, in Deirdre because she is a cutie and I never got Julia, and in Tailtiu because I want to save her from her horrible fate she never deserved.

I wanted Sigurd because I was kind of fond of him.  Deirdre was eh, and Tailtiu's set doesn't interest me in the slightest.  Yes, she suffers an awful fate, but she'd suffer an equally awful one in my barracks, since she'd be pretty low on my training list.

Just now, eclipse said:

I wanted Sigurd because I was kind of fond of him.  Deirdre was eh, and Tailtiu's set doesn't interest me in the slightest.  Yes, she suffers an awful fate, but she'd suffer an equally awful one in my barracks, since she'd be pretty low on my training list.

Deirdre would have been great for me: Soren, Cecilia, and Nino aren’t enough, I need more diverse green mage corps.

Tailtiu would fill a niche of an infantry blue mage in my barracks. I don’t have Linde nor Delthea (or, obviously, Caeda and Lucina) so yeah. All my blue mages are mounted: Reinhardt, Olwen, and Ursula. Tailtiu would have been very useful.

Deirdre would have been great for me: Soren, Cecilia, and Nino aren’t enough, I need more diverse green mage corps.

Tailtiu would fill a niche of an infantry blue mage in my barracks. I don’t have Linde nor Delthea (or, obviously, Caeda and Lucina) so yeah. All my blue mages are mounted: Reinhardt, Olwen, and Ursula. Tailtiu would have been very useful.

If we combined our barracks, we'd have the ultimate team! :P:

Sigurd was technically the one weapon type I didn't need - red cavalry was already taken care of by Luke/Leo, and swords by a lot of people.  However, his kit and his stats amuse me.  I'm going to take a completely different build on him, one day.  When I pull another Ogma or something.

Deirdre would've been the one that helped me the most.  My green mages consist of Robin, Camilla, and Nino.  Robin sometimes dies to Rein.  Camilla survives thanks to TA, and Nino isn't meant to bait.  A Res-heavy green infantry mage would've been perfect.

Tailtiu would've had to compete with Lucina, Corrin, Ursula, Shigure, and technically Nino.  Even though Lucina is barely above Odin in terms of oomph, she can output enough damage to be useful.  Corrin's partly utility and partly for the flying team.  Shigure doesn't nuke things, he's sheer utility.  Ursula's a huge part of my cavalry rush.  I wouldn't bring Nino and Tailtiu at the same time, unless I was absolutely certain that neither of them would take a hit.

Arvis will be extremely useful.  The only 5* red mage I have is Leo.

So even if my priority should've been Deirdre in terms of straight gameplay, I grab characters based on who I like. . .and that happens to be stupid sexy Sigurd.

If we combined our barracks, we'd have the ultimate team! :P:

Friendship is everything!

Ah, I forgot about Shigure. Screw that fake Shigure, I don’t care about seasonals.

You reminded me that I have someday promote Robin. She will come after Cecilia though. Soren does my Reinhardt duties when I need him to.

I’m not exactly lacking in red mages with Lilina, Celica, and Tharja as my 5★s, but Arvis is always welcome, the magnificent dastard.

But if I had to choose the sexiest Jugdrali (is this how the demonym if Jugdeal is formed?), I’d go with Ayra. The girl is almost perfect.