Holy war banner

JDtheBA

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't like that Ira is almost certainly going to be a Tempest Trials character based on her appearance in the paralogue.

On the one hand, I can get two copies of her for free, but on the other hand, I can only get two copies of her at all.

Heroes seriously needs to fix the issue that free limited-release characters cannot be maxed out.

Heck, even FGO has a means for the free story character to max out (her Noble Phantasm, which is normally tied to the equivalent of merges, levels up as you complete the story because it makes no sense to summon duplicates of her in the same way that it makes no sense to summon duplicates of Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna), and event-limited characters always have a means to obtain enough copies of the character to max out during the same event that implements the character, usually by completing additional challenge missions.

Meanwhile in Heroes, we're still stuck with Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna with a maximum of +0 and the highest mergeable free limited-release character at only +5 (Narcian). There are a lot of characters I would really like to use (namely Zephiel in my Arena Assault lead team), but simply can't because the character physically cannot be merged high enough.

So I’m not really familiar with FE4 and thus not really into any of the characters themselves, but this did intrigue me with the skills (and it’s likely the stats will too).

Tailtiu will likely be another Linde, maybe better, maybe worse. Her skills don’t WOW me but it’s a decent starting kit. She looks kinda cute and I’m always up for having more mages so I might go for her, but she looks quite possible to drop so maybe I’ll wait until she’s easier to obtain.

Deirdre has awesome skills and a really damn fine weapon especially compared to her own daughter. The dragon effect isn’t really special anymore but ignoring the buffs sounds neat. QR3 and Speed Smoke are sweet too. 

Sigurd has a very unique anti-mage kit. He’s probably better than my Eliwood for the role but again I don’t have a connection to him. Nice to see Close Defense 3 out, though sacking him seems so wrong. He’s my least priority given I have plenty of horses, but I wouldn’t mind getting him at some point.

Have no idea what’s in store for Arya but it’s possible she’s a GHB along with Arvis (though he hasn’t been confirmed yet). I can’t see Arya being a TT reward though, much less a FE4 TT happening. I doubt we even have enough maps to cover 6 of them.

So, I'm guessing that the three-unit banners are becoming the norm now when TTs are about to happen, to push people towards pulling from them by having the focus as 40% bonus units? It would explain why there are only 3.

Less work for them, only three units allows one extra 40% unit for an additional banner (In this case a Seliph/Eldigan banner with 20% units) and the eighth spot is filled by the typical TT unit. Not gonna, lie, I don't like the manipulative nature of it, but whatever, reaching 99k isn't hard anymore and additional feathers are just that and no reason for me to pull on banners I don't like.

Yeah suprised at no Thoron, didn't even think of the lack of Thoron+ users. 

So Arlen is that character's name now, good to know. Somewhat related does anyone know if the Japanese names of the first downloable chapter in 12 and chapter 1-3 in FEH have a possible connection like the one I see in english? Just been floating in the back of my mind for a while now. 

I was initially thinking I would pass on this banner since I'm not too wild about the characters and they don't fill any niches I'm currently lacking, but I need every excuse to pull on red that I can get.  I'm swimming in Sword Cavs, but Sigurd looks really nice.  I doubt I can get much with 31 orbs, but we'll see. 

38 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I really don't like that Ira is almost certainly going to be a Tempest Trials character based on her appearance in the paralogue.

On the one hand, I can get two copies of her for free, but on the other hand, I can only get two copies of her at all.

Heroes seriously needs to fix the issue that free limited-release characters cannot be maxed out.

Heck, even FGO has a means for the free story character to max out (her Noble Phantasm, which is normally tied to the equivalent of merges, levels up as you complete the story because it makes no sense to summon duplicates of her in the same way that it makes no sense to summon duplicates of Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna), and event-limited characters always have a means to obtain enough copies of the character to max out during the same event that implements the character, usually by completing additional challenge missions.

Meanwhile in Heroes, we're still stuck with Alfonse, Sharena, and Anna with a maximum of +0 and the highest mergeable free limited-release character at only +5 (Narcian). There are a lot of characters I would really like to use (namely Zephiel in my Arena Assault lead team), but simply can't because the character physically cannot be merged high enough.

I think we can expect that eventually there will be a TT Mini with another two copies of her, plus that or other ways to get additional copies further down the line. But it could take a while.

It'd be neat if they started having limited opportunities to pull some of them, such as a GHB Voting Gauntlet banner where you could pull past GHB units. Seems like free money for them.

5 minutes ago, Othin said:

It'd be neat if they started having limited opportunities to pull some of them, such as a GHB Voting Gauntlet banner where you could pull past GHB units. Seems like free money for them.

Plus the chance of getting optimal versions of them instead of being stuck with neutral copies.

FE4 TT will be easy to breeze with Sigurd/Reinhardt and Cecilia/Lyn.

Just now, Othin said:

I think we can expect that eventually there will be a TT Mini with another two copies of her, plus that or other ways to get additional copies further down the line. But it could take a while.

And this is exactly the problem.

It's been 8 months since Narcian was first released, and it's still physically impossible to get him past +5.

Just now, Quintessence said:

Plus the chance of getting optimal versions of them instead of being stuck with neutral copies.

Neutral is optimal when no other natures are available.

Zephiel with 55/32/19/38/24 base stats where every obtainable free copy is [+Atk, -Spd] would be functionally indistinguishable from Zephiel with 55/35/16/38/24 base stats where every free copy is [=].

Specifically, if datamining and hacking were physically impossible, there would be no way to prove that all copies of Zephiel are neutral and not [+Atk, -Spd] if all free copies of Zephiel had identical stats.

I kinda talked myself into wanting Deirdre so I feel like I might pull blues and greens and maybe get a Tailtiu if Deirdre doesn't come. Still not interested in Sigurd, except for the niche of being able to say that I have pulled my entire Top 5 Fire Emblem Lords. But, then again... I still don't have any of the green Performing Art Units... Ugh if only I was rich

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The askr trio should be added to the 3/4* pool, with added boons and banes.

As for grand heroes, I think its a way for IS to provide us with events, even if they are just re-runs. Adding them to the pool would make reruns obsolete. But for how long are they gonna milk those reruns? 

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

[...]

Are you sure about Narcian? Currently I have 5 copies of him, but I missed the first GHB (started playing FEH after that) and I'm pretty sure I used at least one of his copies as lancebreaker fodder. 

Just now, Prince Endriu said:

The askr trio should be added to the 3/4* pool, with added boons and banes.

That literally makes no sense from a lore perspective. Unless you're using Breidablik to steal Alfonses, Sharenas, and Annas from other people's reroll save files.

Just now, mampfoid said:

Are you sure about Narcian? Currently I have 5 copies of him, but I missed the first GHB (started playing FEH after that) and I'm pretty sure I used at least one of his copies as lancebreaker fodder. 

If you missed the original Grand Hero Battle, you didn't miss any copies of him. The only copies that are available on the first instance of a Grand Hero Battle are the copies you obtain from clearing the maps for the first time. There have not yet been any Grand Hero Battles where the set of quests at the debut includes another copy of the character.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

[...]

If you missed the original Grand Hero Battle, you didn't miss any copies of him. The only copies that are available on the first instance of a Grand Hero Battle are the copies you obtain from clearing the maps for the first time. There have not yet been any Grand Hero Battles where the set of quests at the debut includes another copy of the character.

Ok, then I haven't wasted as many Narcians as I thought. But I wasted Camus' and Xanders only copies to save me some SP grinding ...

I know it's all about the gacha and stuff, but I feel like they need to do something to make summoning easier. As someone pointed out earlier, there's nearly 50 units for each rarity level. I think that they should start making permanent banners in order to filter out the pools. Though, it's all about getting more money...jokes on them, I haven't spent a penny!

44 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I think 5 copies is the max. Three from Normal/Hard/Infernal difficulties, one from the quests from his first rerun, and one from the quests from his second rerun. It's just f!Robin who has 6 copies available, because she and Navarre were the first reruns and got two extra copies from those quests rather than just one like the others. (Navarre has not yet had an Infernal map or second rerun to get his fifth and sixth copies released.)

So if I counted that all right, then Narcian can reach a max of +4 and f!Robin can reach a max of +5.

55 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That literally makes no sense from a lore perspective. Unless you're using Breidablik to steal Alfonses, Sharenas, and Annas from other people's reroll save files.

Maybe with the conclusion of the current Story line and start of Season 2.0 the 3 Askr units get a promotion with the Brave Hero Treatment!?

Which prolly would be the best way to kick of a new Season with a new mechanic: Promotions into Brave Heros from older characters. And you basicly just doubled the Char roster!

Edited by Hilda

It's my hope that one day we'll get GHB rotations in the same manner we have standard daily hero battles. And, in addition to daily quests, add a fourth that relates to that day's GHB which rewards a 3 star of that unit. Don't want dozens of GHB 3 stars clogging your roster? Cash 'em in for 150 feathers. They'll be back in two weeks, after all.

Ugh, I really hope either Seliph or Julia will be +40% bonus units... I have both, but Eldigan and Lachesis still elude me. And there's no guarantee I'll get any of the new characters, especially at the very start of the banner.

I'm so torn between Tailtiu and Deirdre. I like Tailtiu quite a bit more, and I do have a +1 Julia, so I'm not necessarily hurting for green mages, while my only 5-star infantry blue mage is a -Atk Mae. But Deirdre looks outstanding skill-wise, and if anyone gets the drop to 4-stars, it'll almost certainly be Tailtiu. I may try going for both blues and greens to start out, but... I dunno. I'll have to think about it before the banner goes live. If I'm lucky, maybe I'll get one of them right off the bat, but after my luck on the original Siblings banner (and only finally getting Julia on the very last day of the second Hero Fest banner), my hopes aren't very high. Thank goodness Arvis and Ayra will most likely be free units though, so I can safely pass on reds.

If the dancer banner is something to go by I won't get Deirdre (damn you green hell!), but there's a good chance I'll get Sigurd and Tailtiu. For some reason I believe Tailtiu is going to have high speed, high res, awful def, decent Hp and below average/low atk because that's how every Tailtiu I've used in Genealogy turned out but I hope to be proved wrong with her.