How did internal level work in older games?

Alastor15243

It occurred to me recently that the thought of early promoting has never really crossed my mind until the last few games, and I don't actually know how early-promoted units gained experience in the older ones since I basically never did it. Can anybody fill me in on how it worked in like 5-12? I'm looking for information on it and I just can't find it.

Edited by Alastor15243

On 10/14/2017 at 12:04 AM, Alastor15243 said:

This includes the gba games?

Yes

For the record 1-4 is the only game where it isnt the case due to old formula. 4 promotion is a special case but as general rule they are the same between promoted and unpromoted(this game lock promo to level 20. Provided a level 10 prepromote gains exp it would be the same as level 10 unpromoted)

Gba games decides exp gain based on class power level inversely and all promoted class had higher power level than unpromoted so they gain exp slower. Valkyrie is small exception due to their lower power level.

Thracia 776 Lord promoted form had lower power level as well

DSFE is a normalized version of GBA FE(promoted unit gain less exp than unpromoted and thats about it) but its also arguably the most generous in the series since promoted units gains exp on a rather crazy pace

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner