Some gameplay on the N3DS

wissenschaft

I know some of us are getting this game on the N3DS and heres some nice footage of the game on the system. Its not bad. Obviously you lose a lot in visual quality but the game looks to run smoothly. My main worry was how large the enemy groups would be and they do seem pretty large so thats good. Its likely not as big as the mobs you get in the switch version but still you run into screen fulls of enemies which is great. More important is that the characters attacks are smooth and fluid. Theres footage of latter chs on the N3DS but they might be considered story spoilers so I'll just say you can find them on Metaru's channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwDhOJd2fqH42Ru4SOJGWtg

If your ok with the inferior graphics, you can save $20 buying the N3DS version and thats enough to buy the season pass. Huzza!

Edited by wissenschaft

1 hour ago, Natalie said:

Sweet! It looks a LOT nicer than Hyrule Warriors for sure. Do we know if there's actually any differences between the Switch and 3DS versions like in HW?

Nothing is 100% confirmed at the moment.

However, this isn't like Hyrule Warriors Legends. That was basically an expanded port made in light of the Wii U's poor sales. That won't be the case this time. It's likely both versions will have the same content.

The screen looks really cramped. I was wondering if I'm missing out not having a second screen for the map because I got the Switch version, but it seems not to be the case here.

20 hours ago, Natalie said:

Sweet! It looks a LOT nicer than Hyrule Warriors for sure. Do we know if there's actually any differences between the Switch and 3DS versions like in HW?

No content difference, although the New 3DS version has a different S-rank time requirement in History Mode (20 minutes instead of 15 to hit S, or 10 minutes instead of 7 to reach S in the "get 700 KOs" missions). I'm guessing it's because the New 3DS version has fewer mob enemies.

19 hours ago, Sentinel07 said:

Nothing is 100% confirmed at the moment.

However, this isn't like Hyrule Warriors Legends. That was basically an expanded port made in light of the Wii U's poor sales. That won't be the case this time. It's likely both versions will have the same content.

4 minutes ago, nocturnal YL said:

No content difference, although the New 3DS version has a different S-rank time requirement in History Mode (20 minutes instead of 15 to hit S, or 10 minutes instead of 7 to reach S in the "get 700 KOs" missions). I'm guessing it's because the New 3DS version has fewer mob enemies.

I see. I'll probably just stick with the Switch version then.