Chain Challenge: Chapters 11 & 12

Charmeleonbrah

Hey everyone.  I'm posting this to request assistance, and to see what others' strategies for this awful chain challenge set.  I have managed to clear the rest of the story, paralogue, chain challenge, and squad assault maps except this one.  In particular, I'm having trouble with the map that where you need to survive for 6 turns, and the chapter with all mage units on defensive tiles, plus Bruno.  Brave Lyn can't do everything by herself, and my Kagero is just quite not good enough to Desperation ORKO the mages.

Don't know if this helps but I used: Camus, Reinhardt, Cecilia and Elincia

For the map where you have to survive for 6 turns, you might want to take out Palla so she can't warp all over the map. Since you have BH!Lyn, you can take Palla out and just let her tank Mae since she's got decent Res. Might even take Mae out since she has middling speed and low defense. Trying to do this map on Lunatic with a horse heavy team was a nightmare but luckily I had a flier with Reposition so it's possible to get all units to one side of the mountains. I just chose to move my units to the left side. This particular map did take me a good number of tries though. I needed to use my horse team to clear the subsequent SoV maps since a few of the maps have turn limits and I needed to cover a lot of ground in a short amount of time, especially that map with Sonya, Leon, and Saber.

For map with SoV characters and Bruno, I like to take out Celica on my first turn and bait Bruno so I can focus my attention on Boey and Mae staring on my second turn. After that I positioned the unit that took out Celica out of the attack range of the mages. Of course, that depends on the movement skills and movement type of your team composition. I used a cavalry heavy team so putting someone in Bruno's range was easier for me. The hard part of this map, at least in my opinion, was getting the mages out of the fortress as quickly as possible. Since all units of the enemy are 2 ranged, they have to break the wall from 2 spaces away so it takes them a little longer to get off the defensive tiles. 

Honestly speaking, I don't think I can clear this Chain Challenge again unless I gave it multiple tries. I think it took 2 stamina potions for me to clear it.  

For that set, I started with a Flier Emblem team of Est (Brave Lance build w/Hone Fliers), Summer Corrin (Blarblade build), Cherche, (Brave Axe build w/Fortify Fliers) and Maria w/Rehabilitate. Running with a Flier Emblem team alleviates much of the difficulty of the Mountain of Fear map, since the initial split doesn't matter, the team can just meet up over the mountains, and they could also reposition Maria over the mountains if she needed to change sides. Even if you're not running a full Flier Emblem team, it's useful to have a flier with Reposition for that map.

My flier team also cleared the Bruno map. Summer Corrin did most of the work there, with her first turn spent sniping one of the mages, and then getting repositioned so Bruno would suicide on her. After that, it was just snipe and reposition to safety for the rest of the battle.

They were able to clear the first map of Ch. 12, but would usually perish on the second one where you have to clear it in four turns. At that point, I switched to Horse Emblem with Reinhardt, Xander, Cecilia (Gronnblade build), and Azura. The Ch. 12 maps have a lot of complete in X turns, so Horse Emblem works well for that. They were able to clear up until Bruno round 2, and should've been able to clear it, were it not for my errors. The final team was just an assemblage of characters to match whatever was still moving on that final map.

Hope that gives you some idea!

I did everything except for the last map with

Spoiler

I'm only putting SI skills in brackets. Otherwise assume base kit skill 

Nino +spd -res (Fury 3, Desperation 3, Growing flame)

Klein +hp -res (drawback)

Olivia +spd -atk(4* and WoM)

Reinhardt +atk -def (atk+3, Drawback, WoM1, Moonbow, spur atk2). 

If I remember correctly, Reinhardt died on the second last map. And the rest died on the last map. Second team was just sweeping since there were like 2 units left. The goal of this team is nuking. Reinhardt and Nino kill most things while Klein kills pegs and things with high res.

Edited by Kiran

What team are you using?

I ran Nino, Lilian, Ephraim and a vanilla 4* Cordelia for up to the mountain one where the party splits. That's the one where I just need them to survive, usually resulting in Cordelia in some corner XD. After everyone dies, I would switch to horse emblem (Xander, Rein, brave!Lyn with Desperation and WoM Ninian) for the rest. On the map with the four mages on defence tiles, Reinhardt took out Ceclia and b!Lyn can tank and kill Bruno, which will activate her Desperation for the rest of the maps. 

Beat chain challenge 11+12 with Xander, Camus, +res -spd Reinhardt, and a troubadour with hone cavalry. I used this video (and part 2 of this video) as a guide.

My team had a slightly different skill composition, which only came into play on 12-1 where I had to stack Camus with as many resistance/defense boosts as possible to get him to survive Delthea and dissuade the pegasus knight from attacking him.

There's a lot of talk about this in the main Chain Challenge (+Squad Assault) thread.

I couldn't get through it until CYL was released. Brave Lyn and Brave Roy were a big help with the Ch12 maps, especially when paired with Blarblade Ursula. Leading with a flier team is important for 11-3.

This is the one challenge I will only seriously tackle once I build a few seals to their max level.

I feel I'll need all the help I can get.

(then I'll steal someone else's strategy)

A dedicated CC+Squad Assault thread already exists.

Used 2 teams for Lunatic 11+12.

Team 1 (deathless until 12-4; wiped on 12-5):

Brave Lyn (+2; S-rank w/ summoner; Reposition, Atk +1), Reinhardt (+Atk/-Spd; +1, standard Memebow set with Lancebreaker 3 and Hone Cavalry), Clarine (+Spd/-HP; 4*+1; HP +5, Wings of Mercy 3, Ward Cavalry, Spur Def 1), Olivia (Ruby Sword+, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3)

Team 2 (finished 12-5):

Ryoma (+HP/-Def; +2; Fury + Vantage), Hector (+Atk/-Def; Vantage + Bonfire), Amelia (+Atk/-HP; Ignis, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3), Effie (+Atk/-Spd; Brave Lance+, Fortify Armor)