How Would You Fix Such-and-Such Class?

Basically, a thread for ideas on how to fix certain classes.  This can include improving bad classes or nerfing ones that you find overpowered.

A few ideas of mine:

Warriors: Give them better Skill and defenses than Berserkers to make them stand out more.

Great Knights: Take away their ability to wield Swords, but also their weakness to anti-Armor weapons.  Basically, FE4 Great Knights with the added ability to wield Lances.

Rogues: Make them a "weapon master" class for Daggers and give them more Strength than Assassins alongside a Critical bonus.

Snipers get their Hit bonus and Range +1 replaces their Crit bonus. Otherwise just keep using the speedster stat model and make Bow Knights more strength-oriented instead of speed-based.

Longbows are now infantry-locked instead of Archer-locked. This is a buff to all bow infantry, such as Warrior and whatever else IS come up with.

Swordmasters and Rogues are merged a la Jugdral's Thief Fighter. Sword-locked, offensive caps closer to SM than Rogue, no Crit bonus, but they have the Avoid bonus and thieving capabilities. Daggers are now a 1-2 range sword subset for infantry.

All mounted classes receive a universal 1.5 movement cost over indoor terrain and can't cross certain terrains such as pillars. There, now foot units can reign supreme indoors without dismounting.

Take out any unnecessary classes that don't fill any role or function, like swordmasters, berserkers, shamans etc.

Give Fighters better skill and better defense/speed.

Promote Archers to Rangers instead of Snipers, which are bow users except with horses and possibly with swords as of their promotion.

Make them game FE12, and suddenly 90% of class is fixed Kappa

Also lets be honest here the sole reason Fighters are bad is speed. Its kind of telling that every instances of good fighters in the series are more or less defined by having enough speed(Dagda) or have a way to ignore speed altogether(Othin), or is Draug

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Forum poster: Post this stuff in the correct subforum. ;/

Okay, but really. . .

Sorcerer - Sages can have their tome rank, Bishops can have staff rank, but these guys?  Give the player a tome or two just for this class.  Glower would be rather busted in this class, but something like Flux (better MT and Hit than Fire, same weapon rank) would be cool.

Edited by eclipse

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Forum poster: Post this stuff in the correct subforum. ;/

Okay, but really. . .

Sorcerer - Sages can have their tome rank, Bishops can have staff rank, but these guys?  Give the player a tome or two just for this class.  Glower would be rather busted in this class, but something like Flux (better MT and Hit than Fire, same weapon rank) would be cool.

Oops.  Mistook this for the General Fire Emblem subforum and not the General (period) subforum.  Sorry!

The only two classes I consider to be bad in almost every game and only use in exception cases (like Othin in FE5) are knights/generals and fighters/warriors. I'd say give generals access to all physical weapons, so lances, axes, swords and bows. I think fighters/warriors could be a little tankier. Also, give light magic more crit. Finally, I think there should be more weapons that are locked to myrmidons/swordmasters, like the Wo Dao, as that helps myrmidons contribute in spite of being swordlocked infantry.

Often I hear people talk about giving generals more move, fighters more skill or myrms ranged weapons, but I'd rather give them a unique niche or further improve their strengths than remove their weakness, so I really dislike stuff like wary fighter.

Classes I consider to be consistently top tier are fliers and cavaliers, I'd say make them dismount indoors FE5 style, that makes them balanced imo, whilst giving otherwise outclassed infantry units a chance to shine.