Wondering about Substitute Characters from Genealogy of the Holy War if their counterpart existed and didn't join Seliph's army?

King Marth 64

Wondering about what happened to the Subtitute Characters?   

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like to see Substitute Characters have their own Xenologue chapters and see what happens when they didn't join up with Seliph's army in the future remake?

• That's a really good idea, I would love to see that happening.
    • I am not entirely too sure about that?
  2. 2. Wondering about their fate during at the Child Hunt incase if their own counterparts existed?

• I was wondering about that as well, they should do that.
    • I'm pretty sure the Substitute Characters could be captured.
    • I'm pretty sure they probably fighting for their lives during at the Child Hunt.
    • I'm pretty sure they might have been escaped.
    • I am not entirely too sure about that?

I just wondering about this for a while about the Substitute Characters from Genealogy of the Holy War. I know like they're replacements if one of the mother's didn't married to one of the fathers nor gave birth to the existing children. But, do you guys might wonder where the Substitute Characters might have went off to during at the Child Hunt while their counterparts exist in case if one of the mothers married and gave birth to one of the two off springs (one son and one daughter each) before/after Chapter 5 happened during at Seliph's army in Part 2? I don't think one of the Substitute Characters were mentioned nor make an appearance in Thracia 776 and Awakening as well. And plus, I did see some of the substitute characters were planned to appear in Thracia 776 such as Jeanne (Nanna's counterpart since Nanna had a major role in Thracia 776), Asaello (Febail's counterpart), Daisy (Patty's counterpart), and the other Green haired Female unit that is definitely Hermina (Fee's counterpart and plus, Ced is in Thracia 776 while his own sister isn't in Thracia 776 which you can't recruit Ced and Fee & Hermina and Hawk at the same time during at the Second Part of the story line) were cut in the final version for Thracia 776. And plus, there wasn't any unused data of Hawk and Tristan were founded in Thracia 776 since Ced and Diarmuid are in the final version of Thracia 776.

I kinda wondering if Intelligent Systems could make a special Xenologue chapter arcs focus on the substitute characters to have their own story while they aren't in Seliph's army and they're counterparts existed during at the game's plot in case if they're going to plan on making a Genealogy of the Holy War remake in the future similar to like how they did with the Heirs of Fate chapters in Fates.

Hmmm I always wondered too. It's weird that the subs disappear, mainly because they should always exist. I do feel like some make sense about why they don't appear:

Roddleban & Creidne- I generally think of the Oosawa manga to explain why they're not present.

Laylea- Lene's presence probably affected Laylea's standing in the story. Usually, there's always a "favorite girl" and Lene happens to be that girl. Lene was probably seen as exotic due to her green hair, which gave made her seem like a Sileesian. So Laylea may be a well known dancer, but the exotic charm of Lene is probably what attracted Ares and Bramsel. If she's not there, then Laylea's the favorite girl that gets harassed instead, catching attention because of her beauty.

Sharlow- Hannibul only adopts one son. Shota Sigurd gets left behind :(

Asaello- Faval was hired instead. Still seems weird though, since Asaello was the "Hitman of Conote" meanwhile Faval was just some punk upstart, but maybe it's because of Faval's bow that he was hired instead?

These are the only subs that make sense about why they may not appear in the story, but this is all headcanon.

3 hours ago, Dandy Druid said:

Roddleban & Creidne- I generally think of the Oosawa manga to explain why they're not present.

Hm? What explanation gives?

Personally, I would think the substitute characters that lived in the orphanage would be the most seamless to appear alongside their counterparts.

13 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Hm? What explanation gives?

Personally, I would think the substitute characters that lived in the orphanage would be the most seamless to appear alongside their counterparts.

Spoiler

In the Oosawa manga, Creidne and Roddleban aren't twins. Creidne is actually much older and she died while helping Oifaye + the kids escape to Isaach. She was like a soldier that took care of her brother. Roddleban is present and grew up with Celiph + the other holy blood kids, and even participates in the battle of Tilanogue, but he gets injured and has to sit out for the next couple of battles. I'm not sure if he's gonna return or if Oosawa genuinely forgot about him, she has a tendency to do that (poor Chulainn).

So the explanation is that Creidne is already dead by the time Gen 2 comes out and Roddleban is with Celiph's army, but has taken up a non-combative role due to his injury.