Creating a Fire Emblem game from rpg maker has it been done?

SakuraBlossom1

I'm currently trying to make a hack of fire emblem and I finally got help with the one question every newbie seems to have when hacking which is the battle script. After that problem was fixed another one popped up sigh. Soooo on to ask my question. When this problem came up up I wondered is it much easier just to create a game of fire emblem instead of hacking one? RPG maker XP  is and awesome program for making rpg games and doesn't have a lot restrictions like hacking a rom does. Has anyone ever created a fire emblem game with rpg maker? I always see info on hacking but not creating from scratch so this is why I ask. If anyone has made one or looked into making one from rpg maker or has any advice on that could they please tell me. Thanks in advance

Edited by SakuraBlossom1

Never heard of an actual FE-esque game released on RPG Maker, but I know of some helpful resources for making SRPG's without needing much knowledge for hacking or scripting.

Before I tell you about them however, let me plug this thread in here.  It's not a resource, but it's just general advice from a veteran hacker.  The point is, hacking is not easy, nor is it just something you can do willy nilly.  It takes time, and you're always gonna have trouble.  Even the best hacks had difficulties.  If you want to put out a quality product, you need to be devoted to it and open-minded.

Bottom line, don't get discouraged if you keep running into roadblocks.  It happens to everyone who wants to hack, even vets (though the nature of those blocks tends to be different for them, but they're impeding development none-the-less).  You have so many resources and people to call upon, so your ability to develop hacks is only limited by your willingness to do so.

Anyway, if you're sure set that hacking isn't your thing, then here are some helpful resources:

• FEXP: It's no longer supported, nor is it a complete product, but it's there and it's specifically for RPG Maker XP.  And it's intended for you to make games in the style of the GBA FE's, so there's that.
  • FEXNA: Developed by the same guy that did FEXP, but it's actually supported.  Not for RPG Maker, but Microsoft XNA.  However, it isn't out yet, and probably won't be out for a long while; it's been in development for about four years, I think.  But development is still happening, so it's something to look forward to.  Until it does come out, look at the other resources available to you.
  • GubiD's Tactical Battle System (GTBS) for VX Ace: Not particularly FE style, nor is it just something you can just plug in and use without a little required reading, but it's much easier than hacking.  It uses a turn-based strategy battle system somewhat similar to FE, but without the hallmarks of a FE game like supports or weapon triangle.  Still, it's really good, and it's for RPG Maker VX Ace.
  • Lecode Tactical Battle System (LTBS) for MV: Same as the former, except not quite as complete and it's for RPG Maker MV instead.  It's the best tactics plugin I know of that's for the most recent RPG Maker
  • SRPG Studio: Very good program.  The default graphics and engine are very much inspired by the Jugdral games, and it's pretty much exactly just the FE version of RPG Maker.  There's just one issue; it's a Japanese product that never saw localization.  You can download a demo for it which... actually is not too limited.  You can only make five maps, but those maps aren't limited in size, and you can create a generous amount of audio and graphical resources for the engine.  So if you can get passed the language barrier, it's not a bad product at all.
  • GameMaker Studio/Construct 2: Just general game development engines that are easy to use.  I'm sure you can make an SRPG with them, even one that's like FE.  Though you'll need to learn how to use such programs, and it's much more preferable if you know programming.  But they were made with ease of access in mind, so I'm sure a newb could learn to make a decent game with it.

Just Google whichever one seems like it's up your alley.  If nothing else, you can take programming classes and learn how to create a game completely from scratch.

Thank you for all the advice and info ^-^. I know hacking needs devotion and is hard work it's just I wish I had more freedom like in rpg maker. I won't give up on it just wondered if I had a better easier option. If I could do it on rpg maker I could probably even make it better graphics. I want good quality and a fun game and I know that takes hard work and bumps in the road no matter what road you take. It's just an interesting thing to think about and see if it's possible. P.S. thanks for the help and encouragement :lol: