Associating Map sprites with Custom Classes/some other help with nightmare

Shrish

I would Like to Preface that I'm hacking FE7 and that I have already repointed to Class table

So, I've been having some trouble doing exactly what the title says, associating moving map sprites with a custom class, along with a couple of other problem related to custom classes, easily broken down, they are as follows:

1. In nightmare, when I try to add my custom class number to a class list(say, adding 0x65 to the Class List.txt) I find that it shows up in Class editor, and only Class editor, not even Character Editor, which is in the same folder.  Am I doing something wrong? and how do I do it properly?

2. Using GBAGE, I have written over the Peer standing and moving animations with my own custom map and moving sprites.  The moving sprite went fine, but I had to repoint the standing sprite, does this have any impact on how nightmare associates the peer with it's repointed standing sprite, or no?(as in, does night, mare still point to where the old sprite is, or where I repointed it to using GBAGE when I imported a Bitmap)

3. when I open nightmare(specifically the Class editor) and scroll down to my custom Class (0x65) I notice that there is a option for choosing the standing map sprite of the custom class, but none for choosing the moving map sprites, how should I go about associating the moving sprites with a new class?

That should be it for now, I will add more questions relating to this topic whenever I get the chance. Note, Currently, problem number one is the one Im trying to solve the most, as I know ignoring it now will lead to me beating my head against the keyboard at a later date(though that is not to say that my head has not already made contact with the desk multiple times)

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Shrish said:

1. In nightmare, when I try to add my custom class number to a class list(say, adding 0x65 to the Class List.txt) I find that it shows up in Class editor, and only Class editor, not even Character Editor, which is in the same folder.  Am I doing something wrong? and how do I do it properly?

If you open up the Nightmare module in a text editor you can see which text files are being used by which dropdowns.
Are the class list files different?
When you added the extra class, did you increment the number at the top of the file? This number is the total number of entries in the list, and has to be updated whenever you add to the list.

2. Using GBAGE, I have written over the Peer standing and moving animations with my own custom map and moving sprites.  The moving sprite went fine, but I had to repoint the standing sprite, does this have any impact on how nightmare associates the peer with it's repointed standing sprite, or no?(as in, does night, mare still point to where the old sprite is, or where I repointed it to using GBAGE when I imported a Bitmap)

Open up the standing map sprite editor and check what the pointer is. I wouldn't be surprised if it needs to be updated manually.

3. when I open nightmare(specifically the Class editor) and scroll down to my custom Class (0x65) I notice that there is a option for choosing the standing map sprite of the custom class, but none for choosing the moving map sprites, how should I go about associating the moving sprites with a new class?

The way moving sprites are matched to classes works like this: take the class number, subtract 1, and that's the entry in the moving map sprite entry.
So, if your class is 0x50 in the class editor, it's moving map sprite is 0x4F in the Moving Map Sprite editor.
The reason you have to subtract one is because the class list has a "blank class" as the first entry, but there is no "blank moving map sprite", so they're 1 off.

Sorry for the late reply, but everything you have said has been of tremendous use.  However, I still ave one problem that needs to be addressed, and its to do with pallets and importing them along with the bitmap.  whenever I try to import pallets with my bitmap(both the standing and moving) it screws over a significant portion of the colors in my game.  The character(all characters) and texts sprites specifically are just weird now.  the map colors and portraits seem to be fine though.  I guess my main question is, how do I insert palletes for my standing sprites and moving sprites without screwing up my rom?

Capture.PNG