Volunteers to help with the FE Warriors section

VincentASM

19 minutes ago, Fastesthe1 said:

Is that what it was?  I'm sorry then.  One of the downsides of the internet, I suppose...

But yes, when I first tried it, I thought of being clever and tried to take the Samurai out before he reached Oboro, but that ended up preventing Anna from showing up.  The second time I was the samurai had almost reached Oboro before I defeated her (not my intention), but Anna to showed up.  It was a rather close call!

So overall I would say the in game hint is correct but missing the specifics.

Either way, the in-game hint is omitting a very important detail (killing the samurai was my first instinct too and probably most people's) that we should probably note. I'll go take care of that now.

Edited by Anomalocaris

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I got something that I'm not sure is going on...

For Christmas, my sister gave me a Chrom amiibo (she knows me well!), and of course what do you do with it?  Scan it in Warriors and get Chrom's Training Sword!

But here's the kicker: all the sites sources and YouTube videos I found of it says it has a might of 40, which I'm not questioning.  However mine, for some unexplainable reason, has a might of 125.  At first I thought maybe it had to do with level correlation, since I scanned mine with a file where I've beaten Story on all difficulties (including Lunatic).  So I started a new game, beat chapter 2, scanned the amiibo, and guess what?  It's still 125!!!  The only thing I can come up with is that they upped the weapon might during an update, but I honestly don't know.  I can't say if it's the same with Tiki's Tear since I don't have a Tiki amiibo.

This was also my first time using the sword.  Good gods, Chrom is fast with it!

And the DLC units?  Usable from the start of the game!  >:D  Azura ended up being the MVP on two of the levels, and she along with the retainers appear to be usable on both sides of the chapter split.  You unlock the all the DLC History maps (including Hero Challenge) upon completing chapter 5.  I've decided to stop documenting all the requirement on the History mode maps until all the DLC is out, because I don't want to keep starting a new game for each wave, and I want to have fun with the challenges the first time around on my main file.

However I did noticed that the Archer on the Hero Challenge map said you needed to beat Chapter 13 first.  So on a hunch, I went to yet another file (where I was recording weapon drops and currently at chapter 16), did the Archer challenge and got the Fates princes to arrive afterwards.  So turns out you just need to defeat the Archer to have Ryoma and Xander arrive, not any two outer corners.

1 hour ago, Fastesthe1 said:

Ok, I got something that I'm not sure is going on...

For Christmas, my sister gave me a Chrom amiibo (she knows me well!), and of course what do you do with it?  Scan it in Warriors and get Chrom's Training Sword!

But here's the kicker: all the sites sources and YouTube videos I found of it says it has a might of 40, which I'm not questioning.  However mine, for some unexplainable reason, has a might of 125.  At first I thought maybe it had to do with level correlation, since I scanned mine with a file where I've beaten Story on all difficulties (including Lunatic).  So I started a new game, beat chapter 2, scanned the amiibo, and guess what?  It's still 125!!!  The only thing I can come up with is that they upped the weapon might during an update, but I honestly don't know.  I can't say if it's the same with Tiki's Tear since I don't have a Tiki amiibo.

This was also my first time using the sword.  Good gods, Chrom is fast with it!

Yep, my Chrom's Training Sword also has 125. My Tiki's Tear has 50, which is lower than what's on the site (75).

• 3 weeks later...

Who wrote the page for Fort Defense 9? Because the strategy posted on that page seems to fail to take into account the tome/stone deploy limit that map has.

5 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Who wrote the page for Fort Defense 9? Because the strategy posted on that page seems to fail to take into account the tome/stone deploy limit that map has.

Ah, that was me. My bad. The game gets rid of deploy limits the second time around, and I wrote that while going back through it.

29 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Ah, that was me. My bad. The game gets rid of deploy limits the second time around, and I wrote that while going back through it.

Okay then. I thought something was wrong when looking at the strategy, since I was thinking "I dunno how much help this is gonna be to someone who's stuck with Robin, Leo, Elise and Tiki...".

Also, I dunno if this was brought up, but some of the fights on the Hero Challenge map require some degree of progress in Story mode, with the Manakete (and by extension, Marth and Gharnef) requiring chapter 15 completed, and the Outrealm Fiend (and the characters that show up afterwards) requiring Endgame completed.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Okay then. I thought something was wrong when looking at the strategy, since I was thinking "I dunno how much help this is gonna be to someone who's stuck with Robin, Leo, Elise and Tiki...".

Also, I dunno if this was brought up, but some of the fights on the Hero Challenge map require some degree of progress in Story mode, with the Manakete (and by extension, Marth and Gharnef) requiring chapter 15 completed, and the Outrealm Fiend (and the characters that show up afterwards) requiring Endgame completed.

Then please add that info when you get the chance.

We don't have many folk working on this, so misdocumentation or omission is going to occur sadly.

I just thought I would give input on something I found, in the amiibo section, it says Celica's amiibo gives swords and Alm's gives something random, however something I found is that before unlocking Celica, Celica's amiibo gave a random weapon not always a sword, while after I unlocked Celica, Celica's amiibo then gave swords all the time and however so did Alm's.

I know its pretty irrelevant info but still.

11 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Then please add that info when you get the chance.

We don't have many folk working on this, so misdocumentation or omission is going to occur sadly.

I might - though at the same time, I figured the least I could do is let someone know.

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

So with the new update, should we make a section for level 130 stats in addition to 99 and 110?

Presumably, that'd be the logical course of action. Though I think there ought to be be some sort of distinction, like saying "as of version *insert number*"

46 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Presumably, that'd be the logical course of action. Though I think there ought to be be some sort of distinction, like saying "as of version *insert number*"

Well, the stats don't seem to change from version to verson, just the level cap.

Edit: I've started that Hints and Secrets page that's been sitting on the hub forever. If anyone has any small little bits to contribute to that, please do so.

Edited by Anomalocaris

Hahahahaha! Amazing! certain missions will now feature a submission where an enemy captain will appear wielding a weapon that's effective against a certain unit type! If one of your units is weak to that type, the enemy captain will start to hunt that particular unit! Currently, I've seen a Paladin with the Wing Clipper sword and a Sage with the Unsaddler tome.

Navarre, Minerva, and Linde are also allowed into Fight of the Hero King if you haven't gotten rid of the deploy limit yet.

5 minutes ago, NSSKG151 said:

For antiair focus it says 'Increases damage versus launched foes'. Not exactly sure what that suppose to mean though.

Thank you.

Presumably it means you deal extra damage when juggling enemies in the air, such as with most characters' C2 combos.

So, is there any particular reason we haven't put in the script yet? Granted, I'm not without blame either for not just getting to it myself. Regardless, I'll just go ahead and take up that mantle, starting with finishing the prologue.

The only thing I'd need is for a page to be made for all of them with their respective headers (because I don't know how to code it myself), and then I'll blitz through them

Speaking of, The prologue is missing a header for End of Chapter, before the 2nd movie

Edited by Motendra

23 minutes ago, Motendra said:

So, is there any particular reason we haven't put in the script yet? Granted, I'm not without blame either for not just getting to it myself. Regardless, I'll just go ahead and take up that mantle, starting with finishing the prologue.

The only thing I'd need is for a page to be made for all of them with their respective headers (because I don't know how to code it myself), and then I'll blitz through them

Speaking of, The prologue is missing a header for End of Chapter, before the 2nd movie

You should be able to just copy and paste the templates used on the prologue's page. When making a new page, just paste:

Spoiler

^[[Story Mode Script (Warriors)|Back]]

[[Category: Game Scripts]][[Category: Warrior Scripts]]

into the blank page, and then put the chapter's script in the middle.

But if you're really willing to transcribe this game's script, I'd be happy to offer what help I can on the coding front.

There's a lot of optional dialogue in this story, though. Almost every main objective has a line that occurs if you take too long in doing it, every sub-objective has different dialogue if you fail it, and there's actually quite a bit of character-specific boss dialogue; I just unexpectedly got a line from having Tiki fight Darios in Chapter 18.

I'd recommend creating sub-headers within the "Battle" header, for dialogue associated with each sub-objective, or the boss battle, ect. I can do that if needed.

Edited by Anomalocaris

6 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

You should be able to just copy and paste the templates used on the prologue's page.

But if you're really willing to transcribe this game's script, I'd be happy to offer what help I can on the coding front.

Sure thing, thanks

11 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

There's a lot of optional dialogue in this story, though. Almost every main objective has a line that occurs if you take too long in doing it, every sub-objective has different dialogue if you fail it, and there's actually quite a bit of character-specific boss dialogue; I just unexpectedly got a line from having Tiki fight Darios in Chapter 18.

Oh gosh... Suddenly it all makes sense. I suppose we'll have to put them in as we find them. Then there's also the differences in main character, I believe? Didn't know about Tiki in CH18, though. The only ones I've seen were Marth, Chrom, and Ryoma. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

Sure thing, thanks

Oh gosh... Suddenly it all makes sense. I suppose we'll have to put them in as we find them. Then there's also the differences in main character, I believe? Didn't know about Tiki in CH18, though. The only ones I've seen were Marth, Chrom, and Ryoma. Back to the drawing board, I suppose.

We'll just add them as we find them. Another odd one I encountered was engaging Validar as Frederick in Chapter 6, and engaging Niles as Camilla in... Leo's chapter, whatever its number was.

As for the differences in chosen lord... I THINK that only affects the script for Chapter 20, when a replica of your lord is created. I chose Lianna as my lord and I'm pretty sure it's still Rowan who says "I'll take them all on! Watch and learn!" in the prologue.

4 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

We'll just add them as we find them. Another odd one I encountered was engaging Validar as Frederick in Chapter 6, and engaging Niles as Camilla in... Leo's chapter, whatever its number was.

As for the differences in chosen lord... I THINK that only affects the script for Chapter 20, when a replica of your lord is created. I chose Lianna as my lord and I'm pretty sure it's still Rowan who says "I'll take them all on! Watch and learn!" in the prologue.

Noted.

And for the time being, the Prologue is set