Opinions on Rowan? (Discussion)

Corbin

Character wise (I'm only in early game) Xion or Lianne didn't really do much to make me care for them.

I never thought I'd find any original warriors that would make me more disintesrested about them than the furries in warriors all stars.

The highlighter children have an insane color for their blonde compared to a real blonde: Liz/Lissa.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I don't dislike him, since his personality isn't even strong enough to really like or dislike. It's a bit grating I guess. It's so generic that his goofy shounen hair stands out more than anything else about him. 

Lianna's generic too, but her personality, design and VA work are all more appealing to me. If Rowan's design were a bit different I'd be more inclined to use him instead of just Lianna. He reminds me of a Natsu/Naruto hybrid, and that's not really a positive. 

Edited by Alkaid

I like him better than Lianna. He’s basically just a generic shonen protagonist, but at least he has a lot more personality than Lianna, who’s your basic kind caring person, something that’s much less fun to watch. I’d actually put him above Roy since he at least has a personality.

• 7 months later...

I strongly and I mean STRONGLY dislike him. He's really naive and and dumb to me. You guys think that Corrin is bad and naive? Rowan is worse. His twin sister isn't as bad, but still annoying. There is literally a scene where Rowen and Liana say ''We just have to believe in Darios!! We don't have to fight him just because he's possessed! We just have to believe in him, and maybe he won't be!'' I mean, they didn't say it exactly like that, but that's basically what they said. That cutscene was pretty cheesy, too. And also, Rowan is just.. goofy.

I’m mostly neutral on rowan. I mean as a character he is pretty one note and lacks quite a bit of depth. I personally don’t find him to be super annoying  but I do get where people are coming from. Though honestly the only thing keeping me from disliking him or saying he’s poorly written is his supports. The ones with xander and marth especially. The fact that he thinks of his father as weak and can’t bring himself to respect father really intrigues me and I wish they could’ve expanded on that more but as stands we don’t have anything. Honestly with those two supports alone he’s got more depth than lianna which is weird considering I like her more than him. I guess Rowan is just another case of unlikable character vs poorly written character.

I can't stand how arrogant and cocky he is.

Fine. He grows over the story, that's fair enough.

I just wish that he could have a different victory animation to reflect his growth. He throws his sword into the air then chickens out of trying to catch it. Constantly put others at risk because of his own stubborn pride and has to be talked out of things by literally anyone else with any semblance of rational thought.

He's far too eager to impress someone who isn't even there and it's just a massive bother.