Grand Hero Battle Arvis

Prince Endriu

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have galeforcers, so I just killed all the reinforcements with bladetome spam as usual. Nothing really different from the BHBs, just more enemies to take out. I didn't even get to see Valflame in action because Ephraim oneshots his ass even on infernal 

Def ploy at 4* is nice, but I don't have any units that use it well. (No, I'm not going to promote an Est for this)

Edited by Korath88

All cleared out over here and well, that sure was a pitiful display Arvis. Almost as pitiful as me forgetting to check whether Roy's Atk was higher than the axe cav's Atk. Spoilers: it wasn't. Not without the Attack Plus seal anyways.

Qe4Ax9L.png?1

Team aside from Xander:

Spoiler

BH!Roy (+Spd/-Res): Blazing Durandal, Reposition, Galeforce, Steady Blow 2, Desperation 3, Hone Cavalry, Attack +3
5* Cecilia (+Spd/-Def): Gronnraven+, Reposition, Moonbow, Triangle Adept 3, B Tomebreaker 3, Fortify Cavalry
5* Titiania (+Atk/-HP): Emerald Axe+, Reciprocal Aid, Iceberg, Armored Blow 3, G Tomebreaker 3, Ward Cavalry

Xander kills red mage. Cecilia kills blue mage. Titania kills lance cav. Roy kills axe cav, then Arvis. The end.

Though seriously, why didn't they add a sixth enemy for Infernal like they usually do? Any schmuck i.e. me with a BH!Roy can easily one-turn this map thanks to that.

Heh. Killing Arvis with Julia on Normal was fun. Didn't work at all on Hard, but it was fun to try to at least. Used 5-star Clarisse (Brave Archer build), 5-star Eirika (TA3/Swordbreaker 3), Ninian (TA3), and Julia (G Tomebreaker 3) for both versions, but... I feel like almost any team could've taken this on, honestly. Kinda underwhelming, even with the reinforcements. Both were cleared on the first try,

Infernal was... similarly unimpressive. Same Clarisse and Ninian, plus Reinhardt and Xander took complete control. They all had important roles at least, but it was certainly more forgiving than I expected. Also cleared on first try.

At least Arvis was certainly worth it. His art and voice are already amazing, and I'll start training him up right after I post this. 5-starring him may take priority over merging Ayra; hopefully that Tempest Trial comes soon, so I can do just that.

Lunatic was a pain in the rear- I had to rejigger a number of teams, and gave my Camus Harsh Command (that I didn't even wind up using). Lilina and her Blade tome proving that she was worth building in some regards, but for Infernal, I may consider promoting the man himself.

Lilina/Fae/Camus/Inigo, for the curious.

I beat Infernal and hard in 1 try with Cordelia and Elincia with Galeforce + 2 dancers. That was very satisfying to see my flier girls tag team that map.

I actually had to do lunatic a second time since Cordelia was too strong and killed the lance cav in 2 hits, failing to proc Galeforce, so Arvis nuked her. I took off PA Olivia's B skill so she didn't get an attack buff and she 3 hit him next try for it to work. On hard she didn't charge it either, but Arvis couldn't one shot her there so it didn't matter.

Very nice Arvis' Def Ploy 3 comes at 4*. I probably wasn't going to merge him anyway so I'm glad the copies will be good SI fodder.

Edited by Alkaid

19 hours ago, mampfoid said:

My first try will be like this (depends on the enemy stats): 

Hide contents

Starting positions: 

• BH!Roy upper left
  • Cordelia lower left
  • Dancer upper right
  • Elincia lower right

1st (and hopefully only) round:

1. BH!Roy (QP Seal) kills red mage, Galeforce procs
  2. BH!Roy repositions Cordelia
  3. Cordelia kills blue cav
  4. Elincia kills blue mage
  5. Dancer dances Elincia
  6. Elincia kills green cav, Galeforce procs
  7. Elincia kills boss mage

Alternative: 

Starting positions: 

• BH!Roy upper left
  • Elincia lower left
  • Dancer upper right
  • Cordelia lower right

1st round

1. BH!Roy (QP Seal) kills red mage, Galeforce procs, Hit and run let him retreat 1 box
  2. BH!Roy kills green Cav
  3. Cordelia kills blue mage
  4. Dancer dances Cordelia
  5. Cordelia kills blue cav, Galeforce procs
  6. Cordelia kills boss mage
  7. Elincia kills possible additional infernal unit. 

My Galeforce strat worked (slightly modified) for lunatic 1 round sweep, also my first use of flier formation: 

Spoiler

Starting positions: 

• Cordelia lower left (needs Reposition, can be any other flier)
  • BH!Roy upper left (needs QR seal)
  • Ninian upper right (needs Hone ATK3, can be any other dancer)
  • Elincia lower right (needs HP+3 seal and Galeforce)

1st (and only) round:

1. Elincia kills blue mage
  2. Ninian dances Elincia
  3. Elincia kills blue cav, Galeforce procs
  4. Cordelia respostions BH!Roy
  5. BH!Roy kills green cav, Galeforce procs
  6. Elincia kills red mage (flier formation needed to beam near Cordelia)
  7. BH!Roy kills Arvis

Now lets see if I can make it work for Infernal. 

10 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

My Galeforce strat worked (slightly modified) for lunatic 1 round sweep, also my first use of flier formation: 

Reveal hidden contents

Starting positions: 

• Cordelia lower left (needs Reposition, can be any other flier)
  • BH!Roy upper left (needs QR seal)
  • Ninian upper right (needs Hone ATK3, can be any other dancer)
  • Elincia lower right (needs HP+3 seal and Galeforce)

1st (and only) round:

1. Elincia kills blue mage
  2. Ninian dances Elincia
  3. Elincia kills blue cav, Galeforce procs
  4. Cordelia respostions BH!Roy
  5. BH!Roy kills green cav, Galeforce procs
  6. Elincia kills red mage (flier formation needed to beam near Cordelia)
  7. BH!Roy kills Arvis

Now lets see if I can make it work for Infernal. 

I had to switch Roy out for another dancer, because Elincia couldn't kill the blue infernal cav. In the end I could chose between Elincia and Cordelia to kill Arvis. 

Hopefully the next GHB gives me the chance to use three times Galeforce (saw this on Berkuts and Robins GHBs). 

This one was a lot easier than I was expecting. The main reason it took me multiple tries to clear Lunatic was because I’m an idiot who kept accidentally placing Soren without having him attack. 

I’m going to try finagling a way to clear it without the dancers doing any damage during the daylight hours when I have some spare time. 

Cleared Lunatic with PA!Azura, Brave Lyn, Reinhardt and Cecilia.

I tried one turning it- I could OHKO everyone but Arvis would be left and his activated special skill ensures someone would die (fun fact, 4 star Fortify Cavalry + Axura buffed Cecilia survives with HP+3 seal....so Arvis targeted Lyn instead :()

After a few tries, I just bit the bullet and let the reinforcements come in. Obstruct armors are a bit annoying but eventually, thanks to WoM Axura, I managed to defeat it.

Like FE4, fear the cavalry!

Used Linde, Klein, Cherche and Ninian to clear both Lunatic and Infernal. Strategy basicly just came down to killing things as they approuched me, although I had to run away from the green armor on Infernal. Linde has Blarblade and Cherche a Brave Axe in case that wasn't obvious. I can post a turn by turn strat and full skill lists if people want.

I found this to be one of easiest Infernal maps to date to be honest, but I'm not complaining about getting a free red mage.

Here's my clear. This was my second attempt, and I even gave Sophia Draw Back because I found myself in a situation where I needed it in the first one. I guess my positioning changed or something and it wasn't even necessary. Sorry about the massive slowdown at the beginning. It gets much better towards the middle point of the video.

Someday I'll finish my Rebecca and I'll be able to retire darling Cordelia. Until then, she will remain as quadqueen.

Edited by Ranulfo

I beat infernal with a team of Ike, Hector, Julia and Lilina. That was a bit of a challenge beating it without a dancer but it only involved killing everything as they attacked.  Lilina had Red tomebreaker to kill the red tome users and because mine was -speed I needed a speed + seal to double the armoured units. Took a few tries to manage to find a team that allowed me to kill things on the counter.

I'm sick and have sustained a Duck, Duck, Goose related injury, so it took me 3 tries to clear Hard...but I cleared Infernal the first time. I used Brave Roy, Reinhardt, and double dancers. My mind can't strategy right now. 

I used S.Corrin/Michalis/Palla/Ninian. Corrin's Desperation was really helpful for taking down mages and Palla and Ninian were warping everywhere with WoM.

Those one turn wins are pretty neat. I had to kill every last unit....

I use this team together so much, that even though Shigure isn't an Arena Bonus unit anymore I feel like I should Ally Support these guys anyways JUST because they have been there for me for... a good number of battles now.

Anyways, Arvis was a pain to deal with... because his ploy path was in the right position to pretty much always hit Bridelia and Elincia. I know I'm not using Reinhardt like pretty much everyone should, but I'm still proud of this team... and honestly I should just ally support them already. I use them all together so often it's not even that funny.

Spoiler

Anyways, is this thread the "official" GHB Arvis thread now? OP should update the first post with enemy unit information.

20 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm sick and have sustained a Duck, Duck, Goose related injury, so it took me 3 tries to clear Hard...but I cleared Infernal the first time. I used Brave Roy, Reinhardt, and double dancers. My mind can't strategy right now. 

Sorry to hear that, get well soon!

(Honestly I have no idea what a Duck, Duck, Goose injury could be.)

37 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Used Linde, Klein, Cherche and Ninian to clear both Lunatic and Infernal. Strategy basicly just came down to killing things as they approuched me, although I had to run away from the green armor on Infernal. Linde has Blarblade and Cherche a Brave Axe in case that wasn't obvious. I can post a turn by turn strat and full skill lists if people want.

I found this to be one of easiest Infernal maps to date to be honest, but I'm not complaining about getting a free red mage.

I've got these units with those major inheritances. Cherche is 4*, but I might be able to make do...