Grand Hero Battle Arvis

Prince Endriu

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My usual horse team of Xander, Reinhardt, Camus, and Lyn did their usual horse business.

Lyn had the Distant Def 2 seal, while Camus had to inherit BTB because he wasn’t killing the blue mages in time otherwise.

First turn: Lyn kills Arvis, Reinhardt kills the lance cavalier, Xander kills the axe cavalier, Camus kills the blue mge, we brace for impact.

Enemy phase: red mage barely survives attacking Reinhardt and spawns reinforcements. Seriously, 1 HP.

Second turn: Camus kills blue, Xander kills green, Lyn kills the lance cavalier, Reinhardt runs the hell away from the 1 HP red mage, who suicides at Lyn, leaving her at 3 HP.

Then the cleanup of the reinforcement mages and knights proceeded as usual for several turns, until

YliOUDg.png

Stage clear!

This map was a huge missed opportunity to use Confronting Arvis as a battle theme :(

24 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This map was a huge missed opportunity to use Confronting Arvis as a battle theme :(

Maybe as a map theme, but I think there's not been that many times, if any at all, where the battle theme was changed. Veronica has her own theme, but she's also the main antagonist of the game.

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Maybe as a map theme, but I think there's not been that many times, if any at all, where the battle theme was changed. Veronica has her own theme, but she's also the main antagonist of the game.

Didn’t the Eirika & Ephraim BHB use its own theme?

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Didn’t the Eirika & Ephraim BHB use its own theme?

Bond Hero Battles usually have a theme from their games

But yeah that's a shame. Tellius TT should have had the Vs Black Knight theme as the final map and not just the normal theme.

Spoiler

Edited by mcsilas

Didnt clear lunatic and infernal yet since i am trying to beat it with the Askr trio and wrys. So far going well but on round 3 or 4 my current strategy gets fucked up by shareena being dragged back by axe cavalier into arvis range... i need to work around that.

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

Sorry to hear that, get well soon!

(Honestly I have no idea what a Duck, Duck, Goose injury could be.)

Thanks. ^^ I'll be fine. (Just know that it involves barely being faster than a 7 year old and hitting the ground hard.) 

Arvis gets some cool lines. It's also very confusing that he scares the same voice actor as Innes.

My A team cleaned house. Took 2 tries for both Lunatic and Infernal. Didn't even need a potion. Wasn't paying attention and got Olivia killed on my first Infernal run. Second time smoked it, had a close call or two but positioning was key.

• *4 Olivia: Ruby Sword/Dance/New Moon/Fury 2/WoM 3/Hone ATK 3/Fortify Res 1 Seal
  • *5 Ninian: Light Breath+/Dance/WoM 3/Hone Speed 3/Fortify Def 1 Seal
  • *5 +SPD/-DEF Nino +1: Gronnblade+/Draw Back/Moonbow/Fury 3/Desp 3/Hone ATK 3/Deflect Magic 1 Seal
  • *5 +ATK/-HP Bridelia +1: Brave Bow+/Rally ATK/SPD/Life and Death 2/Desperation/Fortify DEF 3/Attack +3 Seal.
  • S Supports: Olivia/Bride Cordelia

Some positioning here and a failure to kill there supported by a dance and some clever positioning and the map was smoked. Was a small hiccup with an armor which was saved by the +2 ATK bonus from the support between the Bride and Olivia. This run has solidified that this team is absolutely my A team. Dancers buffing all stats for Nino and Bridelia, who nuke everything in their path. Saved occasionally by Olivia who can take a hit from greens and Ninian who can take a hit from reds. Both of them had to do this at least once by the way.

Edited by Zeo

Cleared Infernal first try; did not expect the massive number of reinforcements given the number that showed up on Hard and Lunatic.

Used:

+2 Brave Lyn (Reposition, Hone Cavalry, Atk +1)

5* +1 +Atk/-Spd Reinhardt (standard Lancebreaker Memebow set with Hone Cavalry)

5* Olivia (Ruby Sword+, Fury 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Fortify Def 1)

+Atk/-Def PA Azura (Wings of Mercy 3)

Basically, it comes down to prioritizing on taking down nearby cavalry/mage units safely; kite around the armored units.

33 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Thanks. ^^ I'll be fine. (Just know that it involves barely being faster than a 7 year old and hitting the ground hard.) 

[...]

Ouch. 7 year old kids can reach quite some speed though.  Less mass to accelerate I guess. 

Well, this is tougher than I thought it'd be. Hard surprised me while I was using a party of fliers (That includes Elincia) 5 levels above the enemies. Lunatic is beating me solidly so far while I'm using Azura, B!Ike, B!Lyn and Eliwood (All of who are support pairs and B!Lyn's my summoner support.)

I am already afraid of Infernal.

Edited by Dayni

Spend a lot of time on the damage calculator today - hmm... always something missing.

Been watching some youtube vids and found this interesting piece

Might be able to replicate this as I have just yesterday promoted my Cordelia.

She is -spd though, so I will have to upgrade the speed seal to plus 3 and give her at least darting blow 1 - thought about lancebreaker but that slot will be taken by hit and run.

Will also make use of my Frederick, whom I have also promoted yesterday and given brave axe+ - will give him axebreaker to perform the a final quad blow on the axe cavalier.

I just went for the cheesy one-turn clear for Infernal, using B!Roy, B!Lyn, Reinhardt, and P!Azura (though any refresher could have been used).  Roy one rounds the axe cav and Arvis thanks to Galeforce, Reinhardt takes out the red mage, Lyn the blue, and then refreshed to finish the lance cav since Draconic Aura was charged.  It's dirty, but Arvis kind of deserves it lol

I cleared infernal on turn 1 with Ninian, B Lyn, Reinhardt, and Camilla. I gave Lyn QP Moonbow to deal with the axe unit and Ninian R Time Breaker to enemy phase the western mage.

I'm looking forward to training up Arvis, he looks really cool.

This was pathetic.  I cleared all three difficulties Turn 1 with Reinhardt (+HP/-Res, Death Blow 3,  Lancebreaker, Goad Cav, Atk+2 seal), Brave Roy (Neutral, Darting Blow 3, Fortify Cavalry, Galeforce, Quickened Pulse seal), and two dancers (I used PA Inigo and Ninian, but any two dancers works).

The starting positions were Rein on the lower left, Roy on the lower right, and the dancers on the top.  Rein kills the red mage, in a spot where the goad reaches Roy as he kills the blue mage.  Dance Rein with the dancer who started above Roy, and have him kill the blue cav.  Then have Roy kill the axe cav.  Have the second dancer dance Rein, and have him kill Arvis.

Cheesed it with horses, as usual.  I'm only at 12k feathers so I can't 5* him just yet.  People keep saying they'll fodder off Arvis but I can't help but keep every copy I get.

Screenshot_20171018-065051.jpg