Grand Hero Battle Arvis

Prince Endriu

Well this was the GHB I had the easiest time to clear. I 1 turned every difficulty on my first try using B!Roy, Reinhardt and 2 dancers. I was sure after seeing the map in the tweet that Infernal would add an enemy and space them out to prevent Galeforce cheese, but apparently not. 

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a little trouble on Lunatic but after I wanna say, 5 tries, re equipping QR 2 on Ninian against the red mage on the left, and somehow noticing Ike has Sword Breaker and not vantage I managed to beat it. I hope Arvis turns out to be good and that we get some other good units as Grand Hero re runs. I need Camus and Xander soon.

Frankly I am not sure how I am going to complete infernal. I managed Lunatic with my fliers, but Summer Corrin literally survived with 1hp. Arvis would kill her on Infernal I don't doubt. I also did not realize the AoE skills ignored spurs/distant defense/etc. I very nearly crapped myself when it hit for 8 more damage than I calculated. I will probably just have to try to out tank it with armor. The only Galeforce I have is -ATK B!Roy and he hits like a wet noodle. So I'm not sure if I can 1 turn cheese it like others are.

49 minutes ago, Green Tees said:

I hope Arvis turns out to be good and that we get some other good units as Grand Hero re runs. I need Camus and Xander soon.

As a F2P red mage, Arvis is good since the only other F2P red mages are Raigh, Sophia, and Henry, who all require some potentially heavy investment to be decent. As a unit in general, Arvis is more of a utility unit with good Atk and Res since he can debuff 3 stats at once using his base kit and can act as a pseudo-healer if he were to inherit Ardent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid because of his unique Recovery Ring passive. His good Res allows Iceberg and Glacies to be good specials for him if Growing Flame is not preferred. His main flaws are that his stats are pretty standard for many mages (good Atk and Res, mediocre Spd (31 Spd at 5*), low HP and Def) though.

As a fodder unit, he’s currently the only non-seasonal and F2P source of Def Ploy 3 since he gets it at 4*.

tldr; Arvis is no Tharja/Celica/Katarina but he makes a great support unit.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 hour ago, Usana said:

Frankly I am not sure how I am going to complete infernal. I managed Lunatic with my fliers, but Summer Corrin literally survived with 1hp. Arvis would kill her on Infernal I don't doubt. I also did not realize the AoE skills ignored spurs/distant defense/etc. I very nearly crapped myself when it hit for 8 more damage than I calculated. I will probably just have to try to out tank it with armor. The only Galeforce I have is -ATK B!Roy and he hits like a wet noodle. So I'm not sure if I can 1 turn cheese it like others are.

-ATK BH!Roy with LnD2 can reach 52 ATK, all units in the map have got 52 or 53 ATK. With one Hone ATK and QP seal, Roy can proc Galeforce delivering 2 hits. The bigger problem would be to double the both LnD mages (40 SPD). 

He can double and kill the Axe Cav (SPD 27) and Arvis (SPD 34, Roy needs a +SPD nature, a SPD buff or redtomebreaker) though. That leaves two mages and one cav for your remaining three units. Bring out the brave swords/axes/lances/bows and you are done with it. 

Edited by mampfoid

Went the cheapest route possible with Bow Lyn (without Brave Bow though), Reinhardt, Xander and Olivia. 

Infernal and Lunatic on first try (but lost once at Hard trying to use a lesser team..)

Edited by Vince777

Did Infernal with Olwen, Frederick, Ninian and Axura.
Took me some try's. If I had used this team from the beginning I could also brag that I did it on first try. What a shame. xD

Now I have really a hard time to think what I will do with Arvis later. If he should be skill fodder or if I use him later.

Edited by Stroud

All right got Lunatic down with The Askr Trio 5 Star and Wrys 5 Star and it needed some Vanilla Unit (only 4Star) Skill Inheritance, tried to avoid as much Skill Inheritance as possible. This almost killed me, so many Stamina Potions down the drain! Now up to Infernal ._.. I am not sure if i can reproduce this on Infernal with the Askr Trio -_-
Will upload a Video on Lunatic clear with Askr Trio

Used brave Lyn, brave Roy, ninian and Olivia. I had to sacrifice a 4 Star Klein for brave bow so lyn could one shot everyone (thanks to dancers) apart from the axe cavalier and arvis, which I used brave Roy to kill first the axe cavalier, proc galeforce then killed arvis, which needed a speed+1 seal to double. Was really fun despite how easy it was.

That was super easy My Team was Reinhardt (with +3 Atk seal), Xander, Camus, and Ursula (using a Blade Tome but not a plus one).  I did all three difficulties no problem and only had to restart once when it turned out my Reinhardt could just barely not kill Arvis (I only have DB 2 on him)  so I had to put the +3 Atk seal on him. 

Here’s a video of my Infernal strat might update with a one turn if I can pull off I think if I give Ursula a QP Seal I can one turn it.

Spoiler

Edit: It Worked! One Turn Clear! No Galeforce. Same team as before all I did was put a QP seal on Ursula.

Edited by Locke087

Ok so without Galeforce and Brave Lyn infernal is getting frustrating. 

I've come close using Rein, Brave Ike, Ninian, and Olivia but I get swarmed by the cavalier reinforcements.

Also have Klein and Sigurd as possible teammates that I think may be helpful, but it's tough to think of a strategy. And  most of the videos right now are cheese strategies. :/

Took a few tries, but I managed to clear Infernal using Elincia, Hinoka, Spring Camilla, and Performer Azura. Camilla was the MVP this time around, being just fast enough to double the cavs and easily fast enough to double the armors, letting her get full use out of Gronnblade's massive damage. Then I did Hard and pulled off the one-turn clear with Roy.

This map puts up a pretty satisfying fight as long as you can't one-turn it, although it's not as brutal as Valter's. Although I also didn't have Team Flying Death Princesses for Valter's. (Or in this case, three members of Team Flying Death Princesses joined by a non-flying princess in Corrin's spot.)

Arvis's joining dialogue bugs me, since it implies both Fjalar and Maera were crusaders rather than just Fjalar. His Catalogue of Heroes entry gets it right, though, by saying "crusader" rather than "crusaders".

Lunatic Arvis Grand Hero Battle Clear with Askar 5 Star Trio and 5 Star Wrys

I tried ot avoid as much Skill Inheritance as possible. As a Rule of Thumb only Vanilla Sacred Seals not from Tempest Trials were allowed. This was made to ensure that F2P that missed said selas or dont have much coins can still clear it if they have the Skills to Inherit.

Unit Setup:

Wrys:
Nature: not +RES or -Atk (important)
Skill inherited: WoM 2 [4* Palla, 3*/4* Cain]
Weapon: Assault (important due to higher Might)
Skill: Heavenly Light (Important for Anna to Survive)
Everything else is Vanilla
Seal: Fortify Res (important so he gets attacked instead of Anna from the Blue mage and Sharena takes lesser damage from the Red mage)

Alfonse
Skill inherited: Triangle Adept 3 [4* Roy], Red Tome Breaker 1 or 2 or 3 [3* Odin]
Assist: not needed (had it equiped during the vid but it never was used)
Rest is Vanilla
Seal: Atk+1 (important to kill of the Axe Tank)

Anna
Skill inherited: Fury 3 [4* Hinata]
Rest is Vanilla (Keep her Vanilla Vantage on, it prevents her from being attacked by the Green Axe Cavalier once her Special is full!!!)
Seal: Spd+1 (important so she can double the Blue mages)

Sharena
Skill inherited: Fury 3 [4* Hinata] (so she can ORKO the Red Mages), Escape Route 2-3[3*/4* Cecilia]
Bonfire [4* Robin] (Albeit Moonbow or Luna or other specials could work too)
Rest is Vanilla
Seal: Def +1 (important so she doesnt take too much Damage)

Now to bang my wall against Infernal to find a Askr Trio Clear there ._.

Edited by Hilda

53 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

-ATK BH!Roy with LnD2 can reach 52 ATK, all units in the map have got 52 or 53 ATK. With one Hone ATK and QP seal, Roy can proc Galeforce delivering 2 hits. The bigger problem would be to double the both LnD mages (40 SPD). 

He can double and kill the Axe Cav (SPD 27) and Arvis (SPD 34, Roy needs a +SPD nature, a SPD buff, seal or breaker) though. That leaves two mages and one cav for your remaining three units. Bring out the brave swords/axes/lances/bows and you are done with it. 

Low on LnD fodder. I do have a Jaffar that I got instead of Takumi that I could kill, but I am kinda loathe to burn him on B!Roy.  I guess I could spend a bunch of shards and feathers to get that 1* Hana I have up up. But like Jaffar I would rather save her for someone who would use LnD regularly rather than just for one map. That and any B!Roy strat will have to wait until the weekend. I really don't feel like Grinding SP up without the bonus. *Sigh* Why can't Cordelia get Gale at 4*. I have a rather pretty +9 4* Cordelia. I don't really want to 5* her only to get her GF and a stat decrease.

Armor + Healer ain't working. I'll try full armor later when some stamina regens. But I fear I'll need a heal to make it all the way with armor. Plus those mages are going to be a pain. They appear to be stated out so that even +Atk Hector with Hone armor can't one shot the blue mage. Single digit HP left, but the blasted mage survives. Ninian + Armor might also be an option. My only other option might be BraveLyn/Reinhardt/Ninian/Some other person. But it sounds like lack of Brave Bow may leave that wanting.

Oh and the C-Smokes should be only on initiation. It is very annoying to eat such a large penalty when you attack the smoke unit.

Ok, just did Lunatic with Xander, Brave!Lyn, Green!Azura and Shigure haha... not the great think but it worked! Now... I'm not sure I can beat Infernal so... Mmm, maybe I'll lv up my 5*Rein before trying

48 minutes ago, Othin said:

Arvis's joining dialogue bugs me, since it implies both Fjalar and Maera were crusaders rather than just Fjalar. His Catalogue of Heroes entry gets it right, though, by saying "crusader" rather than "crusaders".

Fjalar? That is her name!?!

heroesfala

I though Valflame was supposed to be named after her! I know it's probably supposed to be another Norse mythos reference, but I don't like it right now. Maera instead of Maira works since it's basically the same, but Val sounds so much better. I'll get used to it though. Is Fjalar supposed to be a more Norsey spelling of Freya? Like Wodan-Odin? I could get behind that if it was.

Edit, did the lookup myself, it's the name of the crimson rooster who sounds the arrival of Ragnarok according to Wikipedia. Not bad, not as good as Freya, but it being a red apocalyptic chicken makes it okay.

Azelle Hatcher and the Giant Egg anyone?

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Took a bit of tinkering with my ponies, but I managed to do Infernal. Clive showing the world Brave Lyndis isn't a necessary force.

The team:

• 5* Xander. Skill A was Triangle Adept 2, B was Vantage 3, C was Hone Cavalry, and Seal was HP +3. Weapon was Siegfried, assist was Reposition, and proc was Bonfire. S Support with Reinhardt.
  • 5* Clive. Skill B was Escape Route 1, C was Hone Cavalry. Weapon was Silver Lance +, and proc was Buckler.
  • 5* + Speed, - Resistance Reinhardt. Skill A was Death Blow 3, B was Vantage 3 (initial strategy for Lunatic required this), C was Goad Cavalry, and Seal was Breath of Life 1. Weapon was Dire Thunder, assist was Draw Back, and proc was Moonblow. S Support with Xander.
  • 5* + Speed, - Attack Cecilia. Skill A was Fury 3, B was Escape Route 3, C was Fortify Cavalry, and Seal was Distant Defence 2. Weapon was Gronnblade +, assist was Draw Back, and proc was Luna.

The strategy:

Formation: Xander top left, Reinhardt top right, Clive bottom left, Cecilia bottom right.

Turn 1: Reinhardt kills the Blue Mage, then Clive kills the Red Mage. Has to be done in this order because Clive can't kill without the Goad buff. Cecilia moves to the left of Xander, and Xander Repositions Reinhardt to safety. On the EP, the Lance Cavalier attacks Clive, and the Axe Cavalier dies to Xander.
Turn 2: Reinhardt kills the Sword Armour that just spawned and Xander moves to his left. Cecilia moves below Reinhardt aand kills the Cavalier as Clive moves to her left. On the EP,  the Axe Armour attacks Xander.
Turn 3: Xander kills the Armour, Clive moves to his left, Reinhardt above Clive, and Cecilia above Xander. On the EP, the Axe Cavalier dies to Xander.
Turn 4: Cecilia kills the Lance Cavalier and Reinhardt kills the Blue Mage, giving Cecilia 27 HP (important, since the Red Mage would target and kill her if she wasn't healed. This is also why she has Distant Defence 2). Xander moves in range of the Sword Armour, and Clive moves two spaces left. On the EP, the Sword Armour and the Red Mage attack Xander and Reinhardt, respectively.
Turn 5: Reinhardt kills the Sword Armour, Cecilia kills the Red Mage via Luna proc, staying out of the range of the Axe Armour. Xander moves below Reinhardt. On the EP, the Armour attacks Xander.
Turn 6: Cecilia uses Drag Back on Reinhardt, moving her in range of the Blue Mage. Xander moves above the Axe Armour and kills him. Clive moves to Xander's right. On the EP, the Blue Mage will attack and get killed by Cecilia.
Turn 7: Reinhardt kills the Red Mage, staying out of Arvis's range.
Turn 8: Gang up on Arvis.

My Lunatic run required so much Clive shifting around via Escape Route, and then for Infernal... I didn't need it. Huh.

Edited by DodgeDusk

Completed all difficulties! I finished Infernal with Azura, PA Azura, Reinhardt, and Cecilia, but any dancers will do. I decided to do a write-up of my strategy, entitled "Dancer, Dancer! Horse, Horse!"

Spoiler

First, here's what I have for Cecilia & Reinhardt:

Spoiler

95gkYbh.jpg

The key skills for Cecilia were Draw Back (Reposition would work too), Draconic Aura (or some other 3 turn skill), and Hone Cav. She doesn't need Desperation, Darting Blow, or a seal. However, her 47 Atk is a crucial number, since she would hit some enemies for exactly the necessary amount. If yours has a lower attack, that could probably be patched up by an offensive skill in the A-passive, or putting a Fortify seal on Reinhardt, or maybe Fortify skills on the dancers. She is +Spd, but I don't think that mattered.

Reinhardt needs Reposition (or Draw Back), DB3, and Hone Cav.

(They also don't support each other.)

Strategy:

LwUY8XN.jpg

The first panel shows the starting position. Have Cecilia delete the blue mage, and Reinhardt the red one (ends up looking like panel 2). Have each dancer dance for the horse below them, and then have the horses move up and assist the dancers to safety. End turn. The third panels hows the start of Turn 2. Have Reinhardt attack the axe knight, and then have the dancer below Cecilia move to the left of Reinhardt and dance for him (shown last panel). Then have him remove the sword knight, and have Cecilia finish it off where she is.

wZ2zUWz.jpg

(Ignore the first panel, I had Cecilia attack diagonally and then danced to move her back where she was). The second panel shows the start of Turn 3. It's time for Cecilia to play Pacman: have her delete the axe cav (third panel), dance, delete the lance cav, dance, and delete the mage (last panel). Have Reinhardt move a block south, above Cecilia.

uPy72KC.jpg

First panel is the start of Turn 4 and more Cecilia shenanigans. Have her dispose of the sword knight (panel 2), and then have a dancer dance her from below, and then Cecilia gets rid of the other knight (panel 3). Reinhardt moves up to Reposition Cecilia, and the other dancer moves to the square Cecilia was in. Panel 5 shows the position at the start of Turn 5.

c96uMhb.jpg

Have Reinhardt kill the mage and Cecilia the lance cav (resulting position in first panel). Dance for Cecilia, and then have her head south to remove the axe cav (panel 2). Have your dancer dance for Reinhardt from below, and then have Reinhardt reposition Cecilia (resulting in panel 3). Panel 3 shows the start of Turn 6. Reinhardt kills the red mage, Cecilia the blue (last panel). Dance for Reinhardt, and have him finish off Arvis.

Hope that might be of use to someone!

Edited by Astellius