Grand Hero Battle Arvis

Prince Endriu

Lunatic was the use BH Roy thing. I thought about BH Roy and Galeforce, but didn't know if it would actually work until people started talking about it. Team of neutral BH Lyn, neutral 4* Olivia with Wings of Mercy 3, +Res, -Def BH Roy, and +Res, -Atk 5* Titania with Glacies and Hone Cavalry. Titania being -Atk becomes a problem later. For lunatic, however, after BH Roy does his thing of taking out the axe cavalier and Arvis, Titania takes out the lance cavalier and Lyn takes out both mages with Olivia's help by warping in with WoM3. The funny thing is if Roy had even less defense, Olivia could have warped to him and had him take out the blue mage.

Infernal ran into a problem after messing around with it and almost being able to complete it when I switched out Olivia for a +Atk, -Res 3* Frederick with Brave Axe and Fortify Cavalry -- didn't do much other than lower the damage Lyn took from the red mage. -Atk 5* Titania leaves the lance cavalier with 13 HP. She would need a +5 attack buff or a special to activate to finish him off. If she were =Atk, then she leaves him with 1 HP and would only need an Attack +1 seal. I could have given Lyn or Roy Hone Cavalry, but I have too many units and used a spare Niles to give her Iceberg and slapped a Quickened Pulse seal on her. Same thing happens as before, but Frederick takes out the blue mage. Oh, the joys of having nonexistent defense with L&D3. :p

Anyway, this marks my first one-turn GHB clear.

Edited by Kaden

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to one turn Lunatic with Brave Lyn, Titania, Camus, and PA Olivia. Camus took out the red mage while Titania took out the blue one. Lyn handled the two melee horses with dancing and with the Distant Def seal, she was able to survive Arvis' attack with 1 HP and finish him off. Now, the question remains, is he worth promoting?

Okay managed to do Infernal in my main with Reinhardt (Lancebreaker and Luna), Brave Lyn (Fortify Cav), Xander (Hone Cav and Bonfire) and PA!Azura (WoM 2)

Axura's Urdr reaaalllly helped as she darted around with WoM. Sometimes Lyn/Reinhardt would miss KOs by 2 HP so Axura really helped.

Xander was left with 1 HP by the end, thanks to Fury 2.

5 hours ago, Hilda said:

And finished Infernal with the Askr Trio. Only Restriction i made was no 5 Star skill inheritance. All Seals allowed (altough only used fully upgrade Distant Def Seal3). This was the most unorthodox battle i ever did.

Alfonse:
Weapon: Armor Breaking Sword
Assist: Reposition
Special: Bonfire
A: Triangle Adept 3
B: Red Tome Breaker
C: Hone Atk
Seal: Atk+1

Sharena:
Weapon: Fensalir
Assist: never used .... Rally Atk.
Special: Bonfire
A: Fury 3
B: Red Tome Breaker
C: Hone Atk i thnk? not sure anymore, its the vanilla skill

Anna:
Weapon: Neatun
Assist: Reciprocal Aid
Special: Miracle
A: Res +3
B: Blue Tome Breaker
C: Spur Res 3
Seal: Distant Def 3

Wrys:
Weapon: Slow
Assist: Rehabilitate
Special: Miracle
A: Res+3
B: Wings of Mercy 3
C: Forfity Res
Seal: Quickend Pulse

Thats all my Brain went now into fart mode....

I can go R.I.P. now

Wow, great one! The armors were quite a pain it seems. Surprisingly everybody needed a tome breaker. Double miracle and Annas Noatun got some heavy use. 

I admit it...I trivialized Infernal with Brave Roy, Reinhardt, Olwen, and Cecilia before leaving for work this morning. However, after giving it some thought (part planning and part trial and error), I managed to get this team together to clear Infernal:

• 5* +0 Arvis (neutral): Valflame, [no assist], Growing Flame, [no A passive], Recover Ring, Def Ploy 3, Res +1 Seal
  • 4* +0 Arthur (neutral): Emerald Axe, Swap, [no special], HP +5, Lancebreaker 2, [no C passive], [no seal]
  • 4* +0 Donnel (neutral): Brave Lance, Reciprocal Aid, [no special], HP +5, Drag Back, [no C passive], Atk +1 Seal
  • 4* +0 Olivia (neutral): [no weapon], Dance, [no special], [no A passive], [no B passive], Hone Atk 3, Spur Spd 1 Seal

As a happy side effect, I'm now well prepared for the eventual "KO Arvis with Arvis" rerun quest...whenever that may come 'round.

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:
  • 5* +0 Arvis (neutral): Valflame, [no assist], Growing Flame, [no A passive], Recover Ring, Def Ploy 3, Res +1 Seal
  • 4* +0 Arthur (neutral): Emerald Axe, Swap, [no special], HP +5, Lancebreaker 2, [no C passive], [no seal]
  • 4* +0 Donnel (neutral): Brave Lance, Reciprocal Aid, [no special], HP +5, Drag Back, [no C passive], Atk +1 Seal
  • 4* +0 Olivia (neutral): [no weapon], Dance, [no special], [no A passive], [no B passive], Hone Atk 3, Spur Spd 1 Seal

...Holy...

Pity I don't think my merged Olivia is going to work. Nor do I suspect I have the requisite natures on Donny and Arthur.

And I wouldn't have Arvis in time.

...Well, now I feel bad.

39 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, great one! The armors were quite a pain it seems. Surprisingly everybody needed a tome breaker. Double miracle and Annas Noatun got some heavy use. 

Miracle gave Anna and Wryd like 9 cat lifes lol. And yes i almost wiped on the armors at the end. They are really annoing to deal in the end, and i almost wiped by a mistake i could luckily correct. 

Without Tomebreakers no ORKO mages. Unless i use some form of Brave weapon.

Edited by Hilda

30 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Holy...

Pity I don't think my merged Olivia is going to work. Nor do I suspect I have the requisite natures on Donny and Arthur.

And I wouldn't have Arvis in time.

...Well, now I feel bad.

Do you have another Olivia? Not sure if this was posted her but here's a double dancer clear with Donnel and Ursula (although she needs to be 5 star)

Tried replacing Ursula with Reinhardt since mine is 4 star, but Blarwolf being effective against cavalry is needed against the axe cavalier..

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Do you have another Olivia? Not sure if this was posted her but here's a double dancer clear with Donnel and Ursula (although she needs to be 5 star)

Tried replacing Ursula with Reinhardt since mine is 4 star, but Blarwolf being effective against cavalry is needed against the axe cavalier..

Have neither. The Olivia thing is also unlikely.

8 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

Considering I haven't got a Reinhardt or a Galeforce unit and I'm struggling to clear Lunatic, definitely the latter.

@Bartozio Do you still have that Infernal strat of yours? I vaguely remember you using units I have, so I may want to nick your strategy.

Yeah, I used Cherche, Klein, Linde and Ninian (altough I think Ninian can easily be replaced by Olivia). I'll have to replay it to give you a turn by turn, so I'll be back with it in a bit.

34 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Yeah, I used Cherche, Klein, Linde and Ninian (altough I think Ninian can easily be replaced by Olivia). I'll have to replay it to give you a turn by turn, so I'll be back with it in a bit.

Ninian is fine. I have Ninian.

Admittedly, I'm more scared of that Cherche being 5* and screwing something up there.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Ninian is fine. I have Ninian.

Admittedly, I'm more scared of that Cherche being 5* and screwing something up there.

Alright, first off, full sets (everyone is lvl 40 5* with no merges):

Spoiler

Klein (+Atk, -Def)
(Brave Bow+, Reposition, Glacies, DB3,  Hone Speed)

Linde (+Atk, -Def)
(BlarBlade+, LaD 1, Fortify Res)

Cherche (+Atk, -HP)
(Brave Axe+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, DB3, Hit and Run)

Ninian (+Spd, -Atk)
(Dance, Hone Attack 3)

(Ninian doesn't need the +Spd for this, but not being -Res probably helps out)

Turn by turn:

Spoiler

First turn: Cherche kills the blue mage and moves up north with Hit and Run. Klein kills the red mage. Then, a dance and reposition get both him and Ninian out of harms way. Linde moves next to Ninian.

EP: armors and a mage spawn

Second turn: Linde moves one tile south to kill the red armor. Klein and Ninian move to the north western corner with Reposition+Dance. Cherche moves next to Ninian.

EP: enemies approuch.

Third turn: Klein starts off by killing the blue mage. Cherche kills the axe cavelier and moves in front of Klein with Hit and Run to protect him from the lance cav. Linde kills the axe armor with Dance support.

EP: The lance cav hits cherche, but she survives.

Fourth turn: Klein kills the lance cav and Linde kills the spawned sword armor. Cherche moves next to Ninian for the buff.

EP: More enemies spawn.

Fifth turn: Cherche kills the Axe cav, Klein kills the spawned Red mage, and Linde kills the axe armor with dance support.

EP: More enemies spawn. Arvis finaly decides to move towards my guys as well.

Sixth turn: Cherche kills the blue mage. Klein now moves south of her. Ninian then dances Cherche so she can use reposition on Klein. Linde moves north of Ninian.

Seventh turn: Cherche kills the blue cav. I make sure everyone except Ninian is outside of Arvis's range.

EP: Arvis attacks Ninian, but she tanks the hit.

Final turn: Klein kills Arvis, Ninian dances him, Cherche moves her out of the way, and Klein also kills the final mage.

Pretty sure this is not how I did it the first time around, but it worked. I hope it's not to chaotic, I should probably try to figure out how to record and upload this stuff sometime...

20 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Alright, first off, full sets (everyone is lvl 40 5* with no merges):

Hide contents

Klein (+Atk, -Def)
(Brave Bow+, Reposition, Glacies, DB3,  Hone Speed)

Linde (+Atk, -Def)
(BlarBlade+, LaD 1, Fortify Res)

Cherche (+Atk, -HP)
(Brave Axe+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, DB3, Hit and Run)

Ninian (+Spd, -Atk)
(Dance, Hone Attack 3)

(Ninian doesn't need the +Spd for this, but not being -Res probably helps out)

Turn by turn:

Hide contents

First turn: Cherche kills the blue mage and moves up north with Hit and Run. Klein kills the red mage. Then, a dance and reposition get both him and Ninian out of harms way. Linde moves next to Ninian.

EP: armors and a mage spawn

Second turn: Linde moves one tile south to kill the red armor. Klein and Ninian move to the north western corner with Reposition+Dance. Cherche moves next to Ninian.

EP: enemies approuch.

Third turn: Klein starts off by killing the blue mage. Cherche kills the axe cavelier and moves in front of Klein with Hit and Run to protect him from the lance cav. Linde kills the axe armor with Dance support.

EP: The lance cav hits cherche, but she survives.

Fourth turn: Klein kills the lance cav and Linde kills the spawned sword armor. Cherche moves next to Ninian for the buff.

EP: More enemies spawn.

Fifth turn: Cherche kills the Axe cav, Klein kills the spawned Red mage, and Linde kills the axe armor with dance support.

EP: More enemies spawn. Arvis finaly decides to move towards my guys as well.

Sixth turn: Cherche kills the blue mage. Klein now moves south of her. Ninian then dances Cherche so she can use reposition on Klein. Linde moves north of Ninian.

Seventh turn: Cherche kills the blue cav. I make sure everyone except Ninian is outside of Arvis's range.

EP: Arvis attacks Ninian, but she tanks the hit.

Final turn: Klein kills Arvis, Ninian dances him, Cherche moves her out of the way, and Klein also kills the final mage.

Pretty sure this is not how I did it the first time around, but it worked. I hope it's not to chaotic, I should probably try to figure out how to record and upload this stuff sometime...

...Hope that Death Blow was a good investment, because Cherche does not have the SP for it right now... darn it.

That was my last fodder Klein, too...

EDIT: And yeah, the guide's a bit hard to follow...

Edited by phineas81707

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I came to like BH!Roy very much, he is fun to play. My first one was -ATK as well, but I used him much anyway. Nearly on the last day of the CYL banner I was fortunate to get another one (+RES -DEF). In my opinion he is worth investment even with -ATK bane, -SPD would be worse.

Also Cordelia is worth the feathers. The sacrifice of one 5* Cordelia will give your 4* +9 one the final merge to +10 plus her three 5* locked skills (TA3, Galeforce, Brave+). 

Sorry for advertising team Galeforce, but those are some of my favorite units to play (Elincia, Cordelia & BH!Roy).

I don't mind Galeforce advertising, I just wish it was on more units so I can actually give it to someone without murdering a B!Roy or something similar. As for Cordelia, yeah I had planned on the next one I draw to eat feathers to give Cordelia Brave+ and the +10 merge. I just never bothered to save the one that bumped her to +9 since I basically never needed the +3 attack from Brave+ and Galeforce would likely only be used on rare occasions.

Anyways I have been trying things left and right. So it might be my only hope. Only question is if I kill that Hana or just up and give B!Roy the full LnD experience via Jaffar. I'll have to grind him a bunch of SP though. I guess the good news is with so many good reds on the banners I might get lucky and pull a better boon/bane for him sometime.

Uggh, those mages are seriously annoying. Most of my heavy hitters juuuust miss doubling them. My Summer Corrin with LnD3 would be 2 speed off. My Darting Blow Soren is 2 speed short. LnD 3 Delthea is 2 speed short. Neutral Linde is 3 short if using darting blow. Neutral Nino is also 3 short with Darting Blow. How many Speed seals can we get again? I suppose if I clear that squad assault and upgrade I could get 2 +2 speed seals which may be all I need. But I only have 11 Sacred Coins and I don't think I can get enough before the map ends so that is a dud. At least @donkeykhang shared a way to do it with 4 mages. I am just not sure if my mix can pull it off. For Red Tomes I have . . . +Atk/-Res Tharja and +Def/-Atk Leo. Oh and I guess I could 20k the Lunatic Arvis. Also I have way less moonbow. And positionals are beginning to become a problem.

1 hour ago, Usana said:

I don't mind Galeforce advertising, I just wish it was on more units so I can actually give it to someone without murdering a B!Roy or something similar. As for Cordelia, yeah I had planned on the next one I draw to eat feathers to give Cordelia Brave+ and the +10 merge. I just never bothered to save the one that bumped her to +9 since I basically never needed the +3 attack from Brave+ and Galeforce would likely only be used on rare occasions.

Anyways I have been trying things left and right. So it might be my only hope. Only question is if I kill that Hana or just up and give B!Roy the full LnD experience via Jaffar. I'll have to grind him a bunch of SP though. I guess the good news is with so many good reds on the banners I might get lucky and pull a better boon/bane for him sometime.

Uggh, those mages are seriously annoying. Most of my heavy hitters juuuust miss doubling them. My Summer Corrin with LnD3 would be 2 speed off. My Darting Blow Soren is 2 speed short. LnD 3 Delthea is 2 speed short. Neutral Linde is 3 short if using darting blow. Neutral Nino is also 3 short with Darting Blow. How many Speed seals can we get again? I suppose if I clear that squad assault and upgrade I could get 2 +2 speed seals which may be all I need. But I only have 11 Sacred Coins and I don't think I can get enough before the map ends so that is a dud. At least @donkeykhang shared a way to do it with 4 mages. I am just not sure if my mix can pull it off. For Red Tomes I have . . . +Atk/-Res Tharja and +Def/-Atk Leo. Oh and I guess I could 20k the Lunatic Arvis. Also I have way less moonbow. And positionals are beginning to become a problem.

Would some tome breakers or quick riposte do the trick? 

Tomebreakers are apparently incredibly rare or some such since I basically have 0 options there. And the bigger issue is that even with breaker my mages would die due to attrition. No, even with one seal and one hone speed I have no issues deleting the mages on my phase. The problem now is the cavs. It takes two mages to take down a cav. I end up in  a situation at the last reinforcement where I just can't quite make it. I actually thought I had it, apparently I had forgotten the extra wave Infernal gets. That wave was just able to overpower my units. I might be able to manage if Tharja gets TA. But I need some grinding for that. She is also lacking a positional. Thankfully I have a Selena that can solve both with one go. TA2 might be just enough to let her get the ko on the green cav without Soren giving her a hand. I also need Soren to get some SP and something better than his AoE. Right now it lets Tharja finish off the first green cav, but he can't recharge it in time for the next one.

That said I will probably do the 1 turn cheese route, particularly since I have realized -Atk B!Roy with a hone cav can manage with Fury 3 and speed +2 seal. I have Hinata's out the wazoo so I already gave Roy Boy Fury 3 some time ago and I have Speed +2 forged. Now I just need the SP to teach him galeforce since I never bothered to grind his SP all the way up. I really wish I could have managed another way, but alas.

Cheesed Lunatic with Desperation + Life and Death offense on Linde and Nino, and two dancers + wings of mercy shenanigans (Green Azura + Olivia)

Gronnblade's stat boosts are added to damage affect with the +3/+3/+3/+3 buff from Azura’s song is absolutely disgusting.

Edited by Shoblongoo

9 minutes ago, Usana said:

[...]

That said I will probably do the 1 turn cheese route, particularly since I have realized -Atk B!Roy with a hone cav can manage with Fury 3 and speed +2 seal. I have Hinata's out the wazoo so I already gave Roy Boy Fury 3 some time ago and I have Speed +2 forged. Now I just need the SP to teach him galeforce since I never bothered to grind his SP all the way up. I really wish I could have managed another way, but alas.

He would need QP seal or a dance to kill two or more units on turn 1. If danced, he would need to one-round three units, because the dancer isn't killing anything. With Fury 3, SPD+2 and Hone Cav he should be able to double one of the mages (SPD 40), kill the axe cav and Arvis. This would leave the other mage and the Lance cav for your remaining two units. 

If Roy is to kill the red mage, he needs draw back or hit and run to reach the axe cav on the next turn, or attack the blue mage next instead. 

29 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Gronnblade's stat boosts are added to damage affect with the +3/+3/+3/+3 buff from Azura’s song is absolutely disgusting.

Yes it is, followed a strat which used Donnel, Olivia, Nohrzura and Nino for Infernal. Only Norhzura is 5*. It does need Donnel and Nino to be +Att though.

Those armours had no chance.

12 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Yes it is, followed a strat which used Donnel, Olivia, Nohrzura and Nino for Infernal. Only Norhzura is 5*. It does need Donnel and Nino to be +Att though.

Those armours had no chance.

Haven't tried it on Infernal yet, but glad to hear it holds up.

Brave Lance user as a Linde replacement eh??? Thats interesting. Might have to give that a try.

Think 5 Star Effie with the Brave Lance / Death Blow / Wary Fighter combo can get the job done, or is the 1-movement on armor too much of a handicap?

Edited by Shoblongoo

1 minute ago, Shoblongoo said:

Haven't tried it on Infernal yet, but glad to hear it holds up.

Brave Lance user as a Linde replacement eh??? Thats interesting. Might have to give that a try.

Think 5 Star Effie with the Brave Lance / Death Blow / Wary Fighter combo could pull it off, or is the 1-movement on armor too much of a handicap?

The strat does require Donnel's extra move and Drag Back, so Effie's not going to make much of a dent.

I could find the link again, because it's honestly a pretty cool strat, partly because it doesn't need SI at all (SI allowed Nino to blow things away faster, but not by much: she still hasn't learned Draconic Aura) and in the latter half you can deviate once the cavs are dead, unlike a lot of the other videos I've found.

8 minutes ago, Dayni said:

The strat does require Donnel's extra move and Drag Back, so Effie's not going to make much of a dent.

I could find the link again, because it's honestly a pretty cool strat, partly because it doesn't need SI at all (SI allowed Nino to blow things away faster, but not by much: she still hasn't learned Draconic Aura) and in the latter half you can deviate once the cavs are dead, unlike a lot of the other videos I've found.

ahhhhhhh. I see.

I'll try it with Linde I guess. If all else fails, I'll break out that xander/rein/B!Lyn/Dancer squad.

Mage emblem seems like a better way to go then horse emblem for this one, but I see some people here vouching that horseemblem works. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

Spoiler

So, with Ayra being a gacha unit, who’s ready for Ursula’s Infernal map once Arvis’s map ends? Let’s face it: she’s gonna get one since she’s having her rerun soon. Who’s also ready to have Sharena fight Ursula on Lunatic (either on her GHB, in Ch. 9, or in Xenologue 2)?

Edited by Roflolxp54