Grand Hero Battle Arvis

Prince Endriu

11 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Sorry, I'm not sure what you're talking about (English not my native language), it's about my team I used for my tries ?

Yeah, the units you have available to you.

Can't really say what you can work with without it.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

OKay. There they are : https://imgur.com/a/Q8c5T

Lunatic isn't as rough as might be expected, even if you're like me and avoided 1-round clears. Arvis and Fjorm are both usable for it, . If you're planning on not 1-rounding the map, you'll likely need a healer (or some expert placement of a unit with Breath of Life). The first time round I used B!Ike, B!Lyn, Eliwood and Azura, all of which you actually have (Surprised me to see that): though that took advantage of supports I can't remember if they were necessary. I can get the SI if you want.

Infernal is much more difficult. I cleared it by following a strat which used Nohrzura, but out of what you have a mage with a bladetome is certainly worth considering if they can get buffs, units with Galeforce can also be useful. I can't really say much more than that because often you'll need specific SI for those maps and I can't say much on that here.

As an alternative, Phoenixmaster's got some pretty decent strats that might help both with Infernal and the quests here (Based on your roster, I'd say the 2nd and 4th are some options to take a look at). If those don't suit, some alternate ideas may be found here: http://yaycupcake.com/feh/

15 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Lunatic isn't as rough as might be expected, even if you're like me and avoided 1-round clears. Arvis and Fjorm are both usable for it, . If you're planning on not 1-rounding the map, you'll likely need a healer (or some expert placement of a unit with Breath of Life). The first time round I used B!Ike, B!Lyn, Eliwood and Azura, all of which you actually have (Surprised me to see that): though that took advantage of supports I can't remember if they were necessary. I can get the SI if you want.

Infernal is much more difficult. I cleared it by following a strat which used Nohrzura, but out of what you have a mage with a bladetome is certainly worth considering if they can get buffs, units with Galeforce can also be useful. I can't really say much more than that because often you'll need specific SI for those maps and I can't say much on that here.

As an alternative, Phoenixmaster's got some pretty decent strats that might help both with Infernal and the quests here (Based on your roster, I'd say the 2nd and 4th are some options to take a look at). If those don't suit, some alternate ideas may be found here: http://yaycupcake.com/feh/

Lunatic was beat, it's Lunatic with Infantry only that cause problem.

I'll see these links. Thanks for the help.

4 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Lunatic was beat, it's Lunatic with Infantry only that cause problem.

I'll see these links. Thanks for the help.

I'd have pointed to my clear if you had Nohrzura. As is I'd have to figure out how much tinkering would be needed to clear without her.

1 minute ago, Dayni said:

I'd have pointed to my clear if you had Nohrzura. As is I'd have to figure out how much tinkering would be needed to clear without her.

Ah sorry, I didn't understand clearly. How you put that made me think you was just talking about Lunatic, not the quest...

5 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Ah sorry, I didn't understand clearly. How you put that made me think you was just talking about Lunatic, not the quest...

Well, the clear I did this time was infantry only.

I'll point to it actually, because I think with modifications it could be useful.

On 3/4/2018 at 9:27 AM, Dayni said:

5* Arvis (Darting Blow 3, Ardent Sacrifice, Iceberg, Res +1 Seal, Water Blessing, Fjorm S Rank), Fjorm (Reposition, Spur Atk 1 Seal, Arvis S Rank), Nohrzura (WoM 3, Luna, Spur Res 1 Seal, Water Blessing), SummElise (G Tomebreaker 3, Draconic Aura, HP +3 Seal)

Lunatic gave me some weird trouble this time (I was trying too hard to use my main team of Robin/Lucina/B!Ike/PA!Azura), and then I realized I just needed to be cheap so I just used Klein/PA!Azura/Ninian/Olivia, and steamrolled the map.

Klein is really overpowered with Poison Strike Seal, and dancers. >_> But I don't think he could clear Infernal without a few merges, tbh. His attack could use a bit of a boost.

25 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

Klein is really overpowered with Poison Strike Seal, and dancers. >_> But I don't think he could clear Infernal without a few merges, tbh. His attack could use a bit of a boost.

Why poison strike seal and not ATK+3? Let's assume you want to kill a unit in two rounds (1 round + dance). Poison strike gives you 10 damage after the first round, while ATK+3 gives you 3 extra damage each attack, that's at least 12 damage if Klein is not doubling. 

6 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Why poison strike seal and not ATK+3? Let's assume you want to kill a unit in two rounds (1 round + dance). Poison strike gives you 10 damage after the first round, while ATK+3 gives you 3 extra damage each attack, that's at least 12 damage if Klein is not doubling. 

Cause I use him to chip away Armors sometimes. He does 0 damage, but it's guaranteed 10 after. And Iceberg does a lot. So that's 20 + two icebergs which is enough to kill them usually. 

5 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

Cause I use him to chip away Armors sometimes. He does 0 damage, but it's guaranteed 10 after. And Iceberg does a lot. So that's 20 + two icebergs which is enough to kill them usually. 

Ok, I didn't think he would deal 0 damage to the lunatic armors. 

I had L!Ike receive a bunch of skill inheritance for this one and ended up not using him at all. My initial strategy was to go in with Fjorm, Legion, L!Ike, and Brave Lucina. It was an utter failure. The biggest issue was L!Ike not being able to kill both, Arvis and the blue cav, which leaves me with too many enemies to deal with turn 2.

I changed my approach to trying to finish this in one turn. Didn’t quite happen but I still got through it and got a chance to use Raven and Lucius for one of these. I could have probably managed to 1 turn it with an upgraded Basilikos but I didn’t have the Dew to upgrade it.

I got lazy and just threw my biggest guns at Lunatic, but didn't bother to deck them out with Sacred Seals.

+10 Fjorm [+Atk, -Def] (Leiptr, Reposition, Ice Mirror, Atk/Def Bond 3, Shield Pulse 3, Drive Atk 2)
+10 Brave Ike [+Atk, -HP] (Urvan, Reposition, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Drive Def 2)
+10 Bride Lyn [+Spd, -Def] (Gravity+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Kindled-Fire Balm, Speed +3, Wrathful Staff 3)

+0 Alfonse [=] (vanilla)
+0 Arvis [=] (vanilla)

Ike solos the entire right side and all of the cavalry with a heal from Lyn at one point. Lyn kills the first mage on the left side and finishes off any armors that Alfonse and Fjorm leave behind. Fjorm kills the reinforcement red mage on the counterattack.

Alfonse can kill Arvis after Lyn hits him first, even after he takes Arvis's Ploy debuffs. Arvis can kill Arvis after Ike hits him first.

Edited by Ice Dragon

• 1 month later...

@mcsilas @Zeo @tobuShogi @Poimagic @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen @LordFrigid @NegativeExponents- 

One Turn clear done (again), I didn't record that when Arvis was available for the first time: 

Perhaps the easiest due to the open terrain and one unit less than Berkuts map had. Therefore I needed only three units. 

Did have to make a change for one of the teams:

Wind: Lyn Emblem
Water: Gwendolyn, Sheena, Draug, Effie
Earth: Reinhardt, Xander, Cecilia, PA Azura
Fire: Cordelia, Bride Cordelia, Ninian, PA Olivia

I'll need a few extra tries for my Fire (horse) team because they are getting overrun because I'm not running a dancer, Galeforce nor B!Lyn who ironically has a water blessing instead.

It's probably time to create Fire team v2 just like I did with Earth.

Anyways, the other 3 were done at their first try so there's that.

Water: Eirika, Cordelia, Sheena, Fjorm.

Wind: Micaiah, Raven, Y!Tiki, Klein.

Earth: Lute, Hana, PA!Olivia, Minerva.

EDIT: Got the Fire one cleared, just had to replace Priscilla with 1 OG!Olivia and it became a breeze. Team was Reinhardt, Sigurd, Cecilia and Olivia.

Edited by Alexmender

That worked for team earth... somehow.

Water: 5* Eirika (+Atk, -HP), 5* Fjorm (neutral), 5* Marisa, and 5* Valter. This one I felt confident enough to do since Eirika has unique refined Sieglinde shenanigans, Fjorm can easily handle the mages where she's also apparently capable of one-shotting the red mage, and Marisa and Valter are fast enough to double and tank the enemies with Eirika and Fjorm's help at times. Took a couple tries until I realized that Fjorm could one-shot the red mage, so I didn't have to have Valter take unnecessary recoil damage at the beginning of the map.

Earth: 5* Black Knight, 5* vanguard Ike (neutral), 5* Legion, and 5* GF!Robin (+Def, -Res). Had to fiddle with this one a bit and Hardy Bearing 3 ended up being useful so that whoever, GF!Robin in this case, had to finish off the Vantage cavaliers didn't have to take unnecessary damage. Also, Wings of Mercy shenanigans what with Legion dropping to low health with Fury's recoil and combat damage. The last enemy standing was the sword armor with a fully charged Bonfire. The Black Knight and vanguard Ike were down too low in health, so either GF!Robin who targets the sword armor's low resistance or Legion who was almost dead with Reprisal partially charged and in Desperation range had to take him out. GF!Robin did it since she had lower SP than Legion.

All done on lunatic because hell if I'm going to do this on infernal and it being the water and earth season definitely helped.

54 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

@mampfoid Nice work on the clear, as usual. This map was actually a one-turn for Caeda & her backup group as well.

Hide contents

Wow, a one turn clear without Galeforce, great! Now sacrifice a Cordelia to Caeda and join team GF.

Water: Nowi, Fae, Young Tiki, Fjorm (Fae MVP, took on two waves of all the blue and green enemies to get read for Nowi to finish Arvis)

Fire: Witch Nowi, Myrrh, Valter, Summer Corrin (easiest by far, all the trees meant nothing and I could easily reposition everyone out of the way)

Earth: Sanaki, Oliver, Soren, L Ike (mainly ORKOs with the mages all having TA since I only have Ike to tank, he did have to block a lance cav at the end though)

Wind: Elise, Xander, Camus, Frederick (Grani's Shield came in handy for the Ridersbane, but this was the hardest cause of the trees, Elise got to wreck Arvis)

z7Gjki2m.pngS8iztqMm.png

I may have forgotten to get round to Valter's maps yesterday.

Anyways, Arvis.

Water: Fjorm, Arvis, Ayra and Nohrzura tore this map apart.

Fire: B!Lyn, Ursula, Eliwood and Titania double teamed them.

Wind: Elise, Xander, Camus and L'Arachel again.

Earth: D!Ike, M!Robin, Nephenee and Sonya were on this one.

I'm kind of getting too used to what I'm usually using, though I'm waiting to see what other legendary (If I can pull any) show up.