Will GHB characters ever be available for summons?

Christactics

It is extremely unlikely GHB characters will ever be available for summon. It would defeat the point of them ever having been GHB’s in the first place. You’ll just have to wait for the reruns I’m afraid. 

Also you should probably post in the questions thread for stuff like this next time. 

10 minutes ago, Christactics said:

I want Xander and F.Robin, but they were Grand Hero Battle characters and you can't summon them in a normal summon?

will they be ever available for summons, or do I need to wait for something?

Definitely not going to be appearing in normal Summons unless they decide to completely retire a specific character's GHB, which probably isn't going to happen for another couple years at least. Get them to introduce Unit Trading, and you can have my Xander - I didn't want him, I only beat the level because I was XP grinding my Catria. As for Female Robin, I think we just have Ursula, Zephiel, and Legion left for repeats before they have to cycle back around(someone tell me if I'm wrong), so them plus Arvis means…hm…still like four or five months assuming a GHB every month…tell you what, get them to make trading a thing and you can have one of my Female Robins too - I actually tried getting multiples of her, but I've forgotten why so I have like four sitting around not doing anything.

I doubt they'll ever be in the regular summoning pool, but I wouldn't be surprised if they can be summoned for a limited time via special banners, such as a GHB Voting Gauntlet. That's pure speculation, though: there's no way to tell how likely it is to happen.

f!Robin's GHB was ran for the third time about a month ago. So most players should have her unless they're really new, and it'll probably be several months before its fourth run. Xander's GHB was last run five months ago: of the GHBs that haven't been rerun yet, his is the oldest. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a rerun within the next month.

57 minutes ago, Othin said:

I doubt they'll ever be in the regular summoning pool, but I wouldn't be surprised if they can be summoned for a limited time via special banners, such as a GHB Voting Gauntlet. That's pure speculation, though: there's no way to tell how likely it is to happen.

f!Robin's GHB was ran for the third time about a month ago. So most players should have her unless they're really new, and it'll probably be several months before its fourth run. Xander's GHB was last run five months ago: of the GHBs that haven't been rerun yet, his is the oldest. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a rerun within the next month.

I was present since the release of Heroes, but unfortunately I stopped playing it for a few months.. I suppose that's when the Xander GHB took place. For F.Robin, I didnt have the chance to play it so much, so I was a few levels too weak from beating the map...

ah well, patience is a virtue.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Definitely not going to be appearing in normal Summons unless they decide to completely retire a specific character's GHB, which probably isn't going to happen for another couple years at least. Get them to introduce Unit Trading, and you can have my Xander - I didn't want him, I only beat the level because I was XP grinding my Catria. As for Female Robin, I think we just have Ursula, Zephiel, and Legion left for repeats before they have to cycle back around(someone tell me if I'm wrong), so them plus Arvis means…hm…still like four or five months assuming a GHB every month…tell you what, get them to make trading a thing and you can have one of my Female Robins too - I actually tried getting multiples of her, but I've forgotten why so I have like four sitting around not doing anything.

Hey, unit trading actually seems like a good idea to put in FE Heroes.

1 hour ago, DarkLordIvy said:

It is extremely unlikely GHB characters will ever be available for summon. It would defeat the point of them ever having been GHB’s in the first place. You’ll just have to wait for the reruns I’m afraid. 

Also you should probably post in the questions thread for stuff like this next time. 

Aah thanks! I was actually wondering where to post the thread.

Unit trading is pretty unlikely since it'd undermine the way they make money off the game, especially with players making extra accounts just to grab characters to give to their main.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

Unit trading is pretty unlikely since it'd undermine the way they make money off the game, especially with players making extra accounts just to grab characters to give to their main.

That's true.

They will rerun everyone eventually, I would be a bit sad if they did make them summonable because I put effort in to getting every GHB unit in the game.  I still remember how many stamina potions I went through to get Narcian when he first came out.  I feel like if the do make a banner for GHB units it should be a limited time thing like the seasonal banners and I don't really want them to do it until a year or 2 since you have to earn those units normally.

I think it could happen but only on the condition that they retire all current GHBs and completely replace them. They'll probably do that eventually, but on a long time scale, since at some point there's probably going to be so many GHBs that reruns of a specific character would be scarce. And even then, they'd probably keep some of the better ones around and just phase out the more mediocre ones. Like Xander & Camus could stay GHBs forever, but maybe Robin-F & Navarre enter the pool.

Not any time soon though.

Otherwise probably what Othin said, with them doing special limited time banner that happen to have them. Again I suspect there'd be a slant towards "mediocre" rather than letting people draw upon even better versions of someone like Xander.

An alternative to dealing with a GHB oversaturation count could be to run multiple simultaneously. As much as I'd like to see some of them be summonable (F!Robin among others), it seems like they're pretty intent on keeping event heroes as event heroes. One other thing we can maybe hope for is repeats of that random poll that gave us a free Narcian.