Shadows of Valentia's story: how to fix it

9 hours ago, FionordeQuester said:

So, this seems as good a thread as any to ask.

What the heck happened with Celica's soul?

Like, I know Duma took it away...but then Alm stabbing her with Falchion made it alright again.  So did Falchion/Mila just give her a new one?  Did Duma still have the soul he took from her (and that's why he was lucid enough to say farewell to Alm and Celica)?  Or did Falchion just somehow take Celica's soul back from Duma?  

That part really confused me, emotionally heartwarming though it was.

I think the entire idea that Celica's soul could even heal Duma was a lie, and that all Jedah wanted was to give Duma more power, based on one of the last things he says.

Celica: Open your eyes, Jedah. No matter how it pains you, you must see the truth. Duma’s gone mad—he brings only suffering to his people now. This is the divine dragons’ fate.

Jedah: Silence, girl! You know nothing of what you speak. And if suffering is the gods’ will, what of it? Without their strength at its foundation, Valentia cannot sustain life.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jotari said:

I think the entire idea that Celica's soul could even heal Duma was a lie, and that all Jedah wanted was to give Duma more power, based on one of the last things he says.

Celica: Open your eyes, Jedah. No matter how it pains you, you must see the truth. Duma’s gone mad—he brings only suffering to his people now. This is the divine dragons’ fate.

Jedah: Silence, girl! You know nothing of what you speak. And if suffering is the gods’ will, what of it? Without their strength at its foundation, Valentia cannot sustain life.

No, I mean, how did Falchion heal her?  I'd think not having your soul would be serious business!  So I was like..

"Ok, did Falchion give her a new one, did Falchion get it back from Duma somehow (think the stuff covering Celica in that scene was the same stuff that Duma sucked out of her earlier), or did Duma just...not REALLY take her soul? (since he didn't seem nearly as interested in world domination as Jedah did)".

Edited by FionordeQuester

9 hours ago, FionordeQuester said:

No, I mean, how did Falchion heal her?  I'd think not having your soul would be serious business!  So I was like..

"Ok, did Falchion give her a new one, did Falchion get it back from Duma somehow (think the stuff covering Celica in that scene was the same stuff that Duma sucked out of her earlier), or did Duma just...not REALLY take her soul? (since he didn't seem nearly as interested in world domination as Jedah did)".

All fair questions, I was just addressing one point in the matter.

I guess the only explanation is Naga gave her a new one, whatever that metaphyscially implies. To be honest, I really wish they didn't turn Witches into empty hollow shells and actually allowed us to use Delthea and Sonia as Witches in gameplay. I think Fates proved that Warping can be a useful, but not broken mechanic (and yes, I know the two aforementioned characters eventually get Teleport when you grind them up to level 38 or something, but that's basically useless given it immediatly ends the users turn, there's not even hard to reach locations like in Thracia that makes it useful)..

Edited by Jotari