Sooo I accidentally saw my teachers phone’s homescreen.

IEatLasers

I know it’s like funnyhonestly but I’m stull so confused and this was hours ago at this point! Obviously I’m not super upset or anything but first off why your homescreen xD maybe on dates she needs to make sure that is established which again doesn’t sound like a relationship to me. 

Yeah. Idk I thought it was a common thing. Maybe it’s just common round here 

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

I’m 17. I’m very used to the “power” of random guys appearing at me, trying to get me to do this or that or whatever. 

doesnr really feel like it puts me in a great place for “power” 

then. There’s the way male teachers and managers tend to take me less seriously and treat me like my opinions matter less (if I disagree with guys, it’s just “oh she’s on her period” nobody actually thinks maybe I don’t want to do this) 

theeen of course there’s the way teachers always say things like “oh she’s cute she doesn’t need College anyway” (as jokes when I was diagnosed with dyslexia and again when I was struggling in classes, but it’s not a good joke) 

The awful thing is none of this even surprises me, and I know for a fact that it wouldn't surprise any of the women I know.

Such scummy men...  I can't tell you how much I hate the fact that I have to share the soil I stand on with them.  Even worse that they're often given positions that they can lord authority over women and take advantage of them...  But I digress.

Are there any adult women in your life you can talk to about this sort of stuff?  Teachers, religious figures, family members, a psychologist, or friends?  Because they're the ones who can help you most in that regard, I think.

1 minute ago, FrostyFireMage said:

I don't see how cat ownership gives people authority

It doesn't; when you get a cat, any authority you might have had is transferred over to the cat.

It's just that they make you think you have authority.

32 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

It doesn't; when you get a cat, any authority you might have had is transferred over to the cat.

It's just that they make you think you have authority.

So if someone punches their cat it's because the cat wanted it?

55 minutes ago, buttmuncher.ops said:

she might make the rules

but i bet we'd break a few rules instead

She’s actually a stickler for rules. 

@Ertrick36 not really. My mom left before I turned 3, my teachers I talk to outside of school a tiny bit (most are male anyways) but not serious stuff. Most leaders at my church like, I trust them, but idk some stuff I don’t want to talk about. 

I talk my friends ears off sometimes! But I’m the happy peppy girl! Some things I just can’t ask for life advice for and on topic level of stuff I’ve already complained about and like, for the most part they’re just “I know sweetie me too” 

18 hours ago, Nym said:

That's one confident woman...

17 hours ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Thats a very confident woman

Interesting. My first thought is she's probably insecure if she needs a reminder on her phone home screen that she has power.

15 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

then. There’s the way male teachers and managers tend to take me less seriously and treat me like my opinions matter less (if I disagree with guys, it’s just “oh she’s on her period” nobody actually thinks maybe I don’t want to do this) 

theeen of course there’s the way teachers always say things like “oh she’s cute she doesn’t need College anyway” (as jokes when I was diagnosed with dyslexia and again when I was struggling in classes, but it’s not a good joke) 

That's bullshit, you're not being sensitive, and those people are asses. And if they're teachers then that's especially awful. I'm sorry. 

13 hours ago, Rezzy said:

the other side of that coin is that you often get people who are more likely to go out of their way to help you out or be nice to you when you're feeling down

That's only if you're attractive. Being a non-attractive woman is a mortal sin in U.S. society (and many others).

13 hours ago, IEatLasers said:

Guys act weird if I hold a door for them 

Their loss! I'll hold doors open for anyone behind me. Never had anything but thank yous but then again I've always lived in areas where there seems to be less of a sex divide.

7 hours ago, Jotari said:

People with pussies get more free drinks. That's a power in my book.

Again, only if they're attractive.

I’m only 17 and there are some guys who invite me to lots of parties. I don’t go because it’s not my scene but I thought I was cool/popular 

then my friend dated one of the guys who does most parties and found out s few of the more guys who are “like that” have a running bet on who can get me to do that sort of stuff first. So I’m super not cool I guess. But it still counts as free drinks I suppose? 

27 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

I’m only 17 and there are some guys who invite me to lots of parties. I don’t go because it’s not my scene but I thought I was cool/popular 

then my friend dated one of the guys who does most parties and found out s few of the more guys who are “like that” have a running bet on who can get me to do that sort of stuff first. So I’m super not cool I guess. But it still counts as free drinks I suppose? 

Warning warning!

Stay the heck away from those parties.  You don't want someone who just sees you as a trophy.  I'll post more when I'm done with work.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Warning warning!

Stay the heck away from those parties.  You don't want someone who just sees you as a trophy.  I'll post more when I'm done with work.

Thanks Rezzy ^^ I appreciate it and yeah I’m def not going. 

Moreso it sucks cuz I thought I was cool but I ain’t lol. If im part of their bets I’ve gotta be like bottom of the barrel gal. 

Which is fine I suppose just sucks and isn’t what I thought I was at! 

Also, I think I’m not too into party life. I mean sure around my own house and when I know my dad ain’t coming home for a while I’ll bathe with the door open, or dance weird in my room alone xD 

But idk doesn’t mean I’d publicly do that stuff. And idk for sure but some kids I think do like REAL drugs there like everyone knows they have weed but some of them I think do other things 

3 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

But idk doesn’t mean I’d publicly do that stuff. And idk for sure but some kids I think do like REAL drugs there like everyone knows they have weed but some of them I think do other things 

Dear lord

They all need Jesus

6 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Moreso it sucks cuz I thought I was cool but I ain’t lol.

I don't know if it helps but coolness and popularity mean absolutely nothing once you've left high school; in fact many of the popular/cool kids in my hometown are the ones who never attended or graduated college and are still living where they grew up. As one of the least-cool kids in my high school, well, it suuucked at the time, but I kept my head down, got on with my studies, and it paid off. I've also never had to see any of my former high school classmates ever again. 

And I'll guarantee you're not bottom of the barrel. Plus, that behaviour is predatory. Definitely best not to be seen as 'cool' by predators. 

Well that is true but, at the same time...

idk it just seems cool. I thought I was one of them that everyone know but I think half the people have been kinda laughing at me now. Idk. My friend dumped him anyway <3~ 

i have some people I really do hope to see after HS. But many people I don’t care to. 

4 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

OBJECTION: 4 letter word that begins with "C"

That's funny though. 

One of my favourite words! Not that I ever really use it, but it rolls off the tongue so nicely.

3 minutes ago, Res said:

One of my favourite words!

you too also need jesus

12 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

And of course you wouldn't.

accept jesus as your savior and repent, sinner!

16 hours ago, Rezzy said:

There's pros and cons to possessing the almighty pussy.

i never really thought about calling my wang almighty

19 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

OBJECTION: 4 letter word that begins with "C"

That's funny though. 

not so much in britain or australia. the correct one is vajayjay

Edited by Tryhard