Who should do the artwork for the game?

Are we including Heroes artists in this? Because i want Sachiko Wada to do the artwork. She did a fantastic job with B!Roy's Heroes artwork.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Hidari too.

Kozaki is ok too but i think many people would be wary of him coming back because of fanservice.

Edited by Armagon

I really didnt mind Kozaki, so I wouldnt mind him returning again for the next one.

Likewise, Hidari did a good job as well, and wouldnt mind for him/her to return.

I also really like Teita who has done art for Heroes, specifically Innes and Arvis.

Asatani Tomoyo also has some pretty good art for Heroes, so thats another one I wouldnt mind.

Overall I am pretty good with anyone, as long as its not anyone pre GBA. And as long as it doesnt drastically change the style of Fire Emblem.

3 hours ago, Armagon said:

Are we including Heroes artists in this? Because i want Sachiko Wada to do the artwork. He did a fantastic job with B!Roy's Heroes artwork.

I also wouldn't mind seeing Hidari too.

Kozaki is ok too but i think many people would be wary of him coming back because of fanservice.

To answer your first question, yes.

I would be cool with Hidari coming up with original designs not based off anything. I also like the person who did Roy's artwork in Heroes (Bunbun seems to be their pen name), Wada Sachiko, Tobi (Klein), Cuboon (Tana), or Asatani Tomoyo (Ephraim). Those are just from a quick scan of the heroes I've gotten so far in the game, but it made me realize just how many godo artists IS seems to be in contact with. At least enough to commission them for Heroes, so we should be okay on the art front as long as they don't go too fanservicey on the girls like Kozaki did.

I kind of want Sata do work for this game, even though I think they do art for Touken Ranbu. Really a big fan of Seliph's art in Heroes, and I was incredibly happy to see that Sigurd had the same artist.

Default answer is Senri Kita, though. Also, I don't mind Kozaki, but I do have an issue with whoever is directing him.

7 hours ago, Armagon said:

Are we including Heroes artists in this? Because i want Sachiko Wada to do the artwork. He did a fantastic job with B!Roy's Heroes artwork.

Sachiko Wada is a woman, tho.

Kozaki's style doesn't directly involve fanservice, as many of his concept art pieces show. The fanservice was part of the art direction for those games.

---

Anyway, my preferred returning artists are

1. Hidari

2. Senri Kita

3. Sachiko Wada

For new artists (to the main series), Haimura Kiyotaka (the artist for Heroes Julia and Deirdre seems pretty good.

Edited by NekoKnight

6 hours ago, Hardin said:

Ippei Soeda, I think his art has a coolness that sets him apart from other illustrators involved in the series. 

C7C7zszVAAAHIpy.jpg

I have to admit, his style is pretty awesome! But it does carry rather western vibe to it (regionally speaking).

I wouldn't mind if Senri Kita, Hidari, or the GBA artist to return.

If someone from Heroes was to be picked, I really like Sachiko Wada, Chiko, Iack, and Itagaki Hako.

I also really like AKIRA's defined lines, but only if it fits the game.

Guys, Sachiko Wada was the artist for FE8's character art.  She didn't just do art for Heroes/Cipher.  And iirc, she apparently did designs for FE6/7, though not the art itself.

Anyway, she is a good choice, as are Hidari and Asatani Tomoyo. 

If I had to pick one, I'd say Hidari, his art has a nice style for a fantasy setting.

FE10's artist, whichever their name is, although I'd also be ok with FE8's artstyle, or even Kozaki (who draws well, and it seems the designs' fault are mostly on the design team's interventions in behalf of otaku pandering and animey styles).

Senri Kita or Hidari would be my top picks, their works are some of the best in the main titles. I'd also pick Mayumi Hirota from FE5, but she's currently working on Vestaria Saga with Kaga.

And this may come off as weird (and biased), but I'd love to see mayo work on a main title one day, I love their Cipher and Heroes pieces... and their art in general, honestly.

Edited by sleeplesskar

For previous artists in the series, Hidari, Senri Kita or Sachiko Wada would all be nice.

However, for other artists not yet involved with the series proper I would like to see Ayame Kojima (a.k.a the artist for the Castlevania games), cuboon (Who did Palla, Olwen, Reinhardt, Lukas and Tana in Heroes) or mayo (Who has done Jeorge, Sheena, Sully, Stahl, Bridelia and Summer Robin in Heroes).

I absolutely adored Hidari's work for SoV, so my number 1 return pick is Hidari. Did a google search on Wada (since I dont have anything from her in Heroes and haven't played any of the games she's worked on very thoroughly) and that would be another absolute pick. Senri Kita is good too. For Heroes artists, I'd love for Haimura Kiyotaka, their artwork for Deirdre actually made me get interested in FE4, aha. FE has had a lot of good artists that it makes it kind of hard to not sound like a parrot when naming off who to draw for a game. 

From the artists who've worked on past entries these are definitely the best:
Hidari
Senri Kita
Sachiko Wada

Kozaki is also good but I think these three capture the essence of Fire Emblem better. Just as long as the artist isn't Kaneda or Izuka again.

If a Heroes artist gets the chance to do the art for a main game, I'd say Kaya8 would be my favorite. Asatani Tomoyo would also be a great choice also. Yamada Kotoro is good, but would be best used in a FE6 or FE7 remake.

On 10/22/2017 at 8:41 PM, Soanevalcke6 said:

From the artists who've worked on past entries these are definitely the best:
Hidari
Senri Kita
Sachiko Wada

Kozaki is also good but I think these three capture the essence of Fire Emblem better. Just as long as the artist isn't Kaneda or Izuka again.

If a Heroes artist gets the chance to do the art for a main game, I'd say Kaya8 would be my favorite. Asatani Tomoyo would also be a great choice also. Yamada Kotoro is good, but would be best used in a FE6 or FE7 remake.

Oh Lord geezus not him again

Hidari and Kozaki are my favourites from the main games.

If we count heroes, my favourite is Kimihiko Fujisaka, artist from drakengard, the last story and terra battle, though I don't know if his style would suit fire emblem.

Edited by Sbuscoz

17 hours ago, Titamon said:

Oh Lord geezus not him again

I'm going to have to second @Soanevalcke6 here-- what's with the hate for him? Are people so petty to hate him because he does the art for SAO manga adaptions?

Edited by The DanMan