Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Kind of underwhelmed that Arden is the F2P 5-star giveaway for a 30,000 point trial run.

...i mean we just got the motherfucking Black Knight...

Arden???

That Follow-up Ring, though. Quads for days with that sexy 50+ atk? Yes pls.

In any case, sign me up for the disappointed on the Ayra banner thing.

I still haven't gotten a dancer from the seasonal banner so I can't pull from the Genealogy or Holy Wars banner so I'm strapped for orbs :(

I guess I'll use Arvis for this TT but still... this blows.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think Arden is still a good unit. Probably the best player phase general by now (even Dangerous for Nowi). 
Of course it's a shame that he is a red unit. But we don't have much generals anyway.
We need more blue generals. at least one new would be good.

42 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm glad the Japanese players seem to also be raising a stink over it. I assume it's all the more likely IS will actually take in the feedback when the Japanese players are just as upset at them.

You know for the first time I might actually do that. My feedback will probably go around the line of please don't actively to deceive your player base.

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

Wonder what they'll do in place of new seals, then.

I don't see this as a big deal. Of course they want new units to be the bonus units: getting people to pull for them is how they get money. I don't have any of them but it's not even that much of an issue. Arvis and Arden should be enough to get me to 100k. Ayra seeming to be free and then turning out not to be was annoying, but whatever. (Unless she really is available at 4* in the TT, although that could annoy anyone who pulls for her.)

The problem isn't that banner was separated (though this certainly is not a good thing to do and shouldn't be done again all new unit should be a new unit banners  it's very non consumer friendly to trap a new units with old units) or any of this that is a big problem, no the real problem (or at least the thing I take the biggest issue with) is that they deceived their player base, they went out of their way to use language that they've used before to sideline their players. That's not acceptable, if they wanted to change things up and introduce the characters in a new way which they have never done before they should inform their players period. They were purposely super quiet this month just so they could pull off this trick that is not cool. 

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who doesn't even want Ayra I have too many swords i'm more mad that they're going out of their way to abuse their player base which is been done way too much in Industry these days and it saddens me to see IS stoop so low, they are better than this! I don't want to see IS become EA and Activision. 

Edited by Locke087

1 minute ago, Locke087 said:

The problem isn't that banner was separated (though this certainly is not a good thing to do and shouldn't be done again all new unit should be a new unit banners  it's very non consumer friendly to trap a new units with old units) or any of this that is a big problem, no the real problem (or at least the thing I personally take real issue with) is that they deceived their player base, they went out of their way to use language that they've used before to sideline their players. That's not acceptable, if they wanted to change things up and introduce the characters in a new way which they have never done before they should inform their players period. They were purposely super quiet this month just so they could pull off this trick that is not cool. 

Keep in mind this is coming from someone who doesn't even want Ayra I have too many swords i'm more mad that they're going out of their way to abuse their player base which is been done way too much in Industry these days and it saddens me to see IS stoop so low, they are better than this! I don't want to see IS become EA and Activision. 

Can you elaborate? As far as I can tell, they didn't say anything: they just added Ayra and people assumed she would be free and she wasn't. It's an understandable assumption, but I don't see any reason to believe they were purposely trying to mislead people. It doesn't seem like something they would stand to get much out of aside from backlash.

I do think we should expect similar "part new, part old" banners in the future unless IS specifically says they're no longer doing that.

So, Seliph isn't a bonus unit and Ayra shares focus with Eldigan? Nice trolling, IS. Well, this means that I'll have to put my -spd Deidre to work. Since it looks like I'll never pull Sigurd, I'll have to use Eliwood as a substitute and then...Bride Cordelia and Azura. 

18 minutes ago, Stroud said:

I also think Arden is still a good unit. Probably the best player phase general by now (even Dangerous for Nowi). 
Of course it's a shame that he is a red unit. But we don't have much generals anyway.
We need more blue generals. at least one new would be good.

Yeah not gonna lie.

I don't ever see myself using Arden over BK, Ryoma, or Xander.

Edited by Shoblongoo

46 minutes ago, Othin said:

Can you elaborate? As far as I can tell, they didn't say anything: they just added Ayra and people assumed she would be free and she wasn't. It's an understandable assumption, but I don't see any reason to believe they were purposely trying to mislead people. It doesn't seem like something they would stand to get much out of aside from backlash.

I do think we should expect similar "part new, part old" banners in the future unless IS specifically says they're no longer doing that.

That's the problem they didn't say anything when they made a huge change to how they handle new units they didn't inform the player base before it was too late, acting the whole time before dropping the bomb like nothing was different. Transparency is key in game like this and they made no effort to communicate how Ayra was going to be handled when they have always been upfront with the nature of new banner units before now.  

This is deception because they obviously knew that players would think she is free because they have never ever in the entire run of this game up to this point (which has been a long time and has created a lot of precedent) released a new unit in a non-new unit banner, if they meant no deception by this they would've informed of their players as their play base had zero reason to ever see this coming, it belies all precedent set by the game thus far.  

Therefor players who were waiting for Ayra thought they were safe spending all their orbs on the previous banner and spent all their orbs only to be blindsided and forced to spend in order to get her it's a dirty way to get people to break the free to play cherry. That is the motive behind it to drain a free to play player of most of their free to play orbs before blind siding them with they actually want. Make no mistake Ayra is very popular so there were a lot of people saving for her making this deception an obvious attempt to create more people who spend. 

Edited by Locke087

I'm seriously annoyed at what they did with Ayra. This is the first time I feel they've pulled a fast one on us. Hopefully there will be tons of orbs as usual in TTs so I can try getting her.

New trial and I'm stuck with only 20% bonus thanks to Eldigan and Lachesis (Arvis is not trained yet)... Oh, this is going to be a bit slow lol

3 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I'm seriously annoyed at what they did with Ayra. This is the first time I feel they've pulled a fast one on us. Hopefully there will be tons of orbs as usual in TTs so I can try getting her.

But it looks that some bonus orbs got replaced by sacred coins? Or that is what I can see in the screen they showed in the news... I hope I'm wrong!!!

32 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Alright guys, damage report. How many times have you gotten ELDIGAN'D so far? 

Once, and that's all the salt I needed for today.

If there's headless Eldigan on the Halloween banner, it's probably mine.

Okay, real big bummer that Seliph isn’t a bonus unit. 

Also big bummer that I have yet to get Sigurd or Deirdre. Looks like Arvis might be getting promoted before Seliph#4 after all. :(

My take on the whole Arya thing is that I have no issue with her not being a free unit. There never was true evidence that that would be the case, all we were going on was a general pattern, assumptions, and wishful thinking. But putting her on a banner with old characters was a bad bad move and I really hope IS addresses the backlash here. 

Yeah, there was really no reason to separate Ayra from the Genealogy Banner. If anything it could have restored the usual 4-man banner they were doing like forever.
These 3-man banners are not a good tendency at all, especially if it is going to give birth to something like this.

10 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

But it looks that some bonus orbs got replaced by sacred coins? Or that is what I can see in the screen they showed in the news... I hope I'm wrong!!!

The reward slot occupied by the coins belonged to crystals in previous TTs.

If they put another red sword as a focus in Ayra's banner, especially an older unit (I would love Eldigan, I don't have an Eldigan, I want an Eldigan) I would see no issue; as is I don't feel like pulling from the Tempest Trail banner (flashbacks of pulling for Celica, gets Gray). I'm more disappointed Arden is the Tempest Trail reward; he's a good player phase unit and all, but to me feels underwhelming (at least he isn't Clive or Tobin). As well as having Arvis as my bonus unit, he's really good; even at 4 star. But 20% doesn't make me feel super excited about this Tempest Trail. I miss the mini ones, I wouldn't mind those coming back.

53 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

I got Ike’d before getting +Res/-HP Ayra. No Eldigans.

HM grinding is going to be fun with all of the new dancers in the game. I think I’ll use Reinhardt, Sigurd, Lachesis, and PA Inigo as my first team before changing if somebody caps HM.

Edited by Roflolxp54

50 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

I got LON'QU'D...does that count? 

I'll save those TT orbs for the next main banner. If none of the new units interest me at all, I can try sniping for Sigurd one last time. 

52 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Does this count? It wasn’t Eldigan but it was a different sword cav.

Spoiler

WAcLLLi.png

Anyways, Ayra being summonable doesn’t upset me though the precedent it sets is most definitely concerning. It’s the 40% bonus unit selection that really annoys me. Let’s see, we got three characters who’ve only been in the game for four days now and one that was literally just added about ten hours ago. Nope, that isn’t a problem at all

Thanks to that, this’ll be my first TT that I start without a 40% bonus hero. And honestly, I have half a mind to not spend even one more orb on World of Holy War or the TT banner just to spite IS. All for the better, I suppose, since I wanted to get all the PA heroes anyways.

I don't have any orbs left. Last night I was pretty happy I got Sigurd (crappy nature but hey) and hoping for news about Ayra and Arden. But this hurts and bad, I'm extremely salty about this. IS bamboozled many myself included and actually killed a lot of my hype for Ayra. She's still awesome but sadly I'm going to pull for Deirdre when I get the tempest orbs and be done with this!

I have to wonder if the decision of making Ayra a desirable gacha unit a nod to how she was the coveted secret rare figure in the set of FE4 blindbox trading figures released in 2006.

https://imgur.com/a/2oztP 

It’s no less scummy though.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I sent player feedback about Ayra myself since I am F2P and I have been using every orb I get to try and get Sigurd ( I had a white horse who died this summer so I want Sigurd because his horse looks like mine), so putting Ayra on a banner with old units does not sit right with me.  I don't mind her being a banner unit, but not putting her with the new FE 4 units makes me very mad.  I hope IS will learn from this because they have been so good to players that a move like this one is very disappointing.