Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

10 hours ago, Armagon said:

LOL, NEVER MIND, I'M A HAPPY BOY NOW

That's what I'm saying.  We'll all shut up about Ayra when we summon her in a few days.  There will be a lot of free orbs from now until the end of the Tempest Trial, so we'll have a decent chance of making that happen.  Besides, if Ayra was a Tempest Trial reward, two things would happen:

1. Every Arena match you would fight Brave Lyn, Reinhardt, Ayra, and (random Dancer)
  2. People would complain that "I can't use her as a +10 unit in Whale Arena! Screw you IS!"

Who here #TeamArden?  I kind of like a silly male villain over another waifu. 

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Who here #TeamArden?  I kind of like a silly male villain over another waifu. 

I don't think you need to ask me that question.

Although I don't know where you got the villain idea from. Arden is one of the starting units in Genealogy, and is one of the most kindhearted characters in the game, although he unfortunately gets made fun of by... well, the whole game really.

Let me guess, it's the face, isn't it?

Edited by DefaultBeep

13 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I don't think you need to ask me that question.

Although I don't know where you got the villain idea from. Arden is one of the starting units in Genealogy, and is one of the most kindhearted characters in the game, although he unfortunately gets made fun of by... well, the whole game really.

Let me guess, it's the face, isn't it?

Ahh, I see I have made a grave error. I never played Genealogy, so I suppose I stereotyped his character from the Paralogue.  Also, your avatar is majestic.  I'm mirin.

This makes me miss old Fire Emblem games that had deliberately ugly units in them.

22 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

That's what I'm saying.  We'll all shut up about Ayra when we summon her in a few days. 

Boi

9 hours ago, Armagon said:

Yeah, despite me easily pulling Ayra from the banner, i already sent IS my player feedback, telling them that i don't want to see that practice done ever again. I told them that if they were to make Ayra a summonable unit, she should've been in the FE4 banner, not in a banner with old units.

I feel like I'm the only one who feels unaffected by this, like, at all. If I was pulling on that banner(and I most likely won't), I would straight up sacrifice a +spd-res ayra to someone I liked for brave sparrow without a second thought about it.

Is Ayra really everyone's favorite or is it just the "have to use the best be the best even if I don't care about the character" mentality that has everyone up in arms?

Someone mentioned free Arvis' though. I'm gonna have a +2 when I eke out the feathers, I wouldn't mind more of those, I S ranked him lol, his sprite was just too adorable.

17 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I feel like I'm the only one who feels unaffected by this, like, at all. If I was pulling on that banner(and I most likely won't), I would straight up sacrifice a +spd-res ayra to someone I liked for brave sparrow without a second thought about it.

Is Ayra really everyone's favorite or is it just the "have to use the best be the best even if I don't care about the character" mentality that has everyone up in arms?

Someone mentioned free Arvis' though. I'm gonna have a +2 when I eke out the feathers, I wouldn't mind more of those, I S ranked him lol, his sprite was just too adorable.

The problem with this has literally nothing to do with the character it could be Glade for all I care and this would still be a problem. Please apply the exact thing I they just did to your favorite characters and see how angry you would be and that’s what they did to people.  

They pulled a fast one on their entire userbase by out right deceiving people by excluding her from the banner she should’ve been in and introducing her into a banner with old units without informing their play base this would be the case. 

Me personally I don’t want Ayra last thing I need is more swords what upsets me is the  dangerous precendent this sets for how low they are willing to go to exploit their player base, that’s why people like me or angry even though they don’t necessarily want the character. But I am a bit of a consumer advocate admittedly so crap like this upsets me even if it doesn’t affect me personally.

Edited by Locke087

1 minute ago, Locke087 said:

Please apply the exact thing I they just did to your favorite characters and see how angry you would be and that’s what they did to people.  

Then I just wouldn't have one of my favorite characters, which is pretty much what I'm rolling with now. It doesn't really change anything; it's no different than blowing all my orbs on the Minerva banner (which is what I did) and then having any other banner show up with a character I liked.

I mean, every time a person spends an orb, they should always be evaluating the risk that they might want something more later - like the people I saw saying they would save for a christmas banner.

This just reminds me of a child who is allowed to have one toy, finds a toy he really likes, but then is upset because they went to a second store and found a toy that he wants even more but was too impatient and missed out. Should we also be mad at the dancer banner that drained everyone (and still is) while this super amazing bait and switch ayra thing is going on?

17 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Should we also be mad at the dancer banner that drained everyone (and still is) while this super amazing bait and switch ayra thing is going on?

The difference is that this Arya banner doesn't follow the trends of a) announcing new characters in advance so players can stock up/save orbs in anticipation, and b) new characters coming in banners every two weeks. 

There was also no indication she would be released on a banner days after a new banner, when previously the developers have told us of upcoming events so we can prepare. 

To be clearer, I'm saying even those of us who are careful with our orb spending (like me, when I stopped pulling from the dancer banner because I knew a new one would be coming two weeks later) were pretty much tricked because the developers have set a very clear standard which they decided to break from with no warning.

Edited by Book Bro

1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

The difference is that this Arya banner doesn't follow the trends of a) announcing new characters in advance so players can stock up/save orbs in anticipation, and b) new characters coming in banners every two weeks. 

There was also no indication she would be released on a banner days after a new banner, when previously the developers have told us of upcoming events so we can prepare. 

You'll have to excuse me while I stomp my feet in indignant rage.

3 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

You'll have to excuse me while I stomp my feet in indignant rage.

Clearly you have no intention of actually discussing this topic, so idk why you're feigning curiosity.

Just now, Book Bro said:

Clearly you have no intention of actually discussing this topic, so idk why you're feigning curiosity.

Because I said my opinion and you're trying to convince me that it's wrong.

Is it shitty? I guess. But as a F2P player I've gotten so used to the "can't have everything I want" mentality, that I really have trouble grasping why this situation is that much different than any other, even with the "special scenario" she's in. She's still a hard pull in a banner with another color (not the first time, even if the complaint is Eldigan is old), and even if unannounced, I'm willing to bet the general populace isn't following the announcements close enough for them to matter. That much.

This could be a sign that heroes could be slowing down if they are doing things like this, which is more concerning than whatever character for whatever reason.

10 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Because I said my opinion and you're trying to convince me that it's wrong.

Is it shitty? I guess. But as a F2P player I've gotten so used to the "can't have everything I want" mentality, that I really have trouble grasping why this situation is that much different than any other, even with the "special scenario" she's in. She's still a hard pull in a banner with another color (not the first time, even if the complaint is Eldigan is old), and even if unannounced, I'm willing to bet the general populace isn't following the announcements close enough for them to matter. That much.

This could be a sign that heroes could be slowing down if they are doing things like this, which is more concerning than whatever character for whatever reason.

That's a reply I can work with.

Obviously there's a point where we have to realize this is a ftp game, and believe me I know and accept I can't get everyone I would like. I'm sure most of us understand that. That's not the problem, the problem is that it seems like they did this knowing fully that she's a popular character from a popular game and that based on previous experience most people who would be interested in Ayra would expect her to be available by other means if she was excluded from the new banner featuring her game. So, those of us interested in FE4 saved up orbs, saw the banner, saw Ayra and Arden teased and assumed they would either be free units (through TT or GHB) or would appear in another banner two weeks from now, as per the precedent set by the developers. Because of this we spent more orbs than we would have if we'd known that wasn't the case. It's the first time many of us feel Heroes has done something scummy, which sucks because up to now the developers have been very good at communicating and making the game fair for everyone. 

1 minute ago, Book Bro said:

That's a reply I can work with.

Obviously there's a point where we have to realize this is a ftp game, and believe me I know and accept I can't get everyone I would like. I'm sure most of us understand that. That's not the problem, the problem is that it seems like they did this knowing fully that she's a popular character from a popular game and that based on previous experience most people who would be interested in Ayra would expect her to be available by other means if she was excluded from the new banner featuring her game. So, those of us interested in FE4 saved up orbs, saw the banner, saw Ayra and Arden teased and assumed they would either be free units (through TT or GHB) or would appear in another banner two weeks from now, as per the precedent set by the developers. Because of this we spent more orbs than we would have if we'd known that wasn't the case. It's the first time many of us feel Heroes has done something scummy, which sucks because up to now the developers have been very good at communicating and making the game fair for everyone. 

I can feel that. I know I feel like I lucked out by having Arvis as a GHB, because it meant I could get at least 3, if not 4 of him on the second pass (would be nice if they would do the quests on the first pass - we know they are coming).

I still feel like they could have handled the situation worse overall - wait until after the trials to reveal the ayra banner without warning. At least there is some time to stockpile orbs, even starting from 0.

If Ayra is genuinely one of your favorites (and that's for everyone), I wish you the sincerest luck in pulling her. I believe in playing with favorites above just using "the best". If you are mad because Ayra looks op on paper, well, Reinhardt didn't go anywhere at all. 

1 hour ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Then I just wouldn't have one of my favorite characters, which is pretty much what I'm rolling with now. It doesn't really change anything; it's no different than blowing all my orbs on the Minerva banner (which is what I did) and then having any other banner show up with a character I liked.

I mean, every time a person spends an orb, they should always be evaluating the risk that they might want something more later - like the people I saw saying they would save for a christmas banner.

This just reminds me of a child who is allowed to have one toy, finds a toy he really likes, but then is upset because they went to a second store and found a toy that he wants even more but was too impatient and missed out. Should we also be mad at the dancer banner that drained everyone (and still is) while this super amazing bait and switch ayra thing is going on?

This is not even close to the same as that  in that case you're saving orbs for an unknown quantity that has been no way suggesting to you that you would get  you feel upset because of something like that it is a clear case of entitlement, But here IS used clear expectations to coax many players into making uninformed purchasing decisions.  Players had absolutely no reason to believe Ayra wasn't free and intelligent systems made no effort to inform their players otherwise, despite knowing for a fact that they would confuse their players making this an obvious deception.  Because if they wanted to not deceive their player base they would've been upfront with the customers and informed them that the Banner was going to happen as it is a large shift in how they handle new units therefore no one that wanted Ayra could've known to save up for her as they had every reason to assume they would already be getting her. 

I have no problems on a principal level with what they did with the banner itself (though introducing new units with old units is still very consumer unfriendly and I hope they don't adopt this more in the future), or with Ayra not being free, I have every problem with them lying to their consumer base by not informing them properly that she wasn't going to be, they may not have outright said Ayra was going to be free, but they would have to be absolute pinheads to not know that players would rightfully assume that she would be and that they would have to informed us properly if they actually wanted us to know that she wouldn't be. But they didn't despite the clear knowledge of this showing this to be a clear move to get rid certain players of theirs free to play orbs to cause them to spend money. 

Edited by Locke087

Clearly we're getting an "apology" in about a week or so complimented by the grand consolation package of 10 orbs! And everyone is going to be happy as they are compensated with a 3* Draug and a 3* Raigh and all will be well in the kingdom of Askr!

2 hours ago, Nightmayre said:

Clearly we're getting an "apology" in about a week or so complimented by the grand consolation package of 10 orbs! And everyone is going to be happy as they are compensated with a 3* Draug and a 3* Raigh and all will be well in the kingdom of Askr!

no. I will only be content if they allow Regnal Astra to be inheritable and they introduce a way to ipgrade/promote older units.

2 hours ago, Nightmayre said:

Bruh, I'm getting 4* Raighs and Draugs nowadays, okay? Way better...

I actually doubt they will apologize or compensate, but rather silently avoid repeating this behaviour, at least temporarily.

Today I gathered my last feathers to promote a fodder Hinata for Arvis which was the last step to finalize my starter team (spoiler because of the pic): 

Spoiler

TT_Team1.thumb.jpg.42f10963660cbf4b8ec51432eace1f2f.jpg

For those few non-german speaking forum members, here all the skills: 

Spoiler
  • Sigurd 5* +0 +RES -DEF vanilla plus Distant Counter, Bonfire, Reposition, Distant Def 3 seal, Summoner B support
  • Tana 5* +0 +SPD -RES vanilla plus Hit&Run, Reposition (Alternative skill set: Firesweep+, Life and Death 2)
  • Arvis 5* +0 neutral vanilla plus Fury 3, Reciprocal Aid, 
  • Azura 5* +0 +DEF- ATK vanilla plus Escape Route 3, Growing Wind 

Sigurd with DC and Distant Def 3 seems very expensive for TT, but I wanted to build a physical red mage tank since some time. After me being so lucky to pull my third overall Hector (the other DC went to Titania), I wanted to promote Eliwood, but well .. powercreep and stuff.  

Arvis and Azura have AOE specials. I'll see how that works out. Except for Sigurds seal, I haven't decided yet who will get which seal. Perhaps I'll change Tanas special and give her QP. If I pull a second Sigurd, I'll give Close Def to Tana. 

After maxing HM, these will be the follow up candidates: 

Spoiler
  • Eldigan (+RES -SPD, QR2, Bonfire)
  • Arden
  • BH!Roy (+1 +RES -DEF, LnD2, Reposition, misses 450 HM)
  • Lachesis (+HP -DEF, vanilla)
  • Klein (+ATK -HP, Swordbreaker)
  • Sharena  (Sturdy Blow 1, Swordbreaker, Moonbow, Harsh Command)
  • Camus (Fury, Vantage, Bonfire)
  • Michalis  (QR1, Bonfire)
  • BH!Ike (+SPD -HP, Reposition)
Edited by mampfoid
Added skills

2 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Bruh, I'm getting 4* Raighs and Draugs nowadays, okay? Way better...

I actually doubt they will apologize or compensate, but rather silently avoid repeating this behaviour, at least temporarily.

Honestly I just don't want them to do it again, so if the backlash over this that they have received stops them from doing it again I will be happy.  I think the reason we had no calendar this month is because they planned this and knew how mad they would make players by putting Ayra on a banner with old units.  I don't care that she was on a banner, but the way they did it was an over the top scummy move.

55 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Honestly I just don't want them to do it again, so if the backlash over this that they have received stops them from doing it again I will be happy.  I think the reason we had no calendar this month is because they planned this and knew how mad they would make players by putting Ayra on a banner with old units.  I don't care that she was on a banner, but the way they did it was an over the top scummy move.

A calendar wouldn't have revealed this anyway.

Monday is still a while away. I can’t wait for the orbs with which I will continue to not get Deirdre!

Anyway, I can’t quite decide on what C-skill to give to Arvis. Obviously, Spd Ploy is not an option, and I’m not a big fan of his default Def Ploy, so I’m thinking of a hone. But hone which stat, Atk or Spd?

And the same question for my Soren too. He’s been running Fort Res since I’ve pulled him back in May, and it worked pretty well with both Lilina’s huge 32 Res and Celica’s negligible 17 Res. Arvis’ effective 40 Res (with boosts) is high enough already to not fear non-blue mages that much.

So yeah, Hone Atk or Hone Spd on Arvis and Soren?

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

A FEH broadcast would have cleared up all this nastiness. So really it's all Feh's fault.

#BlameFeh #RipOffHerFeathers

that what I feel if they had been upfront I would not be mad, but the underhanded way they did Ayra is what makes me mad.  they should have just put her with Sigurd or at least told players that she would be put in the banner the way she was. 

56 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

that what I feel if they had been upfront I would not be mad, but the underhanded way they did Ayra is what makes me mad.  they should have just put her with Sigurd or at least told players that she would be put in the banner the way she was. 

That exactly what I think should have been done to avoid this banner to feel so scummy.

I mean... I'm okay with she being a banner unit, I'm okay with she being more powerful that the average Lon'qu, I'm okay with she being in a different banner that the rest of the New Holy War Characters... However, I'm not okay with surprise bait banners.

Edited by Troykv

On 10/19/2017 at 4:03 AM, pullofthebush said:

I just wondered because her 4* stats were datamined unlike Arden's stats... But maybe that's just the sweet revenge of IS for us datamining all the updates.

On 10/19/2017 at 4:08 AM, Vaximillian said:

She appears as a 3★ and a 4★ in the paralogue. Might the stats have been from there? I don’t remember them though.

I'm pretty sure dataminers can literally just set the rarity of any character in the game to any legal value (1 through 5) and get stats.

25 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Assuming the Tempest Trials bonus hero list was set in stone before the banners went live, what we have right now was the only way to set up the banners to actually work.

The bonus hero list contains 2 free characters (Alvis and Arden) and 6 other characters. All Tempest Trials bonus characters that are not free have so far been pullable as a focus unit from a concurrently running or recent banner (Alm and Genny on Reunited at Last had the largest gap since Alm was most recently featured in the Resonating Fangs banner and Genny on the Bound Hero Battle Alm and Celica banner, both during the previous month).

Since Eldigan and Lachesis have not appeared on a banner recently (Eldigan last appeared on the Cavalry banner in July, and Lachesis last appeared on the War of the Clerics banner in June), all 6 of the non-free characters would need to be featured on a banner somehow, and the only way to split the characters in a logical way would be 3-3, meaning one character would need to be bumped off of the new characters banner and join Eldigan and Lachesis on the Tempest Trials banner.