Tempest Trials: Genealogy of Light!

Vaximillian

It's also worth adding that the bonus hero list was what it was for a reason. I know a lot of people were talking about Seliph and Julia, but they're Gen 2: Lachesis and Eldigan were the only FE4 Gen 1 characters available before this. So that basically pushed them into being bonus units and into being featured on a banner that needed another unit but couldn't really have any other past units.

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The bonus hero list contains 2 free characters (Alvis and Arden) and 6 other characters. All Tempest Trials bonus characters that are not free have so far been pullable as a focus unit from a concurrently running or recent banner (Alm and Genny on Reunited at Last had the largest gap since Alm was most recently featured in the Resonating Fangs banner and Genny on the Bound Hero Battle Alm and Celica banner, both during the previous month).

Since Eldigan and Lachesis have not appeared on a banner recently (Eldigan last appeared on the Cavalry banner in July, and Lachesis last appeared on the War of the Clerics banner in June), all 6 of the non-free characters would need to be featured on a banner somehow, and the only way to split the characters in a logical way would be 3-3, meaning one character would need to be bumped off of the new characters banner and join Eldigan and Lachesis on the Tempest Trials banner.

I'm understand the decision behind putting her in a different banner from a practical perspective (You don't want to create a banner with just two characters, and both of them are underwhelming as heck, specially Lachesis)... But I would have liked to see Ayra being properly annouced instead of being randomly throw.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Assuming the Tempest Trials bonus hero list was set in stone before the banners went live, what we have right now was the only way to set up the banners to actually work.

The bonus hero list contains 2 free characters (Alvis and Arden) and 6 other characters. All Tempest Trials bonus characters that are not free have so far been pullable as a focus unit from a concurrently running or recent banner (Alm and Genny on Reunited at Last had the largest gap since Alm was most recently featured in the Resonating Fangs banner and Genny on the Bound Hero Battle Alm and Celica banner, both during the previous month).

Since Eldigan and Lachesis have not appeared on a banner recently (Eldigan last appeared on the Cavalry banner in July, and Lachesis last appeared on the War of the Clerics banner in June), all 6 of the non-free characters would need to be featured on a banner somehow, and the only way to split the characters in a logical way would be 3-3, meaning one character would need to be bumped off of the new characters banner and join Eldigan and Lachesis on the Tempest Trials banner.

that might have been a practical view, but the information from IS was piss poor tbh. In that sense they shouldnt even have teased Ayra to begin with in the Sigurd Banner.
Besides there would have been a possiblity to make a 4 Char Banner with with Sigurd Deirdra Tailtiu and Ayra, exclude Aarvis as a Bonus Character and run with ARden + the askr trio as 20% Bonus characters.

The GHB Bonus char isnt a conistency on all Tempest Trials and they didnt allways fill in Spots with Characters only from that game and went instead with the Askr Trio Unit.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

that might have been a practical view, but the information from IS was piss poor tbh. In that sense they shouldnt even have teased Ayra to begin with in the Sigurd Banner.
Besides there would have been a possiblity to make a 4 Char Banner with with Sigurd Deirdra Tailtiu and Ayra, exclude Aarvis as a Bonus Character and run with ARden + the askr trio as 20% Bonus characters.

The GHB Bonus char isnt a conistency on all Tempest Trials and they didnt allways fill in Spots with Characters only from that game and went instead with the Askr Trio Unit.

The information from IS was, as far as I can tell, 100% consistent with previous times. They showed Ayra because she was in the last map, and they typically (always?) show the last map in the trailer.

9 hours ago, Othin said:

I know a lot of people were talking about Seliph and Julia, but they're Gen 2: Lachesis and Eldigan were the only FE4 Gen 1 characters available before this.

Except Julia is the final boss, and the final map is based on the Velthomer portion of the final chapter. Where you fightencounter Julia. In Gen 2.

Which throws the whole Gen 1 commitment out of the window.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Except Julia is the final boss, and the final map is based on the Velthomer portion of the final chapter. Where you fight Julia. In Gen 2.

Which throws the whole Gen 1 commitment out of the window.

I don't know why they'd commit to using only Gen 1 characters for bonus units yet use Julia and Velthomer for the final battle, but clearly they did.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't know why they'd commit to using only Gen 1 characters for bonus units yet use Julia and Velthomer for the final battle, but clearly they did.

Which means they should have either added more new characters at the same time (like they did with Alm’s and Celica’s armies), add the second banner two weeks later (and postpone the tempest accordingly), or fucking do the sensible thing and include Seliph and/or Julia.

On 20.10.2017 at 1:30 PM, mampfoid said:

Today I gathered my last feathers to promote a fodder Hinata for Arvis which was the last step to finalize my starter team (spoiler because of the pic): 

Reveal hidden contents

TT_Team1.thumb.jpg.42f10963660cbf4b8ec51432eace1f2f.jpg

For those few non-german speaking forum members, here all the skills: 

Reveal hidden contents
  • Sigurd 5* +0 +RES -DEF vanilla plus Distant Counter, Bonfire, Reposition, Distant Def 3 seal, Summoner B support
  • Tana 5* +0 +SPD -RES vanilla plus Hit&Run, Reposition (Alternative skill set: Firesweep+, Life and Death 2)
  • Arvis 5* +0 neutral vanilla plus Fury 3, Reciprocal Aid, 
  • Azura 5* +0 +DEF- ATK vanilla plus Escape Route 3, Growing Wind 

Sigurd with DC and Distant Def 3 seems very expensive for TT, but I wanted to build a physical red mage tank since some time. After me being so lucky to pull my third overall Hector (the other DC went to Titania), I wanted to promote Eliwood, but well .. powercreep and stuff.  

Arvis and Azura have AOE specials. I'll see how that works out. Except for Sigurds seal, I haven't decided yet who will get which seal. Perhaps I'll change Tanas special and give her QP. If I pull a second Sigurd, I'll give Close Def to Tana. 

After maxing HM, these will be the follow up candidates: 

Reveal hidden contents
  • Eldigan (+RES -SPD, QR2, Bonfire)
  • Arden
  • BH!Roy (+1 +RES -DEF, LnD2, Reposition, misses 450 HM)
  • Lachesis (+HP -DEF, vanilla)
  • Klein (+ATK -HP, Swordbreaker)
  • Sharena  (Sturdy Blow 1, Swordbreaker, Moonbow, Harsh Command)
  • Camus (Fury, Vantage, Bonfire)
  • Michalis  (QR1, Bonfire)
  • BH!Ike (+SPD -HP, Reposition)

Well today I maxed HM for PA!Azura playing the new special maps. Now I have to change my TT team before it even started ... 

Didn't recognize I played her so often. Her dance-buff is just too good ... 

/Edit : even if I named Michalis and BH!Ike as green candidates, I switched Anna in. I liked her in the Mini-TT and she is more of an offensive unit. 

Edited by mampfoid

My Sigurd is... mostly ready. +Spd -Def, Fury 3, Crusader, Spd Smoke, Reposition, and Bonfire. I just have to grind the Skill Points for Smoke and Bonfire before bonus SP ends.

Of course I also have Arvis completely ready, but that still leaves 2-3 open unit slots... probably Bridelia, Priscilla, and a dancer, between Shigure the Blarraven and Azura the dark dance buffer...

Honestly I don't see a problem making the final boss Julia. They already established that the enemy is not the same person they personally know, and in fact it'll probably somehow link to a Second Gen Genealogy TT the same way Resonating Fangs linked to Together at Last.

It will be time to grind some SP and Hero Merit for Deirdre.
I will also use Ayra,  but only for Hero merit grinding. 
I'm interested in the Seal which will show up tomorrow. Hopefully we get a good amount of Sacred coins. I would expect a maximum of 200 Sacred Coins.

8 hours ago, Raptok said:

My level 40 summoner support life and death Ayra is now ready. Too bad she's -spd though...

Mine isn't decked out THAT much, but to compensate for mine's -SPD IV I'm just plugging a Lance Lucina into her at all times.

Trying to decide the last two members of my team still.  Guess it depends on how the maps pan out, though I'm thinking Inigo and Masked Marth (Falchion Healer) to start with.

Will most likely run Sigurd, Shigure, and a couple of other units (green/archer. . .or maybe a certain green-haired archer).  Horse Emblem is tempting, but mostly everyone there doesn't need the extra SP.

My only bonus unit this time is Arvis, but that's not so bad since he's already built up and ready. My goal this time will be for 40,000. The extra Sacred Coins are handy, they'll let me get a full Seal upgrade after the Arena rewards.

Edited by Zelgius

I wonder what type of team will be more useful this time. I have a blade mage mania with Eirika, Tailtiu, Nino and PA!Olivia for nuking everything as fast as possible but Eirika and Nino already have maxed HM so that's a bit of a waste.

On the other hand I have my horses with B!Lyn, Sigurd, Reinhardt and Priscilla but then again everyone but Sigurd has max HM. 

Maybe something like Sigurd, Tailtiu, PA!Olivia and Bike can work. I'd need to give Bike Hone attack to keep Tailtiu at her best while Olivia has WoM for emergencies.

Let's see. For my TT team, the first team is Eldigan, Sonya, PA!Azura, and M!Robin. Eldigan will be replaced by Arvis once he maxes hero merit and vice versa once Arvis maxes hero merit. Sonya is only there because my Julia already had max hero merit and doesn't need anymore sp. Sonya will be replaced by either Black Knight or Masked Marth once she gets the full versions of the skills I gave her. PA!Azura will stay no matter what. Same with M!Robin.

Forgot the bonus heroes get the bonus stats, so going with Ayra/Lancina/Arvis/Deirdre.  The bonus stats will make Deirdre actually useful despite being -ATK, so I figure this will be the best time to get HM for her.  Will adjust as necessary based on maps.  Hopefully we don't have one like the boat in the previous one where you basically couldn't reach an enemy using only a single unit's abilities.  That was really obnoxious.

I don't really have a team set out yet, but I need to build it around Arvis.

Maybe my main will be Arvis, Axura, Camus and Brave Lyn (weird she hasn't maxed out HM yet)

Second account would be Arvis, PA!Olivia, Brave Lyn and Abel I guess

It depends how the maps will be though. If there's lots of annoying trees I might rethink the cavalry.