Fire Emblem Warriors overall scores!

Harvey

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been enjoying the game. As somebody who hasn't played a Musou game in YEARS, this has been a pretty chill, enjoyable game. It's not super deep or anything, but it's still fun. Even the roster issues tend to fade away when you're actually playing the game. I'll admit that the Fire Emblem trimmings are about 75% of what keeps me playing, though. 

The 7-7.5 range it's sitting at on MC is pretty appropriate for non-Musou fans, IMO. Not amazing, but solid, and, while I'm only a few hours in, it'll probably keep people entertained for the duration of the game. It'll definitely be higher for Musou fans, since general consensus among them seems to be that this is a very strong Musou game. 

Edited by Slumber

19 hours ago, UNLEASH IT said:

No Musou game deserves more than 80/100 imo so this was expected.

And why do you say that? Considering stuff with even more barebones gameplay (Assassins Creed, the Batman Arkham games etc) get higher scores just from their source material alone?

I mean I say this as a huge Musou fan who sees them having deeper gameplay than most, but this comment just seems to come out of spite.

Then again I highly dislike scoring systems for reviews as they are very usually heavily scaled or make little sense.

Edited by Jedi

Just now, Jedi said:

And why do you say that? Considering stuff with even more barebones gameplay (Assassins Creed, the Batman Arkham games etc) get higher scores just from their source material alone?

I mean I say this as a huge Musou fan who sees them having deeper gameplay than most, but this comment just seems to come out of spite.

Then again I highly dislike scoring systems for reviews as they are very usually heavily scaled or make little sense.

Oh, that's just my opinion. I liked HW and DW 8, but I didn't love them. If I had to give those two games a score, it'd probably be around 7-8/10. Though I'm the same guy that wouldn't give any FE game more than 85/100 so I guess that says a lot about me.

Edited by UNLEASH IT

31 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Agreed on everything. This is my first musou and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm also loving how they combined various FE elements making it more strategic than I thought.

1 hour ago, UNLEASH IT said:

Oh, that's just my opinion. I liked HW and DW 8, but I didn't love them. If I had to give those two games a score, it'd probably be around 7-8/10. Though I'm the same guy that wouldn't give any FE game more than 85/100 so I guess that says a lot about me.

Fair, sorry I just get a little confused when people just do the whole "Musou games shouldn't get X kind of recognition" blanket statement.

And also to be fair in the case of HW's case its not exactly the best at showcasing musou stuff, considering its slow and tedious boss fight nonsense among other things that slow it down due to all the Zelda additions.

Edited by Jedi

15 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Well deserved score. This in combination with the horrible sales proves that we won't stand for IS shoving Awakening/Fates down our throat again!

Ahhh get over yourself, nerd.

15 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Well deserved score. This in combination with the horrible sales proves that we won't stand for IS shoving Awakening/Fates down our throat again!

You do realize that Awakening and Fates are among the highest selling Fire Emblem games, right?

26 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

lol

EDIT: 9c0228c5fba26fc8ae89aba701f93f34.png

Edited by Integrity

31 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

You do know that it sold better than every Warriors spinoff/side-game since HW in Japan, right? Also that it's among the highest scored Warriors games, right? And that in the last couple weeks leading up to release it shot up Amazon rankings to right behind SMO, right? And that Warriors games have sold more in the West than in Japan, right?

...You've ignored all of this, right?

4 hours ago, The DanMan said:

You do know that it sold better than every Warriors spinoff/side-game since HW in Japan, right? Also that it's among the highest scored Warriors games, right? And that in the last couple weeks leading up to release it shot up Amazon rankings to right behind SMO, right? And that Warriors games have sold more in the West than in Japan, right?

...You've ignored all of this, right?

They ignore everything around them except their own blind ignorance.

On 20/10/2017 at 11:40 PM, NoirCore said:

Again, why do you consider the average for FE Warriors reviews "mixed"? They look mostly positive to me considering most of the scores are 7s and 8s.

They look positive for now but more reviews are yet to come.

Edited by Harvey

3 hours ago, Harvey said:

They look positive for now but more reviews are yet to come.

It really makes me wonder why people like you almost seem demonically inspired to drag the game down, that would be if review scores actually meant anything in either direction.

1 hour ago, Jedi said:

It really makes me wonder why people like you almost seem demonically inspired to drag the game down, that would be if review scores actually meant anything in either direction.

If it makes you feel any better, as somebody who was a skeptic of this game(And to a lesser extent of Warriors games themselves), I like it. 

Plus, the idea that this game is getting mostly positive reviews NOW, but won't LATER is weird. These aren't movie reviews. Metacritic scores for games tend to stay pretty much the same from 40ish reviews(FEW is at 38) all the way to the upper limit. It might go up or down a point or two, but it's gonna stay roughly the same. 

Edited by Slumber

37 minutes ago, Slumber said:

If it makes you feel any better, as somebody who was a skeptic of this game(And to a lesser extent of Warriors games themselves), I like it. 

Plus, the idea that this game is getting mostly positive reviews NOW, but won't LATER is weird. These aren't movie reviews. Metacritic scores for games tend to stay pretty much the same from 40ish reviews(FEW is at 38) all the way to the upper limit. It might go up or down a point or two, but it's gonna stay roughly the same. 

Haha, yeah you're right I'm glad you do enjoy it, although I realize some of my earlier threads were a bit hamfisted in hindsight oops.

But yeah its gonna stick around where its at.

3 hours ago, Jedi said:

I'm not dragging the game down. So far when the reviews showed up, it appears mixed. If that does change, then it isn't mixed. 

Review scores don't mean a thing when it comes to quality true but it does play some part in the marketing side of things in which case, people will buy based on the ratings and I don't blame them considering that games are quite costly these days with day one DLC and all.

4 hours ago, NoirCore said:

...then you shouldn't be calling them "mixed" so prematurely. o.o

So far, it appears to be mixed. If atleast more reviewers recommend it, then I can change it to positive.

Anyways since we're on the topic here, why are you bothered if I said it as mixed or not? Even if its positive here, people will still bash the overall quality of the game for some reason.

Not for some reason, just the roster. Or unfair comparisons to HW that are impossible to be fair (because people definitively can't separate all the DLC content from their minds when making it, and because that game had a better budget so obviously it would have more content)

The raw gameplay seems to be really, really good even for a Warriors game. It's a pity the game won't get he acknowledgment from that sicne people seem to be detracting 1 whole point because of it being Warriors and 1 point because of Ike/Hector/Roy/Ephraim. Or worse, clones, which Lucina aside are actually a good thing.

2 hours ago, Harvey said:

I'm not dragging the game down. So far when the reviews showed up, it appears mixed. If that does change, then it isn't mixed. 

Review scores don't mean a thing when it comes to quality true but it does play some part in the marketing side of things in which case, people will buy based on the ratings and I don't blame them considering that games are quite costly these days with day one DLC and all.

So far, it appears to be mixed. If atleast more reviewers recommend it, then I can change it to positive.

Anyways since we're on the topic here, why are you bothered if I said it as mixed or not? Even if its positive here, people will still bash the overall quality of the game for some reason.

The thing is almost a majority of Warriors games always gets 6 or 7's or even way less than this.  The fact that it's maintaining a 7 and above ratio in the North American Audience actually means it's doing much better than a majority of warriors games and that's a good thing.  Also never read the numbers.  Read their reviews you can see most of them will say that the game is better than hyrule warriors and even that game's ratio is not reflective of the words that are being spoken by the majority who "actually played the game" and most of them will tell you including me and a couple of my friends that FEW is the better game than HW.

Edited by kingddd

7 hours ago, Harvey said:

What bothers me is the complete and utter lack of critical thinking involved.  And to illustrate this, I'm going to use a children's card game.

Have a gander at this card.  No, you don't need to know the rules, you only need to read its first effect, specifically "you win the game".  You'd think that a card that offers another way of winning would be widely used, right?  After all, YOU'RE A WINNER!  In truth, it's not even in the meta.  The conditions to pull it off are surprisingly strict, the "best" build involves focusing only on that win condition, and most decks can work around it.

Now, how does this relate to the topic?  In a vacuum, that's a mediocre Warriors score.  But if you consider the other external factors, namely that Musou games tend to do poorly on reviews, this is actually a decent score.

So next time, consider the other factors before posting topics like this.