Fire Emblem Warriors overall scores!

Harvey

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

What bothers me is the complete and utter lack of critical thinking involved.  And to illustrate this, I'm going to use a children's card game.

Have a gander at this card.  No, you don't need to know the rules, you only need to read its first effect, specifically "you win the game".  You'd think that a card that offers another way of winning would be widely used, right?  After all, YOU'RE A WINNER!  In truth, it's not even in the meta.  The conditions to pull it off are surprisingly strict, the "best" build involves focusing only on that win condition, and most decks can work around it.

Now, how does this relate to the topic?  In a vacuum, that's a mediocre Warriors score.  But if you consider the other external factors, namely that Musou games tend to do poorly on reviews, this is actually a decent score.

So next time, consider the other factors before posting topics like this.

Again, how does it matter whether I said that its mixed or positive?

Sure its higher scored compared to other games but so what? Doesn't mean its a better game than the others does it?

If you think its positive, then good it kinda is then. To me it doesn't seen to look all that great because I am not a fan into this whole thing.

Anyways, all I did was just post the overall reviews and giving my opinion about it and that's that.

Maybe I should have said favourable instead of mixed....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Again, how does it matter whether I said that its mixed or positive?

Sure its higher scored compared to other games but so what? Doesn't mean its a better game than the others does it?

If you think its positive, then good it kinda is then. To me it doesn't seen to look all that great because I am not a fan into this whole thing.

Anyways, all I did was just post the overall reviews and giving my opinion about it and that's that.

Maybe I should have said favourable instead of mixed....

No, you should actually stop and think about what those numbers mean.

The trend is that reviewers historically give Musou games low scores.  Expecting this game to be 10/10 across the board is unrealistic.  It scored well in relation to its genre, which means that it's not a total waste of space.  Since I haven't played any other Musou games, I can't say whether or not it's better. . .and I won't, because then it would be apparent that I had no idea what I'm talking about.

Now, if you don't like the game/genre, that's fine.  But if you're going to post an opinion, at least do some research and thinking beforehand.

48 minutes ago, eclipse said:

No, you should actually stop and think about what those numbers mean.

The trend is that reviewers historically give Musou games low scores.  Expecting this game to be 10/10 across the board is unrealistic.  It scored well in relation to its genre, which means that it's not a total waste of space.  Since I haven't played any other Musou games, I can't say whether or not it's better. . .and I won't, because then it would be apparent that I had no idea what I'm talking about.

Now, if you don't like the game/genre, that's fine.  But if you're going to post an opinion, at least do some research and thinking beforehand.

Fine then its positive. Satisfied?

Now let's see how well this game ends up performing in the end...

13 minutes ago, Harvey said:

Fine then its positive. Satisfied?

Now let's see how well this game ends up performing in the end...

It's mediocre across all games, and above average for Musou games.

I'm not confident that it'll top HW's sales numbers.  But who cares, it's fun.