Check damage on enemy phase

mampfoid

Hi everybody, 

you know this situation: An enemy Reinhardt is sitting comfortably in the other corner of the map and you wonder if your bait will survive his attack on enemy phase. 

Wouldn't it be great if you could drag the enemy unit on yours, to check how much damage would be dealt on enemy phase? 

Of course the result would depend on the tile from which the enemy would attack. If it is a defense tile or in range of a spur for example. Alternatively they could show the damage taken on EP if you drag your own unit over a tile in enemy range. 

What do you think of the idea? Would it be likely to be implemented if suggested to IS? 

2 hours ago, Maritisa said:

Some function like this would be nice to have in more FEs than just FEH honestly. The more easily accessible information there is the better.

I've never played any other FE than heroes. I would expect some additional functions in modern full price games to not be dependent on your calculator all the time. 

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I've never played any other FE than heroes. I would expect some additional functions in modern full price games to not be dependent on your calculator all the time. 

Though this is why FE has always worked with small numbers, at least until the arbitrary power creep that started happening in the 3DS games. It's still leagues better than typical RPGs though where you're dealing with numbers in the hundreds thousands or even more, for no real good reason.

4 hours ago, XRay said:

I like the idea. I will suggest it too.

Great! I don't know how open IS is to suggestions by the customers, but they already have made many improvements to FEH.

4 minutes ago, Maritisa said:

Though this is why FE has always worked with small numbers, at least until the arbitrary power creep that started happening in the 3DS games. It's still leagues better than typical RPGs though where you're dealing with numbers in the hundreds thousands or even more, for no real good reason.

Low numbers don't help of you have to take many factors into account. For example spurs on both attacker and defender, weapon triangle, defensive tiles, special damage (is calculated by many factors on its own), weapon effectiveness, attacking sequence altering skills etc. 

I like the grade of complexity in the game and everybody should be able to do the math in most cases. But doing so for every move can be tiresome (and frustrating if you do a miscalculation in the seventh match of arena), therefore some additional comfort would be welcome here.