Does FEH need a weapon patch?

Shiki

... title says it pretty much all.

Lately, the trend of FEH is to introduce legendary weapons that have 2 (full) effects instead of 1. Most people assumed that this would only be applicable to the CYL heroes.
Now with Genealogy it is pretty evident that they plan to release far more powerful weapons, which aren't even limited to legendary ones.

Let's have an example with Tyrfing:

Original: Grants Def+4 in battle if unit's HP ≤ 50%.
Divine: Grants Res+3. If in combat against foe using magic, unit receives 50% less damage from the first attack.

Obviously, the Divine one has a far better effect. But aside from having more effects, the stat boost is equivalent to the same skill at Rank 3 (if they have ranks). In comparision Tyrfing only has  Defiant Def 2 without having another effect.
But wait, I have something better to show you. Lo and behold, Ayra's blade.

Ayra's Blade: Grants Spd+3. If unit's Spd - foe's Spd ≥ 1, gain Special cooldown charge +1 per attack. (If similar skill also used, only highest value applied.)

Replace the Spd requirement with Atk and you get Heavy Blade ... at full rank. Anyone see the issue here?

Sure, you can argue that due to the exclusive nature of these weapons you can't really compare them over another since they're bound to their owner. But you can look at these effects and see that they are ranking quite differently.
I'm not saying IS should give all legendary weapons a free stat bonus like they do now. But at least they could give old legendaries their full effect instead of the gimped one. (e.g. Eckesachs having Threaten Def 3 instead of 2, Berkut's Lance giving +6 instead of +4 etc.).

Here's a list of weapons which are affected by this issue:

Spoiler

Falchion (Renewal 2)
Tyrfing (Defiant Def 2)
Binding Blade (Close+Distant Def 2)
Eckesachs (Threaten Def 2)
Durandal (Death Blow 2)
Sol Katti (Desperation 2)
Sieglinde (Hone Atk 2)
Folkvangr (Defiant Atk 2)
Berkut's Lance (Res-variant of Steady Breath 2)
Fensalir (Threaten Atk 2)
Siegmund (Hone Atk 2)
Aura (Breath of Life 2)
Armads (Quick Riposte 2)
Noatun (Escape Route 2)
Naga (Close+Distant Def 2)
Parthia (Warding Blow 2)
Fujin Yumi (Pass 2)
Deadly Dagger (Poison Strike 2)

Edited by Talandar

Probably worth pointing out that Sigurd & Arya got extra bonuses on top of their weapons, like a CYL unit did.

Though if any weapons were to get buffed it'd probably be the legendaries. The original Tyrfing is just aggressively mediocre even in comparison to the launch weapons.

1 minute ago, r_n said:

Probably worth pointing out that Sigurd & Arya got extra bonuses on top of their weapons, like a CYL unit did.

Elincia's Amiti actually falls into the same category since it only has a demerit of -2 SPD instead of -5 SPD, meaning it grants +3 SPD.
I don't find the additional stat boost that bad (it's like glueing more stats on a specific unit), my core issue is that earlier legendaries have only Rank 2 effects instead of Rank 3.

Maybe they can introduce something like upgrade quests in FGO.

As far as I can tell, they don't seem to want to buff any characters or skills, but the legendary weapon wielders are the units that need the least help if you ask me. I do think it's interesting what they did with the Slaying weapons. And I can see them doing that for -wolf tomes since they're 4 MT weaker than their melee counterpart when tomes are supposed to be 1MT or 2MT weaker. Furthermore, all of the -wolf wielders are free units, so there's no scenario where somebody spent hundreds of orbs pulling for F!Robin or Ursula and now they're bender is wasted. Hell, I don't even think Raigh has ever appeared on a generic banner either.

New weapons and inflated stats are the way of the future, so better get used to it. Especially if you're building a new Sword unit, those guys have the most competition for any niche due to all those distant counter weapons, Falcions, and sheer quantity of units. Plus they realized how badly they screwed up daggers post release, so every new dagger is a Silver Dagger + but with an additional effect.

Now that you've pointed this out (and even before then, now I think about it) I'd love to see at least some of these buffs implemented - at least for the Renais Twins' weapons for maximum buffs. However, whether or not it was feasible before IS lost a lot of my confidence after their stunt with Ayra.

yes because i allways needed that Pass 3 on my Fujin Yumi!!!

Honestly would be a nice start, but some older Legendary weapons need a total rework, at this rate they will have to make GHB harder ot acommodate the powercreep and then the Askr Trio units or other olde units might become really useless.

Binding Blade is more Close+Distant DEF 1, but yeah, completely outclassed weapons is one of my bigger issues with the game.  I was actually a little appalled to find out that slaying weapons had a 3 might difference.  That right there removes SI potential of past units.  Sure it's nothing new for a mobage, but I'm pretty sure FEH is held to a higher standard at this point.