DLC characters announced

Tolvir

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-dlc-characters-revealed-azura-tharja-more/

Fates

Azura

Niles

Oboro

Awakening

Owain

Olivia

Tharja

Shadow Dragon

Navarre

Minerva

Linde

3 new maps each, 5 new costumes in Fates, 6 new weapons in SD and 4 new costumes, 3 new costumes and 7 new weapons for Awakening.

While information seems to be concrete, take it with a grain of salt for now. I have seen nothing from Koei as of yet.

Edited by Tolvir

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn and I just posted a thread about this.

Olivia is the biggest shock for me, but these are all solid choices. I just don't agree with them making us pay for the three that are already in the game.

Im pretty sure they mean new weapons, like the brave weapons and the like in the game.

Ill be honest, the one thing that really shocks me here is no new lancers besides our Fates ones. No Lance cavs?

finally my favorite Dracoknight will be in the game, so I will have one favorite in the game.  Now I can be happier about buying the game on Saturday then I was earlier this week.  

Just now, Konnor97 said:

I am flabbergasted at making the NPC crew paid DLC.

Also Linde over Merric? Lame.

Which is what makes me think a Wave 2 DLC set is much more likely. If easily 1/3 of our new DLC characters were already in the game, then this DLC cast wasnt exactly hard to put together.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

Which is what makes me think a Wave 2 DLC set is much more likely. If easily 1/3 of our new DLC characters were already in the game, then this DLC cast wasnt exactly hard to put together.

Would it be possible that the potential Wave 2 DLC is where they start to take fan feedback into account like they said they would?

6 minutes ago, Lau said:

Would it be possible that the potential Wave 2 DLC is where they start to take fan feedback into account like they said they would?

Probably. Here is my thought process on all of this.

Navarre is a Lyn clone. Or vice versa. Either way they are the same character.

Owain is probably his own entity.

Niles is likely a clone of the archers. He is the same class as Anna.

Oboro is unique due to being the only infantry lancer.

The thing is, Niles had supports in the files, and all 4 units have lines for in combat quotes. Obviously they were mostly done before the game released. Probably needed some finishing touches.

The rest are obviously unique. Either way though, that makes a little over 1/3rd of the DLC additions already done before the game releases, and most likely Azura and a few others werent far behind. This DLC was pretty much plotted out and planned, and likely mostly done before release. Now dont take this as them carving away at the game, because likewise the game was likely done earlier this year, meaning up until release was likely them working on DLC.

Meaning that leaves the entire DLC release schedule to work on any new DLC packs. I think that is more than enough to throw together an additional 2-3 packs. So I am under the impression a wave 2 isnt exactly unbelievable.

EDIT: Keep in mind this is 2nd hand information. Koei has said absolutely nothing regarding the DLC.

Edited by Tolvir

Not too extatic about having to pay for content already in the game. With the "they took out character X for Lyn/Celica" theories floating around, it looks like they ripped out nearly finished characters just to put them back in as dlc.

Also there don't seem to be enough costumes for all the playable characters... I wonder how they'll choose who receives one. If they take cues from Heroes and just give the Nohrians and Corn their summer outifts from the Summer banner (+Easter Camilla), I'll be very pissed.

Edited by Nanima

4 minutes ago, Lau said:

Probably.

Also gonna guess this:

Owain will be a clone of Ryoma.

Tharja and Linde will probably be Robin clones. Linde will be able to use staves.

Azura and Oboro will probably be clones of one another in terms of regular movesets. (with Azura probably being a clone of Oboro.) Otherwise, Azura will actually have a unique moveset.

We already know Niles will likely be another Takumi regular moveset clone. He might be able to use staves.

Minerva's regular moveset will probably be a clone of Camilla's.

Navarre will be a clone of Lyn's moveset. Or rather, Lyn was actually a clone of Navarre's as the moveset fits him better.

Olivia is probably the most interesting of the lot. I could see her being another Marth regular moveset clone, but she could also be somewhat unique.

All i needed was Azura's confirmation. But hey, Linde and Minerva are nice surprises. Olivia too. Could've done without Tharja though.

Edited by Armagon

I'm sad that there's no Camus, Walhart nor Garon (I really wanted to play as an antagonist dang it!), and disappointed that the NPCs ended up being part of the DLC.
However, these are all characters that I like and I'm hyped about getting to play as them, especially Minerva (even if she ends up being a clone of Camilla) and Olivia (who I did not expect at all).

5 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Also there don't seem to be enough costumes for all the playable characters... I wonder how they'll choose who receives one. If they take cues from Heroes and just give the Nohrians and Corn their summer outifts from the Summer banner (+Easter Camilla), I'll be very pissed.

Let's see:

5 Costumes in Fates DLC:

Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Takumi and Leo would be my bets. Otherwise, Rowan, Lianna, Corrin, Ryoma, and Xander.

In addition, the 13 broken armor models would probably correspond to Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Hinoka, Camilla, Takumi, Leo, Sakura, Elise, Azura, Oboro, Niles

4 Costumes in Shadow Dragon DLC:

Rowan, Lianna, Marth, and Caeda would be my bets.

In addition, the 9 broken armor models would probably correspond to Rowan, Lianna, Anna, Marth, Caeda, Tiki, Navarre, Minerva, and Linde.

3 Costumes in Awakening DLC:

Easy to guess: Chrom, Robin, and Lucina.

In addition, the 10 broken armor models would probably correspond to Chrom, Robin, Lucina, Lissa, Frederick, Cordelia, Owain, Tharja, Olivia

For the last two places on the Fates and Awakening DLC broken armor sets, add Lyn to one and Celica to the other.

Paying for on disk content 

waiting until March to play as a character in the story mode of the game 

that isnt cool. 

Besides what about the name code found that said that there are 13 placeholders, the season pass was supposed to take 9 but it only took 5 since Navarre and his team were all already in the code 

Kinda disappointing that the NPC quartet is DLC, but oh well. I expected then to get the same treatment as Cia and her goons got in HW. Anyway, I'm stoked for Linde and Olivia.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia