DLC characters announced

Tolvir

Honestly, it's pretty scummy that they're withholding the NPC four like that considering they're almost complete based on the datamine. I may get the SD one since it has two of my three favorite characters from that game, but the rest I may skip at this rate. 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They better include a unique moves for every characters! I really hope so. :) Well, maybe Gharnef & co are going to get the HW treatment then.

Plot twist, owain & co are free characters included in it and there's one secret in each pack..xD

Edited by Metakirby

31 minutes ago, Lau said:

Would it be possible that the potential Wave 2 DLC is where they start to take fan feedback into account like they said they would?

The feedback that we want pre 3DS characters that aren't from Marthland?  My decision to not get the game looks likely to stand.

How has the game been selling?

10 minutes ago, IEatLasers said:

Paying for on disk content 

waiting until March to play as a character in the story mode of the game 

that isnt cool. 

Besides what about the name code found that said that there are 13 placeholders, the season pass was supposed to take 9 but it only took 5 since Navarre and his team were all already in the code 

Possibly wave 2.

I am conflicted.

On one hand, I love the choices. Olivia and Linde? Yes, please : D

But Owain, Niles, Oboro and Navarre are such massive teases. I mean, I like them all, but they're already in the game to some extent...

At least Gharnef, Iago and Validar aren't included or I'd be really rolling my eyes.

2 out of 9 are swordies? Why couldn't the base game keep up with that track record?

I think that's the only positive hot take I've got. Oh and "hey, they're doubling the Shadow Dragon roster, that's cool". I expected a Hyrule Warriors precedent for sure in regards to those 4 characters. Definitely a let down. I'm interested in who of these 9 aren't clones, but I'm grasping for any good news at this point.

Tharja is finally going to be in game! Well I guess I'm buying the game when she comes out.  Being the only dark mage in the cast, that could create some interesting movesets, please son't be a Robin clone.

Spoiler

Edited by Jingle Jangle

I've been planning on getting the game and season pass tomorrow pretty much since the game was announced so this doesn't really affect my decisions at all... but...

"Broken armor" costumes, huh? If that means I get fanservice damaged Navarre, it almost makes up for paying extra for on-disk content!

Almost.

1 minute ago, Leopard Gal said:

I've been planning on getting the game and season pass tomorrow pretty much since the game was announced so this doesn't really affect my decisions at all... but...

"Broken armor" costumes, huh? If that means I get fanservice damaged Navarre, it almost makes up for paying extra for on-disk content!

Almost.

They're basically this game's version of "extra costumes for the entire cast", though they take the DLC characters we're getting into account this time which is different from Hyrule Warriors.

Tharja…of course, it's not like we already had Camilla or anything…heck, they'll probably have a Support about stalking, haha…ha…oh, no…

Azura…yeah, figured. Don't really need her, but it was already a given.

Oboro…eh, people like her, I guess…plus the face. The face is always enjoyable, and we get it on Switch graphics so that's something.

Niles…Niles. /facepalm

Navarre…eh. He's been my favorite in Shadow Dragon outside the Whitewings so far, I'll take it.

Minerva…why not? I'll give her a chance.

Linde…who? Oh, that one mage girl who got herself killed four times in one Chapter during Shadow Dragon so I eventually gave up and stopped resetting the game and just let her die? Yeah, not feeling the need to have her.

Owain…ah, yes…the one character in all of Fire Emblem that fits this kind of gameplay to absolute perfection, and they relegate him to DLC…am I the only one slightly salty about this? You better make him self-narrate the entire map, guys - I want the Saga of Owain Dark in its epic fullness.

Olivia-(double-take)-Olivia? Wait…Olivia? Hold on, hold on, you mean THIS Olivia? Not some other Olivia I don't know about? (Long moment of awkward silence)…huh…and here I thought they didn't know how to catch us by surprise with anything other than unrealistic amounts of stupidity any more…dang, now I want to see a Support between her and Azura…too bad that's not gonna happen.

Overall, this isn't helping the game's case for me, though that's in part because it has to be good enough to merit me obtaining either a Switch or N3DS in addition to the game itself.

Im curious whats up with the villans, sure they all may just be robin clones, but im surprized they seem to remain unplayable even after these DLC updates.

DLC includes Azura, Olivia, and Minerva

I don't know what I expected, I just thought they would try to add better characters.

(IS said the wold not include sword characters in the DLC, obviously that's not true.)

On one hand, I'm annoyed. I think adding the NPC Quartet as paid DLC when they released the villain trio and Medli for free with HW is pretty scummy, especially since they are all ready in the game.

But on the other hand, the amount of content we are getting is amazing (3 hm maps per DLC? Yes please) and I do like the character choices (Azura was expected as was Minerva and Tharja but Olivia and Linde were nice surprises. Though I would've preferred Merric and Severa in all honestly). I'm personally guessing that Tharja and Linde will have a unique moveset from Robin but share one since I don't think they would match Robin's style. Also Azura and Olivia better have a unique style too since they are dancers and just wouldn't match any of the current movesets. Also is it just me, or are there a lot of females? I don't have an issue with it, just pointing it out.

As for costumes, it seems each character is getting one per pack. However, the SD has an extra 3 costumes, which I'm hoping are Palla, Catria and Est skins for Caeda, Cordelia and Hinoka. Turns out I'm wrong only 4 costumes with SD pack and 9 broken armour models. Welps there goes my hope for the Whitewings.

Also curious what those broken armour models are.

Edited by Azz

If my copy hadn't already shipped I'd have canceled it right after reading that

is Tecmo Koie the WB games of Japan, because they're pulling that Mortal Kombat X roster thing again

Edited by Captain Karnage

13 minutes ago, Thany said:

Im curious whats up with the villans, sure they all may just be robin clones, but im surprized they seem to remain unplayable even after these DLC updates.

Lack interest giving them the full character treatment? (Supports, upgrade costumes, additional gameplay voice overs, etc.)

3 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

is Tecmo Koie the WB games of Japan, because they're pulling that Mortal Kombat X roster thing again

Not really, this is actually the first time in ages they've done this.

Edited by Watchman

3 minutes ago, Captain Karnage said:

To be fair it's IS no koei