DLC characters announced

Tolvir

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some solid choices in there but I'm dissapointed Hardin is mising the boat again. I wonder if IS doesn't like him since he's not in heroes either.

I'm surprised about Camus remaining absend as well. All other decent villains remain mising too.

Minerva and Oboro pretty much earned their spot and Tharja and Owain are to popular to ignore .

Edited by Etrurian emperor

Minerva is a great choice. Wyverns in general could use more characters an there are few more badass choices.

I'm not really feeling Linde though. She is a pretty minor shadow dragon character and Merric just would have made a lot more sense. He's the first mage and Marth's childhood friend. I get a feeling Linde got in for marketing, but eh.

the trio already in the game are Ok. Them already being certain additions take out Some exitement though.

Tharja and Azura are also choices that where predictable but they make sense and Azura has a lot to work with.

1 hour ago, Medeus said:

Honestly, it's pretty scummy that they're withholding the NPC four like that considering they're almost complete based on the datamine. I may get the SD one since it has two of my three favorite characters from that game, but the rest I may skip at this rate. 

Datamine showed that the characters moves are copied and pasted from other characters and some enemy units.

They aren't almost complete.

Aww, the NPCs won't be free DLC. Thats just lame. At least the season pass is pretty cheap. At least Minerva is in. She will likely be a clone of Camilla's moveset but less magic and more physical focus. Regardless, I'm excited since more Dragon Riders is always a good thing. I hope Minerva and Camilla have a support talking about their dragons.

Tharja is in the game, because of course. More fanservice. MOAR!

Owain has Ryoma' moveset. So hes a clone. At least Oboro and Azura will give us on foot lance users (I wonder if they will be clones).

Linde? What? lol Why? Is she even popular?

Edited by wissenschaft

5 minutes ago, NoNameAtAll said:

Linde being in makes sense when you remember Gharnef is an enemy in this game.

She wants the fucker dead

Thats a good point......lol I doubt there will be any mention of that though.

Edited by wissenschaft

Assuming this is factual (it seems likely)...

I do think that it's kind of scummy that they opted to make the NPCs pay-for DLC...  That'll never change, no matter what justification is given.

But I also don't know just how complete their playable versions actually were on release.  Perhaps it's less scummy than it's looking, but eh.

At least I know ol' 'Boro is gonna be a playable character.  And Owain, Niles, and Navarre, too.  The fact that I'll be able to play these characters at all is enough for me.

Definitely glad we'll be getting 'Nerva and Linde.  If I get to use the latter to Starlight the shit out of Gharnef, then I'm all for it.  Tharja's also a bit of a guilty pleasure for me around these parts.  Though I know there'll be a support between her and Robin, which I'm dreading... I just hope it'll be the B Support.

I'll still wind up getting the DLC in spite of seemingly scummy business tactics here.  But I've absolutely drained my wallet on games this month, so I'll need to wait a while before I can get this game in the first place.

I hope this is fake. The already included NPCs being paid DLC is a shitty move, imo. And the choices here are overall terrible imo. No Camus or other lance cav, no Merric, few characters I actually care about, etc.

I like Minerva and Linde. But I won't pay for an entire pack just to get Azura. No thanks. If this is real, I'm not getting the Awakening or Fates packs.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I don't get why people take Merric is more deserving than Linde? She's the daughter of Gotoh's former student that Gharnef murdered

It's probably because he's Marth's bestie, and also someone whos like potentially a brother in law as well. Not to mention he's the first of the Excalibur/Wind based mages.

3 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I don't get why people take Merric is more deserving than Linde? She's the daughter of Gotoh's former student that Gharnef murdered

Because Merric's archetype has persisted more prominently than Linde's has.  If she even has an archetype.

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

It's probably because he's Marth's bestie, and also someone whos like potentially a brother in law as well. Not to mention he's the first of the Excalibur/Wind based mages.

And yeah, this. Merric has a very notable best friend relationship with Marth.

2 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I think it's because he's the lover of Marth's sister, is a close friend of Marth's (when they first encounter each other in the first game, they both recognize one another), and also one of the pupils of Wendel.  He even has a rival and is required to bring to the endgame of book 2 if you want to save a certain character.

Some mention his exclusive, premiere use of Excalibur, but Linde also has one; Aura.  Both weapons have featured fairly prominently throughout the series.

Is this is all the content we'll be getting, or will we get some free updates like in Hyrule Warriors, you think? Like, can we expect any way to change a character's moveset with a different weapon or something along those lines?

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Is this is all the content we'll be getting, or will we get some free updates like in Hyrule Warriors, you think? Like, can we expect any way to change a character's moveset with a different weapon or something along those lines?

I am guessing the movesets will stay the same, since I don't believe there is a multiplayer mode? I don't see a reason to change movesets outside of bug fixes.

13 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Oh don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying "Fuck Merric, he doesn't deserve it"

It's the

11 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:
34 minutes ago, Sasori said:

I'm not really feeling Linde though. She is a pretty minor shadow dragon character and Merric just would have made a lot more sense. He's the first mage and Marth's childhood friend. I get a feeling Linde got in for marketing, but eh.

And the

Linde? What? lol Why? Is she even popular?

That i dont understand

4 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

I am guessing the movesets will stay the same, since I don't believe there is a multiplayer mode? I don't see a reason to change movesets outside of bug fixes.

Hyrule Warriors had characters with different weapons which changed up how they played. That'd b fun here, too.

1 minute ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

That i dont understand

Broken armor models, mate, broken armor models.

9 minutes ago, Thane said:

I don't we are getting any weapons that change a characters moveset. WTA being somewhat important means characters are sticking to their assigned weapons. However, the villains are not playable so its still possible we will get them as free dlc. However, they are all mages so....

Edited by wissenschaft

1 hour ago, IEatLasers said:

Paying for on disk content 

waiting until March to play as a character in the story mode of the game 

that isnt cool. 

Besides what about the name code found that said that there are 13 placeholders, the season pass was supposed to take 9 but it only took 5 since Navarre and his team were all already in the code 

The characters were in super incomplete states. Heck, there's even things off with their models (Oboro's sleeves are just solid color that her arms poke out of rather than having an actual inside, for instance). Acting like it was all already there on-cart is pretty disingenuous.

1 hour ago, Dandee Leone said:

YES! I too am excited to pay more money beyond the base game for characters whose models are fully functioning NPCs in the game! So hyped!

Ah yes. NPCs with only a couple attacks, minimal voicework, and no specials.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

The feedback that we want pre 3DS characters that aren't from Marthland?  My decision to not get the game looks likely to stand.

How has the game been selling?

It's just behind SMO on Amazon.