DLC characters announced

Tolvir

43 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Speaking of, how well did Olivia do in her game's popularity poll again...?

She got 8th, being the 6th most popular 1st gen female after F!Robin, Tharja, Cordelia, Cherche and Tiki.

37 minutes ago, Florete said:

Also, for those speculating a 2nd DLC pack, it could be worth noting that the mothers of the Awakening trio will all be in with this (Lissa, Cordelia, Olivia).

I hope this is the case. It would make a lot of sense IMO.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Lau said:

Damn and I just posted a thread about this.

Olivia is the biggest shock for me, but these are all solid choices. I just don't agree with them making us pay for the three that are already in the game.

It's not a commonalty with KT, so either its a little greed or IS had the say with this.

Considering how Ayra was handled in Heroes recently I almost wanna say its the latter out of salt.

Edited by Jedi

So the four NPCs are now on-disc DLC. That's immensely disappointing.

So is Tharja being in the game at all, 'cause I hate her, but that's just my own distaste for her.

Plus of the announced characters, only Oboro and Azura will probably have new movesets, and even then they'll probably be clones of each other as lance infantry.

I mean, I'll still buy the DLC because I want to play as those characters, but it's really scummy to sell the NPC quartet as paid content when most of their data is already in the game.

Edited by Anomalocaris

2 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Huh?

One of the DLC packs include broken armor models which likely will be torn up costumes so that more skin is shown....aka MOAR FANSERVICE!

I want a Broken Armor Model for Camilla........because I have no shame.

Edited by wissenschaft

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

She got 8th, being the 6th most popular 1st gen female after F!Robin, Tharja, Cordelia, Cherche and Tiki.

Huh. I still wasn't expecting her though since even assuming another girl would've been included, I would have thought Severa had a better chance.

4 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

So the four NPCs are now on-disc DLC. That's immensely disappointing.

So is Tharja being in the game at all, 'cause I hate her, but that's just my own distaste for her.

I mean, I'll still buy the DLC because I want to play as those characters, but it's really scummy to sell the NPC quartet as paid content when most of their data is already in the game.

We'll have to repeat this a lot. But the NPCs movesets while copies are very limited in game.They are basically little more than flashy versions of generic commanders. And their models are incomplete as well. So they are not finished. Which means its quite possible they will get their own movesets when the DLCs come out. Its what I hope. It would sure suck to pay for clone movesets.

Edited by wissenschaft

3 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

One of the DLC packs include broken armor models which likely will be torn up costumes so that more skin is shown....aka MOAR FANSERVICE!

That's a shitty counter-argument if you are saying that's the only reason she is in it

2 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

I have done the math: There's enough for every character including the DLC characters to get Broken Armor Models. Though I am slightly unsure on F!Robin and M!Corrin... eh, they'll probably have one too. Probably.

3 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

That's a shitty counter-argument if you are saying that's the only reason she is in it

Uh, what do you mean? Does Camilla need another reason to exist besides fanserivce? Not sure how I made a counter-argument. I was just answering your implyed question since it seemed you didn't know what the broken armor models meant.

Edited by wissenschaft

6 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:
6 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

And the

Linde? What? lol Why? Is she even popular?

??????

Why is this quoted under me?  I never said that.

1 minute ago, The DanMan said:

It's just behind SMO on Amazon.

- It actually was somewhat behind the South Park game initially, but is now ahead of it in second place.  Probably because people realized that the South Park game is severely bugged on the PC, but I think it's a good sign nonetheless.

12 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

He said that in response to my comment about Linde being in the game

I was also not particularly serious, but if "broken armor models" means what I think it does, then it'll for sure have been a contributing factor.

Edited by Thane

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

??????

Why is this quoted under me?  I never said that.

Mobile, I guess. Sorry.

And Sorry Thane, I can't quite tell what is and is not a joke over text

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

If the NPC characters get unique movesets in the DLC, then I'll let it slide. Otherwise, it is complete and utter BS to have them locked behind DLC. They are already in the base title, even if they are incomplete. My other worry is that these characters will mostly just be clones of existing movesets, such as Oboro and Azura sharing the "Generic Soldier" moveset. Also, no playable Armor Knight character...

NPCs and Clone movesets aside, the rest of the DLC looks pretty good. New costumes are a plus, history maps have plenty of potential (Don't you dare raise the Level Cap!), and the new character choices are rather solid (Azura, Minerva, Linde, Olivia, Tharja).

If there is a second round of DLC, I really want to see Walhart and Camus in, as well as more representation of other games.

Well, I'm not sure how to feel. The on-disk characters as paid DLC is not cool.

I had hoped they could be patched in as free DLC or something later, as that could have made sense. But there goes that idea.

At least Olivia, Tharja, Minerva and Azura are all nice additions. It's unfortunate all but Azura/Oboro will probably be clonse of existing characters. I was really wanting to play as Tharja, but I don't find Robin's gameplay to look very fun, so I'll be kind of disappointed if that's exactly how she plays too.

1 minute ago, Sire said:

If there is a second round of DLC, I really want to see Walhart and Camus in, as well as more representation of other games.

Personally I'd rather not see other games get represented in DLC. DLC packs are pretty small and you wouldn't have enough characters and content to adequately represent a whole new game. You could do a small "fan favorites" pack with just a handful of protagonists like Ike and Roy, but they wouldn't be much more in-depth than Celica and Lyn are in the base game.

Mystery of the Emblem you could probably do as a DLC pack rather than base game, since it's mostly built upon Shadow Dragon. I'd be down for that.

17 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

We'll have to repeat this a lot. But the NPCs movesets while copies are very limited in game.They are basically little more than flashy versions of generic commanders. And their models are incomplete as well. So they are not finished. Which means its quite possible they will get their own movesets when the DLCs come out. Its what I hope. It would sure suck to pay for clone movesets.

I don't really see how this argument stands. Cia, Volga and Wizzro all had their own unique movesets and were in the base game. Then they were added as playable via a free update. Considering the NPC quartet all have clone movesets, and lets be real, other than their specials and awakenings, they aren't getting unique movesets, this is pretty much disk DLC.

While I personally don't mind, it's still shitty when they could have made room for more characters to diversify the roster.

While my initial pre-release roster anxiety has long since worn off I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand these are some pretty solid additions outside of the sneak peeks. Azura was predictable, Tharja and Minerva were expected, and it was either Merric or Linde for a SD mage. Olivia is the only real surprise here mainly because she's another sword user.

On the other hand, there are still some glaring roster diversity issues. Three of the DLC picks are sword infantry which we already had no shortage of. We have infantry lance users now, but there are still no lance cavalry let alone MALE lance users in sight. There are no bow users outside of Fates, and yes I'm counting Anna here when she's heavily based off Fates' Outlaw!Anna. And we still don't have our damned infantry armor.

So yeah I'm reeeeeally hoping we get additional DLC packs after the first wave.

I’m really surprised and happy Olivia made it in. I did marry her in Awakening after all. None of the other characters are surprising, considering they are some of the most popular in the series. Kind of wished Cherche, Inigo, and Shigure made it in.