DLC characters announced

Tolvir

I think it's also worth mentioning that each pack comes with 3 History mode maps-- the base game comes with only 5, yet they're considered the bulk of the experience. Even besides potential clones, I'd say there's a respectable amount of content.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh boy it's another where's fucking camus episode, just when i thought i didn't care about this game anymore it disappoints me one more time

Linde and Minerva are decent news. Minerva should have been in the base game, and Linde... I would probably have chosen Merric over her, but she's fine too, not a whole lot worse. But at least they're here now.

Everything else is pretty horrendous though. It goes without saying that Niles, Owain, Oboro, and Navarre being sold as the DLC pack frontliners is kinda shaky since they're involved with the plot and three of them are likely to be clones. Tharja and Azura being sold as DLC is equally shitty, since it's not like the devs weren't aware of their popularity and Azura is pretty goddamn important/unique to boot. Olivia is an okay choice on paper, but I'll reserve judgment on her until seeing how she's implemented; if they don't take full advantage of her dancing ability, they would've been better off just adding Basilio or Vaike or Donnel or something.

Edited by Iridium

So if we assume that this is true, then we have 32 characters in total and the weapon distribution is:

• Sword: Rowan, Lianna, Marth, Chrom, Lucina, Corrin, Ryoma, Xander, Lyn, Celica, Navarre, Owain, Olivia (13)
  • Lance: Caeda, Cordelia, Hinoka, Azura, Oboro (5)
  • Axe: Lissa, Frederick, Camilla, Minerva (4)
  • Tome: Robin, Leo, Elise, Linde, Tharja (5)
  • Bow: Takumi, Sakura, Anna, Niles (4)
  • Dragonstone: Tiki (1)

Honestly the weapon balance is still pretty bad and there are still no armors or lance cavaliers, but at least the actual new characters are pretty neat.

11 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Personally I'd rather not see other games get represented in DLC.

But Walhart and Camus are both from games that are represented.

18 minutes ago, Sire said:

If the NPC characters get unique movesets in the DLC, then I'll let it slide. Otherwise, it is complete and utter BS to have them locked behind DLC. They are already in the base title, even if they are incomplete. My other worry is that these characters will mostly just be clones of existing movesets, such as Oboro and Azura sharing the "Generic Soldier" moveset. Also, no playable Armor Knight character...

That's my concern.

I hope they'll at least make each character unique enough to warrant a separate purchase.

I especially think Azura and Olivia ought to have different movesets.  They're performers, not soldiers.  Their fighting styles should reflect as much.

Anyway, in regards to potential "2nd Wave" DLC, it'd be awesome if we could get some 2nd Gen Fates representation.  I know they aren't a popular bunch, but I'd like to see the likes of Forrest and Shiro.

I'd also like if we could get some freakin' Bow Knights up in here.  Maybe even a Kinshi Knight or some other unique character class from Fates.

And I can't believe I didn't ever mention the History Mode maps.  Three for each pack?  Isn't even just one pretty substantial?  So on top of the five we have, there'll be an extra nine?  That's pretty swell.

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I think it's also worth mentioning that each pack comes with 3 History mode maps-- the base game comes with only 5, yet they're considered the bulk of the experience. Even besides potential clones, I'd say there's a respectable amount of content.

Yeah, everyone's acting like the characters are the only things in the DLC and basing their decisions entirely on that.

3 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

But Walhart and Camus are both from games that are represented.

It was in response to the latter half:

24 minutes ago, Sire said:

If there is a second round of DLC, I really want to see Walhart and Camus in, as well as more representation of other games.

6 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Yeah, everyone's acting like the characters are the only things in the DLC and basing their decisions entirely on that.

This is the FE fanbase after all, if they can't have their particular Husbandos or Waifus its crap.

Honestly, I there's a lot to complain about.

• No mounted lancer
  • No armored lancer
  • No mounted bow user
  • No dancer Inigo
  • 3 history maps instead of 4-5 per pack, when HW added a new adventure map with each pack (full game had 1 adventure map, it was about the size or bigger than the 5 history maps)
  • 1 of the characters in each pack is a clone
  • Total cast size, not counting clones, is pretty small
  • I can't play as some of my favorite characters/couples

But, honestly, looking at these, how much do these matter? They feel like nitpicks. Things that would've been nice that could've been in there, or this not being quite as value packed as HW, which had absurd value for its price tag. I'm peeved in many ways, but in the grand scheme of things, it's still going to be an incredible game, and I get to play as motherfucking Owain. And I can pair him up with Elise. 

Sometimes you gotta look on the bright side.

7 minutes ago, The Geek said:

Even with the npcs the dlc is well worth the price. Between 9 new maps, 12 costumes (not including the broken armor stuff), new weapons, new supports, and whatever else they sneak in through updates I think the dlc is well worth the $20 they are asking for a season pass, or the $9 they are a piece.

1 minute ago, TheSS said:

Honestly, I there's a lot to complain about.

• No mounted lancer
  • No armored lancer
  • No mounted bow user
  • No dancer Inigo
  • 3 history maps instead of 4-5 per pack, when HW added a new adventure map with each pack (full game had 1 adventure map, it was about the size or bigger than the 5 history maps)
  • 1 of the characters in each pack is a clone
  • Total cast size, not counting clones, is pretty small
  • I can't play as some of my favorite characters/couples

But, honestly, looking at these, how much do these matter? They feel like nitpicks. Things that would've been nice that could've been in there, or this not being quite as value packed as HW, which had absurd value for its price tag. I'm peeved in many ways, but in the grand scheme of things, it's still going to be an incredible game, and I get to play as motherfucking Owain. And I can pair him up with Elise. 

Sometimes you gotta look on the bright side.

You gotta remember that Hyrule Warriors Adventure maps were pretty bad all things considered, considering how much you had to grind in all of them just for items. 

the History Maps are just the right size, HW's were way too big and had too much padding. I'll throw some salt for Camus though since I really wanted him.

Well, there's more content than just the characters, but seeing the NPCs already in the game yet still being paid DLC is, while sort of expected, disappointing (though less so if the observations of them not being finished are true). That being said, the character choices are pretty fine or expected and I feel the newbies will make up the price tag; I'm not gonna play Tharja, but I could feel she was a candidate. I'm happy to see Minerva, Linde, and Azura in, too.

wheres wrys though

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

You gotta remember that Hyrule Warriors Adventure maps were pretty bad all things considered, considering how much you had to grind in all of them just for items. 

the History Maps are just the right size, HW's were way too big and had too much padding. I'll throw some salt for Camus though since I really wanted him.

I’m not fully counting Camus out until they come out and say they are done with the game dlc/update wise.

I still think Wave 2 isn’t unlikely, and with the content of the packs themselves I think the chance is more likely.

Just now, Jedi said:

I agree, Adventure maps were mostly fluff I didn't want to play. Or, at least, the early couple were. 5 history maps, though, is only around 50 battles. Vs the 128 of the adventure map -the padding, is it equivalent? Probably a better experience, but it's a lot less expansive. Though I feel like that's a bit of a theme with this game.

Also, to everyone saying they are on-disk DLC, that's wrong. Not all of them is on the disk. They aren't finished and playtested yet, they just have their models and some other data finished, enough so that they can be added as enemies, but not as playable characters.

1 minute ago, TheSS said:

I agree, Adventure maps were mostly fluff I didn't want to play. Or, at least, the early couple were. 5 history maps, though, is only around 50 battles. Vs the 128 of the adventure map -the padding, is it equivalent? Probably a better experience, but it's a lot less expansive. Though I feel like that's a bit of a theme with this game.

Also, to everyone saying they are on-disk DLC, that's wrong. Not all of them is on the disk. They aren't finished and playtested yet, they just have their models and some other data finished, enough so that they can be added as enemies, but not as playable characters.

I thought someone counted up the battles in History mode and all 5 maps totaled around 125 battles (the maps have reinforcements).

Just now, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I thought someone counted up the battles in History mode and all 5 maps totaled around 125 battles (the maps have reinforcements).

They do? Holy shit.

Lemme see... 3*125/5=75. Not that bad. Not that bad at all. Still less than HW DLC, but still a huge amount.

Just now, TheSS said:

They do? Holy shit.

Lemme see... 3*125/5=75. Not that bad. Not that bad at all. Still less than HW DLC, but still a huge amount.

I remember seeing it somewhere, but I don't remember if it was here or on Gamefaqs, so I can't provide an actual source.  I'm sure some one who has the JP version can double check it though.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Also, for those speculating a 2nd DLC pack, it could be worth noting that the mothers of the Awakening trio will all be in with this (Lissa, Cordelia, Olivia).

That is a good point. A 2nd gen pack could work, and they would have History Maps due to their paralogues. 

1 hour ago, Thane said:

Is this is all the content we'll be getting, or will we get some free updates like in Hyrule Warriors, you think? Like, can we expect any way to change a character's moveset with a different weapon or something along those lines?

I wouldn’t count anything out really. Who knows what we are getting. But I can see free updates adding something in at some point. Even if it’s just weapons.

Just now, Tolvir said:

I wouldn’t count anything out really. Who knows what we are getting. But I can see free updates adding something in at some point. Even if it’s just weapons.

Would be fun. I remember really liking Ganondorf with the Trident.

If there IS another wave of DLC... I kind of hope it's still from the big 3. Or at least in part. I want them to dig a bit deeper into the cast of these games and get a lot of non-lords. Save Hector and Ike and so on for FEW2.

7 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I’m not fully counting Camus out until they come out and say they are done with the game dlc/update wise.

I still think Wave 2 isn’t unlikely, and with the content of the packs themselves I think the chance is more likely.

"Don't worry, this game will have more characters than just from SD, Awakening, and Fates"

"There's no way the LE leak is real, guys"

"Oboro, Niles, Navarre, and Owain will be part of a patch soon after launch"

I'm going to sound a bit jaded, but people have shown the propensity to deny what's right in front of them in regards to FEW. Just because nothing can be counted out doesn't mean you can count something specific in. It is safest and most reasonable to assume that, right now, this is all we're getting.

Just now, Thane said:

Would be fun. I remember really liking Ganondorf with the Trident.

It’s not like it’s impossible. Considering they seem to use a generic moveset for class wise and then swap out specials and the like. Throwing lance on Xander or Fred could work. And give us some more lance users. I’m not going to bet on it, but you never know.

4 minutes ago, TheSS said:

If there IS another wave of DLC... I kind of hope it's still from the big 3. Or at least in part. I want them to dig a bit deeper into the cast of these games and get a lot of non-lords. Save Hector and Ike and so on for FEW2.

That's what I'm hoping for too. Save other games for the sequel so they can be done right, and really dig deep into the three focus games.

Though I think Mystery of the Emblem could just be a DLC pack instead of saved for a sequel. It's mostly just expanding upon Shadow Dragon.

Maybe if we get a wave 2 of DLC, it could be a Mystery of the Emblem pack, another Awakening pack, and a Fates pack focused on shuriken/dagger users.

Edited by Anomalocaris

I hope that when the second DLC wave comes around, we get a few more dragon stone users. even if one of em is from awakening.Dont want Tiki to be the only dragon around. (tho having Fae would be super cutes)