DLC characters announced

Tolvir

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

That's what I'm hoping for too. Save other games for the sequel so they can be done right, and really dig deep into the three focus games.

Though I think Mystery of the Emblem could just be a DLC pack instead of saved for a sequel. It's mostly just expanding upon Shadow Dragon.

That sounds perfectly reasonable. For Awakening I'm hoping we get Bow-Knight Severa and Dancer Inigo.

God damnit, I really want Dancer Inigo.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

"Don't worry, this game will have more characters than just from SD, Awakening, and Fates"

"There's no way the LE leak is real, guys"

"Oboro, Niles, Navarre, and Owain will be part of a patch soon after launch"

I'm going to sound a bit jaded, but people have shown the propensity to deny what's right in front of them in regards to FEW. Just because nothing can be counted out doesn't mean you can count something specific in. It is safest and most reasonable to assume that, right now, this is all we're getting.

I mean with the latter two points, with the info we had at that time, knowing that SD, Awakening and Fates were the main focuses of the game and with what HW the villain trio and Medli, you can't really blame people for thinking those things.

Though I do agree people were being over optimistic by thinking we'd get more beyond SD, Awakening and Fates.

8 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

"Don't worry, this game will have more characters than just from SD, Awakening, and Fates"

"Oboro, Niles, Navarre, and Owain will be part of a patch soon after launch"

I'm going to sound a bit jaded, but people have shown the propensity to deny what's right in front of them in regards to FEW. Just because nothing can be counted out doesn't mean you can count something specific in. It is safest and most reasonable to assume that, right now, this is all we're getting.

While that is entirely true, I’m not fully counting it out. They did say fan demand will influence later dlc, and this first wave looks a little too finalized for it to be taken into account here. And that was said when they were first announced.

Just now, TheSS said:

That sounds perfectly reasonable. For Awakening I'm hoping we get Bow-Knight Severa and Dancer Inigo.

God damnit, I really want Dancer Inigo.

I too want Bow Knight Severa. Bow Knight is my favorite class and Severa/Selena is the only realistic choice whose canon promotion is Bow Knight unless they're willing to give us Sedgar or Wolf.

Inigo I'd rather have as a Hero. Even though we already have a lot of sword users, we don't have a proper Mercenary-style moveset.

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

I mean with the latter two points, with the info we had at that time, knowing that SD, Awakening and Fates were the main focuses of the game and with what HW the villain trio and Medli, you can't really blame people for thinking those things.

Though I do agree people were being over optimistic by thinking we'd get more beyond SD, Awakening and Fates.

To be fair, we technically did get more than the core three games. Just Lyn and Celica, but it's something.

18 minutes ago, Jedi said:

You gotta remember that Hyrule Warriors Adventure maps were pretty bad all things considered, considering how much you had to grind in all of them just for items. 

the History Maps are just the right size, HW's were way too big and had too much padding. I'll throw some salt for Camus though since I really wanted him.

And that's the whole reason why I stop playing Hyrule Warriors. No way in hell I'm going to dedicate my time to grinding Tingle.

Anyways, everyone making these accusations about certain characters being clones, but I'm going to ask besides Navarre "where the proof?"

I completely understand seeing glass half-empty here, but I think we should wait & see how these characters actually turn out. Granted to give IS & KT the benefit of the doubt isn't something they deserve but that doesn't change we should wait & see at the end of the day.

Although I have to say I'm very disappointed how they're handling the DLC, far as I can tell Hyrule Warriors did a much better job even with the season pass.

2 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

To be fair, we technically did get more than the core three games. Just Lyn and Celica, but it's something.

Well yeah, but I meant at the time before the LE leak and shit.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Anyways, everyone making these accusations about certain characters being clones, but I'm going to ask besides Navarre "where the proof?"

If you look at character gameplay, you can clearly see how Owain shares his moveset with both Ryoma and generic myrmidons/swordmaster and the same with Niles and all archers in the game. Oboro, while being the most unique, you can see her moveset is a clone of generic soldiers/halberdiers.

And I mean, if they haven't so far, I'm not expecting better for Minerva, Linde or Tharja (Though I'm gonna risk being optimistic for once and hope Linde and Tharja do get unique movesets). Really, I would only expect Azura and Olivia to be unique (And I think it would be the biggest piece of shit if at least these two weren't).

Fuck it seems like I'm not excited for Warriors, but believe me I am.

Edited by Azz

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Oboro is unique, but Niles and Owain as NPCs use the same basic attack strings that Takumi and Ryoma use, respectively. So... there's the proof.

I too want Bow Knight Severa. Bow Knight is my favorite class and Severa/Selena is the only realistic choice whose canon promotion is Bow Knight unless they're willing to give us Sedgar or Wolf.

Inigo I'd rather have as a Hero. Even though we already have a lot of sword users, we don't have a proper Mercenary-style moveset.

You talk like Chrom's moveset doesn't already take all of the Hero's iconic moves

Honestly, I just want a game other than heroes to let Inigo dance, damnit. It's his passion, I wanna see the man dance his heart away. While killing everyone in sight.

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

Oboro is unique, but Niles and Owain as NPCs use the same basic attack strings that Takumi and Ryoma use, respectively. So... there's the proof.

Crap, forgot about that, but I was mostly talking about Tharja, Linde, Minerva, etc being clones. I don't think any1 is going to pretend there won't be a chance of that, but I don't see anything that says they won't have their own moveset.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

And that's the whole reason why I stop playing Hyrule Warriors. No way in hell I'm going to dedicate my time to grinding Tingle.

I completely understand seeing glass half-empty here, but I think we should wait & see how these characters actually turn out. Granted to give IS & KT the benefit of the doubt isn't something they deserve but that doesn't change we should wait & see at the end of the day.

Although I have to say I'm very disappointed how they're handling the DLC, far as I can tell Hyrule Warriors did a much better job even with the season pass.

Unless you're talking about Legends (where you could honestly play through most of the Adventure Maps normally and have everyone at a reasonable level as long as you played everyone about equally), you'd never need to grind out Tingle because DLC characters in Hyrule Warriors had nothing as rewards in the game, even taking the DLC maps each one came with into account.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I think it's pretty easy to infer by looking at the DLC list. It looks like each pack will have 2 originals and a clone (Oboro/Azura and Clone!Niles, Tharja/Olivia and Clone! Owain.)

But if we get original movesets for all 3, I'd love that.

On the topic of Clone!Owain, I wanna see him use dark magic in place of lightning in his moveset if he copies off of Ryoma.

10 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Could we get an Axe Hero? I just want more axe users. lol 

Edited by wissenschaft

25 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

I remember when people went as far as to say it was "debunked" and anyone who entertained the thought that it might be real was considered an idiot (not so much here, but on Reddit and such). Ah, feels like...just a couple months ago, actually.

2 minutes ago, Florete said:

I remember when people went as far as to say it was "debunked" and anyone who entertained the thought that it might be real was considered an idiot (not so much here, but on Reddit and such). Ah, feels like...just a couple months ago, actually.

Maybe last September maybe? Not sure.

5 minutes ago, Folt said:

Unless you're talking about Legends (where you could honestly play through most of the Adventure Maps normally and have everyone at a reasonable level as long as you played everyone about equally), you'd never need to grind out Tingle because DLC characters in Hyrule Warriors had nothing as rewards in the game, even taking the DLC maps each one came with into account.

I was talking about grinding in general & trying to max out everyone, but I hate how I had to be force to play Agitha. Probably why I didn't bother Hyrule Warriors Legend since I couldn't transfer the files.

3 minutes ago, TheSS said:

I think it's pretty easy to infer by looking at the DLC list. It looks like each pack will have 2 originals and a clone (Oboro/Azura and Clone!Niles, Tharja/Olivia and Clone! Owain.)

But if we get original movesets for all 3, I'd love that.

On the topic of Clone!Owain, I wanna see him use dark magic in place of lightning in his moveset if he copies off of Ryoma.

I see no real reason to believe that Oboro, Olivia, Linde, Minerva, & Azura won't have their own moveset.

I would also like to see Owain a magic swordsman as well.

Didn't they say in an interview that they wanted to add characters with interesting movesets as DLC? Wouldn't that mean that the characters won't actually be clones of others from the base game? I'm not too sure about it, but I think I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

What do you guys think the "New" weapons will mean? They will likely be weapons with the True Power skill attached, but there are more weapons then DLC characters, so some of those are gonna go to the previous playable characters.

Honestly, Olivia, Oboro, and Azura are the only ones I see having new movesets, and the latter two are likely to share theirs. Linde, Tharja, and Minerva will most likely be clones of Robin, Robin, and Camilla, while we already know that Owain, Niles, and Navarre are clones of Ryoma, Takumi, and Lyn.

I dont see how Lindie would share a moveset with robin or tharja when they mostly use dark tomes in their movesets, but lindie uses light magic in her games.

11 minutes ago, Florete said:

Only a bit over a month ago, actually.

33 minutes ago, Azz said:

It's more that a lot of people couldn't entertain the LE leak even being possible and were still in complete denial until Celica got revealed. I'm not saying that it's impossible that we'll get characters from outside the focus games, but I'm not saying we will either; we have absolutely no way of knowing. It's better to focus on what we do know rather than fantasize about what we don't.

Honestly, Olivia, Oboro, and Azura are the only ones I see having new movesets, and the latter two are likely to share theirs. Linde, Tharja, and Minerva will most likely be clones of Robin, Robin, and Camilla, while we already know that Owain, Niles, and Navarre are clones of Ryoma, Takumi, and Lyn.

May as well be worth mentioning at this point that HW had all of 3 DLC characters before Legends. Even if we do get a bunch of clones, I don't necessarily think that it's a bad deal in comparison.

4 minutes ago, Thany said:

I dont see how Lindie would share a moveset with robin or tharja when they mostly use dark tomes in their movesets, but lindie uses light magic in her games.

This is the same game that made every bow user a clone of the guy whose moveset makes use of his Fujin Yumi, and made Hinoka use her naginata like a lance to keep her in line with Caeda and Cordelia. They'll find a way.

Edited by Anomalocaris

"Getting a little presumptuous?" ~Matilda right before a crit to the face.

Owain is my second favorite Awakening child unit, so I'm glad he will be playable after all. I know it's disappointing that the NPC's are part of this DLC and not free, and I agree that it's disappointing. But to those it may concern (you know who you are) (and I'm sorry if this is beating a dead horse already) let's make one thing clear and please stop calling them "on-disc DLC"!? A model, a few quotes, and literally one or two moves does not a playable character make. Because unless you can hack them playable and be fully functional without having to hack a moveset in as well, it's not exactly a whole lot on the disc to "rip-out", now is there? Paying for a full playable version of them is not so bizarre, is it? A small portion of a $20 season pass. It's no Hyrule Warriors, but then again almost none of FEW's development followed a pattern similar to HW. I think perhaps we should stop comparing the two.

Yes, it's all disappointing. We can live with it though, can't we? Oh but no, everyone's gotta complain, complain, complain. *deep sigh* ...Alas, the world ain't perfect. It was a far cry to ever expect this game to be exactly what we want, or even close to it. Being a bunch of crybabies won't get any fruitful messages across to the devs. I understand the issues, I really do, but I'd swear every fanbase was full of nothing but crybabies. Yeah I know, it's the whole vocal minority business. Even the FE fanbase has a lot of crybabies, more than I would've liked, even extending to this here Forest. I thought we were better than this. I can only try to set a better example for everyone. Life's no cakewalk, that's for sure.

I know we wanted the NPC's to be playable, but not at a price. But you know what? I'm grateful they're gonna be playable at all. We really should feel more grateful about things. That this game even exists, even if it wasn't quite a dream come true for everyone. We have to make with what we've got. If you ask me, that's the mindset the less hyped of us ought to have when getting into this game. It can go a long way in forming more positive opinions and perspectives.

This is the same game that made every bow user a clone of the guy whose moveset makes use of his Fujin Yumi, and Hinoka use her naginata incorrectly. They'll find a way.

True, but we should wait & see if that is the case. Not that you shouldn't be pessimistic given how they treat the cast.

I'm very very very happy that were getting Azura and Olivia, the two characters I wanted, so I'm happy about that.

But I do love how people are saying characters will be clones like it's a fact. I don't think that will be true or entirely true at least. They have time to declone them and work on unique animations for them, so basically finish them. 

I do find it silly though, the reactions I've read, but oh well, at least were getting these characters and they're becoming playable one way or another.

2 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

"Getting a little presumptuous?" ~Matilda right before a crit to the face.

Owain is my second favorite Awakening child unit, so I'm glad he will be playable after all. I know it's disappointing that the NPC's are part of this DLC and not free, and I agree that it's disappointing. But to those it may concern (you know who you are) (and I'm sorry if this is beating a dead horse already) let's make one thing clear and please stop calling them "on-disc DLC"!? A model, a few quotes, and literally one or two moves does not a playable character make. Because unless you can hack them playable and be fully functional without having to hack a moveset in as well, it's not exactly a whole lot on the disc to "rip-out", now is there? Paying for a full playable version of them is not so bizarre, is it? A small portion of a $20 season pass. It's no Hyrule Warriors, but then again almost none of FEW's development followed a pattern similar to HW. I think perhaps we should stop comparing the two.

Yes, it's all disappointing. We can live with it though, can't we? Oh but no, everyone's gotta complain, complain, complain. *deep sigh* ...Alas, the world ain't perfect. It was a far cry to ever expect this game to be exactly what we want, or even close to it. Being a bunch of crybabies won't get any fruitful messages across to the devs. I understand the issues, I really do, but I'd swear every fanbase was full of nothing but crybabies. Yeah I know, it's the whole vocal minority business. Even the FE fanbase has a lot of crybabies, more than I would've liked, even extending to this here Forest. I thought we were better than this. I can only try to set a better example for everyone. Life's no cakewalk, that's for sure.

I know we wanted the NPC's to be playable, but not at a price. But you know what? I'm grateful they're gonna be playable at all. We really should feel more grateful about things. That this game even exists, even if it wasn't quite a dream come true for everyone. We have to make with what we've got. If you ask me, that's the mindset the less hyped of us ought to have when getting into this game. It can go a long way in forming more positive opinions and perspectives.

Your rants are amazing, please never stop.