• The imperial Seal of Bern
    • The Sacred Stone of Grado
    • Lehran's Medallion
    • Omega Yato
    • The Pedestrial of Flames
    • The Opera of Light

Which Object is the best Fire Emblem.

With that I personally mean:

Which Object has the best Justification for giving the Game its Title?

But if you've a definition for the "best" Fire Emblem, that you like more, you can use it, to answer this question.

What are the Pedestal of Flames and Opera of Light from? Warriors and Tokyo Mirage Sessions, respectively?

As for your question, I have to say that unfortunately the Omega Yato has the most justification for naming the game "Fire Emblem," as it plays a vital role in all three routes.

However, my favorite would be Lehren's Medallion. While I've never played Tellius, reading about its lore has made the medallion seem really cool through its "possession" of people and Ashnard's goal of using it.

Aside from the whole "you need to be totes balanced to hold it" business, I rather like Lehran's Medallion and how it was handled. A ticking time bomb capable of making people lose it makes it a suitably powerful object worthy of being the center of attention and share its name with the series.

35 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

What are the Pedestal of Flames and Opera of Light from? Warriors and Tokyo Mirage Sessions, respectively?

The Pedestrial is from Awakening. So technically the same as Shield of Seals, but I thought, they worked differently enough to give them two options.

Yes, the other one is from TMS.

Honestly, none of them really sound like they'd be called the Fire Emblem in any universe that didn't will at least one artifact to be called that. But Lehran's Medallion comes closest, especially because of its association with chaos and madness and its eerie light.

Though honestly I think the coolest of the Fire Emblems is the Omega Yato, hands down. High Fantasy Chainsaw all the way.

I picked Lehran's Medallion, being the Tellius devotee I am. It is handled well in the plot, it does drop off in meaning after RD P3. But when you remember the "fire" of the Emblem is visible chaos, you realize that the Fire Emblem isn't really forgotten at all in Part 4. It just transcends being a physical object. 

Spoiler

Yune, the Goddess of Chaos herself, is in a sense the Fire Emblem. And she is all so present in P4. 

Also, the Emblem physically represented the ancient covenant between Ashera and her servants to maintain peace in Tellius. Lehran's desire to break the covenant, to break the seal on his Medallion, is what drives the plots of PoR and RD.

Second places goes to Archanea's Fire Emblem. A distant third goes to the Elibe emblem. Note that Roy has to insert the Fire Emblem into the Binding Blade before he can use it. The BB is in a sense an extension of the Fire Emblem.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I voted the shield of seals, because it's the one fire emblem you can actually use. Not just in a plot sense, but one that gives Marth stat bonuses and can open chests. Also, it's pretty awesome how it binds earth dragons immediately, that always blew me away in the final chapter of SNES Mystery.

Ya'll can have your plot, while I steal all the treasures ~

I chose the Shield of Seals. Not only is it used consistently for both plot and gameplay purposes in Archanea, but it also consistently gets called the Fire Emblem. Lehran's Medallion...did it only get called the Fire Emblem once? I only remember one time, and that was just to say "oh, and this thing has a nickname"; it feels...forced.

I have to say Lehran's Medallion, since it played a big part in the plot of both games and a lot of backstory, along with the twist that it brings in part 4 of RD. And it's interesting how the person who could handle it safely was not the main lord but rather, his sister and the herons.

Shield of Seals for actually being plot-relevant in both the games it's in and it actually is referred to as the Fire Emblem sometimes. Runners up are the Omega Yato and the Binding Blade Fire Emblem.

On 10/20/2017 at 1:05 AM, Slumber said:

Lehran's Medallion for actually doing something.

This, pretty much. 

The Archanea Fire Emblem gets some cool lore in FE3/12, but it was originally a glorified Lockpick (the only thing I remember about its role in FE1/11 was it was a seal of House Archanea and was basically never mentioned again following its introduction in Chapter 6).  

Valentia and Jugdral don't have their own Fire Emblems, and the one mention of the Archanea one in FE4 is so minor its laughable.

Elibe's... exists, I guess?  That's really all I can say about it.  In FE6, it's the key to the Binding Blade, and this thing Guinevere stole.  In FE7, it's used for a coming of age ceremony that was ultimately just set up for FE6.

Magvel's is destroyed before the game even begins, though a second one is made at the end it's never directly referred to as such.

Tellius's is a constant factor in the plot, a doom lying over the protagonists' heads and sought by the enemy for how dangerous it is.  Hence why I like it the most.

Awakening's... honestly, my main gripe here is that it's fsr incomplete despite FE3/12 saying it being incomplete was a bad thing???  Like it'd be fine if it was a separate object but we're led to believe it's not.

The divine weapons and Rainbow Sage thing was one of the more interesting elements of Fates's plot but... that's not exactly saying much.  

Haven't played TMS or Warriors so no comment on the Opera of Light beyond the memes involved with it, or whatever Warriors's is.

Edited by Glaceon Mage
expanding on Elibe

31 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Tellius's is a constant factor in the plot, a doom lying over the protagonists' heads and sought by the enemy for how dangerous it is.  Hence why I like it the most.

Pretty well sums up my thoughts on why it's the best. Volke's storytime to Ike is one of those ultra rare legitimately intriguing exposition dumps as well.

Lehran's medallion for reasons already said. For all that the overused animation of it glowing looks and sounds totally fake, it has an excellent role in the plot. Should have been called the Fire Emblem more to make the games justify the title IMO but oh well.