Bug encounters

nocturnal YL

9 hours ago, Technoweirdo said:

Quickly checking, I've either got a version different from yours, picked the wrong battle, or they are indeed fliers. o0

There's really no explanation I've got if they aren't fliers.

Just checked it myself and it seems you're right. I must have been looking at a different ally.

I can accept this as the reason for my 3rd attempt failure, but the 1st still seems really sketchy.

Perhaps these aren't bugs and are maybe just glitches, but I've experienced a few on the N3DS. They're not bad enough to make me annoyed all of the time when they happen but when I pointed them out to my sibling, we just laughed together.

The first one is appears when there are those cutscenes (the non-animated ones) where the characters are talking and on the very top of the screen there is the title of the chapter and a grey line running underneath the text.

5a00315f6c205_ScreenShot2017-11-06at8_24_19pm.png.53ad3133f3209cc930fef8aa3896448e.png

(Screenshot taken from Vooks' gameplay on Youtube)

It didn't seem to glitch on this version of the game but I've had moments when that line would fade completely for a couple of seconds and then come back again. It took my focus off from the dialogue but it wasn't too bad and it has happened from every chapter after the first one.

The second problem I encountered was when, for a split second, the next button to continue on with the battle (after reading the cutscene dialogue) would flash just below the tutorial picture before appearing to the bottom right of the screen. 5a003459da4d2_ScreenShot2017-11-06at8_35_12pm.png.b8545c0716a39c15fcd57041aefa89dc.png

(The placement of the 'next' button- or the A button just before it returns to its original position. Screenshot taken again from Vooks' gameplay.)

5a0034ac95d6d_ScreenShot2017-11-06at8_35_24pm.png.7c0b50cf95f5ddd8d6eb58197d84d9c3.png

(Its original appearance after the flash. Screenshot taken again from Vooks' gameplay.)

Those are just some of the things I've encountered playing the N3DS version of FE Warriors but other than that, it's a really enjoyable game!

I'm playing the 3DS version, and I just encountered a bug that made my game crash. I'm not sure what triggered it but what I was doing was making some crests in final preparations for fighting Anna to unlock her, I can provide a picture of what happened.

Any ideas about what exactly could have triggered this?

Edit: took down the photo cause I need to remove some attachments 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

I got a weird audio desync in an early cutscene, a softlock in Ch. 1 (was trying out Lucina, and went to switch back to Lianna when Lucina announced she was leaving. This somehow left me controlling Lucina and unable to switch back to Lianna. I couldn't finish the level because of it) and I had a crash when moving to the convoy after applying crests. Went to a character's profile, they had a bugged-out looking portrait and then the game locked up.

• 2 months later...

I don’t know if anyone else has mentioned or seen it, but sometimes while playing, if characters I’m not controlling are fighting an enemy (with an actual health bar), the enemy’s health bar stops going down once it gets between 1/5 to 1/4 of the way down. And no matter how much more time they spend fighting offscreen (as in, not in my line of sight) the enemy unit still suffers no damage. The only way to fix this, as far as I have found, is to take direct control of a character and fight them personally. Obviously, if the allied unit that engaged them is fully controllable, this is easy, but for some maps with those deployable NPC units, this becomes very aggravating. Anyone else had this problem?

Alright, so in all my time playing this game on the Switch since Christmas, I've actually only ever had one crash, and I believe it happened when I used Oboro to break an enemy captain's armor (or was it that she had her armor broken?).  I think the game simply overloaded, as a lot was happening in the game at the time.

35 minutes ago, KyMattEm said:

I don’t know if anyone else has mentioned or seen it, but sometimes while playing, if characters I’m not controlling are fighting an enemy (with an actual health bar), the enemy’s health bar stops going down once it gets between 1/5 to 1/4 of the way down. And no matter how much more time they spend fighting offscreen (as in, not in my line of sight) the enemy unit still suffers no damage. The only way to fix this, as far as I have found, is to take direct control of a character and fight them personally. Obviously, if the allied unit that engaged them is fully controllable, this is easy, but for some maps with those deployable NPC units, this becomes very aggravating. Anyone else had this problem?

That doesn't usually happen for me; I play on the Switch, and the AI-controlled allies are perfectly capable of taking down enemy captains.  I haven't ever tested to see if non-playable allies (green tile allies that you can't control but can still issue orders to) could do the same, but I've seen instances where random ally captains have taken down enemy captains.

What console are you playing on?  Usually, one of the first steps towards troubleshooting is to determine what console these bugs happen on.

5 hours ago, Ertrick36 said:

Alright, so in all my time playing this game on the Switch since Christmas, I've actually only ever had one crash, and I believe it happened when I used Oboro to break an enemy captain's armor (or was it that she had her armor broken?).  I think the game simply overloaded, as a lot was happening in the game at the time.

I must be unlucky then, because mine seems to crash a decent amount. Really hope they fix that.

• 3 weeks later...

As of version 1.4.0, the crashes still happen. In my case, it always happens when fighting the bosses, but it's not limited to specific characters. I just had one while playing as Linde.

I wonder if developers are aware of this issue.

Edited by nocturnal YL

I just had a crash earlier today, when using a dual special on Velezark in the level 100 Arena mission on Knorda Market.

Every crash I've ever had has been during a dual special, and it often seems to happen in Arena missions which is strange.

7 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I just had a crash earlier today, when using a dual special on Velezark in the level 100 Arena mission on Knorda Market.

Every crash I've ever had has been during a dual special, and it often seems to happen in Arena missions which is strange.

I had one happen in one of Lianna's non-special moves (C6 I believe). I did actually turn my Switch off (not sleep) and it seems like it may have helped.

5 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I had that happen too, but it didn't crash it at least.

Yeah I haven't had a crash yet, guess I'm fortunate.

I have had odd hangs like this, orbs and enemies just floating for a few seconds extra.

Edited by Jedi

1 minute ago, Jedi said:

Yeah I haven't had a crash yet, guess I'm fortunate.

I have had odd hangs like this, orbs and enemies just floating for a few seconds extra.

How often do you turn the Switch all the way off? I did that, and I haven't had it crash since...I think.

33 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

How often do you turn the Switch all the way off? I did that, and I haven't had it crash since...I think.

I feel like you may just be unlucky. I, like Jedi, have not once had a crash and I've clocked over 100 hours in this game. I've only ever turned my Switch off back in March when I first got it. Been using only sleep mode for nearly a year now.

1 minute ago, Fulush said:

I feel like you may just be unlucky. I, like Jedi, have not once had a crash and I've clocked over 100 hours in this game. I've only ever turned my Switch off back in March when I first got it. Been using only sleep mode for nearly a year now.

Considering I had about 5 yesterday, and none today, something seems to have changed. Either way, no game should crash as much as this one does. I shouldn't have to hold my breath every time I use a Warrior move with Robin (or even a charge attack with Lianna).

I am not too sure how the game crashes. I dont have any crashes except for 1 glitch that happen a few days ago. I always turn off my Switch when I go to sleep.

I assume the crashes happen when there are too many particles to load but also it only affects small number of people.

I do hard shut-downs of my Switch every time I'm done using it rather than put it in sleep mode and I still get crashes, so I don't think that relates, though I do seem to get crashes more often following a long play session.

Maybe it's like Paper Mario where the longer you play the more likely a crash becomes because it's gradually building up event processes that just hang instead of properly closing when they're supposed to?

I got sprite bugs, but it was harmless. Then when it comes to crashing bugs they occur during level up cutscenes, and special moves, rarely on the former I done a special move and it crashed, erased 40 minutes of hard gameplay, I don't think the new update fixes it cause I didn't update it. Yeah the freeze bugs are annoying.

Never ever had my Switch crashed before, but since the Shadow Dragon pack it seems to happen everytime I'm on a roll and just about to finish the map too. Trigger is Navarre's standard A-special.