Power Creep and Changing Gacha Philosphy in Heroes

Rezzy

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not familiar with that one, do you have a link explaining?

I actually learned about it on reddit but cant find it again lately. The meme is called something like "Continent Greatest Laugh"

Closest one is this

http://fe-da.proboards.com/thread/11/fe-related-memes-jokes

Also funny to note that yesterday theres a thread about Japanese FE opinion and wrt FE10 lets just say they despised it. Its the only FE that have negative opinion

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I actually learned about it on reddit but cant find it again lately. The meme is called something like "Continent Greatest Laugh"

Closest one is this

http://fe-da.proboards.com/thread/11/fe-related-memes-jokes

Also funny to note that yesterday theres a thread about Japanese FE opinion and wrt FE10 lets just say they despised it. Its the only FE that have negative opinion

Considering all the weird and evil stuff in the japanese version of FE10... I don't mind that.

3 hours ago, Troykv said:

Considering all the weird and evil stuff in the japanese version of FE10... I don't mind that.

Uh what? Beyond the warp powder malfunction excuse, what could you mean? The Master Crown Tier 3 promotion thing is a little more balanced than what we get in the international release. Though the Wrath and Resolve nerfs were awful and the forge point system is limiting too. No Ed, Leo, and Nolan personal weapons is a shame too.

Japan had that beauteous extended script though- we'd want that for sure.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Uh what? Beyond the warp powder malfunction excuse, what could you mean? The Master Crown Tier 3 promotion thing is a little more balanced than what we get in the international release. Though the Wrath and Resolve nerfs were awful and the forge point system is limiting too. No Ed, Leo, and Nolan personal weapons is a shame too.

Japan had that beauteous extended script though- we'd want that for sure.

Most of the Master Crown were secrets.

On 10/22/2017 at 10:21 PM, mcsilas said:

Well if the Judgral Tempest is a two-parter like the Echoes one, then they can smoothly transition to either 2nd gen or FE5 (Reinhardt bonus unit when).

Now that I think of it- of the games left, they need to think of good ways to market them.

FE5 is probably the hardest to market but they could use this chance of FE4 theme to transition newer players to that world.

Wasn't FE10 the lowest selling FE? But that game has Ike's popularity to support it, plus Micaiah is in the top 10 in CYL, so there is leeway with that.

They might do another FE6 theme, since there hasn't been any units with that and it doesn't have an international release.  Roy's popularity will help support it but we already have Roy.

One of the things they could do is break up FE4's stages - which were very large, and often prone to issues where taking one castle too early leads to cheap deaths - into smaller chunks. You could get 25 stages out of that. That way, you can also use Thracia as a sequel of sorts.

The issue then becomes the fact that you are fundamentally changing how the game works. They showed they were willing to do that for Monshou, but they kept it close to the vest for Echoes for the most part.