Is the special edition worth the extra $20?

Midnight Torch

So a month ago, I preordered the special edition at GameStop after missing them with the last two games. It seemed pretty cool at first, but now I’m wondering if 3 CD’s, 25 cards, and a poster is worth the $20 I could put toward the season pass of DLC.

I want to get y’all opinions on this.

I was going to buy the SE but after the PR mess that has happened the last few months I decided against it.  If you really like the units on the cards I say go for it, but if like me you don't have any top favorites in the roster I recommend the regular game.

I bought it mostly for the chance to get the official soundtrack. The music in this game is fantastic. Really wish it came with the artbook though like the Japanese Special Edition did. If the stuff that comes in the Special Edition is less important to you than what comes in the Season Pass, I would just save up.

No, but mainly because it pales in comparison to the Japanese treasure box edition. So I bought that instead and just the regular game in English.

I pretty obsessively collect FE merch though, so I'm not sure too many people would be up for this fairly expensive option.

Depends on if you want what it gives. It does have some FE Merchandise that wont be available elsewhere, along with a soundtrack which rarely ever releases in the West. The other merchandise is some character cards, a nice box, and I want to say an art book.

If you arent interested in any of that, then its not really worth it. Its better spent on either the season pass if you are interested in the dlc, or just something else entirely.

I'd say no. I got it for the soundtrack and I tend to miss out on FE game special editions, so I saw this one available in time and got it. 

The soundtrack is good, but honestly I could just look it up on youtube to listen to, but it's nice to own it too. The character cards are pretty cheesy in my opinion. I also bought the Senran Kagura PBS "special edition" that was both cheaper in price and came with the soundtrack and an actual art book too.

Unless you're really interested in the art cards and soundtrack or a collector, I'd just put the $20 toward the season pass if you want to spend extra money.