Serenes Forest Support Group

Greencapps

So after seeing how this thread turned into people giving each other life advice and such I thought why not just make a thread dedicated to it?

So if your in a tough situation and you need some help, a shoulder to cry on, or even just want to spread some wisdom this you can find/do that here.

We're all friends here please be supportive and only be negative if it's 100% needed. 

If there's already a thread like this then whoops, I didn't really feel like scrolling though all them.

You don't have to sign up. I was thinking of it being sorta a common wealth where everyone helps eachother out but I suppose having some people kinda committed to the thread wouldn't hurt. 

Either way I appreciate your enthusiasm!

Where I live, people complain about the heat when it gets above 30C.  :lol:

I'm on the west coast of Canada, so it usually doesn't get excessively hot or excessively cold.  Our weather would probably feel really cold to you guys, though.  And it rains a lot.  

14 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Where I live, people complain about the heat when it gets above 30C.  :lol:

I'm on the west coast of Canada, so it usually doesn't get excessively hot or excessively cold.  Our weather would probably feel really cold to you guys, though.  And it rains a lot.  

Can we get some of that rain? 

Oh my, one is suffering from the heat? Very well, allow me to bestow you a few solutions:
- Recruit a duo of servants to fan you with traditional fans. Of course, such is simply far from economic and is but a mere jest.
- Perchance, might you be able to find use with ice cubes?
- Perhaps multiple electronic fans surrounding you may serve you well.
- Of course, one can always use their air conditioning unit if you possess one.
- Oh, and may I say, I do believe a long cool bath might be ideal in such climates.

As for me—I require support, or more specifically, a C-support. One knows just what this means, yes? Truly, I have never been able to find any like-minded individuals and I confess—even I oftentimes struggle to maintain a simple conversation.

just smile and say hi. 90% of the time people are friendly and will say hi back

what u say after hi really depends on why you want to get to know that person

as for me, i already have an A support with u kno who, but i am accepting applications for a B support:

1. nice teeth

2. cute feeth

3. talks to me in a condescending manner

On 21-10-2017 at 5:19 AM, Mackc2 said:

Can we get some of that rain? 

Want some of ours as well? I sometimes feel like it rains here more often then not...

9 hours ago, Clarine said:

As for me—I require support, or more specifically, a C-support. One knows just what this means, yes? Truly, I have never been able to find any like-minded individuals and I confess—even I oftentimes struggle to maintain a simple conversation.

3 hours ago, buttmuncher.ops said:

as for me, i already have an A support with u kno who, but i am accepting applications for a B support:

1. nice teeth

2. cute feeth

3. talks to me in a condescending manner

Wouldn't this be a solution? :P

6 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Know any good ways or phrases to use in order for introducing yourself to new people? I could never figure that out.

It depends on the circumstances, but generally hi and your name should be enough of an introduction. People will get to know if you talk with them enough anyway, so... just talk to them.

what you talk about to people is less important then the fact that you talk to them in the begining.

I just don't know anymore. I'm not having as much fun at my education as I thought I would, and i'm questioning if Tourism is what I want to do with my life. It's not like I can just go and quit since my parents payed a lot of money for me to even get this education. I just don't know what I want to do, and it makes me very insecure. What do I do?

4 hours ago, Michelaar said:

I just don't know anymore. I'm not having as much fun at my education as I thought I would, and i'm questioning if Tourism is what I want to do with my life. It's not like I can just go and quit since my parents payed a lot of money for me to even get this education. I just don't know what I want to do, and it makes me very insecure. What do I do?

I feel for you man. I've got the same problem. I've only got a few months until graduation, though, so I think I'll just keep on pulling through.

Also, I feel really bummed out that everyone's coming to this thread for advice instead of coming directly to me! I thought you guys cared...

27 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I feel for you man. I've got the same problem. I've only got a few months until graduation, though, so I think I'll just keep on pulling through.

Also, I feel really bummed out that everyone's coming to this thread for advice instead of coming directly to me! I thought you guys cared...

Only I have 3 years left.

55 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

I assume this was mostly a joke but if there is a hint of sincerity, sorry! I didn't mean to step on any toes. I just wanted to help the collective.

6 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Hm…sounds rough. Out of curiosity before I go saying anything that might make it worse, are you meaning College or some other kind of education? Also, I'm not sure I catch the full meaning on the part about Tourism - does it have something to do with a degree you're working towards?

1 hour ago, Greencapps said:

I assume this was mostly a joke but if there is a hint of sincerity, sorry! I didn't mean to step on any toes. I just wanted to help the collective.

It was a joke! People stopped taking my advice months ago... which is a good thing, probably. I like this thread though. I'll be hanging out here a bit.

43 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Hm…sounds rough. Out of curiosity before I go saying anything that might make it worse, are you meaning College or some other kind of education? Also, I'm not sure I catch the full meaning on the part about Tourism - does it have something to do with a degree you're working towards?

It's college. The education system in the netherlands works a little differently than in other countries I think. I am 16 years old and i'm in college. I am studying tourism at the moment.

21 minutes ago, SullyMcGully said:

It was a joke! People stopped taking my advice months ago... which is a good thing, probably. I like this thread though. I'll be hanging out here a bit.

Aight cool. Just thought it'd be better to be safe than sorry.

Also glad to see you like the thread :D.

10 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Yo!  University drop-out here... :P:  I left after 1.5 years.  I was in the Science program.  I had the same feelings and worries as you.  My parents were a little disappointed at first, but they understood.  (They were paying for my school as well.)  There's nothing wrong with taking time off school to just work and think more about what you really want to do.  

A few years later, I completed a short college certificate required for my current job.  My job isn't the highest paying or important job, but it provides me with what I need to live.  Personally, I don't care about having a worthwhile career or a good education.  It's simply not important to me.  I work to live, not live to work.  My job is quite easy, and I don't take any of it home with me.  Boring sometimes... But that's how I like it. :):  I live a (mostly) stress-free life.

I'm not recommending you drop out too, but I just wanted to share my experience with you.  I say give it some more thought & follow your heart (yeah, cheesy).

Edited by Infinite Dreams