Kemono Friends Mafia - Game Over

Prims

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I know I've derped on my previous posts. I didn't see that Arcanite's wagon got to big, despite it being really easy to check it out before voting myself. I'm dumb. Still, I'm ok with lynching Arcanite and I plan to return with my vote should a better candidate not come into my mind, just not right now.

So, thoughts.

I'd be fine with voting for Rex Glacies because he left a cliffhanger about showing his thoughts in the "next episode" because he wanted to see if Marth responded, but the highly anticipated next episode was him parroting everything that people said about Arcanite (which by itself is not bad) and barely mentioning Marth, the player who he waited like 24 hours to show up so he could play all cards on his hand.

The reason I don't vote him is because I feel it is pointless to vote someone who's busy and who said they'd only be participating in Wednesday - but I know this can be used as an excuse by scum, and it doesn't get him off my radar, but I don't see any vote on him accomplishing anything right now.

So, instead

##Vote: Magnificence Incarnate

You are on the thread right now and there's a higher possibility that you're active. You've read the entire topic, from what you've said, yet your opinion is limited to Arcanite and Rex? I won't say what I have already said in my earlier post about what I find odd about your play again, but what seems definitely odd to me is how you're content with keeping your vote on Rex because he said "my bad" before voting Arcanite. That's just... bad. Do you have anything else to say about Rex, or any other reason to keep your vote on him?

I don't really have anything to add right now, but I figured I'd announce that I'm here and awake now. There doesn't seem to be too much that happened while I was asleep, although Arcanite's stance is still confusing me, particularly in the post where they give their change in vote. Especially since the read I thought I had on one of their other posts that I explained in response to Green doesn't seem to actually be true, so I guess I just misunderstood them. They might have a bit of a scummy vibe, but it's not quite strong enough to overshadow my current vote, so I'm keeping mine the same for now.

Also, to clarify something regarding the Hammer, since I don't think I've understood it until now. If someone gets more than half of the votes from the other players, do they automatically get lynched before the day period ends? And if the Hammer does activate and lynch somebody, does the day period immediately end and go into the night phase? Do the remaining players continue voting for the rest of the day to vote someone else to be lynched? Or do the rest of the players just keep posting and waiting out the rest of the day period without giving more votes? 

18 hours ago, Greencapps said:

@SB. In this post you say you won't be back for 24 hours or more yet you still manage to say this 6 hours later. Granted it as a small post but you weren't tagged in it so it's not like it would be at the top of your notifications if you happened to find the time to log on. I'd argue you'd have to have been actively following the topic to have seen it and responded so fast. The likely hood of you just happening upon it when you have the time to log on is slim. I hypothesis that you are monitoring the topic as a guest to be avoid being seen on the online list and therefore not having to be questioned. I believe Sunwoo mentioned that you participated in a mafia champions game so I can assume you're very good and I wouldn't put it past you to do something meta as that.

I've been reading on and off, but that post was just in response to what I'd skimmed and I'd had way too much to drink to bother reading through for real. The only reason I read Shinori's post was because he (joke)voted for me and I just went "huhhhhhhh?" and I don't have a real reason to fake being away anyway, and also it's kind of a scummy thing to do (not in a mafia context, as a person) so I wouldn't do that.

I'm catching up now but I figured that I'd respond to this first.

Looking into the Bartozio and Greencapps' interactions more closely is kind of interesting. At a first glance Capps' vote is awful and overly defensive, but looking into content Capps had already moved on from non-voting, and passive is the last word I would use to describe him. Actually reading this slot is a headache. If you're town, we can't all read your role pm. Not everyone who accuses you will be mafia.

Bartozio's side though actually makes me like him even less though. He kind of admits that his vote doesn't have much ground to stand on after one of Capps' points, but I feel like a total shift in cases on the same player in such a short period of time is kind of weird. It feels like he keeps trying too hard to hold his vote down, especially in the last line of this post. "This could be a playstyle thing, but you COULD also be mafia anyway" is what this reads like to me and it doesn't look like real scumhunting. He has since unvoted Capps for Arcanite with a similar style of reason for unvoting which is wack.

Marth's first vote sucks. It feels too focused on semantics to reasonably be his strongest scumread by eight pages in. I think his townreads are alright but ultimately it feels like he should have more meat to his posts than what he's shown so far. I can't believe that I'm agreeing with Rapier on a case.

Arcanite makes my head hurt. I was going to say that their play doesn't make enough sense to be mafia, but I almost feel like it doesn't make sense in general. The fact that they were able to back up the whole "I have a read that I'm not saying" so quickly with a decent amount of detail is a point in their favour though, even if I don't agree with it.

Just a heads up, I'm in a Skype call and then I'll be busy later today, so don't expect to see me too much. That said, I quickly skimmed stuff that happened while I was sleeping.

Arcanite ... yeah. I'm fine keeping my vote here. Why vote Shinori? Your huge writeup suggests that you think Greencapp is suspicious, but you vote Shinori because he isn't saying a lot? Why not just vote Greencapps?

47 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Arcanite ... yeah. I'm fine keeping my vote here. Why vote Shinori? Your huge writeup suggests that you think Greencapp is suspicious, but you vote Shinori because he isn't saying a lot? Why not just vote Greencapps?

Simply put

I vote shinori because they're just.... so silent. More silent than everyone else

Which to me is more suspicious than anything else 

Also I'm still kind of holding out hope that Capps isn't scum.... 

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Also, to clarify something regarding the Hammer, since I don't think I've understood it until now. If someone gets more than half of the votes from the other players, do they automatically get lynched before the day period ends? And if the Hammer does activate and lynch somebody, does the day period immediately end and go into the night phase? Do the remaining players continue voting for the rest of the day to vote someone else to be lynched? Or do the rest of the players just keep posting and waiting out the rest of the day period without giving more votes? 

The narrator says how many votes it is necessary for Hammer (7 on this phase). If a player gets 7 votes, it is automatically the end of the phase. They die (with role flip and such) and we go to the Night Phase.

iirc if you accidentally hammer someone and retract your vote, it still counts because the phase was supposed to end in the moment said player reached 7 votes.

1 hour ago, SB. said:

I'd had way too much to drink to bother reading through for real.

are you even legal now

1 hour ago, SB. said:

I can't believe that I'm agreeing with Rapier on a case.

I hate you all

I still can't grasp the true form of Arcanite's play. I can't honestly tell if they switched their vote to Shinori because they were getting too much stuff from the vote they gave me (but the reasoning is the same, so it changes nothing in practice), or why they didn't go for Green. rip me

I also want to play videogames so bye thread

4 hours ago, Rapier said:

I'm not going to run the risk of having Arcanite hammered by accident, he already has 5 votes (needs 7 to hammer) counting with mine.

Also I am not a he*

I am a robot! 

Enjoy your video games~

3 minutes ago, Rapier said:

The narrator says how many votes it is necessary for Hammer (7 on this phase). If a player gets 7 votes, it is automatically the end of the phase. They die (with role flip and such) and we go to the Night Phase.

iirc if you accidentally hammer someone and retract your vote, it still counts because the phase was supposed to end in the moment said player reached 7 votes.

I also want to play videogames so bye thread

Alright, thanks. That may be important to keep in mind regarding who I vote for, so it's good to know the specifics.

Also I'm gonna echo this last part, because I've recently started replaying the Mega Man games via the Anniversary Collection. I'll have my computer close by and I'll check my notifications in case anyone mentions me, but if I don't show up immediately... I'm probably still trying to beat the anti-balance that is Mega Man 2.

22 hours ago, Greencapps said:

Rapier is more scummy because he used reasoning that at least to me was explained away earlier. Bart is just sticking to his guns at this point which I can respect.

I'm getting a hell of a lot of trouble from people who for some reason fail to understand the fact I'm coming from a mafia background where lynching starts on night one where there is actual evidence other than just how people act. The D1 lynching threw me off and striked me as dangerous because where I was from bloodlust was a huge deal and caused the town to lose multiple games. And the reason I quipped at SB. but didn't vote was because I wanted to have more reasoning as, at least where I come from, casting a vote with no backing sets of scum alarms more than not voting. Apparently the opposite is true here. My mistake. 

I've already posted links to games I've previously played in to back up my claims but they seem to being ignored.

Also on the hammering thing, that's new to me, I was concerned about the useless votes because there have been times in the past where mafia have pushed people to vote and end up getting away when they wouldn't have otherwise. My point was is tagging someone and accusing them without voting is a much safer way of getting a response than actually voting.

Me saying that is probably gonna be misconstrued as being scum but whatever I'm probably gonna be killed anyway. Might as well establish how I act when I'm not scum.

There's kinda no more that I can say so unless someone accuses me of something new I just won't respond to them.

Have fun wasting D1 guys! All I can do now is hope now is that you find the scum before they kill all of you.

For what it matters here I understand you come from a different website and playstyles differ across sites, that's not why I asked you questions or pressed you or disagreed with you.  However you should have the ability to adapt. Day 1 on this site can be fairly important but this is all past information so I'm not going to go further into this.  After the rest of Greencapps posts throughout the day phase I'm starting to feel a lot more comfortable with him and I'm getting a townvibe from him for the most part.

19 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Even if you're new to SF, you're not new to mafia in general, right? As far as I know, Arcanite, Anime, Glacies, and DefaultBeep are new to mafia as a whole, so they'd be starting at more of a "point zero" than you'd be. So basically, I just feel that saying "this is how I play" could be a way to get first time players to excuse one's behavior without the new players being able to know how to analyze if this really is different behavior.

It's not a major point, but it's something that I found worthy of note.

Also, someone tell me why Arcanite is voting Rapier again. Their vote on Rapier is from RVS, and they hadn't made any meaningful comment on Rapier afterwards aside from saying Rapier's first content post actually made him seem less scummy, but says that they're still convinced Rapier is scum.

##Unvote

##Vote: Arcanite

Why?

This vote is weak in my opinion and there is no other substance in this post that says anything.  I mean, yes, Arc's vote isn't that good, but do you truly find him scummy over his vote on rapier? Why isn't there any other scumhunting coming from you around this time, most of your other posts don't contain much either.  I just don't feel like this vote is pressuring all that much and I would like to see more actual scumhunting instead of complacently sitting a vote one person for iffy reasons then no real other pressing on to other players.

17 hours ago, Rex Glacies said:

If Magnificence never showed up, he would be prodded for inactivity, and then kicked out of the game. Then, I would have to articulate my thoughts regarding the remaining 12 people.

As for why I'm quiet, and this answers @Mackc2's statement as well, something unexpected popped up *cough* completely expected I just *cough* procrastinated *cough* and am unavailable to spend much time on here. Provided I am still alive after Wednesday (which I believe is day two) I should be more active.

Magnificence has shown up now, though he didn't provide any new information. More importantly, I am seeing something quite suspicious - Arcanite. Its one thing for it to be a joke, but its another thing to actually be suspicious of Rapier and yet have no evidence. I'm sorry I have to do this, but...

##Unvote

##Vote: Arcanite

How does keeping scum information away from the town benefit the town? May you please elaborate on this?

The period after "own" should be a comma; or the "and" should be capitalized.

On one hand, I don't have a problem with Rex glacies vote on Arc because I feel like Arc's vote is weak, but I also feel that it's an easy vote, and there is little else in his post regarding ANYTHING.  Rex what are your opinions on Greencapps? What about your opinions on Sunwoo?  As well as what are your thoughts on Rapier? If you feel Arc is scum because of his poor rapier vote then does that mean you think Rapier is town?

Other thoughts without quotes.

- Really agree with Marth's post/vote on Rex.
- Boron's post on page 8 is nothing but her thoughts on players and it doesn't really show who she thinks is scum either, this NEEDS to be addressed.  This has been a fairly recurring theme in her posts and playstyle this game.
-I really question Arc's vote on me as it seems like he has a case on Greencapps and he seems to fully believe that Rapier is scum.  Tunneling is bad to an extent but if he feels truly that Rapier is scum he could at least try to reorganize his thoughts and make a better case on him.  Instead he votes me because I'm scum, with the reasoning being that I'm inactive.  Arc what were your thoughts about the one content post I made this game? Anything? Did you disagree with stuff I stated or agree with any of it? What do you think about my thoughts on players that I posted?

Currently my vote priority is still with Sunwoo being #1.  After that it would probably be something along the lines of Rex > Arc 

2 hours ago, SB. said:

(i'm also assuming that the DB vote after was supposed to be voting for me, in hindsight?)

Yea it was lol

I knew it was a long shot tbh but it was really the only thing I could come up at the time.

You're good.

##Unvote

Right now my main scum reads are Bartozio and Arc.

@Arcanite You continue to elude us on giving us any real reasons for your votes and it looks really bad. Maybe you're a special town roll that knows more than us but I'm pretty sure no role can do anything special till after D1 so this defense is supremely weak or just non existent. Everyone seems really ready to forgive if you would just cooperate but you still refuse to. Seriously at least try to play along otherwise you're going to end up axed.

@Bartozio After reading SB.'s most recent post my mild suspicion I expressed here has been made much larger. In addition to SB.'s argument of him not relenting on his vote for me even after conceding that it could be a difference in play styles and completely changing his argument from 'You haven't voted' to 'You haven't voted enough and I dislike your vote reasoning' when he realized he was wrong. I would like to bring up the reason I was mildly suspicious about him before SB.'s post. That being the fact that dispite grilling me for not voting much he kinda disappeared and still hadn't changed his from me dispite arguably getting all the info out of me he was probably gonna get. He has since shown back up but his vote was for Arc who arguably already had a bandwagon forming around them. The vote was safe and unproductive, something he would have used as evidence against me. As such I see no problem in using it as reasoning against him. Additionally he has yet again kind of disappeared not participating much in the discussion, not scummy in of itself but just doesn't look good considering everything else.

##Vote: Bartozio 

Shinori: Yes, I find Arcanite's vote on Rapier to be scummy. It made sense as an RVS vote, but he had no business holding into it for so long without actual reasons for Rapier to be scum, and when pressed to explain why doesn't really even explain it. And then when he finally dropped the vote, he doesn't vote for the guy whom he seemed to actually build a case on, but you, someone who made one content post. He didn't even vote you because he thought your content post was bad, but because you weren't around. This is bad, and it's scummy. And not explaining the read on Rapier (but insisting he's still scummy) looks like capitulating to the "masses" because he's getting heat for the reasoning-less Rapier vote.

Also, I have made posts scum hunting. I've given thoughts on people. I've said that I still find Greencapps' and Mack's earlier actions scummy, but at the moment they are not as big priorities as Arcanite. Yeah, my play style isn't perfect. But I am scum hunting to the best of my ability while trying to parse all the new people, and I have a life. And I still manage to post more than a lot of you.

Are people factoring in that this is only my first game and I have no idea what I'm doing ;-;

Also

I am a robot

How hard is that to understand 

1 hour ago, Shinori said:

Arc what were your thoughts about the one content post I made this game? Anything? Did you disagree with stuff I stated or agree with any of it? What do you think about my thoughts on players that I posted?

I think your post made sense and was logical, though to be honest I only completely read it just now.... heh

That being said.... I still think your silence is suspicuous. I feel like nobody really suspected you because what you said about Capps in your post was sound, shifting the attention to him and not you.... it's funny because directly after that Rapier made his post as well, where he voted on Capps himself.

Note to self: pay a little more attention

Also I'm going to re read the thread again

19 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

but he had no business holding into it for so long without actual reasons for Rapier to be scum

I said my reason already smh 

And yes, I think it is a reasonable reason too!

So you believe I'm the most scummy player currently solely because I didn't post much in the first day and a half?  I could expect it if you were voting me because you wanted me to post more but from the way you say it it seems like you think not posting is truly just scum activity.  You don't have any other scum reads that beat out just an inactivity null read? I say null read because generally lynching someone who's inactive doesn't give any information.  Who are your other scum reads? If you weren't voting me who would you want to see lynched? 

What do you think is the most scummy thing a player has done this game?

23 minutes ago, Greencapps said:

@Bartozio After reading SB.'s most recent post my mild suspicion I expressed here has been made much larger. In addition to SB.'s argument of him not relenting on his vote for me even after conceding that it could be a difference in play styles and completely changing his argument from 'You haven't voted' to 'You haven't voted enough and I dislike your vote reasoning' when he realized he was wrong. I would like to bring up the reason I was mildly suspicious about him before SB.'s post. That being the fact that dispite grilling me for not voting much he kinda disappeared and still hadn't changed his from me dispite arguably getting all the info out of me he was probably gonna get. He has since shown back up but his vote was for Arc who arguably already had a bandwagon forming around them. The vote was safe and unproductive, something he would have used as evidence against me. As such I see no problem in using it as reasoning against him. Additionally he has yet again kind of disappeared not participating much in the discussion, not scummy in of itself but just doesn't look good considering everything else.

##Vote: Bartozio 

I'm guessing you want me to respond to this then?

I don't really get your argument on my dissapearing and all. I mean, yeah I'm not going to be active in this thread 24/7, but are you really blaming me for that? I need sleep and have other things to do as well you know...

I didn't completly change my argument, because the core point is still the same (namely, your reluctance to vote). I indeed missed your one vote at that point, but you only voted after being pushed for it, which means that it didn't really change my opinion on the matter.

I didn't immedeatly change my vote on you because I still found you suspicious (less then at first sure, but still suspicious) and didn't really have anyone else I found more suspicious and wanted to pursue. Later, that changed as Arc's posts rubbed me the wrong way.

Speaking of, now that she it seems active, @Arcanite

20 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Being serious now:

I do have someone else in mind.... but I still want to wait and see before I say anything

Can you clearify to me who you were refering to here? Was is Shinori, Green, or someone else you haven't really mentioned yet?

Arcanite: You are voting Rapier for making a joke post in the confirmation thread. Am I understanding you correctly? Because if that is the reason you gave and the reason you are holding out, that is not good reasoning. Joke posts made before the official game start do not and should not count as in-game reasoning for why someone is scum. Also, didn't you say there was another person you were suspecting but refused to name why or even elaborate on? You may be a first time player, yes, but nothing that you're doing has been townie, and we can vote you on that.

I know I said in an earlier post that I was giving Anime and Glacies a bit of a pass, but I think I should stop doing that. I have an issue with how they vote, they don't seem to have very strong convictions behind their votes, repeatedly wanting to "wait" for more people to chip in before either voting or giving opinions when they could just post their thoughts without having to wait for everyone. In terms of Anime, I have no idea who she suspects other than the person she is voting, and even then her vote on Mack doesn't seem all that convinced. What are Glacies' thoughts on anyone besides Arcanite anyway?

Michelaar is unmemorable. Everything that he does is non-alignment indicative. That said, if I had to go purely by meta I'm probably leaning more town; I think they actually put more effort and were more active in FEH mafia, where they were scum. Again, I have nothing concrete to believe this, though. Not too big on the vote on Mack, simply because he doesn't offer up any thoughts on anything else that happened in the thread (besides Greencapps' Rapier vote) and just votes Mack for something on early D1.

Speaking of Mack, I noticed that I worded myself kind of poorly on my last post. His reaction towards Bartozio is still a thing I find could be scummy, but then what he'd posted afterwards was inoffensive and I had other people I was more suspicious of so I dropped it. Just read through his latest posts, and uh ... well, I'm just having a hard time actually following it. I'll have to look through it again when I'm under less of a time crunch, but as of now he's low priority.

Also, I didn't really notice Marth's posts until I read back on the thread just now, but yeah ... I don't know why I didn't notice he voted Glacies with poor reasoning. Marth, aside from Glacies and Arcanite, who else do you feel is scum and do you have thoughts on anything else in-thread? Not too happy with this slot due to his lack of looking into things that had happened.

Greencapps is still on my potential lynch list. I like him more than I like Arcanite right now and he's said things that make sense, but I still have a bit of an uneasy feeling from his earlier posts that make me worry that it could've been an instinctive scum reaction that managed to become less reactive. Again, not a high lynch priority -- higher than Mack but lower than Marth at this point.

SB is fine. I'll need to reread Bartozio and DefaultBeep again because despite not having any issues with either I can't really remember what they've done or what their thoughts are. Also, I'm heading out and I won't be back until late, so don't expect to see me for a while.

1 hour ago, Shinori said:

What do you think is the most scummy thing a player has done this game?

Er...... what you're doing. That's why I voted you!

And Rapier's remark still really sticks with me

game theory: can scum target the narrator and kill him prior to D1, thus winning the game before it could begin?

Just cause it seems like he's speaking from scum perspective

49 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Am I understanding you correctly?

Yep

It was a joke, but it was made after we got our rolls, so it just seemed scummy to me

49 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, didn't you say there was another person you were suspecting but refused to name why or even elaborate on?

I can't remember exactly what I said, but the main person I was thinking of was Capps, with Magnificence Shinori and Rapier being people who I thought we should pay attention to

I wanted to be a bit more subtle... perhaps I was too subtle to the point it was suspicious, but my thought process was

"Hey I think we should look at this Shinori person but Capps is looking shady to me as well"

by making a remark about he Rapier and Magnificence being silent (him especially imo)

I just wanted to speak up, but I also didn't want to say "heh what Rapier said", since Rapier kinda already said what I noticed as I went back too

My main point on Capps was that whole sharing tells thing

Maybe I should've stressed that more? O.o

Edited by Arcanite

Day 1.5 - Votals
6cd770f199eeef952b7f791d695b7a84.jpg

Arcanite (3) - Sunwoo, Rex Glacies, Bartozio
Bartozio (2) - SB., Greencapps
Mackc2 (2) - Anime27arts, Michelaar
Magnificence Incarnate (2) - Mackc2, Rapier
Greencapps (1) - DefaultBeep
Rex Glacies (1) - Magnificence Incarnate
Shinori (1) - Arcanite
Sunwoo (1) - Shinori

Not Voting (0): None!

You have 25 hours left in the day. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer. For Day 1 only, the player with the most votes will be lynched (no hammer required).